Start by marking “If You Were My Vampire (Shades Below, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
If You Were My Vampire (Shades Below, #2.5)

If You Were My Vampire

(Shades Below #2.5)

Sometimes, your life begins the day you die...

Asher Evans is a man haunted by history. Turned vampire in the concentration camp that claimed his family, he has never recovered from the loss of his humanity. Removed from the mundane world and resigned to facing eternity alone, he's completely unprepared when the unthinkable happens: he meets a girl.

As the youngest daughter

To ask other readers questions about If You Were My Vampire, please sign up.
Laura Oliva Hi Deena!

Hi Deena!

Thanks so much for your interest in If You Were My Vampire, and apologies for how long it's taken me to respond to your question. The book is currently still in production, but I expect to have it done and published in March. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for your excitement!

If you're interested in receiving a notification when the book hits the shelves, please consider signing up for my newsletter (if you haven't already). I would love the opportunity to keep you in the loop!

Here's the signup link: http://eepurl.com/xRJuD(less)

Lakshmi C
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book opens with Senecha Lynch and I'm a melting puddle of fangirl.
Senecha Lynch is Asher's patron and concerned about his welfare. Senecha is a predator and a strategist.

On Asher's current rep :
"I understand that my protégé has committed no actual crime, beyond convincing everyone in greater San Francisco to hate him."  Lynch shrugged.  "Last I checked, that was not illegal."

The Fraternity views Asher as a liability and he's on their blacklist.
Grace is an art student with secrets and she's
Deneale Williams
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok, before I begin I do wish to inform because as you will notice in the title, this says that it is ‘A Shades Below Novel’ that this book can also be read as a stand-alone novel, so you don’t have to feel obligated to purchase a prior book, unless of course, you want to. The decision is yours, and you will have no problems following along, if you haven’t read any of Ms. Oliva books. Although I can assure you, once you experience her writing, you will want to. Just a heads up from me. ::grin::

Erin
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As much as I care about the "whole numbered" novels in this series -- LJK Oliva sure makes the secondary characters in her ".5" novels people (beings) I can't help but love as well. This doesn't feel like a book to keep me satisfied while I wait to learn more about Jasper and Lena -- It is a stand-alone story that I can happily recommend on its own merits.
Asher felt like an honest portrayal of someone who was stuck living with his horrendous past. He and Grace were such great characters for each
Jason
May 21, 2017
Ramona Plant
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If You Were My Vampire is another amazing book written by LJK Oliva. Even though it is part of a series, it is completely stand alone so you don't have to read the others to understand what is going on, but trust me you will want to read the others because they are all fantastic on their own! The author does not focus one particular part of the paranormal but covers a wide aspect, which I enjoy. The plot on this one is intricate and keeps you reading on. This book is difficult to put down and ha ...more
Erin
Dec 01, 2018
Lara the Lacemaker
Nov 09, 2017
Barbara Strickland
This was an absolute gem. It ran the gamut of emotions from edgy, sexy, sweet and totally romantic while still packing a punch with its action. This is a very different paranormal novel; in fact the whole Shades series is like that. It may contain shifters, witches and vampires but there is a human element in these characters that hold us captive and make them seem real. They take on the battle towards good but like us ordinary people they don't always do it right. Their mistakes are deadly, and ...more
RyooT
Nov 21, 2017
Linda Rogado
Oct 13, 2017
Marisa Edgerton
Jul 11, 2017
Loren
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 2.5 of the Shades Below series. After initially having some mixed emotions over whether or not I liked this story, I ultimately enjoyed the story of reckless vampire Asher Evans, who is a member of the Fraternity of Sons vampire community in San Francisco. He's never forgiven himself for losing his family in the concentration camp where he became a vampire, so he lives a devil may care existence. When Grace Alan, whom Asher is fascinated with, is brutally attacked and left to die, h ...more
Lynde Shaw
Alicia Aberle
Feb 21, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine book pages 3 9 Apr 27, 2017 08:17PM

Shades Below (2 books)
  • A World Apart (Shades Below, #1)
  • The Devil's Disease (Shades Below, #2)