Start by marking “WWE 50” as Want to Read:
WWE 50

WWE 50

Now a New York Times Best Seller, WWE 50 gives you the behind-the-scenes knowledge and provides a definitive slam-by-slam look at the worldwide wrestling phenomenon.

Get detailed histories on all your favorite wrestlers from the 60s and 70s right up to today's WWE stars and on the great partnerships, tag teams and stables from WWE history. From the Hardcore Champion to the
Published May 10th 2016 by DK (first published March 31st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about WWE 50, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about WWE 50

Brandon
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
World Wrestling Entertainment just surpassed their fiftieth anniversary and what better way to celebrate their history than with a massive coffee table book! Author Kevin Sullivan (no, not that Kevin Sullivan) takes the reader from the promotion’s early beginnings as Capitol Wrestling Corporation to the boom period of the 1980s, to the envelope-pushing programming of the late 1990s, all the way to the global media presence they are today.

Full color splash photos coupled with rare shots of items
Theo Girvan
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vincent Kennedy McMahon
Travis
I bought this book on a whim at a bookstore. I was chasing my 1.5 year old son through the store when the big shiny golden "WWE" logo on the cover caught my eye. So the book's cover definitely is eye catching, and the inside is just nice to look at. There are tons of big colorful pictures throughout. Some picture choices and locations do seem somewhat arbitrary, though, as they don't always add anything to the words and only feel loosely connected. The huge page size adds to the epic feel of the ...more
Katherine
Would loved to have seen a full memorial section, although it did mention Chris Benoit and Owen Hart. A must see book for wrestling fans!
Ben Atwood
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting history on WWE

Great starting point for those looking to get a brief and picturesque overview of WWE history. invested fans will get a kick out of it for sure.
John Smith
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good overview of the history of WWE.
Mike
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun look back for fans of wrestling across the ages. Great photos, some cool stories behind big moments and characters. Slight demerits for being a little too laudatory of WWE's place in history (granted, it's their publication, but still) and for the staunch refusal to admit that the WWE was once the WWF - I know they lost the ridiculous court case against the World Wildlife Fund, but it's weird to have the WWF moniker basically erased from history.
Chico
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nostalgic for any Wrestling fan
Cass Novosel
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'WWE 50' by Kevin Sullivan is a wonderful book that gives you a visual and written account of the fifty year history of the WWE. It shows you in-depth what the WWE was, is, and forever will be. This book is full of facts, pictures, and actual comments from stars in the WWE. This book is great if you want to learn more about the WWE in the beginning, in the golden age, the attitude era, and present. I thought this book was extremely helpful and taught me more about the WWE. This book shows you wh ...more
Cash
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It really is interesting, but of course you get a somewhat skewed view as to what happened. I particularly liked the quotes from different wrestlers/personalities talking about particular things as they actually had some negative things to say where it was warranted. If you're a big wrestling fan, check it out. I personally prefer the Midnight Express Scrapbook though.
Eleanor
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WWE are 50 years old and have brought this Excellent (Giant) Book out to celebrate the history. To look back and review the last 50 years.
This is a little Guilty pleasure for me and I Really enjoyed looking and reading through this book.
Kurt Zisa
Nice coffee table book with great pictures and archives of WWE History. Somewhat incomplete but still an easy and fun romp.
Paul Austin
I really enjoyed the first quarter of the book with the older history stuff. The more recent stuff didn't really hold my interest much.
Kaitlyn Beck
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this book from the moment I started it. The book talks about the history of WWE and how it went through great and tough times.
Tiana
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great look into some of the history of the WWF/WWE. Great for collectors.
Candy
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mostly pictures, but still a good read for a raining day. I did like the photos of inside WWE's corporate headquarters.
Lachie
  • The Squared Circle: Life, Death, and Professional Wrestling
  • Ric Flair: To Be the Man
  • Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps
  • Adam Copeland on Edge
  • National Wrestling Alliance: The Untold Story of the Monopoly That Strangled Pro Wrestling
  • In The Pit With Piper
  • WWE Encyclopedia
  • Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling
  • Bending Toward Justice: The Voting Rights Act and the Transformation of American Democracy
  • Intangiball: The Subtle Things That Win Baseball Games
  • Worse Than the Devil: Anarchists, Clarence Darrow, and Justice in a Time of Terror
A graduate of Fairfield University, Kevin Sullivan began his sports-entertainment career in 1998 when he accepted a position within WWE. Over the course of the next decade, he played an integral role in WWE.com’s content creation process, most recently as the site’s Content Director. He also served as managing editor of WWE’s Raw Magazine.

Sullivan left WWE on a full-time basis in 2008, but continu