Start by marking “O Enigma da Sétima Tapeçaria” as Want to Read:
O Enigma da Sétima Tapeçaria

O Enigma da Sétima Tapeçaria

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  340 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
"Quando Alex Pellier, curadora do Museu Cluny, em Paris, é encarregue de visitar as obras de arte que o Convento de Sainte-Blandine, nos arredores de Lyon, pôs à venda, não sabe que está prestes a enfrentar o desafio mais importante da sua vida. Alex encontra na biblioteca do convento, escondido dentro de dois livros, um poema com séculos de existência e uma série de esboç ...more
Published 2006 by Casa das Letras / Editorial Notícias (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about O Enigma da Sétima Tapeçaria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O Enigma da Sétima Tapeçaria

Kerry
Oct 16, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 7, mystery, 2006
I liked it. It was a nice, pleasant read with engaging characters. Nothing particularly radical happened to any of them, but what did happen was very logical and neatly executed. Alex's daughter, Soliel (or Sunny) was a delightful minor character, who pretty much stole her scenes. This books uses many of the set pieces of the romance novel, but in a beautifully understated way that really worked for me. There are no continual, sighing reflections on the other person's physique, no trembling glan ...more
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Apr 10, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mιss •kαthєяίиє• by: The librarian
Shelves: nice-cover
I choose this one because I happen to be intrigued of the Unicorns and those tapisseries. I've read another book with the same topic The Lady and the Unicorn and I liked it so I had thought that this book would be an interesting choice too.

As a romance book, I liked it. It was a nice homey story about two classmates who when students in college fell in love with each other but in the end life got them seperated. As all romance stories, they found each other again and stayed happily together.

As a
Christine
CatarinaG
Mar 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ana O.
Shelves: 2008, em-pt
Não foi assim uma leitura por 'aí além' mas não desgostei de todo. é uma história e amor não resolvida na adolescência e que acartou alguma infelicidade até poder ser arrumada 'como os intervenientes desejavam'.
Lê-se muito bem entre dois livros mais pesados, para desanuviar ou assim despreocupadamente, nas férias.
A história à volta da tapeçaria é engraçada e bem construída. Sem ser de tirar o folêgo é um livrinho de leitura muito agradável, um pouco na onda do "A dama e o Unicórnio"...
É um liv
Nitrorockets
It's a love story, and normally I really can't take the cheesy love story lit. I find it boorish. But then, after being so incredibly bored with all the work focused reading I have been doing, this looked pretty darn good. And it actually was interesting. Kind of exciting, and then almost too much so. It seems like in parts to be written almost as a soap. You know, jump from one person's story to the next, all sequential of course. So that bothered me a bit, but not as much as I expected. Still ...more
Lisa H.
*sigh* My recent luck with picking books has not been good - most recently that piece of crap, The Mask of Atreus, and now this. Note to self: pay attention to who writes the blurbs. Nicholas Sparks should have clued me in right away that this was going to be more schmaltz and less suspense.
Schneehase
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, 2010
Tja, war ganz nett, aber mehr auch nicht. Ich hatte mir etwas mehr Spannung versprochen, etwas geheimnisvolleres oder ein mysteriöses Rätsel; evtl. auch ein bißchen Krimi. Auch der historische Teil beschränkte sich auf wenige Seiten im Prolog und Epilog. Der Rest war viel langatmiger Beziehungskram, die eigentliche Story plätschert so dahin.
Panagiotis
Ένα ευχάριστο ανάγνωσμα για παραλία. Είναι αυτό που είναι χωρίς να θέλει να μεταμφιεστεί σε κάτι άλλο. Μια ιστορία αγάπης ένα καλογραμμένο άρλεκιν με όλα τα κλισέ δοσμένα στις σωστές δόσεις και με λίγη ιστορία τέχνης δοσμένη μέσα από την ιστορία μιας άτυχης ιστορία αγάπης στη γαλλική αναγέννηση. Τι άλλο θέλει κανείς για δυο ευχάριστες ώρες στη παραλία;
Paula García reynaldos
Soy una entusiasta de los unicornios y de la serie de tapices medievales de La Dama y el Unicornio que están en el museo Cluny de París. La historia no parece demasiado original si uno ha leído cosas similares al "Código Da Vinci", pero es suficientemente entretenida y tiene detalles que parecen bien recreados, sobre la vida de las mujeres en la Edad Media.
Tina
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could view the medieval tapestries that are the heart of this book. It is a nice tale with a little history, mystery, art, romance, and the French countryside all mixed together. You can't go wrong with those ingredients. A nice read all around. I feel the need to visit an art museum this weekend -- if only it could be the one in the story set in Paris!
Margo
Dec 19, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not like either of the two main characters, to the extent that I could not root for either of them to achieve what they wanted. The premise is interesting, but the plot development was poor enough that the events that are supposed to build up to the "big moment" are insipid and uninspiring. Very disappointing.
Michelle
Aug 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, recommended, fiction
Was a pretty good read, a wee, tiny bit slow to get into it, but once you are...
Very much a tale regarding the origins of the well known medeival tapestries. Interesting viewpoint, and not entirely without merit.
It does flip back and forth between the past and the present, and the ties between them.
Juliana Haught
Jun 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Interesting mystery, going into some art history and themes in art. Some (predictable) romance. At first, I found the male lead character extremely annoying, not sure if I ever really came to like him that much - liked the female lead better. I enjoyed the book, but I'm not going to make it a point to find any more books by this author.
Jimmi
Mar 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like being able to support local authors, and this author grew up in my hometown of Twin Falls, Idaho. I was able to attend a reading that she did a couple years ago when we both lived in Boise, Idaho. It's a fun little modern day story about a medieval tapestry and its history through the ages as told by a woman who visits Italy as a young woman and again as an adult.
Oscura
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un bel libro romantico. Generalmente non amo molto il genere troppo sdolcinato, ma devo dire che l'autrice riesce a rendere convincente e non troppo scontata la storia d'amore fra i protagonisti. Molto avvincente la vicenda della scoperta e dell'acquisizione dell'arazzo perduto.
Amy F
May 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was really excited about this book. I loved The Lady And The Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier, and loved seeing the tapestries on a trip to Paris. But these characters just fell so flat, I couldn't care about them. Got about a third in and gave up.
Isaura
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leidos2011
Se me hizo muy fácil de leer, es una historia sencilla, sin mucho misterio ni drama y con el toque justo de romance... No la clasificaria como un "debes leerlo" pero si tienes el tiempo y la oportunidad, leerlo no estaría mal...

Eso si... ahora quiero ir a ver los tapices al Cluny jajajaja
Nancy
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the art history of this book, the story was told to keep your interest and keep you turning the pages. Realized toward the end that I had read it before - enjoyed it as much as the first time. Love Kelly Jones as a writer.
Lene
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that I enjoyed while I read it. Now, three weeks after I finished it, I could not remember what it was called or what it was about without physically going to pick it up and look at it. So, it is easily forgettable, but not a bad book at all.
Melissa
I liked most of the book, except the love story part was a little too "Harlequin Romance-y" for me.
The story takes place in Paris and Lyons, France and is about the discovery of a medieval tapestry in a convent, as well as the stories of the weaver and designer.
Katie
Jul 28, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I learned some things about art history and the artistic process through reading this book. Since I don't know anything about these subjects and don't find great joy in going to art museums, if you enjoy art you would probably like this book more than I did.
JayeL
Mar 11, 2008 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
July 2015: not available on audio at Mechanics' Institute
Samantha Page
Light and fluffy, easy to read. Most interesting to me since I visited the actual tapestries at the Cluny only a few days after reading. Gave depth to my museum visit at least.
Heather
May 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
an excellent art-historical mystery set in Paris. and not about unicorns at all!
Elena
Apr 01, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-worth-it
Pathetic!
Viki
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept my interest until the last page. Jone's writing is tight and wonderfully descriptive. Both a love story and a mystery. Loved getting a small taste of the " Art World" as well...
Susan
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful premise - - but drippy story....
Elizabeth
Started off well but bogged down in the middle. Did not finish.
Carol
Jan 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gustó mucho la historia y todo el misterio que rodea los tapices del unicornio. Es un buen libro de investigación, suspenso y por supuesto, con una historia romántica de por medio.
PWRL
Jun 17, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
O
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • It's Happy Bunny: Life. Get One.
  • If You Loved Me
  • Molly Pitcher: Young Patriot
  • Bears in the Barn (Animal Ark #23)
  • Shadows on the Coast of Maine (Antique Print, #2)
  • A Mystery of Errors (Shakespeare & Smythe, #1)
  • The Scottish Movie
  • The Self-Portrait: A Cultural History
  • Flying Blind (Nathan Heller #10)
  • By Hook or By Book (Megan Clark, #2)
  • Fire Pony
  • A Wicked Way to Burn (Bracebridge Mystery, #1)
  • Crunch Time (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #4)
  • Charming Classics Box Set #1
61959
Kelly Jones grew up in Twin Falls, Idaho. She graduated from Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington, with a degree in English and an art minor. During her junior year in Italy she developed a love for both travel and art history.
The Woman Who Heard Color (Berkley Books, October, 2011), is a historical novel set in Munich, Berlin, and New York. A story of family loyalty, banned art, and creativ
More about Kelly Jones...