Start by marking “Devil's Kiss (Sunset Cove, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Kiss (Sunset Cove, #2)

Devil's Kiss

(Sunset Cove #2)

What do you do when the one you least expect to matter…

Ends up mattering the most?

Derek Pearson likes to think he’s an easygoing guy. Uncomplicated, upfront, and unapologetic with what he wants. His what you see is what you get attitude is on prominent display for anyone who cares to look, and his foul mouth is right there to back it up should you miss the point.

However, w
315 pages
Published May 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Kiss

Judith
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars.

This is one of the first Authors who got me into M/M books and I've enjoyed everything I've read by her.I went into this one expecting to love it but ended up just liking it.

So Derek and Jordan were introduced in Finley and I was dying to know the dynamics of their relationship.

They meet on the first day of college.Jordan is the Professor.Derek is the student.Sparks fly immediately between them.
Derek has the whole broody bad boy thing going on.Jordan is flamboyant,arrogant and definite
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Always Answer' Stars!
 photo Devils Kiss - Ella Frank_zpsb16ef9ko.png

Finally, I have some time to write this review! I really hate not being able to read and review more, but now I need most of my time to take care of my mother (she is doing very well, btw! :)). But leaving that aside, let's talk business. Ella Frank is the queen of emotional MM stories! With Devil's Kiss, she does it again and she made me love these two man so much!

Devil's Kiss is the second installment of the Sunset Cove series and it follows with the story of Derek Pea
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.25 Stars***

I hate to start a review of a book I actually enjoyed with something negative, but right off the bat I feel like I need to get this off my chest.

This book had some SERIOUS 5 star potential. I'm talking tug at your heartstrings, throw your panties across the room, glued to your kindle and forget about the real world potential. But alas, while I did enjoy Derek and Jordan's story, I'm left devastatingly disappointed.

Okay, now that that's taken care of, let's begin this review.

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

DNF 80%

I actually quite loved the book. I even thought it was better than the first one in this series.

Why DNF?

I just thought it was too long. There, I said it. It couldn't keep my interest. I was pretty satisfied by the 80% mark so I quit.

But seeing how this is just me again I happily give this book 3 stars lol

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
S.M. West
4.5 Always STARS

Up front I must say, this is different than Finley and I'll admit, I did go in with the yearning for the same thing because Ella captured the longing, hurt and love between those two so well. I was seriously a puddle of goo after Finn and Brantley.

So, in the beginning this was an okay read. I'd had such high hopes for the lust-hate hinted at between Derek and Jordan, the best friends of the MCs in Finley, that when that was just one small part of them I was let down. But, a swi
ღFloღ the coffee addict
4.5 **unlikely pair** STARS

“One of these days, we will get this right.”

That was a fun read. I have to say I was a bit worried after finishing Finley if Derek and Jordan could work for me as a couple, but I really enjoyed their relationship and the whole unlikely pair thing they had going on.

Devil’s Kiss is a M/M romance, with two openly gay characters. It spans over a time period of eleven years, starting parallel to Finley, when Derek and Jordan met at college. Jordan being the eccentric a
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

Most days he was convinced that Jordan was the devil. A beautiful seduction put in his path to offer salvation at the cost of one thing- his soul.

If there's one thing that Miss Ella Frank can write, it's a smokin' hot MM romance. No truly. The woman may be a genre chameleon, but there's just something about her MM that hits me just right...in both ovaries. True story.

Ever since I read Finley, I've been itching to get my hands on Derek and Posh Spice aka Jordan's story. The hate lust
Shile
1.5 stars for the story
3 stars for the Audiobook

description

I am a BRELLA! And will always be! But this book! Damn! It was just Meh!

At some point I had to ask myself! Shile is it a must you keep going?
And my tiny brain answered: Yes, for Dylan and Priest.

So after reading Priest, I found out from the author’s note that we met Priest in Wedlocked. And in was like wait what?😮 I don’t remember. Then I decided to reread Preslocke series to see where Priest was originally introduced, then my tiny brain decided t
Gigi

I was really excited for Derek and Jordan's story after the wonderful sexual tension they had going in Finley (Sunset Cover #1). And there was sexual tension. LOTS of it. But like Finley, this one was just too much.

(I'm going to steal part of my own review of Finley because Devil's Kiss made me feel exactly the same.)

It was Just. Too. Much.

Too much sexual tension.

Too much flip-flopping of emotions.

Too much drooling over one another.

And the anger. These men were ruthless to one another.
DW
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-love
Sad to say that I did not enjoy Jordan and Derek. I liked both characters but together they just did not click for me!!

They were both very sexy and fun characters but their on and off relationship frustrated me.

photo 15A4D13C-FE80-49F7-B520-9D5FF41D9BA3_zpsx4ho8seb.jpg
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED 1st book soooo much but I've enjoyed this one too. Derek & Jordan were really funny and sexy together. 😉

Ps. If you're okay with M/M books, I highly recommend this series to you. 😊😊😊

Dia
3,5 stars

Well I ended up liking this book. The last 25% saved it for me.
While reading it I wanted to give up many times, because I honestly hate time lapses. It's just not for me.

I rolled my eyes a lot and wanted to shout stop being such babies and start acting like the intelligent men you are!

There were many things that didn't work for me, like Derek running away from Jordan because he was afraid his father would get to him. Well Jordan was wealthy enough to find a way to keep them both safe.
Dee Montoya
4 You Found Me Stars****

(ARC kindly provided by author)

(BR with the lovely Mel)

One was broken, the other one was lost. They are flawed and yet, so perfect together. Always there for one another, never far, and always wanting something they can't have.

A beautiful love story...

photo E823EE26-DC73-490E-AD6D-62E4497C66DB_zps1t0vwauy.jpg

Derek Pearson grew up in a bad home. His mom passed, and his dad and brother are not what a family should be, always hurtful and very dismissive towards him. Derek feels like a stranger inside his own home. Finn is his be
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Waffling Stars

I'm quite torn about this because really, this book makes no sense when it comes to love and what I, as a reader, would want for my protagonists. The die hard romantic in me wants all consuming passion, plausible angst, and sweeping intense love, and the set up here, did not quite exactly deliver on that front.

(view spoiler)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Dee)

photo ED50D146-54BA-4E8F-B3C3-72A564FF82C5_zpsz60vr5r2.jpg

Jordan Devaney aka Posh Spice is a history professor at a university in Sunset Cove, Florida. He's in his mid twenties & very young to be a professor. He's a genius who grew up privileged & spoiled, but is also extremely kind & generous. Jordan is known for being confident, bold, daring & high maintenance. He will be the first person to tell you how fabulous he is.

On Jordan's first day of class he locks eyes with a gorgeous tattooed
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

I’ve got to admit I was a smidge skeptical about Devil’s Kiss. As much as I adore Ella Frank’s writing, Finley, the precursor to this book, missed the mark for me somewhat, but man oh man does she deliver the goods with this one. I absolutely loved it, but I do not recommend reading Devil’s Kiss without reading Finley first.

We’re introduced to Derek and Jordan in Finley. Derek is Finn’s tough, tatted best friend, and Jordon is Brantley’s posh, dramatic best friend. There was some seriou
Lyndy Ann ♫
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading Finley and getting to know Derek and Jordan a little through their individual friendships with Fin and Brantley. I wasn't sure how I would feel about Devil's Kiss because I did not really like Jordan he got on my nerves a bit.

I am happy to say I was WRONG with my first impression of Professor Jordan Devaney I absolutely fell in love with him the more I got to know him for everything he did for Derek, he has the biggest heart.

Derek Pearson is Daniel's best friend they grew up togeth
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
3.75 "Posh meets He-Man" Stars!

photo 20F890B6-528E-4924-9919-B286D3EC89ED_zpsedfd3kme.jpg

I've been looking forward to this book ever since I met the drama queen, aka Posh, Professor Jordan Devaney, in Finley. Devil's Kiss is the second book in the Sunset Cove series but can be read as a standalone. All I knew when I first met these two fellas is that there was serious history between them... A chemistry that on the surface looks like hatred but if you looked a bit closer, it was a balls-to-the-wall explosion of testosterone ready to combust.

A second-c
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN

AMAZING!!!

I am so happy that I decided to continue the series. When I read the first book, I was disappointed. Finley left me unimpressed. I was so anxious about Jordan and Derek's book, whether it would be good or not.

IT Was GREAT!!

OMG! These two are so beautiful together and HOT! Their chemistry is OFF THE CHARTS. The feelings...I can't even.

This is a long journey, from the time Jordan met Derek, till the end. This journey is full of everything, things changing continuously, apart from one: J
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
3.5 Stars
 photo 6519DA19-69A3-48B7-91AB-0BA1DE4C480A_zps98nxp9nh.jpg

Ella Frank is one of my all time favourite authors, I absolutely ADORE her writing style. She just grabs hold of you and pulls you in and as far as MM goes she has given us Logan & Tate. Also Finley.. And then here she has given us two sexy unlikely men which I have enjoyed, that being said this wasn't my favourite..

So super quick review..

I was really intrigued by Derek and Jordan's relationship since Finley, there was just something very manly and heartbreaking in that scene..
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo cd03ee7606c37da4242974d79781e3_zpsbmrueccu.gif

It’s no secret that I am a huge Ella Frank fan. I swear Ms. Frank can write about anything and make it so sexy, titillating, sinful, and captivating. And if there is one thing that Ms. Frank can deliver is that she writes one of the most sexy and breathtaking M/M romance novels out there. And in her newest release, Devil’s Kiss, Ms. Frank once again holds her readers hostage with her vibrant, sinful and raw prose.

I honestly don’t want to sp
Amanda
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, m-m

Devil's Kiss is a much anticipated book since reading Finley. I'm a sucker for enemies turn lovers and from what I glimpse of Derek and his 'Posh Spice', there couldn't have been a better set up. But, I'm a little let down that this story is not actually a love-hate relationship.

Derek Pearson is Finley's best friend from Book 1, and the owner of a gym by the beach. He is one fine hunk man. We get to know more about Derek this time around, regarding his less than stellar childhood and hi
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author via Love Between the Sheets PR as part of blog tour*

4.5*

Before reading:

I'm ready!!!!!

After reading:

Was I? Was I really ready?... Hmmm...

This is the 2nd book in the series and is a complete standalone, if you know what I mean. However, because I’m an Ella fan and have read the 1st book as well, I don’t think I can help it if I make some references to the first one, not that I’d give away anything.

Derek and Jordan… this is their history in the making. It ran concurrently
Sybil aka Lala

Gah! Right in the feels!

Now I met Derek and Jordan in Finley and I didn’t like them. So how did these two turn into my absolute favourite characters by Ella Frank? Rare magic, my friends. The kind Ella Frank has in spades that enables her to flesh out characters enough to make me care about them deeply. The ability she has to convey every single beautiful and painful emotion so that they become visceral. The way she had me eating up all the angst and delicious sexual tension she delivers right o
Jaime
5+ Devilicious Stars For this Fan-Freaking-Tastic Book

I was lucky enough to review this book prior to release and it took me days to come up with an adequate review that really lets others know what you can expect from this book and how much I loved it. Let me just start by saying, this book has a lot of moments in it where you just want to grab the two MC and bang their heads together. It is a book that may be frustrating to some only because we watch them over a course of ten years, as they
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
woohoo :D :)

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

~Kristin~
3 Stars
While this is a favorite author of mine, this series isn't really hitting home with me. There were things I liked and things I did not, that's where I am at, I think if this series continues I will have to take the wait and see approach.
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me while I gather my thoughts and my emotions, which are currently all over the place, courtesy of this fantastic book.

I just…I want to rant and rave, and just generally gush over Devil’s Kiss, because it was out of this world. Off the charts. So. Damn. Good. Right from the start, this book was unexpected—in the VERY best way. I thought I had a handle on Derek Pearson and Jordan Devaney, but umm… Nope. Not even close.

And therein lies one of the things I loved most about Devil’s Kiss. It
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Devil’s Kiss (Sunset Cove #2) by Ella Frank
4 stars!!

“You answered…that’s everything to someone with something.”

One thing I can always count on from Ella Frank is a hot as sin MM read and Devil’s Kiss was no different. Ella Frank always manages to capture that intensity and that deep connection that only two rutting men can bring, add to that the emotional side of fighting fears and prejudices and you always get a beautiful story. While Derek and Devaney’s story is far from pretty at times, t
Mirjam

The people who stand out as special in your life are usually put in your path for a reason.

Love story about an unlikely pair.

Jordan "Posh" Devaney, rich flamboyant, History Professor

Derek Pearson, muscled tattooed bad boy, History student

After reading Finley enjoying Jordan & Derek I was exited to read about them. But this was a bit overdone. As much as I came to enjoy them it did not do it for me reading their story. In fact, I did not like Jordan too much; he was a self-centered arse and a

• MAXWELL 3: Love's Conviction (Phoenix Club, #15)
  • Perfect Alignment (Thorne and Dash, #3)
  • The Proposal (Single Dad Support Group, #2)
  • Nightingale
  • Will & Patrick Meet the Mob (Wake Up Married, #5)
  • James—Uncontrollable (Man Up #4)
  • If The Seas Catch Fire
  • Remember Me When (The Unforgettable Duet, #2)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Three (Spencer Cohen, #3)
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
  • Secret With Bonus Material
  • Kage Unmasked (Kage Trilogy, #3)
  • Bonfires (Bonfires #1)
  • A Worthy Man (The Men of Halfway House, #5)
Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite erotic serial, Sex Addict.

A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary and erotic fiction.

Sunset Cove (2 books)
  • Finley (Sunset Cove, #1)
“How long have we lived together?”
“Too fucking long. That reminds me, I forgot to tell you years ago, pack your shit and get out.”
1 likes