Start by marking “Faithful Addiction (Safeguard #2)” as Want to Read:
Faithful Addiction (Safeguard #2)

Faithful Addiction

(Safeguard #2)

Former Marine Royce Haverton had needed a break from the bloodshed he’d witnessed time and again during his last combat tour. He’d fulfilled his contract to the Corps and it was now time to move on. Little did he know the job he’d just accepted would lead him down the same violent path as before.

Cailyn Geneva had spent the last three months recovering from a brutal hit an
Published November 15th 2016 by Everafter Romance

To ask other readers questions about Faithful Addiction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faithful Addiction

Start your review of Faithful Addiction (Safeguard #2)
Victoria
3.25- 3.50 RATING- I liked the story and the writing but sadly no real heat or steam or sexy bits at all.
Kat Wes
Great book!

This was a great suspense filled second chance romance. When you think you have it figured out that person's innocence is proven. It kept me guessing all the way through.
Cindy
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Calvert who is a retired U.S. Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant assembled a team of highly skilled operators to take on contracts he personally chose. Safeguard Security & Investigations has just been asked to assist on a case that is mirroring a serial killer that was already put to death by lethal injection. The current victim that is being targeted has a history with SSI agent Royce Haverton and he is none to happy to be assigned to her protection detail.

All the team from Safeguard Security & In
Ellen White
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cailyn has been a victim of hit run accidents, to the point they know it is no accident. She is an investigator reporter writing apiece about the sister of a serial killer. Her brother brings in added security, which was a man of whom she had a past with. The damage that was done by an uncle hurt so many lives.back then. He was there to protect her, the person is determined to kill her, and is invading her space even at home. Can there be more for them, and keeping them all safe. Good mystery
Jacqueline
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kathryn
Another good book by Kennedy Layne. She's continuing the series with another thriller/mystery/second chance love story. I love this type of series and this one hit all the right buttons for me.
Marilyn
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This book is one where a security company takes a case where the person who is the victim is close
Catgirl
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was a well written book, but the romance took a backseat to the action which I found disappointing.
Kim
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Well this was one of those second chance stories that just didn’t work for me….I really disliked Cailyn and never connected with her, at all. I never really felt like she deserved another chance with Royce, not that Royce was overwhelming for me either. I don’t know I just didn’t feel anything for these two as a couple. Granted these are heavier on the suspense than romance but I have to be able to root for the people and I just didn’t get that with these two.

Of course the story, plot, and writ
Poppy
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kennedy-layne

Book two in Towne's world and wasn't left disappointed.

Royce is up and like book one, it's a second chance story, but this one has deep rooted problems.

Cailtyn and Royce were college sweethearts and meet again when Towne's takes on a contract to protect Cailyn from attempts on her life.

Loved it, chemistry was there, well written as always from Kennedy. Suspense and drama and LOVED Royce's mum!!!

Looking forward to book three.
Mags
This was a good story, although for me it did take a while to get going and I never really felt a connection with the two main characters Royce and Cailyn but the suspense element of the story worked and did draw me in. The last few chapters especially, and the SSI team as a whole are extremely likable and I'm certainly intrigued to read more from this series. I would also recommend it to others.
Toi
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Can you go back years and rekindle a love you thought you lost - Royce is assigned to protect Cailyn when they find out that neither one has stopped loving the other - lots of twist and turns in this one and a shocking suspect
Natasha
I enjoyed the romance between Cailyn and Royce. It was sweet and it was real. I'm always a sucker for reunited lover stories! But the writing was too overdone for my personal tastes, making it truly difficult for me to stay engaged in the book.
Trish-Sunshine Reads
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This new series is pretty intense. So far two books in and I'm hooked. There was some twist and turns. Old hurts and misunderstandings rear their ugly heads. But being old and wiser helps you see everything differently. The mystery was awesome and I did not see that coming.
Michele bookloverforever
estranged lover endangered....who tried to kill her twice and why? old lover called in as bodyguard and investigator....
Joanne
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Yet another great story from Ms Layne. Loving the SSI guys. Each book lets you into their personalities more and more. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Kris
Apr 25, 2018
M Hennon
Nov 21, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Finding Her Chance (Stealth Ops, #4)
  • Chasing the Knight (Stealth Ops: Echo Team #1)
  • At Close Range (Ranger Ops, #1)
  • Defending Zara (Mountain Mercenaries, #6)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Tuff Enough (Blackhawk Security, #1)
  • Ryker (Must Love Danger Book 2)
  • In Moonlight and Memories: Volume One (In Moonlight and Memories, #1)
  • Dirty Deeds (Get Dirty, #3)
  • Dirty Secrets (Get Dirty #4)
  • Accidental Protector
  • Finding the Fight (Stealth Ops, #3)
  • The Cowboy Takes A Bride (Wyoming Matchmaker, #1)
  • Accidental Shield (Marriage Mistake, #6)
  • Declan (Undercover Billionaire Book 4)
  • Accidental Hero
  • Fatal Accusation (Fatal, #15)
  • In Moonlight and Memories: Volume Two (In Moonlight and Memories, #2)
Kennedy Layne is a USA Today bestselling author. She draws inspiration for her military romantic suspense novels in part from her not-so-secret second life as a wife of a retired Marine Master Sergeant. He doubles as her critique partner, beta reader, and military consultant. They live in the Midwest with their teenage son and menagerie of pets. The loyal dogs and mischievous cats appreciate her w ...more

Safeguard (6 books)
  • Brutal Obsession (Safeguard, #1)
  • Distant Illusions (Safeguard, #3)
  • Casual Impressions (Safeguard, #4)
  • Honest Intentions (Safeguard, #5)
  • Deadly Premonitions (Safeguard, #6)

News & Interviews