Start by marking “Earn Your Seat On a Corporate Board: 7 Actions to Build Your Career, Elevate Your Leadership, And Expand Your Influence” as Want to Read:

"Board cronyism" has run rampant for too long. The playing field must be leveled so board seats are obtainable to a wider, richly qualified, more diverse range of talent. To remain competitive and profitable, our corporations and free enterprise system depend on it.

In their June 2011 Harvard Business Review article "Defend Your Research: What Makes a Team Smarter? More Wom
ebook
Published March 23rd 2016 by Jill Griffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Earn Your Seat On a Corporate Board, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earn Your Seat On a Corporate Board

Start your review of Earn Your Seat On a Corporate Board: 7 Actions to Build Your Career, Elevate Your Leadership, And Expand Your Influence
Sunny
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jill Griffin’s seven guidelines to navigate the fierce competition of the corporate board further inspired me to pursue my passion for journalism and business. Her chapter addressing how women can serve as great leaders, helped me understand the importance of taking charge and speaking up to become a respectable leader in the business world.

Sunny Kim, Austin, TX
Leslie P.
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy-to read, informative guide for people interested in joining a corporate board. The recommendations are actionable and can be be into immediate effect.

Emilie Lostracco
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book after attending an event that Jill Griffin spoke at in Austin, Texas. Griffin inspired me from the start. She is an excellent source of inspiration to keep striving higher. Earn Your Seat on a Corporate Board was an insightful wake-up call for me; one section that truly spoke to me was where she writes about refraining from “hiding behind your facts” when giving a presentation or a speech. As a habitual over-preparer, I am certainly guilty of this, and I probably wouldn’t have r ...more
Nicholas Florio
Jan 11, 2019
David Emerson
Feb 10, 2019

• Principles: Life and Work
  • Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder
  • The Little Book That Still Beats the Market
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • The Prince
  • What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence
  • Bitcoin Billionaires: A True Story of Genius, Betrayal, and Redemption
  • Wealth Secrets of the One Percent: A Modern Manual to Getting Marvelously, Obscenely Rich
  • The Biggest Bluff: How I Learned to Pay Attention, Master Myself, and Win