Start by marking “Johnny Boo: Twinkle Power” as Want to Read:
Johnny Boo: Twinkle Power

Johnny Boo: Twinkle Power (Johnny Boo #2)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  149 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Johnny Boo has "boo" power and his pet ghost Squiggle has "squiggle" power. But which is better? And might there be a power that is greater than them both? Wiggle power? Giggle power? Squiggle goes on a quest to learn the secret of twinkle power from the twinkling stars, but doesn't have much luck. Instead, a strange and hilarious secret is discovered about Johnny Boo's ha ...more
Published February 18th 2009 by Top Shelf Productions (first published December 29th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Johnny Boo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny Boo

Caleb
Feb 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
I think all of you children's libriarian types should read this. (And the first one, "Best Little Ghost in the World," too).

Review here:
Lauren
So simple, but also laugh-out-loud funny.
Linda
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Johnny Boo is a ghost. He has a "pet" ghost named Squiggle and both have super powers. Johnny's is Boo Power - he can say "BOO" really loud. Squiggle has Squiggle Power - he can do loop-de-loops all over the place. In this book (of the series - it's a delightful series!!), they ponder over which power is better. And even though they disagree, they stay best friends.

This series is just as much fun for adults as it is for kids. I actually laughed out loud at some of the parts. It's more fun, of co
N
Oct 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
As a fan of Kochalka's American Elf strip, I thought I would try out his work geared towards kids but feared a lack of substance. I presumed correctly. Running away from the Ice Cream Monster's butt was the only sugar buzz that Johnny Boo offered.
Lori Redman
Sep 07, 2012 rated it liked it
There's not much to say about Johnny Boo: Twinkle Power except that Johnny Boo is adorable (and he knows it) and his loyal best friend Squiggle is, too. They try to learn each other's powers of "Boo" and "Squiggle" and goofiness ensues. I'm pretty sure the Ice Cream Monster's "wiggle butt" will have kids rolling on the floor, not to mention Johnny Boo and Squiggle's silly banter. Not my favorite children's story, but an interesting introduction to graphic novels at a young age.
Charity Humfleet
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
This book was about Johnny Boo and his friend squiggle standing underneath the stars. Squiggle dreams of having twinkle power just like the stars. The illustrations in this graphic novel were very well drawn. This book would be a fun read aloud. And would also be a good book to use when introducing the idea of graphic novels to children.
Ned Leffingwell
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Top Shelf produces some great comics for young children. Johnny Boo is a ghost who has simple, fun adventures. The stories are short and sweet and I was pleased to see that they are also in color in this edition. I highly recommend this for kids from 4-8.
Justyn Rampa
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
This volume comes earlier in the series, but it is still just as fun. Johnny Boo seems a little prideful for being so adorable. Just sayin'. However, Squiggle and Ice Cream Monster and an brief intro to Rocky Rock make this another great book!
Betsy
Jan 04, 2009 rated it liked it
One Sentence Review: I have zero doubt that the butt-wiggling Ice Cream Monster will render five-year-olds everywhere prostrate with giggles, and like its predecessor I find it almost impossible to wrap my adult head about the text.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite Johnny Boo but still funny, quirky, and a graphic novel that even kinder and first will enjoy! The Ice Cream Monster and Squiggle both appearing this one, and when you put the write voice on the Ice Cream Monster when you read him, he is even funnier!
Cory
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm in love with Johnny Boo. He's laugh out loud funny in parts, just the right amount of absurdity for kids (of all ages) and a pretty great way to start conversations about emotions with even very young children. I know there's more Johnny Boo to read, and I have to get to it!
FYETC
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
A charming trifle.
Matt
May 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Childrens books need more twinkle and wiggle power.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Great illustrations. K.Y.
Sydney More
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, childrens, fiction
A simple comic with heart for little ones.
Michael
Apr 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Absolutely amazing. Boo power, Ghost pomps, running from an ice cream monsters butt. Greatest book in the world. Take that War and Peace.
Paperclippe
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
WIGGLE BUTT
April
May 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
An adorable graphic novel for kids about friendship and silly ghost hair. I read it at the library and was very amused by it.
Dolores
Dec 09, 2016
hussain
May 20, 2018
Tim
rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2015
denise
Apr 25, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
James Kochalka is an American comic book artist and writer, and rock musician. His comics are noted for their blending of the real and the surreal. Largely autobiographical, Kochalka's cartoon expression of the world around him includes such real-life characters as his wife, children, cat, friends and colleagues, but always filtered through his own observations and flights of whimsy. In March 2011 ...more
More about James Kochalka

Johnny Boo (8 books)
  • Johnny Boo: The Best Little Ghost in the World
  • Johnny Boo: Happy Apples
  • Johnny Boo: The Mean Little Boy
  • Johnny Boo Book 5: Johnny Boo Does Something!
  • Johnny Boo Zooms to the Moon!
  • Johnny Boo Goes Like This!
  • Johnny Boo Book 8: Johnny Boo and the Ice Cream Computer