Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 5: Arena of Fear” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 5: Arena of Fear

Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 5: Arena of Fear

(Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor #5)

DON'T MISS THE STUNNING FIFTH COLLECTION OF THE TENTH DOCTOR'S ALL-NEW YEAR TWO COMICS ADVENTURES!
The Doctor and his friends, Captain Jack included, must battle for their lives in the sinister Arena of Fear! Then the Doctor, Gabby and Cindy head to a charming English village famous for its supernatural tales... but are they more than just stories? Meanwhile, the faithful
Published September 27th 2016 by Titan Comics (first published August 31st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Cyndi
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book sets us down in the middle of the excitement. Plus we get some of Jack Harkness. So, win, win! 😊
Rick
This was a little uneven, but otherwise a very enjoyable read. Had the first story arc, Arena of Fear, been developed further, it might have held up to an even better rating. It was great to see Captain Jack in the comic (and it only leaves me salivating for the upcoming Torchwood comic), I could certainly have stood to have more of him in the comic. I found the second story arc, The Wishing Well Witch, the weakest but it was still enjoyable. The last one, The Infinite Corridor, felt more like a ...more
Adam Graham
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This book collects Issues 6-10 of Year 2 of the Tenth Doctor.

Issues 6 and 7 is the titular Arena of Fear story with our characters all separated and without their memories, divided into two groups and some even are being used by the villains who took away everyone's memory. The story is okay, but it doesn't really going anywhere interesting, particularly with the build up in the last volume, you'd really expect something more epic. It felt like Jack Harkness was inserted to have a Captain Jack g
James Bowman
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, dr-who, comics
A quality set of Tenth Doctor stories, now with Cindy joining Gabby as a companion. I would actually rate it slightly higher, had the first story been a little longer and the rest not mainly been setup for better things later... but it's still good stuff! (B+)
Anni (Tea in the Treetops)
I loved the memory-loss aspect of the start of this, where no-one is quite sure who they are. The gradual build up was fantastic, but then things sort of petered out towards the end with only a teaser of what's coming. Still, an enjoyable read.
Sean Goh
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun but forgettable. Too many characters involved in the story for the reader to get involved with the characters.
Tbirdplanstoread
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
This was just ok. Wasn't a huge fan of the storyline or the renderings of my favorite doctor...
Jean
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: doctor-who
I wasn't a fan of the weird possessiveness and competition between Cindy and Gabby. It has been a while since I read the collection before, but I don't remember the jealously between them.
Dayna
Sep 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels, dnf
DNF at 50%.
boring and i do not like the tone and setting of this.
Implord Leon
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun writing, suspensefull and ideal to pass some time on the train or the plane.
Jacqueline O.
This is the third time I've tried to post a review of this graphic novel. First time I read the book, my Internet went out for a week and I couldn't review it. Second time, I got the entire review posted, only to have it completely disappear when I hit save. Rest assured, I will copy this review to Word before hitting send this time.
Titan Comics Arena of Fear features the Tenth Doctor as played by David Tennant on the BBC series, Doctor Who. This volume picks-up directly after the first volume,
Shaun Collins
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first two stories finish off the large arc started in the previous issue, to mixed results. The large gathering of characters seems unnecessary, (especially Captain Jack, who is shoe horned into the story for apparently no reason other than to potentially set up the Torchwood comic). It's still good, just not... great. The next two part arc is better, with a witch and a well, but of course being Doctor Who, there's WAY more two it than that.

*Note - While the art on these titles is usually pr
Lori
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This volume in the 10th Doctor's was pretty exciting and fun to read. It made me like Cindy Wu a little better but I dislike how her face is always angrily portrayed all the time. Give the girls some smiles. Lol. Really liked Captain Jack being back in the mix as well. Good story lines and fun monsters. Good stuff!!!
Alex Sarll
None of the adventures outside the TARDIS particularly moved me, but the explorations within it (in which, inevitably, Something's Not Right) were great stuff, exploring its scale and craziness in a manner seldom seen since the nineties. Maybe this team should do a wholly stay-at-home Who story next?
Debra Cook
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
The Doctor, Cindy and Gabby fight pysic forces.
Amanda
Oct 09, 2016
El
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Original monthly comics read (UK 'Tales from the TARDIS').
Beth
Sep 10, 2017
Shadowsword
rated it did not like it
Apr 14, 2018
Dec 22, 2017
Emily
Nov 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Doctor Who Comic ...: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Volume 5 - Arena of Fear 1 1 Aug 26, 2017 05:16AM
Nick Abadzis was born in Sweden to Greek and English parents and was brought up in Switzerland and England. He is a writer and artist who likes comics (which means these days he seems to be known as a “graphic novelist”). His work for both adults and children has been published in many countries across the world.

He also works as an editorial consultant and has helped set up several best-selling an

Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 1: Revolutions of Terror