Start by marking “The Human Factor (Omega Force, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Human Factor (Omega Force, #8)

The Human Factor

(Omega Force #8)

Captain Jason Burke is a man apart, and not just because he's the only of his kind for thousands of lightyears in any direction. The changes to his body and to his genetic code have made him faster, stronger, more able to survive in his dangerous occupation ... but they've also ensured that he'll never truly fit in with others of his species. He always assumed he would liv ...more
Published March 29th 2016

Jim
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another very good book in an overall great series. We’re back again with Captain Jason Burke, commanding the Phoenix gunship and the Omega Force. Well, he does command the Phoenix, but not so much the Omega Force. Yeah, they all do what he tells them, but they are a little disrespectful while doing it and do complain a lot. Jason, for his part, lets them get away with it, but I don’t really know what he can do about it. Especially that the team has just gotten back together. This book does show ...more
Ian O'Neill
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very welcome change of Storyline

A shakeup for the Phoenix crew.
Different pov's for a different views of Jason.
Easily the best of the new story arc., continuing on from book 7.
Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl
9/10: Fantastic, left me wanting more.

“You don’t know this man, Chancellor,” Kellea said. “It’s like he’s distilled and concentrated chaos. If something can go wrong it will go wrong if he’s involved.”

This is getting so good now. I am completely invested in the story, the world, and the characters.

I love Crusher and Kage.

“Right is right,” Kage replied loftily. “The truth doesn’t care if we’re in the middle of a battle.” “I think I may kill you once this is over,” Crusher said to Kage conversatio
Michael
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Before you start this book, please realize it is the eighth title in the series: you will need to read the previous books in the series in order to understand the back story and the characters.

Without having a spoiler, if you enjoyed the previous books in the series you should like this one, also; this time the tale goes back to Earth and situations with humans. I read this in connection with my Kindle Unlimited subscription vs. the normal price of $3.99, and I believe I received more than $3.99
Craig Dean
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
With the human factor, humanity is thrust on to the galactic stage. Dalzelle, like his protagonist, has a very pessimistic view of our species - certainly in the collective - and that shines through. Nonetheless, their is redemption and individual examples of morality; none of which leaves you feeling we’re deserving of much more than a quick and painless extinction.

It was a good plot, but the darkness diminishes one of the few strengths of the series - it’s hard to rate this as a ‘pleasant dist
David P. Duffy
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Yet Another In The Series - Simplistic and Just OK

“Omega Force: The Human Factor (OF8),” is another in the lightweight, simplistic series, that does entertain in a lowbrow way.

Don’t get this reader wrong, as the books, including this one, are entertaining. It is that the entertainment value is very middle of the road - no great highs, no great lows. There are a few chuckles, some action, and a pedestrian story line. Over and over again.

“Omega Force: The Human Factor (OF8),” is recommended and wa
Deanna
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Major changes

Love, love, love this series. I think this is the best volume yet, although it still needs those before it. This volume contained many changes and new elements and characters to help fill many more volumes for a very long time. I can see so many new directions for stories. I hope they will be written. As long as they are, I will keep buying them. Please, Joshua Dalzelle, space opera (I hope that term is suitable to you) author extraordinaire, keep them coming.
Jim Kratzok
Another good one.

Book 8 in the series and it's still a pleasure to read of Captain Jason Burke and the crew of the Phoenix. This book was a bit different in that Earth is back in the picture and is in trouble but no one on Earth knows it. Suffice it to say, Jason and crew manage to greatly improve the situation by the end of the book. There is also a cliffhanger that's a real doozie! I can't wait to see how that turns out.
Bill Barnes
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good in a different way.

Bringing earth into the galaxy was a good move. Having read three if the "other" series I was wondering how. One editing error but it wasn't commas😁 it was using though instead of thought. Were there any commas?😁. Anyway excellently done.
Charles
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dallying with all those wen starting to catch up

Women trouble causing Jason to consider retirement. But event on earth make it difficult. I can’t figured out the need for a certain item picked up from Area 51.
Thomas James
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Roller-Coaster Ride

Buckle up because here we go - ready or not! Our ride won't lack for twists, turns, thrills, chills, ups and downs. Where it ends nobody knows.
Robert Konka
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Different

A little subdued by Jason Burke standards but enough action and a good story line to keep it interesting and thoughtful.
Jason
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After the events of ‘Redemption’ the crew has pulled back together, and Omega Force is back to ‘help’ the Galaxy.
This time though, they will be running from their home base on S’Tora.
There is a bit of fun start to this book, that I will not spoil, but needless to say, it is very well done, and Dalzelle obviously had a lot of fun writing it. It shows just how clever he is with his character skills, his humour and his descriptions of fight scenes.
The main core of this story revolves around the Hu
Ryan Ohashi
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Strange homecoming...The feeling

Finally! A good reason for Jason to come home...in true defense of his home planet (not the revenge). I really liked this book as it had new players. And the reality that not everyone is out there who is looking "in your best interest." This book shows the Capitan's honest caring of his crew. Yes they get on each other's nerves and bicker but when the sh*t his the fan and there is no way out, the self sacrifice to protect, especially his team that is his real fami
Lucas Ellison
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Not sure why but this book didn't work as well for me. Maybe because all the new characters it felt less like the usual Omega Force story. Felt like a book trying to lay groundwork for future stories perhaps and as a result it's story suffered. It just didn't have the action of the previous stories, I never came to like any of the new characters, and there wasn't any comic relief at all. I recall many times in previous books causing me to laugh out loud.

Still looking forward to another Omega Fo
Mahari
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved the new direction

I'm mad at myself for finishing this in one day, but this new entry into the series was hard to put down. I absolutely love this series and cannot wait for future entries. Loved the new characters and the emergence of humanity into the galactic geopolitical world and am quite interested to read on how they handle themselves. Please keep writing on Omega Force Mr Dalzelle, it certainly is a much needed escape that I enjoy fully.
Kalin Wilson
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Keep them coming!

The eighth book in the Omega Force series was as good as any of the others! A fast, fun, exciting read -firmly what I expect from Joshua by now. I'm so glad I discovered his books for myself years ago. I look forward to each new book and end up finishing it to quickly. Where's the next one?
Trevor
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book eight and Omega Force return as good as ever. The story line is slightly different in that it looks at the story from others point of view, not just Jason and the Omega team. With earth in danger Jason races to help, while avoiding a kill squad from earth!! The interaction between the crew is what makes these books good and that continues.
Anni Dickson
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly entertaining read.

These books are about friendship, family and loyalty. Qualities that are sometimes hard to find in the real world. The characters are all interesting and funny and the action is pretty much non-stop. I've just started reading number 9 and am hoping that there will be more.
D.J. Morand
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Joshua Dalzelle does it again. I thoroughly enjoyed Omega Force 8: The Human Factor. The difference of POV brought a fresh element that really makes the entire series feel more coherent and fantastic! I loved the emergence of Earth as a power and look forward to more OMF in the future. Keep on writing Josh, you're a winner.
Phil Bunce
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was saving this book..

Ok.. so I finally gave in and read it. Great book, fantastic series. The plot did move faster than previous novels. The humour was good and and I like the others I found it hard to put down. I won't say too much as you are likely to read this before the book.... Just do it. Phil
Kj
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What great fun it is to read the Omega Force Series

Total joy ride, great tech, fun characters with lots of snarky comments to keep you laughing. Best of all is how Jason is always driven to do the right thing, no matter what.
Joseph
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I Love Omega Force!

JD's Omega Force novels are great fun. These novels are more centered on character and plot than the more technical and philosophical aspects common to the genre ( think Steven Spielberg in the eighties). Great reads that I can't put down. Enjoy
Adrian Eck
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Josh thoroughly outdid himself!

I have read all of the Omegaforce books. This was such a joy to read , I really couldn't put it down . I strongly suggest you add this to your reading list.
Jean Bridge
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book

A Fun read. I missed Lucky, Crusher, Doc, Twingo, and of course Jason while I waited for this book to come out. I'm looking forward to the next installment...until then...I'll miss you guys!!
Lars Klander
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent addition to a great space opera.

I have been lucky enough to have been with jason (and Joshua) since the beginning and I love watching the author get better and better at his craft.

Complex interwoven stories and a no win situation -- well-played, sir.
sheila nielander
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omega force;the human factor(OF8)

This is my first time to read a omega force book.I love it. Can't wait for the story to get hear. Mr.Danielle is fine story teller. This is a must read book. Great job, sir.
Melanie Vitovsky
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We love this series. Perfectly flawed characters.

Lots of action, sci-if, and fun. It doesn't get much better and I'm usually a girl that prefers a strong female lead. Joshua Dalzelle does a great job with these books.
Reuben S. Mezrich
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful - More of the same

Just as exciting, suspenseful and thrilling as the books that came before. The only flaw is that I couldn't stop reading and the book ended too fast. Can't wait for the next one
RHONDA Huss
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entertaining as usual!

Always enjoy OMEGA FORCE series. This particular book was a bit more serious than the ones before. Looking for OF 9. Hope it will not be the last.
  • The End of Liberty (War Eternal, #2)
  • De Oppresso Liber (Hayden War Cycle, #6)
  • Dreadnought (Lost Colonies Trilogy, #2)
  • The Legend of ZERO: The Scientist, the Rat, and the Assassin
  • Exodus: Empires at War #2 (Exodus: Empires at War #2)
  • Sol (Silver Ships, #5)
  • Unchained: a science fiction romance adventure
  • Eternal Frontier (Eternal Frontier, #1)
  • The Awakening (Sapient Salvation #2)
  • Command Decisions (Empire of Bones Saga, #3)

Omega Force (10 books)
  • Omega Rising (Omega Force, #1)
  • Soldiers of Fortune (Omega Force, #2)
  • Savage Homecoming (Omega Force, #3)
  • The Enemy Within (Omega Force, #4)
  • Return of the Archon (Omega Force, #5)
  • Secret of the Phoenix (Omega Force, #6)
  • Redemption (Omega Force, #7)
  • Revolution (Omega Force, #9)
  • Legends Never Die (Omega Force #10)