Start by marking “The Magnificent Glass Globe (Glass Globe, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Magnificent Glass Globe (Glass Globe, #1)

The Magnificent Glass Globe (Glass Globe #1)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Eleven-year-old Mary Tucker dreams of visiting the Amazon. But if her father, a museum curator, has his way, she might be a grandmother before she ever gets the chance.

One day, while mischievously exploring the museum’s warehouse with her brother Ike and best friend Helen, Mary stumbles across an old travel trunk belonging to her grandfather.

Inside, they discover an nondes
Published April 4th 2017 by Tantrum Books

To ask other readers questions about The Magnificent Glass Globe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magnificent Glass Globe

iamnotabookworm
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
This is my first time to read a Nils Bergeson book. This has been an amazing adventure to the Amazon jungle. As real as it can get, I was transported to Columbia and got lost in the Amazon rain forest with the Mary, Ike and Helen without having to leave my room. The Magnificent Glass Globe is one magical way to travel anywhere in the world in just one touch. Now, I know of two ways to go on adventures around the world without having to go on planes and immigration checks.

Mary Tucker has an obse
N.R. Bergeson
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, as the author, I suppose my opinion of the book doesn't count. But I certainly had a wonderful time writing this one, and I hope it proves to be the first of many adventures we can go on together. Thanks for reading!
James Meservy
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
NR Bergeson reminded me that we do not have to go to a distant far away fantasy world to find magic. There is plenty of magic around us in our every day world. Our imaginations, and the natural wonders around us are filled with magic if we only take the time to appreciate it.
I highly recommend this story to any and all readers, especially those who take the time to appreciate the natural magic of our wondrous earth.
Andrea Scanlon
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Perfect for mid/upper elementary school readers, I found that even as an adult I enjoyed it! Each chapter propels you to the next, immersing you in the adventure. As a mother of three girls, I particularly love that there is a strong, intelligent leading female character.
Jane
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book for young adults. I was asked to review by Librarything.com. I loved this book, magical and mysterious – a child who wants to see the amazon, a globe connected to the family.
I loved the fact that I too felt I was transported with this amazing globe and sat by the fire visualising this.
There was an eco-side to this with the Amazon forest with the reader being informed about the plight of the forests although some reviewers thought this may be a bit too heavy but young
Kester Nucum
Jun 07, 2018
Jessica (Books: A true story)
The Magnificent Glass Globe is a delightful book about the magic of travel. Although the main character, Mary, travels instantly with a magic globe, the real magic lies in the people she meets, the animals she helps, and the beauty of the world around us. And that magic is available to us all.

I admired Mary's ambition to see the remote parts of the world. She has a great imagination, but she's growing up and wants to see the real world instead of just imagining it. I really liked Mary. She has a
Julie
Jul 24, 2017
Pamela King
Mar 27, 2017
Sara
rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2018
Scoutaccount
Jan 29, 2018
Sara
Dec 02, 2017
Fajriy
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
11-year-old Mary has always wanted to visit the Amazon. Until one day when she finds a mysterious globe, her dream finally comes true. With her brother Ike and her friend Helen, she explores the wondrous Amazon and does what she can to find a way home. Before that, they have to face a very angry, unwelcome visitor.
This story takes the readers into the wondrous Amazon following the adventure of three courageous children with kind-hearted Amazonians and mysterious guardians. Written in a flowing s
Laura Shovan
Glen Hough
Feb 11, 2017
Patty  curry
Feb 11, 2017
N. R. Bergeson is the author of the “Glass Globe” series of children’s novels, a former U.S. Diplomat, and a passionate proponent of global education.

N. R. (Nils) Bergeson has lived all over the world - in Russia, Romania, Colombia, Kazakhstan, Afghanistan, and Indonesia. He has traveled to more than 65 countries with his wife, Emily, and their three young children. They now live in northern Utah.
More about N.R. Bergeson