Start by marking “Crave (Talon Security #1)” as Want to Read:
Crave (Talon Security #1)

Crave

(Talon Security #1)

From the author of the best-selling Ride Series comes the new Talon Security series!
****
I didn’t realize I was falling, not until my heart was lost in love with him.

After years of close friendship with former Marine and security specialist, Sid Masters, Samantha McAllister finds herself grappling with feelings far beyond friendship. After a line is crossed, Sam’s heart
Published April 11th 2016 (first published April 2016)

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4 "Always" Stars ****

This is a best friends to lovers book with a surprising good thriller twist. I will admit this book surprised me and I enjoyed this one very much.

photo sam_zpsyubaminq.jpg

Sam, a struggling musician, has fallen in love with her best friend Sid, a retired Navy Seal, turned security agent. She has no idea when her feelings changed but they have and she is not able to hide them after a night of a few drinks, a little pool and finding out he has a date with another gal.

Leaving in a storm of ange
Jenn
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Okay- I decided to go back and finish this. I liked it more after the half way point. Still, I stand by my original review. Though, I will add that I like the men of Talon. I loved seeing Ryker & Piper from the motorcycle series, and I enjoyed Caden, Danika, and Sarah.

I also appreciated the fact that this story was not over whelmed, or completely led by, sex. Thank you to the author for that! I love real content in my stories.

DNF @ 43%
I couldn't feel a connection to the couple, nor could I
Erin
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
So I read, rated, AND reviewed this book last year but somehow it's not here. Grrrr...
Page
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
A less interesting version of Laura Kaye's Hard Ink series, with Kristen Ashley (ish) characters. I struggled to finish, but that is because I was bored silly not because it was bad writing.
Kodie Mackay
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Why do I always think it's a wise idea to start a book at 12am?!
Totally worth the lack of sleep though.
4.5stars

I really enjoyed this story, the characters and everything else that came along with it.

Sam is a very enjoyable and relatable character. after being a friend Sid for many years she just couldn't keep up the pretence of their "friendship" when she knew she was in love with him. She didn't choose it nor can she tell you exactly when it turned from your an idiot but I love you as my idio
Emily
Samantha McAllister didn't expect for her best friend and secret crush, Sid Masters to find out that she was in love with him. When he did, he walked away and broke her in a way no other could. Now Sid is back and he has plans to make Sam is own, however she is not buying the sudden change of heart. Sid plans to prove to her he is serious, but Sam has found herself in danger with the Russian Mafia unknowingly. Sid plans to protect Sam but as the danger heats up everything else does as well.

Excel
Judy
It was just okay. Predictable with no surprises. I didn't feel a lot of chemistry between the major characters. Leaning towards two stars but since I've been in a reading slump lately I'm going to give it 3 stars. It had to potential to be more but didn't quite rise to the level that prevented a little boredom while reading.
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: talon-security
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
An upper end 3.75 stars.
Romance is my Jam||Victoria
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this series from this author. She writes so damn fine characters to make me swoon.
Barbara
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So Sam & Sid been friends for a very long time , Room/House mates, Sid is best mates with Sams brother & works for him Alpha Comando... Sid has some issues... Do they take it to the next level... tried to he freaked out .. not until Sam has her house broken into ,til she gets beat up a bit does the light bulb turn on to full bright for Sam well its always been full bright now its mega watt..lol so his Alpha Bad Ass comes into play & hes all in, great story line building, we get to re ...more
Bev
3.75 stars.

A quick read that I enjoyed. I love a good old romantic suspense/damsel in distress read and I got that here. However, I think the book would have benefited from a dual POV, even if we only got a few chapters from Sid's POV.
Yesenia Gonzalez
The book was okay I like the security ex military aspect, Sid sounded like he was badass but at the same time kinda cheesy. Sam was great she didnt overthink it and it was quick which was awesome straight to the point. The ending was super awesome and can't wait to hear travis story.
Valentine
This book is Amazing! I think i'm falling in love with Megan O'Brien.
I can't wait for Travis's story!!
French Press Bookworm Blog
Loved this short and awesome read.

Alpha male, intsa love with a slight miss understanding that is short lived. Action, yummy sexy times, and honestly a well written story. Loved it.
Lori
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
SMJC
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
A lot of eye action 3.5*

In spite of the H being a tough alpha man, boy did his eyes soften & warm - A LOT - in just about every chapter. But once you get past that, it's not that bad.

I did however appreciate the fact that the whole book wasn't all about the tug of war of yes we want to be together, but no we don't, although maybe we do. That was settled pretty early on, and then we just got to see them navigate being in a relationship, very refreshing. I liked how they handled the whole "oo
Jacki Smith
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Worth the read

I am not a fan of relationship drama and this has some in the beginning but I am glad I pushed through because it was great after that. The plot was pretty good. Nothing unbelievable. Sid and Sam have great chemistry and are connected in so many ways. Sid is amazing (after the drama) and Sam is great. She has moments like any irl women would. I think that is what makes her so likeable. At least for me. Romance was really sweet without being over the top or cheesy. Definitely will r
Djg
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spinoff of The Ride series. Sam was roommate and best friend of Piper from "Ryker".
Liked Sam a lot as an h. Sid was a little confusing at first but they were great together.
I think I said before this author reminds me a bit of Aurora Rose Reynolds who I love and so far so good. Love that the H's are so loyal and all in with their girls.
S. R. Lewis
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!!

I love this book. It is full of wonderful characters and relationships and excitement. I love the way the author writes. It draws me in and keeps me reading. The HEA is always a must. This is a series I will read and reread.
Mae M
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love this book also by Megan O'Brien. You meet Sam in the Ride series (Which I have also done reviews on so if you haven't read those yet please check those out) Sam is in love with Sid and has tried to catch his eye for what seems like forever. What started out as friendship for her has turned into something else. She could have sworn a few different times that Sid felt the same way yet when she decides to make her move he pushes her away. Deciding she can't deal with living with him and dealin ...more
Rosa Pulido
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3.2
Iza
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was just an ok book. I didn't like it that much, but it wasn't bad. Just the writing...it's a bit rudimentary in a way.
Marissa
DNF

the heroine annoyed me way too much.
Laura||GandyFangirl♡
I liked it! It has great potential for this series. I already knew I enjoyed the author's style. Both characters and storyline were easy to like. I'm going to read book 2.
Tazin Mashruba
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! Quirky and fun read ^_^
I need a HEA
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Bordering on a 4 star nearly. I do enjoy a take charge hero.
Izzie d
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent, great story, clever writing and lots of funny laugh out loud moments.
When i started the book I hadn't read any blurb so i didn't realize it was about two best friends, Sam and Sid, Sam falls in love with Sid and he appears not to feel the same way. Normally i do not read these books because i don't like this type of story line but i love Megan O'Brein's other books so i read it anyway.

If you haven't read the author's other books i recommend you read The Ride Series, ce
Grace
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FABULOUS

## FABULOUS read. I adored Sam & Sid. I loved that Sam wasn't the typical doormat heroine and that she told Sid how much he hurt her. They straightened things out pretty quickly (by 70%) and I kind of missed the anticipation for the rest of the story, although it is incredibly sweet. Very well written and a small peak into the Ride series, which was also fantastic. Can't wait to read Travis' story.
Tpagirl
Crave by Megan O'Brien is the first book of the Talon Security Series and is a spin off from book 4 in O'Brien's Ride Series, Ryker.

I enjoy O'Brien's style of writing. The storylines are suspenseful and the characters are alluring with a strong supporting cast of characters that provide entertainment, humor and intrigue. And Crave followed suit successfully!

Sid Masters and Samantha "Sam" McCallister have been best friends among a tight group of four friends/roommates since college. They've both
  • Acer (No Prisoners MC, #3)
  • Jesse  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #3)
  • Always Consumed (Consumed, #3.5)
  • Devour
  • Daniel (Kings of Korruption MC #2.5)
  • Perfectly Flawed (Sexy & Dangerous #3)
  • I Don't Dance (Freebirds, #6)
  • Freaky By Nature (SEALS, Inc., #3)
  • The Single Daddy Club Boxed Set
  • Time and Time Again (Maybe, #2.5)
  • Illegal Fortunes
  • Archer (Hard Body, #1)
  • Naughty, Dirty, Cocky (Steamy Coffee Collection, #1-3)
  • Marking Him #2 (Marked Series)
  • Refrain (Soul, #3)
  • Deadly Target (IAD Agency #3)
  • Caught Breaking the Law (Caught, #5)
  • Reckless Honor (Hornet, #5)
Megan O'Brien is the best selling author of The Ride Series and the Talon Security Series. She has a passion for a good love story and most enjoys writing stories with an alpha male and strong female characters.
Megan was born and raised in Marin County, California where she still resides with her amazing husband and two lovely sons.

When she's not enjoying family time or burying her nose in her kin

Talon Security (3 books)
  • Claim (Talon Security Book 2)
  • Collide (Talon Security Series Book 3)