Start by marking “Âme rouge (Blacksad, #3)” as Want to Read:
Âme rouge (Blacksad, #3)

Âme rouge

(Blacksad #3)

" Je restai plus d'une heure à observer en silence avant d'ouvrir la bouche et de rompre cet instant magique de création. Cet être à la santé fragile se transformait en tornade quand il sentait dans sa main le contact d'un pinceau et l'odeur de peinture lui collait au museau ".
Published November 18th 2005 by Dargaud (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Âme rouge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Âme rouge

Start your review of Âme rouge (Blacksad, #3)
Sofia

umm I like the personal touch.

Fitting into slot 30 of Lena's reading challenge. A book with pictures - and what pictures.
Timo
Jan 19, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
So beautiful art, so pointless and thin story.
But the art is really gorgeous, looking at the pictures justifies buying this book.
But the story.... if the story would be even half as good as art, this would be better. Now it is just pointless.

Timo
Constanza
#WorldBRB

Really enjoying the connections in each volume to different historical events! Not as good as VOl 2 but still, a very enjoyable read.
r.
Shelves: euro-comics
the ending hit hard
Ercsi91
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sad story of our corrupt world, when good people are used for the bad...
Fredrik Strömberg
The third volume, and this time with the almost inevitable theme of communism and the McCarthyism, as these stories, even though they are anthropomorphic and fictitious, are clearly set in the US in the 1950s. It's a good story, with many references to historical events, including an anthropomorphic version of Hitler himself. Makes me think of Jason's excellent book I Killed Adolf Hitler.

And Guarnido's art is as crisp as ever, using the anthropomorphic theme visually in ways I've never seen before. Still, th
Francisco
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot is a bit thin, it deserved way more than the fifty something pages, particularly given the rich historical background of this episode. Nevertheless, the art is flawless as usual and I cannot help to be drawn to this fantastic zoo-noir world over and over again.
Jan vanTilburg
Blacksad in love.
Set against the backdrop of a McCarthy type era, things do not work out as wished.
This time “high” politics and WWII behaviour consequences are Blacksad’s main worries.
His old benefactor Otto Liebber appears to have secrets of his own. Now seeking redemption for his past. And Blacksad is there to protect him...

This time the scenario (Canales) is not as gruesome and dark as the previous books. But it is again about how people in high places are abusi
Luana
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A slightly more complex plot than usual kind of supercedes the bounds of the single-issue format, but kudos to Canales for attempting a red scare conspiracy thriller whose apocalyptic implication nevertheless never quiiite hit as well as they should, as well as the ending wrapping perhaps too neata bow on things.

Alma Mayer all-timer furry waifu??? perhaps??
Peter
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blacksad gets involved in a case of communist espionage. The volume continues with the fantastically elaborate art that brings the noir aesthetic of the series with the signature anthropomorphic animal characters.
Julián Rivera
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite so far of the Blacksad comics. This one touches on a Cold War theme, which I personally love, and involves much deeper characters from tomes 1 and 2. The love sub-plot is engaging and the end holds a bittersweet taste to it.
Ghostcat
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Another interesting story, with an historical background quite fascinating once again transposed in this universe.
Emily
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the art style of this series, but I don't have the heart to continue because I'm so peeved by the fact that all the female characters look human.
Inge
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
stunning drawings, good story
Katja Vartiainen
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again the amazing illustration and this time a more intriguing story, with historical and political elements. The colors are amazing, and the details of the illustration- wow. The characters an the animals chosen for them match well. Loved it!
Willem van den Oever
The quality of the Blacksad-series continues to stay at a top-level, proves the third entry of the black private eye cat. After examining political corruption and Hollywood in the first book and race riots, the Klan and Jim Crow in the second one, the duo Díaz Canales (script) and Guarnido (art) now focus on communist paranoia, the Cold War and beat poetry in “Ame Rouge” (Red Soul).

During an easy-money assignment, John Blacksad bumps into an old friend of the past. Professor Otto Liebber pulle“Ame
João  Jorge
While not as good as previous volumes, this is still a highly enjoyable read. Technically, this volume is once again, brilliant. Amazing drawings, full of detail in magnificent environments and stupendous facial expressions. Its a pleasure to just flip the pages, for such fabulous art.
Its the story department that could have used some work. This time Blacksad is in the middle of the communist witch hunt but its all very loosely explored. The plot never seems to come together. The story never de
Raisu
This time the anthropomorphic private eye Blacksad gets his hard boiled detective act on among early 50's communists and intellectuals. He meets beat poets and scientists, there's lots of smoking, a beautiful but sad woman and a murder. Just like I said about the volume 2 of Blacksad, the stories themselves might not be anything spectacularly original. But they are well told and entertaining.

The thing I like best about these, is the fact that Canales can really tell a story visually,
Wolfe Tone
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps the best in the brilliant Blacksad series. Blacksad are a series of comic books in classic noir style, that deal with historical themes from the forties and fifties. The anamorphic imagery is brilliant, all animals are perfectly fitted to their human character and the drawing style is sublime. It really looks and feels like a classic film noir.

This album deals with the red scare with a brilliant role for Joe McCarthy as an arrogant cock. it also references Ginsburg, Rothko an
Nina
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was that... a hint to an overarching story? The length really was perfect for my afternoon picnic break today: long enough to draw me into the story, short enough for me to finish it in half an hour :)
Aildiin
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bandes-dessinees
The art is still amazing but the story in this one is more convoluted so it gets "only" 4 stars.
Jimmakos Gavagias
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it

Pretty interesting.i liked how characters were impersonated from animals
Carlos Clorth
I honestly think Philip Roth woud enjoy this.
Reyel2107
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
still a classic legend , disney should be like this !!!!!
Dbgirl
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this as much as I did like the previous books in the series, but it's good nevertheless.
Mips
Jul 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Books & Music: 'That Old Black Magic' (Ella Fitzgerald)
Hellread
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Great art, weirdish story.
أحمد
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The third issue is the best in my opinion. The story got deeper and the references were even smarter! like that owl Einstein for example.

• Ce qui est précieux (Le combat ordinaire, #3)
  • Le Secret du janissaire (De Cape et de Crocs, #1)
  • Neptune (Long John Silver, #2)
  • Wake: Gearing Up (Sillage, #3)
  • Serge (Magasin général, #2)
  • Le Rige (La Quête de l'oiseau du temps, #3)
  • Alinoë (Thorgal #8)
  • Coeur de canard (Donjon Zénith,#1)
  • El invierno del dibujante
  • La pourpre et l'or
  • Lydie
  • La foire aux immortels (Nikopol #1)
Juan Díaz Canales is a Spanish comics artist and an animated film director, known as the co-creator of Blacksad.

Blacksad (5 books)
  • Blacksad (Blacksad, #1)
  • Arctic-Nation (Blacksad, #2)
  • L'Enfer, le silence (Blacksad, #4)
  • Amarillo (Blacksad, #5)