Start by marking “Possessing the Night (Hunting the Dark Lord, Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Possessing the Night (Hunting the Dark Lord, Book 5)

Possessing the Night

(d'Argent Honor #5)

Chad Lalanne is a powerful and loving dom to the submissive Katie, devoted to discovering new ways to bring her to the heights of pleasure. Together, they thought they had formed an unbreakable bond, until the day Katie was attacked by a vicious vampire and Chad was powerless to stop it.

Now Chad knows he needs more than just sexual dominance to keep Katie safe. He’ll need
Published March 29th 2016 by Beyond the Page Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Possessing the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Possessing the Night

Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
Possessing the Night by Ann Jacobs is book five in the 'Hunting the Dark Lord' series. This is about 7o page Novella.
I haven't read the other books yet so I am thinking that I should have before reading this one. I still enjoyed the story but I kept thinking was the previous book were we learned how Katie got turned to a Vampire.
Overall I enjoyed the book and was glad to have the chance to read and review i
Eva Millien
Apr 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Possessing the Night (Hunting the Dark Lord Book 5) by Ann Jacobs As a powerful and loving Dom, Chad Lalanne is devoted to seeing to his sub’s needs but in order to fulfill those needs now that she’s a vampire, he has to add another vampire sub to their relationship in this riveting paranormal romance.

Eva Millien
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This story starts off with some red hot intimacy that not only brings in sizzling passion but poignant emotions as Chad thinks about what he must do to provide for Katie and the emotional turmoil continues to flow from the pages while the intimacy grows to scorch
Dawn
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well Anne you outdone yourself again with another fantastic book...its to bad it ended had a wonderful time with the D'Argent Clan...wish you could have wrote more...but you do have a life other then your characters...thanks again for a lovely series...and it i could give you more stars i would cause i love anything with vampire kink...cause that was just delicious!!!
TinaMarie
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HEA Addict
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
There’s always a time where a girl just wants some fun smut with a little romance thrown in. I’m realizing more and more that Ann Jacobs is just the author for these moods. They’re quick reads so you don’t have to worry about a book hangover the next day, and they’re dirty enough to read late at night so no one has to see you blush and squirm.

This time, it’s Possessing the Night (Hunting the Dark Lord #5) that’s making me blush. It’s only 5 chapters, but again, it sucks you in and provides so mu
Heather 123
May 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was very disappointed by this book and was glad that I received it as an ARC because I would have been more disappointed if I had actually spent money on it.

The premise of the book was good: can a dom accept that he is not enough for his submissive when she becomes a vampire and needs something he cannot provider her with? Is he willing to allow a third person into their relationship to fulfill her needs?

The book in incredibly short (67 pages); I finished the book in less than 2 hours. This bo
Tina
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Possessing the Night by author Ann Jacobs is the fifth book in the Hunting the Dark Lord series. I have not read the other books in this series, I feel this story could be a stand alone. I liked that, means you can come in at anytime and not be lost.
Chad is a human, and his is the Master of Katie. Katie is a vampire who was turned after being attacked. Katie needs blood. Since she cannot get it from Chad she has to go to clubs alone and get it. Chad has decided it would be in Katie's best inter
P Leslie
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

This was an interesting book with an unusual yet unique narrative. The story centres around Dom Chad, whose long time slave, Katie was bitten and turned into a vampire by a vampire Dom. Chad loves Katie but he knows he can't fully protect her as he doesn't possess the strength of a vampire and he carries the blame of not being there to protect her when she was attacked. When Katie confides in him about meeting Phillipe, a submissive vampire,
Daria

**book read and reviewed for NetGalley**

Ann Jacobs is a new to me author, this quick menage story about a Dom that is human, his sub a vampire and the Dom's need to see that her needs are taken care of. Can Chad take on a male sub ? Philippe is a vampire from a well known family submissive and a lost soul in more ways than one. Philippe has been without a long time, Can he take that step and "live" again? Katie once was human tragically turned Vampire, but still loved by her human Master, Katie
Debi
May 30, 2016 added it
Shelves: netgallery
I was in the mood for a quickie. Possessing the Night is a hot, fast read in the Hunting the Dark Lord series. Erotic paranormal romance with a human Dom realizing he can no longer protect his beloved Sub. Chad was powerless to stop a vicious attack by a vampire that changed Katie forever. A chance meeting brings Philippe d’Argent into their lives.

Philippe is a powerful vampire who has been mourning the murder of his master. Katie needs protection, mentoring, and feeding. Master Chad sees him as
Hannah
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Possessing the Night was a really steamy and great romance novel. I liked this book a lot, but I wish that it had more of a story line behind the romance. If you're looking for a short romance novel packed full of passion, I think this is a great one to read.

Chad is Katie's Dom in a great sexual relationship, that is until Katie is attacked and turned by vampires and Chad is unable to stop it. Now Chad knows he isn't enough to protect Katie and he needs to find someone who can help her feed and
Virgen Caraballo
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got this ARC copy for an honest book review and it was wonderful to read that I gave it 4 stars.

I thought that the Author did a great job yet once again and her characters alone with the storyline were very inspiring. As you continue reading the books in the series you can not help but get hooked and just want to continue reading until you finish reading the book. You don't want the book series to finish either because you just are so into the book series. The Author has done a great job at wr
Helen Martins
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received the book for an honest review. Possessing the Night is book five in the Hunting the Dark Lord series. As a loving Dom, Chad is devoted to his sub's need, but in order to fulfil those needs now that she is a vampire, he has to bring a vampire sub into their relationship. Phillipe d'Argent lost his maker/lover and now feels he's ready to love again. Can Chad, Katie and Phillipe make this relationship work?? This book moves very fast and is quite sexual. PNR meets manage BDSM. A quick and ...more
Raina Collins
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received through NetGalley for an honest review.

I highly suggest for mature readers only due to sex scenes.

This is not your traditional love story. But the story of man willing to change everything to love and protect the woman he promised to protect. She is has been turned into a vampire when he was supposed to protect her and now she needs the help of another vampire. But to make the relationship work they will need to bring a submissive male vampire into their relationship and their bed.
Linda
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book description does a great job of describing what this story is about. I could really feel the love in Chad and Katie's relationship as well as his struggle to accept his desire for Philippe. The author also does a great job of expressing Philippe's pain over the loss of his last Dom and his hope for his new relationship with Chad and Katie. This book is all about sex but it is also a really good love story. I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review and I really l ...more
Tammy
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Chad is a Dom who will do anything to protect his slave Katie. When she is turned into a vampire he knows he will need another vampire who can help keep her safe. They meet Philippe, a vampire who happens to be submissive. Can they find a way to form a new relationship that will included Phillippe and will Chad sacrifice himself to become a vampire as well? I like the story and the sex was very steamy. This is a quick yet entertaining read.
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
While I liked this novella I thought it could have used some back story. Other than the sex between Chad and Katie we don't really have any details about them. I would have liked to know more about Katie's history and her attack, which led to her turning. I enjoyed seeing Philippe again and was happy that he was able to find love.
This book moves very fast and is quite sexually, so if that's what you're looking for you'll be sure to enjoy it.
Karinosa
This was okay and I would have liked a little mystery or angst, if you will. I like that she talked about what Chad was thinking. He knew what he wanted and Phillipe is necessary in this change. Nice and steamy read. I would have liked a little more or an epilogue, but knowing there are more books to come I am pretty sure they will come up eventually.

I've received this ARC from the publisher via Net Galley for my honest review.
Sarah Wayne
I dont know if it was just me, but I dont understand the 4 plus star rating. It was a decent romance erotica book. But nothing that made it particuarly stand out to me as amazing. However, I did enjoy the story and will keep an open mind of future works by Ann Jacobs as this was a first for me by her.
Thanks Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for a honest review.
Erin OBrien
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you're not into domination or trios with 2 guys and a girl, this isn't for you. Those aren't really my first choices in a book but I found this to be a sweet sexy story about finding love again and learning what you'll do to keep it. 5 stars!
Eileen
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow a great ending to an awesome series to bad there isnt any more :( but i also have to admit i had fun reading about Chad & Philippe...great work Ann <3
Clare
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016, fantasy, netgalley
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Didn't really enjoy it. Could have been a hot read but sadly it didn't hit the mark with me.
Enigma Monkey
Kristine Bridges
Nov 28, 2013
Dawn
Mar 24, 2015

First published in 1996, Jacobs has sold close to fifty books and novellas. SANDSTORMS was a 2007 nominee for the prestigious ROMANTIC TIMES Reviewers' Choice award for best erotic romance. Her books have earned awards including the Passionate Plume (best novella, 2006, se

d'Argent Honor (5 books)
  • Vampire Justice (d'Argent Honor, #1)
  • Eternally His (d'Argent Honor, #2)
  • Eternal Surrender (d'Argent Honor, #3)
  • Eternal Victory (d'Argent Honor, #4)