Start by marking “At First Sight (Love Stories For Young Adults, #32)” as Want to Read:
At First Sight (Love Stories For Young Adults, #32)

At First Sight (Love Stories For Young Adults #32)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  268 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Allie Parker is dreading Christmas vacation in Thornhill. She'd rather stay at her boarding school than go home, where she'll have to watch her flaky twin sisters and their superficial friends earn their Ph.D.'s in flirting. So when Allie meets cute Ben Harrington on the way there, things begin to look up.

But Allie's hopes for a winter romance vanish when she discovers tha

Mass Market Paperback, 208 pages
Published October 13th 1998 by Bantam Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about At First Sight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At First Sight

Katie
Sep 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Oh my gosh! This was my favorite book when I was in junior high!! I admit... I still read it like once a year for old times sake :)
Chachic
December 2014: I really enjoy rereading this during Christmastime.
_____________________

Originally posted here.

I love rereading this book during the holidays because it's a fun read and it's set at Christmastime. Allie has spent most of her school years at Fields School, a boarding school exclusively for girls in Maryland. Her parents travel all over the world for her dad's job so the kids were sent to boarding school for some stability. Once Allie's parents decided to settle in one place for goo
Hurricanekerrie
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you're ever going to read just ONE teen romance in your lifetime, read this book! I've read this book over and over and over for about 10 years now and it doesn't matter whether you're a teenager or a teen at heart, you're going to fall in love with the characters in this story! I love Allie, Timmy and Ben! For a short book, I felt like the characters were fully fleshed out. There are no throwaway chapters, every single one counts in building the characters, conflicts and plot so you can get ...more
Mohamed Omran
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had way too much trouble while reading this book. First of all, I stopped several times in between and forgot about it because I was completely immersed in fanfiction. (I love fanfiction. :D) As a result, I had to pick it up again and try to remember where I was and exactly what was going on. The other thing is that the characters seem sort of two-dimensional, the plot is underdeveloped, and the writing is very very simple. I think once you've read one of the "Love Stories" books, you've read ...more
Eli
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: have
I basically read this in a few hours. I'm pretty sure I read it when I was younger too. I purchased this book last year at my first ever Books By the Pound location while on vacation to see my Aunt in Georgia. I didn't mind the story line and the characters were nice enough but I really wasn't feeling connected to the romantic relationships in this story. Also, it doesn't really start to get good till the very end and then it's over too quickly when other books in this series are WAY better.
Odette
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I could not love this book more. I read it once every year for over 5 years now. I love it so much. I really recommend it.
★Meghan★
This is one of my favorite books of all time! I think I have read this book at least 4 times.

Allie is a girl who has gone to boarding school her whole life. She is a girl that plays all the sports and is a typical tomboy type. She has two gorgeous twin sisters that know all the ploys to get all the guys. On her way back to her parents for the Christmas holidays she bumps into a hot guy who just so happens to be going to see his father in the same town that her parents recently moved too.

I love
Myra Sullivan
Nov 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
Mai Lien Nguyen
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teenager
Giang sinh hoăc Giao thưa năm nao cung năm đoc lai cuôn nay.
Truyên rât thich hơp vơi cac em tuôi "teen", thê ma lân nao đoc lai du đa không con teen ma minh vân thich :D
Trong bô Love stories gôm 6 cuôn đa xuât ban mơi đoc đươc 5 cuôn thi cuôn nay vân la thich nhât :D

Vanessa Torres
“At First Sight” is about a girl name Allie Parker who is looking to find herself. Allie wishes she can be as gorgeous as her twin sisters. Until, she meets a guy name Ben. Ben doesn’t know who her sisters are but once he finds out, nothing changes. I recommend this book to people who like to read romance. I really enjoyed this book.
Devon
Sep 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a great book. Most people would classify this as a romance, but i don't agree. It's the classic teen story, the one where two people are insanely in love with the other, but neither thinks the other loves them back. Kind of pathetic, i think. But it was an overall good book.
Elle
Sep 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen
I read this book when I was maybe 12. LOVED IT! I actually own it - the only book of it's kind that I owned for a long time ... and I would hide it so my brothers wouldn't find it. If that is not the DEFINITION of a guilty pleasure, I don't know what is.
Amanda
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I can't tell you how many times I've read it. It's short and sweet. It's a classic love story. I love all of the books in this series! Read it!
Dallas Sullivan
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 12-15 year old
I just loved this book when I was young. It is a great romance, well written, awesome characters. Cheesy in such a good way!
LeighAnne
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really good book! I love to read it at least once a year!
Krissy
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
okay - i might read again

I recently re-read this book. I loved it when I was in high school, but the appeal has faded for me. It's a little cheezy and the teens are a litttle silly.
Natasha
Dec 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Another favorite cheesy teen romance.
I was a bit annoyed by how soap opera the drama felt but it was a lovely read either way.
Perfect way to end a hard day.
Lauren
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I always liked this one because the lead was a runner. Great teen read.
Bookfetish
I LOVED IT!!!
Shawna
Jan 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book you should read it.
Zahra Habib
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it
My personal favorite... i dont know why... its so amazingly sweet
Nirmitee Mehta
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This has been a favorite for years and always worth a reread at Christmas time
Lana
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lana
One of the best teen romance ever. You guys have to read. You won't regret it.
usui takumi
Olivia
Oct 19, 2012
Crystal
Mar 19, 2015
  • Kiss and Tell (Love Stories For Young Adults, #29)
  • Our Secret Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #26)
  • How to Kiss a Guy (Love Stories For Young Adults, #3)
  • Who Do You Love? (Love Stories For Young Adults, #13)
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • More Than a Friend (Love Stories For Young Adults, #7)
  • Falling for Ryan (Love Stories For Young Adults, #30)
  • Rome: Antonio & Carrie (Love Stories For Young Adults, #50)
  • A Kiss Between Friends (Love Stories For Young Adults, #22)
  • It Had to Be You (Love Stories For Young Adults, #10)
  • Love Changes Everything (Love Stories For Young Adults, #6)
  • Sharing Sam
  • My First Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #1)
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters #1-2)
  • Never Tell Ben (Love Stories For Young Adults, #15)
  • The Day I Met Him
Elizabeth Chandler is a pseudonym for Mary-Claire Helldorfer. She currently lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
More about Elizabeth Chandler...

Love Stories For Young Adults (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • My First Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #1)
  • Sharing Sam
  • How to Kiss a Guy (Love Stories For Young Adults, #3)
  • The Boy Next Door (Love Stories For Young Adults, #4)
  • The Day I Met Him
  • Love Changes Everything (Love Stories For Young Adults, #6)
  • More Than a Friend (Love Stories For Young Adults, #7)
  • The Language of Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #8)
  • My So-Called Boyfriend (Love Stories For Young Adults, #9)
  • It Had to Be You (Love Stories For Young Adults, #10)

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • Bad Boy
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99