Start by marking “Releasing Me (Holding You, #2)” as Want to Read:
Releasing Me (Holding You, #2)

(Holding You #2)

A tragic accident. A hidden past. An unbreakable love. Never goodbye... I thought Addy stole my soul. Her beauty blinded me. Her heart called to me. Her touch healed me. She gave everything and asked for nothing. Then I broke her. The depths of her pain were veiled by the reflection of my own. I didn't deserve her, but I wanted her--I needed her. In my darkest hell, I hear ...more
Published March 23rd 2016 by Jewel E. Ann (first published April 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Releasing Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Releasing Me

Start your review of Releasing Me (Holding You, #2)
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****

I loved this one much more than the first book, but damn the angst was over the top in this series.
Addy was a really tough Heroine for me to like in book one and even when her past is revealed, although I felt bad for her, there were still times that I still didn't love her character.

But, Jewel always makes me fall in love with her stories and I'm so glad I finally got the chance to get caught up on all of her books!!

If you can stomach some hardco
Malene
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely Addy's book and how she finally accepted her past and letting it all go in order for her to be happy. Addy had a long way to go and a lot to process before she was at that place. The title and how the story progressed fitted together seamlessly.
Her journey with Quinn was angsty, dramatic and very sexy. Definitely emphasizing sexy cause wow! Addy and Quinn were like two animals in heat when they were around each other. They certainly also had their comfortable and romant
Paige
4.5 Stars

What an emotional rollercoaster! My stomach hurt. My heart hurt. This took a turn I didn't expect. But when all was said and done, Quinn and Addy made me love them (even if I didn't always like them or their decisions.)

On to my next Jewel E. Ann masterpiece.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

“He was my Olivia.”

I was so happy when I started this book and there was Quinn's POV! Seriously, it made the story so much better.

What's still not better is all the sex and I'm over Addy. She may be 32-33 years old but she's too immature and that causes a lot of unnecessary drama. The angst is spot on though.

The end of the last book left us in a tough place and my heart went out to Quinn. He really takes things to the next level and what he does is pretty surprising considering his
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

Here comes another dash of Jewel E. Ann's special dust of romance.

Releasing Me gave me some serious feels. Moments where I actually shed some tears.

I loved Addy and Quinn. There was a lot of pushing and pulling between the characters, but it wasn't annoying or unpleasant. Bravo. Bravo. Bravo.

description description description

description
I'm going to keep this short in an effort to curtail the ranting.

What I liked:
1) We heard from the H, Quinn, in this book. Although I don't like him much, it was a refreshing change from hearing solely from the h, Addy.
2) This series is over.

What I didn't like:
1) It seemed like the author just picked every bad thing and made them happen to Addy.
2) The manho ways continue. I know that later on the truth is revealed, but how could (view spoiler) ...more
Kambra Wylie
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with Holding You ... it left me desiring more of Addy and Quinn's intense chemistry. Releasing Me completed me! I couldn't have asked for a better ending! There are so many 'it's still not over' moments, raw have to be with you love and passion, and unexpected twists. The continued reveal of Addy's past brought so many emotions, I definitely needed to bring out the tissues on several occasions.

Sometimes the second book in a series can fall short, but Releasing Me does
Diana Ouma
Releasing Me is the conclusion to Addy and Quinn's story. I can not emphasise how many ups and downs there were in this story. At first, I was cool with it because it was just a reflection of what a real relationship is. However, the amount of shit that happens just tired me out at the end. Overall, I loved the story, but it is not without flaws.

Deal Breaker One:

(view spoiler) ...more
Gina *loves sunshine*
24 hours later and yes....book 2 was beyond a dramatic conclusion! Definitely brought the whole set up to 5 stars***** An emotional roller coaster to say the least! Just when you think the events that happened in book 1 were tragic *wow* it crumbles and builds back up...crumbles and builds. Kleenex, tears, smiles. I guess I like the books that take me on a tragic ride. I know for some it will be over the top, like what else could happen?! - but I loved it. It's not that often that a book 2 steal ...more
Melissa
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Never Goodbye stars!
I'm writing this at 3 am because this was completely unputdownable!
Anne OK
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Holy Moly -- TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.
I'm totally exhausted after reading this 2-book series. I felt the first book was a little more tame and didn't expect a reader to extend all concept of normal ranges of reality. But this one - WHOA! Jewel E. Ann went overboard with the drama and arguing that lead to he goes his way, she goes her way and her tears are non-stop. And then there's the matter of sex before substance. At times, it had the feel of page-filler and could easily have
Jacqueline
Umm ok, a little awkward but I didn't love this one. A little too much ott drama and too many coincidences kind of stretched credibility too far for my liking. I loved the romance and the wit but I didn't much care for either main character's antics in this.

Still love this author, but this isn't one I'll re-read.

Second part, doesn't standalone. Available on ku.
Michelle "Chelle" Thompson
By: Jewel E. Ann

**Gifted a copy from author for an honest review**

I loved Holding You, but I fell in love with Releasing Me!!! This was a perfect conclusion to Addy and Quin’s story. I was truly captivated by this story. Please beware you will go on an emotional roller coaster, that left me completely speechless with goose bumps. This one really pulled at my heart strings like no other book. I laughed out loud, got mad, frustrated, yelled WTF at my kindl
~Dawn~TUG
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2014?!?!? Where the fuck was I? I am torn between being pissed at myself for missing out on this story for so long, and being happy that I was in a perfect place to completely savor it. This story it all things ANGST. I love it so hard, I want to marry it. I have read others reviews and understand why reviews may have been lower than mine, but overall what I experienced, what I got and gave in this story had to be recognized with 5 stars. If there were more I would give them. I was so invested i ...more
Robyn
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Never Goodbye

Well...that was a bumpy ride, but that ending!! I’m usually a fan of flawed characters, but my feelings toward the MC’s went back and fourth, about as much as their push and pull did.

Quinn had me hot around the collar until about the half way point, but I ended up liking him more often than not. Frustration was my underlining emotion throughout, as they seemed to solve their problems in the form of physical communication, instead of the much needed verbal means. Add
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
As much as I enjoyed the first book in this short series, book two jumped the shark for me. Waaaaaay to much drama with way to little explaination or cohesion. Love the writing style and two of the three books I have read from this author. This one just missed the mark for me.
Splage
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hardly ever rank sequels as high as the original book, but this one was good with lots of twist and turns.
Sandy S
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date April 18, 2014

A tragic accident. A hidden past. An unbreakable love.

Never goodbye …

I thought Addy stole my soul.

Her beauty blinded me.
Her heart called to me.
Her touch healed me.

She gave everything and asked for nothing. Then I broke her. The depths of her pain were veiled by the reflection of my own. I didn’t deserve her, but I wanted her––I needed her. In my darkest hell, I heard her voice. That’s when I knew …
Heather.S
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes to me in a series, the second book falls flat around the middle towards end, but holy effing hell, not this book! I once again couldn't stop reading. I read a lot of books, 3-4 weekly, but I'm not stumped what to do or read now that I'm down with this series! The ending was so beautiful and just made my hurt melt. Noowwwwwww I know he isn't the main focus, but can we get some more Jake?! His own novel perhaps. He was swoon worthy. But, this book is beyond 5 stars and I'll never forget ...more
Mary
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Releasing Me

Wow!! I love this book! I'm a disabled housewife who reads every day. I have to say, that this is one of the most heartbreaking and rediscovery stories that I have read this year. It shows how powerful forgiveness truly is.
Susan W
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pov-both, z2016
This one read much faster than the first. It had more action and his POV.
Natalie M
5 incredible stars!! I don't really know where to begin but I must say that this series was flipping awesome!! Holy hell....the emotions, betrayal, secrets, shocking twists, passion,addiction, tragedy you name it this series had it...an epic love story! It will go down as one that will stay with me forever. I don't think I could forget Quinn and Addy if I wanted to. The downside... this book made me a big bitch! Every moment that I couldn't read I was antsy and anxious and wanting to stop everyt ...more
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I found a new favourite author!! I cannot believe a random click landed me into such a gripping story. I could not put this down. Kids? They could wait. Dishes? They could wait. Laundry? Ummmm... wait. Even sleep could wait cuz I had to know how the love story between Addy and Quinn was going to end.

What a freakin roller coaster of pain, love, lust, miscommunication, grief, and forgiveness. I love that underneath all of the turmoil we couldn't mistake the strength of the love. Even w
Elif
I finished reading the first book of this series late night, and I've been reading the second one until 3 AM. Thankfully, I had no classes so I could finish it! Seriously, I will read anything she writes from now on because of her addictive writing and thank you Goodreads for randomly recommending me this series!

So, I was really curious what will happen to Quinn and Addy or how will their love story would move on after the ending of book one. I really really loved the Spanish Sex God
Debbie Hanson
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After finishing holding you I couldn't start this one fast enough. I seriously considered calling sick into work because I had to know what was going to happen to Quinn.

At the end of holding you we were faced with what seemed to be the impending death of Quinn after a confession from Addy caused him to fall during a climb with Addy.

Although I was a little shocked with Addy's admission to be married previously I couldn't understand Quinn's horrible reaction to her and his
Lisa Mccrey
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A MA ZING

I purchased this book at 9am on April 21st(today) I am writing this review approximately 6.5hrs later..I couldn't put it down!! I fell in love with Addy, Mac and Quinn in Holding You and they didn't disappoint in Releasing Me..Addy's quick Witt and Mac's potty humor kept me laughing while Elena's wisdom made me cry. The writing was great, the characters awesome the ending perfect. This series has made it to my Top 10
Jill
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This chick could be a gold medal Olympian for the amount of running she does! Not much of a love story when the couple spends literally half the book apart n use seat fillers when they can't have the one they want. Liked that it had Quinn's POV, but not enough to make it bearable...
Traci Parker
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not have enough tissues for the tears and angst this book brought me.
LOVED!!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Method
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Heartbreak Warfare
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Where the Blame Lies
  • Someone Else's Ocean
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts, #2)
  • The Truth About Us (The Truth Duet, #2)
  • When Ashes Fall
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Never Me
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Impact
Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor. When she's not saving the planet one tree at a time, you can find her role modeling questionable behavior to her three boys, binge-watching Netflix with her husband, and writing mind-bending romance.

Her latest release is When Life Happened, an Amazon #1 Best Seller.

Current projects: A second spinoff from the Jack & Jill Series - Flint's sto

Holding You (2 books)
  • Holding You (Holding You, #1)
“Forgiveness happens in the beat of a heart, forgetting takes a lifetime.” 23 likes
“It’s amazing how many different roads we can take, but they all lead home.” 15 likes