Start by marking “The Fowl Proposal Bonus Scenes (Dragon Blood #7.1)” as Want to Read:
The Fowl Proposal Bonus Scenes (Dragon Blood #7.1)

The Fowl Proposal Bonus Scenes

(Dragon Blood #7.1)

This series of four scenes was originally published on Lindsay's blog. They take place after the events of Soulblade (Dragon Blood, Book 7) and before Shattered Past (the Therrik novel).
Published March 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Fowl Proposal Bonus Scenes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fowl Proposal Bonus Scenes

Start your review of The Fowl Proposal Bonus Scenes (Dragon Blood #7.1)
Lorre
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These are 4 great short stories all leading up to a marriage proposal between Ridge and Sardelle.
It's a really nice extra if you love the series!
Jane
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
These short stories take place between Soulblade and The Shattered Past, so technically they could/should be called Dragon Blood #7.25 ... or something similar, I think. Anyway, all of the stories happen around a Duck Blind behind Zirkander's house and I guess that's why there's a mention of fowls.

Due to the shortness of each story, I'll keep my commentary very brief.

Fowl Advice
Basically a conversation between General Ort and Ridge. General Ort gave Ridge some advice and it was actually pretty f
TINNGG
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Cute.

Ridge has decided to propose to Sardelle, so he asks advice - from 2 people. He gets it from his mom, unasked. One person panics, thinking their SO is about to propose, and the other (plus mom) suggests a nice restaurant and well, a formal affaire. IOW, NOT what he'd been thinking about. He decides to ignore most of the advice, only to discover that his asking around had taken too long and Sardelle had made her own arrangements - involving a dragon. Hahah!

As an aside though, it would appear
Llaph
This was cute. I wish I didn't like/follow so many authors because I miss these sort of things. Thank goodness Buroker put this together.
Noodle The Naughty Night Owl
9/10: Fantastic, left me wanting more.

In desperate need of more Dragon Blood, I thankfully found this little gem on Lindsay's website.

Perfect!

But please give us more. :)
James J. Balentine
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was wondering when/how the proposal would go.

This is just what it says. Bonus scenes for the series but here is a review of the whole series so far.
OK, here goes...
Why did you rate the book as you did?
Really you're going to ask that? Because I quite liked it! Enough to buy whatever Ms Buroker writes anyway. I brought the first three book "Dragon Blood set because the topic was interesting and the price was right (to quote " I'm cheap so sue me!"😊)

What did you like/dislike?
Short version: A lot
Diane
Short but FUN, and perfectly illustrates the characters

I really enjoyed reading these humorous "bonus" scenes (building toward a proposal of marriage between Ridge and Sardelle) when they were posted on her site, and I was happy to see her package them for e-readers. NOT the place to START reading Dragon Blood, but irresistible for fans like me.

N.b, I shelved it both in "shortest" (which each individual scene would be) and "shorter" (novelette-length, which the full sequence is).
Robin Cappello
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little stories

What a group of wonderful short stories! They all include the pond & the duck blind, hence the name, but so many of the characters are included in one way or another. You'll find out how Ridge got that hideous, bullet-hole riddled couch, more about the relationship between Ridge's parents and how Sardelle & Ridge got engaged.
Please,please take the time to read these! You're going to love them too!
John Mulhall
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another fine read but honestly, the flow was interrupted of it was interrupted by the Bonus Scene ## each chapter... it was off putting as the short novella was just 4 chapters so this is a bonus scene of ?? I read the novels and understand the context after stopping and figuring it out ergo the disruption. Outside of it been a tad short, it was tell written and highly engaging by chapter... worth a read especially if you are reading the main series of novels which are a 5 star treat!
Barbara Sykeshaha
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very nicely done Ms. Buroker.

I enjoyed the proposal, and the thoughts, feelings, you put into wrapping the package. I surely hope that there will be more stories in this series. Duck, Pimples, The King, Ahn, the dragons all deserve equal time for adventures, battles, love. Get cracking lady, lots of stories to tell. Your readers eagerly await your storytelling prowess!
Liza
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining bonus scenes - Ridge is thinking about proposing to Sardelle and so asks various friends how and where he should pop the question. Of course, the proposal doesn't happen in the ways that they suggest. Nice characters, nice story.
Evelyn Colvin
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Proposal

I choose this book because i wanted to read more about Ridge and Sardle. I'm very happy that the author choose to have them propose to each other. I would recommend this series to everyone.
Wade
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Fowl Proposal Bonus Scenes

This is a wonderful addition to the series Dragon Blood. It is interesting to look into the minds of the various characters and watch as this carries the series onward.
Amyiw
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun view of Ridge getting advice and eventually the proposal that comes from said advice. All of the discussions happen at his duck blind, which instead of hunting ducks, everyone feeds them.
Alison
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story

A fun aside about Ridge and Sardelle. Just a short story of the two of them. No action, just a
BridgetT
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible, 2017
These bonus scenes were provided at the end of the audible edition of SOULBLADE. Cute snippets.
Ruth
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice

Thanks for this together on here for us ebook readers ,a nice funny interlude with some love charecters. If you like steampunk you should give this series a go.
Rinelle Grey
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Very cute extra scenes. I love the little extras that really flesh this world out.
Ken Bookmyer
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't duck this fine tail

It's very short but a fun interlude on what is mostly a high action series. Nobody dies not a single airship brought down.
Joanne Pilkiw
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Loved this little diversion, wow what a proposal. Glad they finally got round to it, now onto the next book, do not want this story to end.
Liz Wood
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny

Two of the scenes were more ideas, but the last of the three tales was wonderful.
I liked them, as usual, a lot.
Susan
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun

I am di glad these were written up!! They made me giggle and sigh. Men can be silly. Just do it already!!! 😉😊😂
Debra Novotny
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful little stories

Quick fill in stories. Each took me a short time to read. Perfect right before bed. I recommend you read them before moving on to Book 8
Anita
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I needed to read this before I started the Heritage of Power series. I found it mentioned in the notes of the last book.
Ron Bailie
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
A nice easy read that fits in with the other books and fills in some of the blanks. Should be read prior to the actual wedding.
Arthur Rank
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just lovely 🥰

It’s so hard to find great adventure without all the ‘gritty’ stuff which is supposed to make it more real. This is so lovely and warms the heart. I loved it.
Sam Allen
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Tidied up a few loose ends.
Chris Jackson
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet

These small scenes showed what goes through every man's head when they are thinking of proposals and having family comment on their relationship
Les Coumbs
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Delightful insights

A truly unusual view of several quirky characters, full of colour, always entertaining and with all the authors insight and her delightful sense of humour.
Joan Wheeler Showell
Ok

It was kind of sappy but necessary. You have to have the proposal experience between these two or it would feel like something big had been left out of the story...

• The Ravenglass Chronicles, Episodes One to Eleven (The Ravenglass Chronicles #1-11)
  • The Complete Gargoyle and Sorceress Boxset
  • Sagitta (Star Guardians, #3)
  • The Tracker's Dilemma (Mandrake Company #6)
  • Hierax (Star Guardians, #4)
  • Dragon Mage Academy The Complete Series: Books 1-7 Box Set
  • The Assassin's Salvation (Mandrake Company, #3)
  • Prodigy (13 Covens, #1)
  • Star Rebels: Stories of Space Exploration, Alien Races, and Adventure
  • Abyss (Return of the Elves, #5)
  • Brindle Dragon Boxed Set: Complete Series Books 1 - 9
  • The Physicians of Vilnoc (Penric and Desdemona, #8)
  • Summernight: A Tale of Fantasy and Magic (Bridge of Legends Book 1)
  • The Buried World (The Grave Kingdom, #2)
  • The New Elite (The Exceptional S. Beaufont Book 4)
  • Con Living (EarthCent Universe Book 3)
  • Ariston (Star Guardians, #6)
  • The Innkeeper Chronicles, Volume 1 (Innkeeper Chronicles #1-3)
I'm a full-time indie fantasy and science fiction author. When I'm not writing, I'm ferrying my dogs to hiking trails for adventures.

Dragon Blood (8 books)
  • Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood, #1)
  • Deathmaker (Dragon Blood, #2)
  • Blood Charged (Dragon Blood, #3)
  • Patterns in the Dark (Dragon Blood, #4)
  • The Blade's Memory (Dragon Blood, #5)
  • Raptor (Dragon Blood, #6)
  • Soulblade (Dragon Blood, #7)
  • Oaths (Dragon Blood, #8)

News & Interviews