Start by marking “Meg Mitchell & The Secret of the Journal (The Legend of the Lightkeepers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Meg Mitchell & The Secret of the Journal (The Legend of the Lightkeepers, #1)

Meg Mitchell & The Secret of the Journal

(The Legend of the Lightkeepers #1)

Stories never end. They just get bigger.

You only have to turn the page.

Meg Mitchell lives in a castle, but she’s no wilting princess. Raised in an alien world by adoptive parents, she spends her time fighting Centaurs, training as an Andai warrior, and chilling in her favorite willow tree.

But when Meg uncovers her birth father’s journal, she discovers a cousin she di
Published March 24th 2016 by Crosshair Press

To ask other readers questions about Meg Mitchell & The Secret of the Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meg Mitchell & The Secret of the Journal

Start your review of Meg Mitchell & The Secret of the Journal (The Legend of the Lightkeepers, #1)
Laura A. Grace
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read and different than what I originally expected. For one, I was not prepared for the quotes from a family member at the beginning of each chapter. That was by far one of my favorite parts of this book. Definitely a cool feature!

I was also unprepared for how deep the love of family would run as a theme, though I really loved it. Made this book special and made a powerful message of caring for those we love, whether through adoption or biologically.

I felt a
Laura A. Grace
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I felt a
Becky Van Daniker
I’m always looking for a fun young adult novel to enjoy. Meg Mitchell & the Secret of the Journals by Kimberly McNeil is a fantastic Christian Fiction novel that I enjoyed. It started off very slow so I had trouble getting hooked in the beginning, but it had a lot of explaining to do. The author has non-stop action that makes the read enjoyable and fun. I would probably recommend this for older kids because there is quite a bit of violence throughout the novel, but nothing too over the top.< ...more
Rachel
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun ride! I credit it with lots of lost sleep due to reading in bed. I couldn't put it down!
I had this book on my Kindle for awhile--at least a year--and decided to read it. I regret waiting so long to pick it up.
I think one of this book's biggest strengths was how Christian values were just a part of the fabric of the story, instead of being delivered through a lot of moralizing or lecturing the audience, as too many Christian stories do. This is the way it should be done. It lets
Michelle Bruhn
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid read with fun characters, an intriguing plot, and the promise of sequels! Started off a bit slow (despite the fact that the first chapter drops you right in the middle of the action), but the set-up is worth it. I loved the characters (esp. Jim and Jenny) and all the twists and turns they had to traverse. Definitely looking forward to sequels!
Rebecca
Nov 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
1 star

Story has potential for more but it's incomplete. Blatantly and intentionally incomplete. Not a matter of me being pickier than the average reader, but an intentional non-ending. Additionally annoyed by other things, like the Centaur energy "canon" when the Centaurs were not singing or citing law or being clergy.
Kandi Wyatt
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Page turning, edge of your seat read

Humor and intrigue grab the reader from the first. Fantasy, sci-fi, and real-life blend to form an excellent story. Some telling vs showing breaks up some scenes, but not enough for me to stop reading. Definitely grabbing book 2.
Maria Victoria Peeler
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read! I suggest for readers age 16 and older, though

Well written, great characters, awesome action. plus good fun and plenty of moral values message for both juveniles and adults.
Claire Banschbach
This book started out a little slow for me. I was kind of confused. There was a lot going on. Castles, centaurs, energy swords, trains, inter-dimensional portals, talking foxes...

But I kept pushing because I trust the author and I knew it would pick up. And it pretty much took off at the speed of light. I read probably 70% of it in one sitting and stayed up really late to finish.

Meg protects her family and she'll do anything to keep them safe. She was very down to earth a
C.O. Bonham
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meg Mitchell and the Secret of the Journal by: Kimberly McNeal, is the first book in what is sure to be an epic YA fantasy series.

If you were a child growing up in the nineties then you knew that the best TV shows aired before the crack or dawn on Saturday mornings. This novel reads like a love letter to those marvels of storytelling.

First we have the young heroes: Meg, Danny, and their little sister Jenny. These three are from a wonder-filled fantasy land on the other side of an in
Su Maneck
Nov 25, 2018
Sarah McConahy
Oct 29, 2019
Shann
rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2018
Ellie
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!

The characters are so vivid, susceptible, and real, I found myself feeling as if they were my best friends.

The book has a stupendous plot line, with tons of epic action, clever fight scenes, and witty lines.

It's gritty, but the author did an outstanding job of being realistic (not veiling the fact that there is depravity in the world) without glorifying the wrongs.

The thrill, the mystery, and the endearing characters have worked together to m
May 04, 2017
Grace Bridges
Jan 07, 2018
Anita
Apr 03, 2017

• The Ghost Ship (Space Drifters #3)
  • Awakened
  • A Dream Within a Dream
  • A Storm Grows: A Poetry Anthology
  • The Marvelous Land of Oz (Oz, #2)
  • Cursor's Fury (Codex Alera, #3)
  • White Dawn (Black Tiger, #3)
  • Windswept: A Short Fairytale
  • Ashen City (Black Tiger, #2)
  • Black Tiger (Black Tiger, #1)
  • The Mirror