Start by marking “The Best of the Happiness Project Blog: Ten Years of Happiness, Good Habits, and More” as Want to Read:

(The Happiness Project #1.5)

Did you love THE HAPPINESS PROJECT?

New York Times bestselling author, Gretchen Rubin, celebrates ten years of blogging with a special commemorative ebook. This collection offers Gretchen’s best articles from a decade of studying happiness and habits.

From her first day as a blogger to the happiest day of her life, Rubin relives the moments that have helped us understand
Published March 20th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Best of the Happiness Project Blog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best of the Happiness Project Blog

Start your review of The Best of the Happiness Project Blog: Ten Years of Happiness, Good Habits, and More
debbicat ☮~Traveling Sister
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
If you follow Gretchen Rubin and listen to her podcast, this is very helpful to have. I enjoyed this and am glad I have it as a reference, as I find a lot of Gretchen's insights extremely helpful to me. I highly recommend it for self improvement and anyone who wants to build better habits and be happier. :-)
Jena Henry
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You may have heard about Gretchen Rubin and her books on Happiness, Habits, and Tendancies. She also has a marvelous website and podcast. The Best of the Happiness Project Blog is a wonderful way to dip into her writings and get to know Gretchen. Yes, she is a thorough and exhausting researcher and yes, she has a penchant for lists, but she also has a warm-hearted, humorous, understanding and relatable voice. We do want to be happier and Gretchen wants us to be happier. I highly recommend this ...more
Lou
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
An excellent collection of essays for someone who isn't familiar with Gretchen Rubin's work, this book features a series of quick reads on some of her pet topics, including how we deal with expectations and how we pursue methods of becoming happier. If you've read much of her blog or any of her books, some or most of this may feel recycled.
lourdes_quintano
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Happiness Project Blog Rocks!

A very insightful read on how one can seek and maintain happiness. The author makes the goal of happiness tangible and truly love her lists. I would definitely recommend this book to my 15 year old daughter.
Angie Williams
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book

I enjoyed reading this book. I found useful ideas, insight into my personality, and I enjoyed every chapter. Looking forward to reading more books from Gretchen Rubin.
Natalie
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Long time listener of the podcast, first book of hers that I've read... I will now race through all of them
Jessica
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Sampling

I have been listening to Gretchen's podcast, so some of these were repeats, but it always sinks in more when I read it and hear it.
Anita
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: happiness
I absolutely adore Gretchen Rubin, but perhaps it is because I read all her books and follow her on social media that this book seemed to contain no new information/insights.
Bethany Michelle  Planton
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of Gretchen Rubin's work, when she announced this ebook I purchased it right away. The Best of the Happiness Project Blog is a fun, informative, and inspiring collection of Gretchen's 38 best blog posts. It is nice to have the posts all together instead of reading through her whole blog. I think this book has something for the avid, daily reader of Gretchen's blog as well as the novice.
Becky
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A perfect primer to Gretchen Rubin's work. This ten year blog compilation highlights the main points of her three books. For someone wanting a good introduction or a quick (100 page) summation look no further.

I am a Gretchen Rubin fan, having read her three books, as a podcast listener and an email subscriber (though I rarely read them.)
kat
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I think this might serve as a pretty good intro to Rubin's work, for those who don't know if they're willing to commit to The Happiness Project and aren't already regular readers of her blog. Mostly familiar material, otherwise.
Char
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I know I will revisit this book again and again. I enjoyed each of the focuses for the month, and hope one day to spend time focusing on different aspects of my life too that will bring me happiness.
Brandy Anderson
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Gretchen

She just always has thoughtful and practical insights to make life happier...or at least to make us appreciate life more!
Crysta
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
A nice, quick introduction to Rubin's work - and easier than flipping through her blog. It's given me direction to search out some of her themes in more depth.
Marilyn
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable. I think I'll go back and write down some of her categories to explore in my bullet journal.
Marcia
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
A nice introduction to Gretchen's work but I would always recommend her actual books over these snippets.
Ellen Matis

• The Dilemma
  • It's Okay Not to Be Okay: Moving Forward One Day at a Time
  • Reputation
  • Habit Stacking: 127 Small Actions That Take Five Minutes or Less
  • Smart Girl (The Girls, #3)
  • Party Girl (The Girls, #1)
  • The Attitudes of Success: 10 Powerful Habits of Successful, Confident Women
  • Fire Study (Study, #3)
  • Big Potential: How Transforming the Pursuit of Success Raises Our Achievement, Happiness, and Well-Being
  • The Big Truck That Went By: How the World Came to Save Haiti and Left Behind a Disaster
  • The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!
  • The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
  • Hoe gaan we dit uitleggen
  • The Beck Diet Solution
  • Evergreen Tidings from the Baumgartners
  • The Blue Zones Solution: Eating and Living Like the World's Healthiest People
I am the author of New York Times bestsellers The Happiness Project, Happier at Home, and Better Than Before, and The Four Tendencies. My newest book, Outer Order, Inner Calm , is on sale now.

Curious about The Four Tendencies? Find out if you're an Upholder, Obliger, Questioner, or Rebel (and how to harness your strengths. Take the free Four Tendencies quiz.

I have a popular, award-winning

The Happiness Project (2 books)
  • The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
  • Happier at Home: Kiss More, Jump More, Abandon a Project, Read Samuel Johnson, and My Other Experiments in the Practice of Everyday Life
“It’s a Secret of Adulthood: I give myself limits to give myself freedom.” 0 likes
“The days are long, but the years are short...” 0 likes