Start by marking “The Veggie Gardener's Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask” as Want to Read:

Barbara Ellis provides expert answers for all of your toughest vegetable-growing questions. Designed to be used as an in-the-garden reference, this sturdy little volume is packed with helpful information on everything from planning a garden and sowing seeds to battling pests and harvesting organic crops. With clever tricks to cut down on weed growth, secrets for maximizing ...more
Published March 26th 2008 by Storey Publishing, LLC (first published March 13th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Veggie Gardener's Answer Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Veggie Gardener's Answer Book

Caroline
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent and pointed gardening advice. Much more straightforward than other gardening books and not trying to espouse a particular "system" or "method" (although most of her techniques are organic). Not completely comprehensive but that's too much to expect in only 400+ pages.

Bottom line: Excellent resource for veggie gardeners.
Marina
Sep 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very helpful to planting my veggie garden. I always have a hard time remembering what corn can't be cross-pollinated and this book had an easy way to reference that. As well as good tips on turning the soil deep enough for carrots and other root veggies to grow and quick tips on when to plant and where. I'll be scouring this again in the spring for my refresher.
Cheryl  Madigan
This book wasn't what I wanted it to be, bit what it claims to be. My hunt for the perfect veggie garden book continues.I did learn a few things but the sections on each veggie were not in depth enough for me.
Amerynth
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very comprehensive book that tells you most everything you need to know about vegetable gardening. I particularly liked the crop by crop section, which addresses common problems with each crop. After reading this book, I felt like I knew a lot more about what was going on in my vegetable patch.
Shellie G
Mar 21, 2009 marked it as to-read
This a great beginning book for novice gardeners. My daughter and I are having fun with it.
claire
Mar 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Pretty excellent resource! Fact-based with enough personal accounts to be a good reference, but not dry so it's okay to read it cover to cover. I'd recommend it for a beginner gardener.
Johanna
Feb 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
I don't think it has EVERY solution but it is a good reference guide and gives some great tips on how to go from seed to sustenance!
Jodi
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I checked this out from the library. I liked it so much that I had to buy the eBook to keep for reference!
Amy
Jun 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-books
Definitely one I would like to have for reference. For a tiny book, the author covered a lot of details.
John Mason