Start by marking “Meet Me At Beachcomber Bay” as Want to Read:
Meet Me At Beachcomber Bay

Meet Me At Beachcomber Bay

Clemency isn't looking for love when she meets Sam, and he doesn't make a brilliant first impression when she sits next to him on a plane. Yet by the end of the flight a real connection has been made. Clemency senses this could be something special... until she discovers that Sam has deliberately thrown her contact details in a bin. Oh well, his loss. (But also...why???)

So

Published January 12th 2017 by Review (first published January 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Meet Me At Beachcomber Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Me At Beachcomber Bay

Whispering Stories
Meet me at beachcomber bay was your stereotypical chick lit – upbeat, light hearted, and a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.

You’re instantly rooting for the likeable and highly relatable protagonist Clemency, but for me it is the other relationships and character developments in the book that really set the bar high with this novel. Whereas other chick lit novels will focus solely on one character journey, possibly branching out into another one of two character plot lines, Jill Mansell has som
Holly
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
It's been way too long since I've read a Jill Mansell book! And I have no excuses for this. Loved everything about this book. Probably one of my favorites by Mansell. If you are a fan of Sophie Kinsella, then I highly recommend choosing a book by Jill. It will make you happy. Trust me 😉
Joy
This is a terrific book! I really enjoyed it and almost gave it 5 stars. I loved the characters, especially Clemency and Sam and I wish I could visit Beachcomber Bay!
Zoe
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating, warm, lighthearted and funny!

This is an engaging, romantic story that reminds us that sometimes things happen for a reason and happy ever afters really do exist.

The prose is polished and beautifully descriptive. The setting is charming and quaint. The characters are sweet, lovable and real. And the plot is a wonderful mix of humour, heart, emotion and courage.

This is, ultimately, a story about life, love, loss, heartbreak, family, acceptance, happiness and discovering one's true sel
Gill Brown
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book, I loved it. St.Carys would be the perfect place to live.
Shannon
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Dit boek was zo leuk! Ik heb er echt enorm van genoten, ook al irriteerde ik mij soms aan Belle, de personages waren onwijs leuk. Daarbij vond ik de setting ook echt super leuk en zomers. Echt zeker een aanrader, ook al is het niet per se een heel realistisch verhaal.
Andrea
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Hmmm. I'm awfully sorry to say this didn't live up to expectations. Enjoyable but predictable and a touch ho-hum.
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I tend to read so many crime books that reading this book was a total breath of fresh air.

Jill Mansell has yet again created a heart warming and feel good book with a great setting and even greater characters.

The story starts off with Clem meeting her perfect man when she is seated next to him on a plane. Fast forward three years and the perfect man walks back into her life but with another woman in toe.

I felt so sorry for Clem. She is such a fun and lovely person and she has never quite got ove
Best Crime Books & More
I have been reading Jill Mansell for as long as she has been writing and her books rarely fail to hit the mark. This latest offering certainly ticks the boxes, but for me wasn't quite as good as her last book. Clemency is a lovely character and the usual descriptive offerings of the seaside town St Cary's make you want to visit. I especially liked her colleague and friend Ronan. Clemency's sister Belle also makes an appearance with her new boyfriend Sam in tow. The story is set around the town a ...more
Donna Irwin
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this latest novel from Jill Mansell, especially after going to see her at a book event in November and hearing about this book and her writing process. The usual mix of great characters, good plot, wit, misunderstandings and will they won't they romances - plus a few surprises along the way. This one also has a Cornish setting. You just know Jill will never let you down!
Rea Cobb
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow closer to publication
Sharon
Love Jill Mansell books so was excited to see that she had a new book on the horizons. Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay is set in St Carys in Cornwall. The title of the book sounds lovely, the setting is lovely, the story is lovely. What is there not to like about this book.

The story begins with Clemency meeting the man of her dreams on a flight she is on. Even though they get on very well, unfortunately Sam is married and when Clemency gives him her business card, he puts it in the bin. Fast forward
Maria
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Every spring, I look forward to Jill’s latest book as each one is a guaranteed light and fun read. Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay was no exception in that regard: It’s got the usual small town setting, the beach, the intertwining stories of a handful of town residents… The heroine, Clemency, is fun and relatable, in a bubbly-extrovert-hardly-wears-any-makeup-but-still-looks-cute sort of way. However, especially compared to Three Amazing Things About You (which was heartbreaking and beautiful), this ...more
Pauline Jansen
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wat een heerlijk boek met een prachtige cover. Ik heb genoten van elke bladzijde! De karakters in dit boek zijn apart van elkaar zo leuk, maar wanneer ze samen komen in het verhaal is het gelijk alsof je in een warme familie terecht komt als lezer zijnde.
Van begin tot einde bleef dit verhaal mij boeien. Absoluut een aanrader. Jill Mansell doet het gewoon weer! 😍
Veronique
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wat een heerlijk boek. Heb er echt van genoten
Ciska Bokhorst
2 1/2*. Vond deze toch iets te oppervlakkig en van de hak op de tak.
Marina
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I remember why I so enjoyed Jill Mansels books... :)
Agi
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, 2017-releases

It's January, so it's time for a new Jill Mansell's book! I can't imagine January without her new release, to be honest, I really hope the books will keep coming like this for ever and ever! I still can remember that "An Offer You Can't Refuse" was my first book by Jill Mansell and it made me fell in love with this author, and I still can remember the joys of discovering her long backlist of titles and excitedly working through them. "Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay" reminded me so much of "An Offer.
Rachel Gilbey
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Three different main characters, all of them just wanting to meet their true love. In at least two of their situations they may have already met the person already, but circumstances are conspiring against them. When you then add in a fake relationship, a few huge life altering announcements from some of the characters, and a gorgeous beachside location, you know you have all the makings of a classic Jill Mansell book. Which is of course what Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay is.

Clemency and
Anna
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jill Mansell’s Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay takes readers back to St. Carys, the setting for The Unexpected Consequences of Love. It was nice to see mention of those characters here and there, but Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay introduces a whole new cast of entertaining characters. The book opens with Clemency rushing to catch a flight, and she is forced to sit with a man whom she believes to be incredibly rude. By the end of the trip, she and Sam hit it off, but then a surprise revelation puts a sto ...more
Angela Smith
Perfect beach reading or anytime really for that matter. If you are in the mood for a feel good novel with tangled relationships and happy endings then this is a good book for it.

This is the third Jill Mansell book I have read to date. I have many more on my tbr shelf. I do like the positivity of her stories. I read many genres of books, but we all need a little lightness from time to time.

The story starts off with Clemency on a flight to Malaga and finding herself seated next to a man who seems
Fayzaan Shaba
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Sometimes wonderful things did happen, out if the blue and for no apparent reason. And what else could you do but go along with it and just be grateful that the person you loved more than anyone else in the world loved you too?"

Okay let me start by saying that I really don't prefer Romantic flicks , I just can't read a book about falling in love and blah..blah...blah.. but but this book surely changed my mind, I just downloaded the sample of this book on my Kindle and the next thing I know tha
Yolanda
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wat een heerlijk boek weer!! Zoals altijd weer een paar leuke wendingen in het verhaal. Ik had er 2 geraden echt nèt voordat dit in het verhaal naar voren kwam. Ik blijf het leuk vinden aan de boeken van Jill Mansell om te puzzelen wie uiteindelijk een relatie krijgt met welke andere bijfiguur. De hoofdpersonen zijn altijd wel duidelijk meer de rest laat zich raden. Heerlijk! Hopelijk snel weer een nieuwe :)
Angie
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another great, feel-good read by Jill Mansell. I just adore her books and the happy, satisfied feeling I get when finish one. I literally don't want to stop reading once I start. This was no exception! I loved the characters and the love triangles. The story is quite clever and has many facets. If you are a fan of Jill Mansell, don't wait too long to pick this one up!

Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Full review nearer to publishing date.
Christie Barlow
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blooming LOVED it! Great holiday read
Leonie
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elamb
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Wat een heerlijk boek weer van Jill Mansell! En wat een verrassende verhaallijnen zitten er in.
Eline
Een aangenaam boek om tussendoor te lezen. Het verhaal bleef voor mij net iets te oppervlakkig. Met deze vlotte schrijfstijl had de auteur gerust nog wat meer diepgang in de personages en het verhaal mogen brengen.
Kelsey
This is adorable. ADORABLE. You know that feeling where you want to cry and laughs at the same time? That's this book. You won't be able to put this down!

If you love romantic, upbeat, romantic books, you will love this book. It will have you at turns laughing and crying (sometimes at the same time).

We first meet Clemency rushing to catch her plane and almost missing it (been there, done that!), and sitting next to Sam, who ignores her at first been then there's this connection between them th
Free Books, .99, ...: Giveaway - Jill Mansell Book Bundle 1 3 Mar 20, 2017 02:38PM
Jill Mansell lives with her partner and children in Bristol, and writes full time. Actually that’s not true; she watches TV, eats fruit gums, admires the rugby players training in the sports field behind her house, and spends hours on the internet marvelling at how many other writers have blogs. Only when she’s completely run out of displacement activities does she write.

Jill Mansell's books have
“Sometimes it only takes a split second for a state of absolute calm to turn to one of horror and panic” 1 likes
“Clemency marvelled, trying a purple eyeshadow shot with gold sparkly bits on the back of her hand” 0 likes