Start by marking “Blue Tide” as Want to Read:
Blue Tide

Blue Tide

Seventeen-year-old refugee Lux plots her escape from the island where her family is stranded, denying that her home was lost in the Floods. Lux is determined to get her old life back by any means possible. But before her feet even leave the sand, she's taken hostage by a vengeance-driven pirate nearly as young as she is.

Her capture is the key to his freedom...

Captain Drave
Nook
Published January 9th 2017 by Clean Teen Publishing

Rebekah
FREAKING FANTASTIC!!! THERE HAS TO BE A BOOK 2!!!!!!! Full review to come...
rachel
Oct 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
For the love of all things holy, please stop romanticising abuse in books. I can’t.

I found it a tad peculiar that a - supposedly - diverse 2017 release had flown so under the radar but I understand now. Dear God. This book. Just no. If you thought we were finally starting to leave poorly written ya-fantasies-that-are-actually-romances in the past, you were wrong. This book took all the tropes we loathe and combined them. It promised us pirates and Middle Eastern culture and gave us love triangle
Scrill
Jul 24, 2017 marked it as dnf
Okay, I am pretty disappointed. I couldn't even get past page 33. I was looking forward to a book of swashbuckling and a seafarer but alas, the writing just wasn't for me. Aside from how juvenile the writing was our protagonist could hardly go a page without describing the antagonists eyes. I stopped on a page that his eyes were somehow mentioned 3 times on one page.

"He glared at me murderously."
"Lifting my chin, I met his ice gaze straight on."
"The captain held up the chain, his eyes wide with
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well crap this better be a series. If I knew it was my rating would probably be a 5 because with how it ended I need more! But I really loved this book. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. When I saw it had pirates I was expecting a historical or a fantasy but not a post-apocalyptic "Waterworld" type book. But I loved it anyways! Please let there be a book 2!
Fafa's Book Corner
DNF

Mini review:

I has heard about this book through Twitter and was interested in the synopsis. I read the sample before I bought it. It was enjoyable but I forgot about a few days later. I just lost interest.

Still recommend.
Tantalizing
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Speechless, absolutely speechless is what I was immediately following finishing Blue Tide. Jenna-Lynne Duncan is a magician when it comes to teleporting the reader to another time, to another world where action, adventure, fear and the unknown rule.

The characters were flawless, they are developed and grow so much throughout the story that you the reader get attached, you want their happiness, you want to see them triumph and you want them to love.

Blue Tide is action packed and keeps you on your
Sophie (Blame Chocolate)
I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. In one hand, it kept me glued to the pages for the best part of it, so I can't say it's a bad book at all. It was entertaining and made me forget about the time as I sped through it. But on the other hand, it had just so many issues?

Writing-wise, it was pretty average. I think the first half was certainly better than the second one (probably because it had so much dialogue), although it always irked me how the author chose the "tell" rather than "s
Emily Dunn
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read that pulls one into the story immediately. With romance that leaves you wanting more and a world that does not lack description, Duncan did an amazing job weaving this tale.
Rachel
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You won't be able to put this down, oh, and PIRATES!

Think about if The Dread Pirate Roberts met Buttercup on his ship instead of the farm...and go! This was a page-turner with action, tension, and questions I desperately need answered in the sequel.

Lux is captured and taken aboard a pirate ship, using her wit and heart to stay alive. Captain Draven is a mystery she must figure out before she is delivered to an old enemy. But when Lux must make the decision to double-cross Draven, a new villain e
MyWolfs_Booktaste
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-reads
Title: "Blue Tide" by Jenna-Lynne Duncan
Rating: 4.8/5 stars

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING! First book of 2017. Took two days to finish and that is because I had to stop and force myself to sleep. This book was addicting. It has everything I love to read in books. There is action,adventure, romance, tension, great characters and a feel of dystopian theme on it, I LOVED IT! I love the world the author created, she is a great writer and I got all the feels. You guys will swoon for a certain character!!
Linda Brendle
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blue Tide by Jenna-Lynne Duncan is the perfect choice for any reader who is looking for a romantic story full of action, adventure, and mystery. Duncan has created a world the reader will experience through each sense as the author paints sights, sounds, smells, and sensations with words instead of a brush. She has imagined characters that you will love or hate but you will not forget. This young adult fantasy is a fun read, even for an “older” murder mystery fan like me.
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Personally, I think I need for pirate books in my life. Plus, just look at that cover! It's lovely. And I hope this book will be too =)
Eileen (BookCatPin)
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I first read the synopsis of Blue Tide I knew I had to read this book. It had all my favourite elements. I couldn't have been more right. However, the volatility of the storyline had me wishing for just a bit more.

Blue Tide had a mysterious world, colourful characters and a sizzling romance I very thoroughly enjoyed. The writing and the prose were great as I devoured page after page. I gobbled up the story until the last third of the book surprised me. It was not at all what I expected. The
Rebecca Waddell
I absolutely loved this high seas adventure. I'm sad the boom ended because I miss the world and the story.
Claudia
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian
Think: Pirates of the Caribbean/Aladdin in a dystopian future.

I haven't read a book in a while and it's been even longer since I've felt the need to review anything BUT I feel I need to come out of my reading retirement rut for this special story. I've been wanting to read this book for years and its actually because this story is quite special to me. I actually got to read 3/4 of it in its early stages of being written, this could have easily been 5 (?) years ago and I'm super fond of Jenna-Lyn
Lea (drumsofautumn)
Another novel with an intriguing idea that tried to do too much in just a little over 300 pages.

I was intrigued by this novel mostly for the romance aspect and I have to say I was definitely not disappointed. Somewhere in the middle of this book I was so invested that I was sure I would be giving this book a solid 4 stars, even thought I wasn't so invested in the plot otherwise.
I think all of the characters in this story were great. The main character Lux is flawed and it was fun, although often
Kathryn Long
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pirates, adventure, romance, world-building ... this story delivers all.

The pirates: plenty of those, and through the author's eyes I found myself having a love-hate relationship with them--their flawed characters, lacking morals and willingness to kill rather than resort to kindness, made me cringe, but then there was a gentle more vulnerable side to some, which endeared me toward them.

The adventure: overwhelming at some points but many twists and turns to make this novel a true page-turner,
A.R. Hellbender
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I was sent this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review, and you can see that review on my Booktube channel soon.

Anyway, on to my thoughts:

I was really excited to read this book because of the Middle East aspect. The author has a Middle East Studies degree, so she obviously knows what she's talking about.
However, there isn't actually as much Middle East inspired stuff in the book as I was hoping there would be. Yes, the main characters are both Middle Eastern, and the
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at https://blackwords-whitepages1977.blo...

This book started off kind of slow for me, but it kept call my name to come back and read more and I couldn’t help but obey it. The more I read, the more I really started enjoying it.

The characters were amazing. Lux had so much happened to her that I felt as if I was feeling everything she is going through. She was such a strong and stubborn character, which made the story that much more addicting.

The story-line, while slow at the be
Trinity
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this down!!! This is the best book I've read in a long time! Jenna-Lynne Duncan is my new favorite author. Wow! Pirates! So many emotions about this. Love the details and the way she makes me feel about the characters. 1st he's bad, then good, then bad, then good, then bad......ugh just kiss already! Makes u want to yell at the book! LOVE, love, love it!!!! It left me wanting MORE! I hope she continues, it can go so many ways. Because neither of them are going to give up.
Jessica
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This book gets a three star rating simply for the ending which was its most redeeming quality.

I really wanted to like Lux. However I found myself annoyed with her most of the time. She literally spent 3/4 of the book arguing with herself. She really wanted to do something and took literally NO steps to try to reach her goal. Instead she spent nearly all of the book locked in a cabin acting like a modern day teenager and not any sort of heroine.

The writer does give readers a rather great love in
Kat
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed it

This is the first book by Jenna-Lynne that I have read and it was great! The story draws you in right from the start. It has a great story line, character development and even though I figured some things out, I was still surprised. I am excited for the next book!
RH
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
At first I thought this would be one of those books that tells you everything in the blurb but my god the twists! The timing for them were impeccable. A well written tale that most certainly deserves a sequel. I look forward to what will come next.
Vanessa Eccles
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nothing is what it seems. Not people. Not the world. And definitely not pirates. Blue Tide is a wonderful collision of swoon-worthy romance and high stakes. With its Middle Eastern and dystopian influences, readers will find it to be unique and utterly unputdownable. Fantastic read!
Amy
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.2 I really enjoyed this book. I loved Lux's firey personality. I enjoyed that the romance wasn't instalove. I even liked the secondary characters. I think my main problem was that I never really got a good sense of the world itself. It was obviously suppose to be a future/dystopian type of setting with the U.S. and other countries destroyed by a flood. But, during some times, it seems to have an almost 17 or 1800 AD feel to it. Also we never really got a complete story of how the flood actuall ...more
Cody Roecker
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
3.75 stars, just shy of 4. Honestly, i'm thoroughly impressed. I was engaged the entire time through and was interested in all of the characters. I enjoyed the romance for the most part but found the love triangle-esque aspect unnecessary.

Lux could be annoying but literally every other character made up for that. I looooved Lilou and wish we had more of her. (maybe somehow in book two?) Ahmed was my favorite character I just wish he had been fleshed out hyst a little more.

I also wish there had
Grizzy Marie
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Something different to read. Didnt think I would like this book but I fell in love with it!!!! Yeah in some part is was a little predictable but it intrigued me so much and hypnotised me and I just kept wanting to read more and more wanting to see what was gonna happen next!!
Great book!! I loved Lux so impatient and determined and Draven made the way he was because of all that had happend to him and just see how characters changed, developed, grew. As soon as it said "The End" I was lioe no no I
Lara Willard
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It's populated with strong characters, including a swoon-worthy Middle Eastern love interest, and it sets itself apart from other pirate novels by adding some dystopian elements. I think "Pirates of the Caribbean meets Waterworld" fits the concept but not the plot or characters. It's an adventure romance set on the high seas of a futuristic, flooded world.

And while I like the concept and plot, the writing style is what I was drawn to most
Danielle Hammelef
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I love pirate stories, but this author takes them beyond just a story. I had no problem jumping off the gang plank into this lush, detailed world the author created. Every sense--smells, feels, sights, tastes, sounds made this world so real to me. I loved the POV character's voice and felt as if I became her while reading. This book is hard to put down and hooked me from the first line. I can't wait to read more by this author.
Kati's Wonderland
Feb 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl
  • Bone Grace (Bone Grace, #1)
  • The Mermaid, the Witch and the Sea
  • Eight Will Fall
  • All the Stars and Teeth
  • Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
  • We are Blood and Thunder
  • Ride On
  • The Jolly Regina (The Unintentional Adventures of the Bland Sisters #1)
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
  • True Love's First Kiss (Queen of the Realm of Faerie 1-3)
  • The Sword and the Dagger
  • Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, #1)
  • Ransacker (Beserker #2)
  • Spirit of the Knight
  • Darkest Heart (Dominion, #1)
  • Seven Dead Pirates
  • Evenfall (Shadowfire, #1)
Jenna-Lynne Duncan likes to write heart-stopping, page-turning, haunting romance in all YA genres. With a love for travel and special connection to the Middle East, she explores different cultures and different languages. Her current Young Adult releases are titled Hurricane, Tempest, and Aftermath (Divertir Publishing) and the forthcoming Blue Tide. Jenna graduated with degrees in Middle Eastern ...more