Start by marking “No Cats, No Chocolate” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
No Cats, No Chocolate

Ken Kuhlken

No Cats, No Chocolate

If Hollywood needs another reality show (Heaven forbid), they might consider the Ken and Alan show.

Ken Kuhlken and Alan Russell are mystery writers. The two of them have written over a dozen critically acclaimed novels, and yet neither has become a household word. A few years back they had the idea of doing an "international" book tour together, and naturally everything w

Published June 28th 2004 by Hickey's Books (first published June 2004)

To ask other readers questions about No Cats, No Chocolate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Cats, No Chocolate

John
May 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
"Amusing." That one word pretty much says it all. NO CATS, NO CHOCOLATE is less like a book, and more like two writer buddies horsing around on paper. Most of the book is comprised of them giving each other crap, so the degree to which you find the book funny will doubtlessly be influenced by how familiar you are with them and their careers. None of it is to be taken seriously, but it certainly made my recent subway ride more enjoyable.
Cily
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
In this book there is everything you need for an entertaining story: there are colorful characters and some hysterically funny situations.

It is about two friends but most of all about two writers and it is full of phrases, idioms, repartee, and eccentricities typical of writers.
Timing is good but the word choice sometimes is a bit too gross.
I’m a writer and despite this not being my favorite genre I found myself giggling and tittering at the absurdities of some scenes.
In particular I loved the “
Mary Ann
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
“No Cats, No Chocolate” The title comes from Ken Kuhlken’s comment that he won’t write mysteries about cats, chocolate and crocheting. The main characters, mystery writers Ken Kuhlken and Alan Russell set out on a road trip from the West Coast to Chicago. They spend much of their time insulting each other and reminiscing about practical jokes they played on each other. They each write a romance novel on the way, and share parts of the stories, One of them comments, “I feel like I gave birth to a ...more
Heather
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I read this ebook to give a review! I got it for free to do so.

Well, I actually admire anyone that has the imagination to write a book and loved the title!

That where it ends for me. I tried my best but never could come to like this story. I know not all books are for everyone. I struggled to get past the first chapter. I finally finished it and if I had not agreed to do this review honestly I wouldn't have.
Dianne Pendry
Kathy
rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2017
Ken Kuhlken
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Nancy Anderson
Jan 16, 2015
Lillian B Conover
rated it did not like it
Oct 08, 2018
Karen Jackson
Sep 29, 2018
Debra Kempthorne
Oct 21, 2018
Ken Kuhlken's stories have appeared in ESQUIRE and numerous other magazines, been honorably mentioned in BEST AMERICAN SHORT STORIES, and earned a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship.

With Alan Russell, in the novella NO CATS, NO CHOCOLATE, Ken has chronicled the madness of book promotion tours.

His novels are MIDHEAVEN, finalist for the Ernest Hemingway Award for best first fiction book, an