Start by marking “Cloak of Echoes (Netherwalker, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Cloak of Echoes (Netherwalker, #1.5)

Cloak of Echoes

(Netherwalker #1.5)

Monsters haunt her dreams, but humans are her worst nightmare...

Just as Emma Kincaid came into some disturbing empathic powers, she lost her mother in a car crash. She is also pretty certain she's being followed, maybe even hunted. But, is it the shadowy creatures that haunt her nightmares or the mysterious guy, shrouded in darkness, who just enrolled at Jefferson High?
Published March 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Cloak of Echoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cloak of Echoes

Start your review of Cloak of Echoes (Netherwalker, #1.5)
Dianne
She’s just seventeen and she fears she may be losing her mind, because isn’t that what happens when you hear voices in your head? Emma also thinks she has a stalker, but that is just plain crazy, too, right? …Still…she feels it in her core, someone is coming and they are coming for her.

When the hot new guy is enrolled at Jefferson High, he seems pulled to Emma and she finds Mattox is an unusual calm in the sea of mental chaos that surrounds her. Even as she tries her best to be prickly, he isn’t
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Another great addition

A short little peek into the Netherwalker World. I would've loved more depth and explanation but overall it was good. The way the author wrote the feelings and darkness of the shadows really painted a realistic picture I felt like I was there goosebumps and all. I look forward to reading more of this world.
Coco.V
Mar 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/17/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Monsters haunt her dreams, but humans are her worst nightmare...

Teri
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Emma thinks she is loosing her mind. When she meets the too hot for words Mattox her world flips the script on her and she now understands what she is and what is happening to her. A great story and conclusion of the series as the excitement and intrigue continue. I love the way this author introduces people into the story, bringing in old friends to tie the stories together.
Kaylin Beach
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The shadows may be real, but we still have time."

C.K. Dawn takes us into a world where Camelot descendants are alive, netherwalkers are real, and danger lurks!

What would you do if your mom left you a letter that you could only open once you turned 17? Emma, the main character, has been seeing shadow creatures, hearing voices, and having bad dreams. could this all me connected? who was her mom and what happened to her?

"Come to us Emma, you are one of us, the king's words bounced around in her sk
Rosie
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story definitely pulled at my heart strings, with every emotion felt within these pages. C.K. Dawn has mastered the art of presenting a short story filled with mystery, sorrow, intrigue, love and laughter, as well as an underlying evil presence which needs to be solved. ‘Cloak of Echoes’ created more and more questions about Mattox with every single page, keeping me engrossed and wanting to read more. The main characters are quite likeable and the depth and background of both kept my curios ...more
Karen
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

This book was a twist of old world and the present. Enjoyed how CK Dawn goes into details but doesn't over due the description. Can't wait to read the next book.
Michelle
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sigh. I loved Mattox.

Anway, disclosure, this was the first book by CK Dawn I've ever read. So I didn't already know the world. I didn't recognize any of the other characters brought in. To me, it was simply about Emma and Mattox. I still loved it.

Emma is still grieving over the loss of her mother as she's dealing with other people's emotions weighing her down and also someone or something following her. If that were me, I'd go a little crazy. It's understandable why she's guarded around Mattox
P
Jun 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
I guess this is not a book for you if you aren't already super into the series or maybe its just me but why does it feel like every other single YA fantasy story: Mysterious boy on whom my powers don't have an effect on/ mysterious boy with Greek kind of beautiful looks with strange powers and this insta-connection, seriously what's with that? This was less than 100 pages but still the new transfer student classroom scene already got my eyes rolling all the way that even an immersive land of Fey ...more
Elane Duncan
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another new layer added

This books falls right in there with her others about the Netherworld. A new set of characters gently merge into the storyline without a hitch. I love CK Dawn's writing talents and skills. She paints wonderful pictures as you red so yoh are there in the story!! Easy to read!
Fiona Andrew
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was totally caught up in the story from page one, the pages were turning as fast as I could read them. This author has caught my imagination, being a King Arthur fan since I started to read, its great to have a new way to present the legend. Thank you very much.
Amy Lynn
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of magic with a little romance thrown in.
Ami
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, series
I loved it!
Pat Raab
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
What an awful situation to be in, with the emotions of everyone around you filling your head and driving you crazy! Lucky for Emma, ther is someone who can help.
I enjoyed the book, but feel it could have been expanded and given a lot more meat.
Ashley
Rebecca Davison
Dec 28, 2016
Ellie Mitchell
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Cloak of Echoes, the second book of a daring fantasy series, follows seventeen year old Emma Kincaid as she deals with the mysterious empathic abilities that have so far shaped her life.Emma's character comes across as quirky and shy, though she possesses a natural talent for humour and is stronger than she gives herself credit for.

The story progresses quickly, with an effortless friendship forming between Emma and brooding new student, Mattox. Themes of loss and difference are key to the tale a

• Silver Bullet  (Preternatural Affairs, #2)
  • The Dragon Songs Saga: The Complete Quartet: Songs of Insurrection, Orchestra of Treacheries, Dances of Deception, and Symphony of Fates
  • Saven Deception (Saven, #1)
  • Flames of Fear (The Lost Fae, #2)
  • Flames of Truth (The Lost Fae, #1)
  • The Immortal Chronicles: The Entire Collection
  • Saven Denial (Saven #3)
  • Final Life (The Final Life, #1)
  • The Dragon Kings: Box Set (Dragon Kings, #1-5)
  • The Ravenglass Chronicles (The Ravenglass Chronicles #1-5)
  • The Moonburner Cycle: The Complete Series (The Moonburner Cycle #0.5-3)
  • Heir of Ra (Blood of Ra #1)
  • Hotter Than Helltown (Preternatural Affairs, #3)
  • Starbright: The Complete Series
  • Burning
  • As the Crow Flies (The Unsylum, #2)
  • Up With The Crows (The Unsylum, #1)
  • Stone the Crows (The Unsylum, #3)
Have you ever watched a cat stare at a wall, tracking something’s movements-- something invisible that sent shivers down your spine? Did it seem as if they were able to sense dark shadows lurking where the veil between worlds and reality thins? That’s precisely where the idea for the Netherwalker Series came from for CK Dawn!

USA Today bestselling author, coffee loving gamer girl, and Sci-fi enthus

Netherwalker (3 books)
  • A Neophyte's Tale (Netherwalker, #0.5)
  • Cloak of Shadows (Netherwalker #1)

News & Interviews