Start by marking “All She Ever Wished For: A gorgeous romance to sweep you off your feet!” as Want to Read:
All She Ever Wished For: A gorgeous romance to sweep you off your feet!

All She Ever Wished For: A gorgeous romance to sweep you off your feet!

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  524 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
The number one Irish bestseller!

‘An emotional rollercoaster’ Irish Independent
‘A brilliantly readable, funny novel’ Fabulous magazine

A gorgeous story of chance meetings and unexpected friendships. Because sometimes what you’ve always wished for isn’t necessarily what life has in store . . .

Ten weeks at the top of the Irish charts!
The new bestseller from Claudia Carroll

Marr
Published December 20th 2016 by HarperCollins (UK) (first published March 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about All She Ever Wished For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All She Ever Wished For

Irena
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I will start my review with a warning: Don't let the cover full you! This is not a festive read. I repeat: THIS IS NOT A FESTIVE READ.
Judging by it's releasing day and the cover, you probably think this is a beautiful Christmas story, but, unfortunately, it's not.
Whoever designed this cover did an amazing job when it comes to appearance, but it's so misleading. I mean, they even put snowflakes on the cover!
Why would you do that, when there's no winter, no Christmas in the story whatsoever?

This y
Dale Harcombe
Two and a half stars
The book opens with a woman crying on a bridge. She is Kate King, famous ex model and married to Damien. Together they are the rich glamourous couple with oodles of money and a lifestyle many would envy. That is, until the time when things go wrong. Tess Taylor encounters Kate crying on the bridge. Tess is busily planning her own wedding to Bernard, who has to be one of the most boring characters ever created. Even coming to him on the rebound it is hard to see how Tess has t
Yvonne Morgan
Claudia Carroll is a new author to me and l enjoyed her style of writing very much...This story is very engaging with good strong likable characters.Must admit I could have done without all the court room stuff... it did go on a bit ...and i found myself skimming though some of these chapters...but all in all and summing it up Your Honour l enjoyed it and will be reading more of Miss Carroll in the future.
Fabulous Book Fiend
Review: This book was completely different from what I was expecting. I suppose that's why you should never judge a book by its cover and also why I should read blurbs before reading a book. I was expecting a love story in the snow but what I got was part fabulous gossip magazine and partly the story of so many people who have fallen out of a bad relationship and had to move back home with their parents (I know I've been there!). I really enjoyed this book. This was written from the perspective ...more
Agi
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, 2016-releases

Oh wow. Really. I think that with every book Claudia Carroll is only getting better and better! Also, her stories are so different to each other, which only makes waiting for her new releases more and more exciting. Yes, I must admit, I was afraid that this book won't capture my attention as in my opinion it was a real slow burner. It gathered pace only in the courtroom and this is when the book really started to feel incredibly exciting and thrilling, but till that moment I was already panickin
Margaret Madden
Tess and Bernard are getting married and the wedding preparations are in full swing. Choosing to have the event at Tess's family home seemed like a good idea at the time but as the date approaches, the bride-to-be encounters many obstacles, not least the fact that her family don't like Bernard and Bernard's family are not overly-keen on her. To make matters worse, Tess has been called for jury duty and all the wedding plans are side-tracked.

Kate and Damien King were Ireland's golden couple and
Pauline Coulthard
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book maybe even more because I listened to the audio version brilliantly narrated in the lovely Irish accent, Tess is called up in Ireland for jury service at the worst possible time for her, the story of Kate and Damian unfold during the trial , but this well written story made me laugh so much, the rest of the jury were so funny, I loved it.
Alison
3.5 Stars

Probably wrongly, I feel a little bit misled by this book. Based on the cover, the title and the release date of October I kind of thought that this was going to be a Christmas romance and unfortunately it's not. I no doubt should have paid a bit more attention to the blurb but I just got too excited about a Claudia Carroll Christmas story. I absolutely loved Meet Me In Manhattan: A sparkling, feel-good romantic comedy to whisk you away from it all and would probably rate it as one of m
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I actually have no idea how on earth I am supposed to review this. I want to tell you about the story, which although is briefly mentioned in the blurb, the actual methods used and the way everything is shown to the reader feels quite different, but yet I fear mentioning the specifics could be a spoiler.

So lets see what I can safely say..

Tess and Kate meet briefly on a rainy evening on the Ha'Penny Bridge, and then two years later their lives entwine in an unexpected way.

The majority
Alice Carter
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice mixture of courtroom drama and chick lit. How can an ordinary girl and superrmodels lives become entwined?

I found it easy to relate to both the main characters, Kate and Tess, and both their stories were realistic. I loved the idea of part of Kate's story being told through newspaper clippings.

Although both these characters were great, it was the pensioners serivn jury duty with Tess that stole the story for me. At times they made me laugh out loud, I especially loved the scene in which t
Book-shelf Shelf
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of Claudia Carroll so it comes as no surprise that I loved every page of this book. Although its not as deep as some of her others, but still it is amazing how she takes a subject and gives it her all. This book is also brilliant as its a total court case. Hearing the side from someone called to be on a jury is amazing and so different. I can honestly say i loved this book and really felt i was at the court every day.
Melissa Borsey
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. I thought the author did a wonderful job with this book. I loved the story and how genuine the characters were. I really enjoyed getting swept up in this story and hated to see it come to an end. I would love to see another story on these characters. A great read that I highly recommend!
Fiona Bauer
This was such a romantic, heartwarming story. I loved both the plot and the writing style, which was unusual but effective. There's present story, flashbacks, news articles. It was all very original and well put together.

(Not a Christmas story)
Eileen
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this ending,, I won't give any spoilers. Miss Carroll has done it yet again :)
Di
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was completely different from what I was expecting. I suppose that's why you should never judge a book by its cover.
I was expecting a love story in the snow but what I got was part fabulous gossip magazine and partly the story of so many people who have fallen out of a bad relationship and had to move back home with their parents.This was written from the perspective of Kate King, former supermodel and wife of a wealthy media mogul and Tess, a personal trainer who is weeks away from he
Anne Mackle
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Tess is crossing a bridge,one of those bridges where lovers place a lock as a symbol of their love. She notices a young woman standing by herself as if visiting a padlock belonging to a lost love. She seems too well dressed to be in the area and as Tess wonders about her she notices how upset she is. As she approaches her she recognises her as a well know celebrity but still stops to ask if she is okay.
Tess, who is getting married to the much older Bernard is in the middle of
Chrys
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
A nice enough story with interesting characters but it left too much unanswered about the painting. It was almost like Kate had a complete lobotomy.
The romantic side of it between "sausage" (how did she ever put up with that?) Bernard and Will was great but the rest of it felt empty and unfinished.
Charlotte
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

All She Ever Wished For is everything I love about Chick Lit novels. Great characters, an engaging story, a little bit of romance, and a happy ending. A fun read for sure!
Kerry
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy reading and painless - I enjoyed the characters although I was waiting for the twist which, when it finally came, was disappointing.
Angela
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the story and how things ended but I'm a little miffed at how the book ended I had wanted to read a proper reunion scene to just wrap things up properly.
Georgia
I don't love flashbacks, so this book wasn't really for me
Bernie Morris
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 2nd book by this Irish author that I have read. This one was riveting. I'm definitely a fan.
Wendy Jakob
If you want a nice easy holiday read, unabashed chick-lit then this book ticks all the boxes. Very easy to read, despite being just under 500 pages. Nothing to strain the brain but still enjoyable.
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Planning your wedding is supposed to be an exciting experience isn't it? Well, stressful too, but you would think that when your upcoming wedding was being spoken about, you would show more happiness as opposed to....nothing, right? I have watched many episodes of Say Yes To The Dress and Don't tell the Bride to understand that anger or uncertainty, are two feelings that would only appear if your other half has annoyed
Jessica
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an electronic copy of this book for free from net galley in exchange for an honest review. I loved this book! I have read all of Claudia's previous novels and loved them all. She is classic, Irish chic-lit. Love her! Read this book because it's good!
Narelle Richards
Thank you so much to Netgalley and Avon for giving the opportunity to read and review this book. I loved it and had to read it basically in one day. (Middle of the night and one morning that's how much it caught my attention.)

Tess is about to get married - but is she making a mistake?Her family and friends think so but she is not so sure. Bernard might be a little older (fifteen years) and he might have a few different interests (he is professor of Art History, she's a fitness trainer) but he is
Anne Mackle
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tess, who is getting married to the much older Bernard is in the middle of
Zoe
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming, romantic, and laugh-out-loud funny.

This story is told from two different perspectives. One is that of Tess, an energetic young woman in the throes of planning her dream wedding to the older, slightly dull, Bernard. And the other is Kate, a beautiful celebrity who finds herself in a malicious legal battle with her estranged, billionaire ex-husband. Although these women come from completely different backgrounds and lead completely different lifestyles it isn't long before their path
Leonie Byrne
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
I've often heard that Claudia Carroll writes like Marian Keyes and Cecelia Ahern but felt doubtful that anybody could live up to the masters of Irish Chic Lit fiction. All She Ever Wished For was therefore a pleasant surprise. Witty, warm and just like cuddling up in your favourite chair with a cup of tea on a winters evening. I devoured it.

The story follows two characters. Tessa is about to get married when she is unexpectedly called for jury service a few weeks before the big day. Kate is a c
Alycia
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The two intertwined stories of Tess and Kate in 'All She Ever Wished For' will keep you engaged and entertained!
After reading some reviews I was a little skeptical about the story line and whether it would be an interesting read. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this story was.
There was a nice balance between the emotional turmoil of both characters that made me keep reading because they are two very different people sitting in the same court room for very different reasons, both needing
Claudia was born in Dublin and is a graduate of UCD, the College of Music and of the Gaiety School of Acting. Since then she has worked extensively as an actress on the Irish stage, but is probably best known for her role as TV’s Nicola Prendergast in the long running Dublin soap opera, ‘Fair City.’
More about Claudia Carroll

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be