Start by marking “Hostile (The After Light Saga, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hostile (The After Light Saga, #4)

Hostile (The After Light Saga #4)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  175 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Sometimes all you need is hope . . . and Hellfire.

Blurb:

Wanted. It’s something I’ve had to get used to since being placed on the government’s Most Wanted list. On the run, with my family and Finn by my side, we now have to evade not only the Arvies, but teams of soldiers sent to find and capture me.

Little do they know, I’m battling my own demons. After receiving large dose
Kindle Edition
Published by CHBB (first published 2016)

Jen is a book hoarder
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Amazing series

Once again Cameo takes us through the adventures of Abi as she journeys by herself to find a safe home for herself, Finn(her fiance) and family, in the apocalyptic world of arvies. As her "curse" strengthens, she struggles with learning how to control it. Cameo also introduces a new character Danielle. All in all an amazing series! Can't wait for book 5!
Conny
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
This was a FANTASTIC read, thanks Cameo xx
J.M.
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hostle perfect for anyone who loves action and horror
Kendall {Book Crazy}
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I have to be honest and start by saying that I could only vaguely remember what had happened in the last book in this series! I did read it over a year ago though lol! The author did write a little bit about what happened in the last book at the beginning of this book, which helped a lot! It helped me remember more about what had happened and where the last book had ended! I also won an ebook of this book from the author, so I started this book as soon as I received my copy and I had s
Anne Scott
Recommends it for: Sci-Fi & Dystopian Fans
Hope and Hellfire – What a combination!

There are a lot of books and movies out there about existence after the Apocalypse. One thing they usually have in common is the struggle for those who survived the fallout to stay alive, some of the survivors no longer close to anything that resembles a human being. What I like about this book is the author follows that theme but puts a deeper emotional spin on the story.

Abigail Park is a young woman with a unique gift, an ability the U.S. government has
Cheree Castellanos Edits
WOW, I hate to say this, but I think this is the best one yet! I read the entire book in like, 6 hours, I just couldn't stop. After everything Abi has already been through, and everything her and Finn have been through, it's not over. My heart ached for her the entire book, and I was so impressed with how she reacted and handled everything. All the new characters we got to meet and the new things we learned, craziness! I loved all the new characters we met, and the visits from the ones we know a ...more
My Bookbag by Karen
Before the After Light Saga, I never even considered reading dystopian literature. Thankfully, I was already a fan of author Cameo Renae’s work. Therefore, I decided to give the After Light Saga a try. Now, I can honestly say I am a true fan.

Cameo has such an excellent way of weaving a story full of excitement and danger, while still creating complex characters that steal my heart. Abi is such a strong heroine, badass to the core. She is also one half of a soul. The other half is Finn, (who I se
Julie Hicks
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been anxiously and very impatiently awaiting book four of The Afterlight Saga! This book did not disappoint. I picked right back up to Abigail Parks trying to control her newly found gift and trying to figure out how to best protect her family. She thinks she has one choice which is to go rogue and use her mind to help her reach safety. But what will the cost be?

I really want to word vomit right here everything that happens but I also do not want to ruin the book for you. I can tell you t
Alisha Frias
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Abi and Hellfire are back! Lots of Arvy action too! This is an awesome addition to The After Light Saga. Why hasn't this series been picked up by a movie director?!? Why?!?

In the fourth book of The After Light Saga Abi is wanted from the government bunker she and her family fled from...because she was given syrums that developed her gift into something greater. Something that can make her destroy an Arvy with a single thought. She ends up running away and gets captured by the bunkers soldiers.
L.L. Hunter
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes! This book was a whirlwind of action. Hostile is the fourth instalment in the After Light Saga, and doesn't disappoint. I loved the tender moments between Abi and Finn and the gory Arvie killing action! It was a bit more graphic than previous books, so younger readers please be aware. This didn't stop my enjoyment at all. In fact, i loved it the most out of the rest of the series. Especially the loopy mind walk thing. i'm glad to know this is not the end!
Kim
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! TALK ABOUT HELLFIRE ACTION!!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME READ!!! Fast paced cause of all the action. To see Abi,Finn and the rest of the crew back as well as HELLFIRE was great. More ARVies getting their butts kicked!! Cameo did a wonderful job on this book. I think this is my favorite in the series. As soon as I was done reading I said to my husband I need book 5 NOW!!!! A MUST READ SERIES!!!
Jennifer Jimmerson
Recommends it for: YA, Dystopian, Strong female lead
Recommended to Jennifer by: Cameo
Another gem by Cameo Renae. This Dystopian novel is action-packed, suspenseful, and dramatic. The government is after Abi, who they have enhanced and believe is their only chance at survival, and they will kill anyone who gets in their way. So, Abi must leave behind those she loves in order to keep them safe. She must set out in this hostile environment with only her heart, training, Hellfire, and Venge - which could destroy her along with her enemies.
Casey Carlisle
Jul 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dystopia
Actual rating 1.5 stars.

Again, another book in this series that really isn't a novel - more like a tale... the middle part of something happening.

I found ‘Hostile’ awfully spoony and over-ridden with typical YA tropes. Instances of bad grammar and immature writing. I was hoping this series would get better as the author got to hone her craft, but it is just getting repetitive with the same kind of underdeveloped writing style.

The concept is still full of potential, but feel like the author sho
Post-Apocalyptic
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hostile is the fourth book in the Afterlight Saga and one of the things I love is that the books all directly roll on from one another without distraction or break. At the end of Intransigent, Abi and her family had escaped the bunker and found themselves falling into the generous hands of Billy who invited them to join him and his hive. WIth Milton on the mend, Abi is able to finish her course of treatments, a goal she is desperate to realise as she knows that she’s on borrowed time until she i ...more
Sylvianne
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Abigail Park has a gift. She can communicate and harm the Arvies like no one else which makes her the most wanted person in the world and one of the strongest. Because of that, no matter how much she loves her family and especially her fiancé, the gorgeous Finn, she had to leave them behind in order to protect them. It's one of the most difficult decision she had to make.
Not long after she left them she got caught by people from her previous bunker. Their mission is to find her and bring her bac
C. Erani Kole
*voluntarily and honestly reviewed the ARC I received from Lady Amber's PR*

About a 4.5 for me, but ooo I really liked this one. It was full of adventure and you get to see her without additional aid, and having to deal with the enemy? Who doesn't like seeing people turn for the better lol I did miss her family and Finn after everything they went through to stick together, but at the same time, I totally enjoyed seeing her powers grow. The different soldiers and Arvies she dealt with were just as
Dawn Brazil
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read...

This book was awesome. The tension and pacing were great. The addition of the new characters was perfect. I can’t wait to see how this is all wrapped up in the final book.
Brenda
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You got keep reading

This just keeps getting better!!! Great series so far and I can’t wait to read and follow along with audiobook. Definitely recommend.
Tiffany Wood
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need more!!!!! I read the entire series in 2 days.... lol I am hooked and itching for a new book.
Sylvianne
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

I love love love that serie. I can't wait to read the last chapter. Cameo Renae you are an amazing author and person.
Fawn
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hostile

What a tough girl our Abi is. And of course her Finn is just perfect in every way. The drama is high with finding a survivor and fighting to survive.
Lillian
I received an eARC of this book via Lady Amber's Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

Hostile
by Cameo Renae is the 4th installment of The After Light Saga and I was on the edge of my seat the entire read! Abi, dealing with the grief and confusion her newfound gift has brought, leaves her family behind and sets out on her own into the desert to find her grandmother. But she finds that between the Arvies and the sol
Rae Sontheyon
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hellfire and Venge! . . .

Holy Smokes!! This book is the long awaited forth novel in the After Light Saga and man the stories get better and better! You'll seriously be turning page after page wanting to know what happens next and if they'll survive an Arvy attack. Oh and of course a reader will just swoon when it comes to Finn in this book.

On the run from the government Abi, Finn and what remains of her give are hiding with a friend in abandoned caves. But Abi knows their safety is temporary and
Jennifer G
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was great catching up with Abi and Finn. My love for these two characters grows with each book. I believe this book is my favorite yet in the series. Hostile took a new direction that brought in several new characters, one with great potential to maybe help save the world. All were well-written and made for a good cast. Hostile was full of action, suspense, and frustration. Very fast-paced, nicely written; you can't put the book down once you start.

Abi's strength contin
Doris
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having met an Arvie in person, I can tell you just how scary they are! Hostile is a continuation of The After Light Saga by Cameo Renae and is the sort of book that you stay awake reading all through the night- you simply HAVE to know what is next!
Abigail is the most wanted person on the planet... as a weapon!
Having been tested on by the government, she now has abilities that rival the most advanced weapons systems ever known. All she wants, is to have her family safe and to live in a world in
Doris
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abigail is the most wanted person on the planet... as a weapon!
Serena
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This gets 4 PIGGIES!!
Oh. Fin and Abi, love them to death!

This opens up with both of them in a heated moment and I love it!

Sometimes you feel that their spark decreases when couples finally are together, but with these two, they seem to always have that great connection.

Once again, Abi needs to make the decision on being alone and protecting her family, especially Finn.

Then this goes straight into action, she’s trying to survive on her own, avoiding the desert heat and the Arvies, but then meets
Natalie Hughes
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
As with the other books in this saga it is written from Abi's POV. This was another great instalment for this Saga. With the Government closing in on their position Abi feels she needs to leave in order to protect Finn, her family and friends. So she sneaks out in search of her Grammy.

I really enjoyed this book we got to meet some new allies and some old friends. We also got to see just how strong Abi has become and I think her powers are still growing. I was a little annoyed about the whole " i
Jami
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sometimes all you need is Hope....And Hellfire

Yeah, that about says it all.

In this book of The After Light Saga, Abi has a plan to get the survivors of the government bunker to safety, but at what cost?? With little food and water and other supplies, she sets off on her own to find the safest way to her Grammy. But the government are looking for her too, as well as the Arvies. The Arvies want her dead because they know she's the only one that can stop them. They want their vengeance.

The governm
Jami
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes all you need is Hope....And Hellfire!!!

Yeah, that about says it all.

The gove
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
USA Today Bestselling author, Cameo Renae, was born in San Francisco, raised in Maui, Hawaii, and now resides with her husband in Alaska.
She's a daydreamer, a caffeine and peppermint addict, who loves to laugh, and loves to read to escape reality.
One day she hopes to find her own magic wardrobe and ride away on her magical unicorn. Until then...she'll keep writing!
More about Cameo Renae

The After Light Saga (5 books)
  • ARV-3 (The After Light Saga, #1)
  • Sanctum (The After Light Saga, #2)
  • Intransigent (The After Light Sage, #3)
  • Retribution (The After Light Saga, #5)
“We’re all dying,” Sergeant Hawkins replied. “From the moment we are born, we begin our journey toward eminent death. All that matters is what we do with the time and gifts we’ve been given.” But” 0 likes