Start by marking “Double Scoop (With A Kick #8)” as Want to Read:
Double Scoop (With A Kick #8)

Double Scoop

(With A Kick #8)

A sudden disaster strikes everyone’s favourite ice cream shop, With A Kick. Not only does it threaten the livelihood of its owner, Patrick, but also his loyal assistant Lee. The last thing in the world Patrick would ever want to do is hurt Lee, either physically or emotionally. Why would he? He’s been falling in love with Lee since the day Lee invited himself into the shop ...more
ebook
Published April 7th 2016 by Jocular Press

To ask other readers questions about Double Scoop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Scoop

Start your review of Double Scoop (With A Kick #8)
Rachel Emily
I have really enjoyed all of these stories that take place in and around With a Kick, a charming ice cream shop in London run by Patrick and Lee.

Double Scoop is - Finally! - Lee and Patrick's story. Patrick owns With a Kick, although Lee has been with him since day one and is the true heart of the shop. Their world is shaken when some fault equipment causes a major accident, injuring Lee and putting the future of With a Kick in danger. These two have been dancing around each other since the
Ro
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Finally, finally, FINALLY!! The story of Patrick the oblivious and Lee the adorable! Finally! I am a fan of the With a Kick series but I have been waiting for these two. I was very worried, since these two have been present throughout the series, wanting and not doing anything about it. Would it be as good as I hoped they’d be? Thank ice cream, YES!
Patrick is the grumpy owner of With a Kick, our favorite ice cream shop that is for more than just kids. It is due to Lee’s suggestion that
Vinga
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Got this book as an ARC .
I really liked this book.
Great characters.

This is the first book in this series I have read so now I have to read all the others :)
Suze
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Patrick and Lee have been present in all the With a Kick book, serving yummy goodness to all - and now they get their chance, if only Patrick can get a positive thought in his head!!
Lots of misunderstandings between Patrick and Lee every time they get together after the explosion - irritating! Thank goodness for Bryan and the whole cast of characters for both putting With a Kick back together and it's owners.
Fast paced entertaining read 3.5*
Lorraine
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good end to the series

This is an excellent last book in the series and it is lovely not only to see Patrick and Lee get their own happy ending, but the way that everyone else who has had their own story also features. Friendship is do important, and when things go wrong, you really find out who is there for you. For Patrick and Lee, the answer is all those for whom their shop has been a haven. Excellent!
Michaele
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Little disappointing, but still enjoyable - especially with Joel Leslie's narration - he is amazing.

Since Lee and Patrick have been the backbone of the series (or at least their shop is), I was expecting more from their story. I was very sad we didn't get to see Lee's POV at all and he and Patrick didn't really seem to spend that much time together on the page. Their lack of communication was annoying and detracted from the story.
Lena Grey
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Sometimes things have to go wrong in order to go right.” ~ Denise Tinsley

Patrick, of 'Double Scoop' by Clare London, is terrified when his business partner and best friend, Lee, is injured in an explosion. Patrick becomes intensely aware of how much Lee means to him and how awful he would feel if he were to lose him. The accident lowers Patrick's walls of self-deprecation just long enough to give Lee an idea of just how precious he is to Patrick, but once he knows Lee is going to be all right,
Penumbra
Double Scoop is the eight book in the ‘With A Kick’ series. ‘With A Kick’ is the name of an ice cream shop in London that serves specialty alcoholic ice cream. The books in the series all have something to do with the shop in some way and the two men who run the shop, Patrick and Lee. The story is told in third person through Patrick’s eyes.

(view spoiler)
Lisa The Novel Approach
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Note: May contain some minor spoilers

YEA!!! Patrick and Lee, the guys behind the With a Kick shop, finally get their story. Double Scoop is the eighth book in this series written by Clare London and Sue Brown. While this is a series and is best read in order (if you want to know how the other couples got together and their relationships with Lee and Patrick), it is possible to enjoy this story on its own merits as a standalone. Just be aware that it’ll be a bit spoilery for some of the
Ramsi
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars from me!

Finally, after what felt like forever, Patrick's and Lee's story. The two men who stand behind the shop "With a Kick".
And what a story it was!
Disaster, extraordinary friends who stand together and go beyond all when one of their own needs help and finally, a love story. What more can you want?

I can't find the right words to tell you how much I loved to read about these two, to read their own story. I was waiting for this since I read the first book in the series.

I felt right
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Patrick breaks my heart. He’s lonely, and he has feelings for Lee he believes he shouldn’t act upon. He doesn’t think young, carefree, and sweet Lee would want a grumpy old man (although I don’t think he’s that old) like himself. I kind of wanted to grab him up and shake some sense into him. He wasn’t seeing what was right in front of his face.

Lee makes me smile. His outlook is so sunny, and he has boundless energy. He helps Patrick run the ice cream shop, coming
Mari  Cardenas
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

This book is part of a series, but it can be read as a standalone.

Patrick has been in love with Lee for a long time, but the age difference between them and the fact that Lee is his employee prevent him from making his feelings known. When tragedy strikes they come closer, but is Patrick ready to trust Lee and what they can have together?

I loved Lee, he was amazing. I wanted to slap Patrick a few times to make
Juli
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC for an honest and fair review

The latest entry in the With A Kick series finally gets to the owner of With A Kick Patrick and his ever faithful and adorable shop assistant Lee.

The two men are clearly into each other but neither can see the other's interest. Patrick thinks he's too old for Lee and Lee thinks that Patrick views him as a child (the fact that he calls him kid all the time reinforces this.)

An explosion at With A Kick forces them to reevaluate their relationship both
Lily
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
A very enjoyable read in the 'With A Kick' series. I've only read a few of the other stories so far, but it was enough to recognise the characters and the set up. It was great to see the owners of the ice cream parlour finally getting together, although I felt like bashing Lee and Patrick's heads together or yelling at them, "Just tell him how you feel!" A perfect example of communication not working. As a reader, I could feel the pull between the two men, and was willing them to sort things out ...more
Rachel
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'd been waiting for Lee and Patrick's story for what seems like forever and it was definitely worth the wait. The fact that these men are in love with each other has been pretty obvious to the patrons of With A Kick throughout the series, they just needed to realise it themselves! I loved catching up with everyone from the previous books, Phiz still makes me giggle and Nuri *sigh* well I just love him. Lee and Patrick's getting together wasn't easy, considering they communicated when working ...more
Ann
I've been waiting (not so patiently) for Patrick and Lee's story and Clare London did not disappoint. I wanted to throttle Patrick on more than one occasion, but his wariness made sense and made the story believable.

I would love to read more of the two of them now that they are official. A short story would be awesome and much appreciated. I love the affect Lee has on Patrick and Patrick's realization and acceptance of it is so charming.
Lillian Francis
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Finally these two get their heads out of their arses. With a little help from their friends. It's really cute.
Tam
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wanted to kick Patrick's ass so many times.
MALISSA
Dee Wy
Colette
Julie Geagan-Chevez
Apr 07, 2016
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while ...more

With A Kick (9 books)
  • A Twist and Two Balls (With a Kick, #1)
  • Hissed as a Newt (With A Kick, #2)
  • Slap and Tickle (With A Kick, #3)
  • Bells and Balls (With A Kick #4)
  • Pluck and Play (With A Kick #5)
  • Nice and Snow (With A Kick #6)
  • Smack Happy (With A Kick, #7)
  • Top and Tails (With A Kick #9)