Start by marking “Hero is a Man (Glyph Warrior #1)” as Want to Read:
Hero is a Man (Glyph Warrior #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Hero is a Man

(Glyph Warriors #1)

Halcyon is a tattoo artist with a secret. Once a respected academic, she has exiled herself to the slums of Panacea City, to avoid too many questions. After discovering an ancient language that enables her to hack human’s DNA, she has discovered she can change the future of mankind. The human race is now living in dome covered cities that shelter its inhabitants from the ...more
Published (first published February 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Hero is a Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hero is a Man

Start your review of Hero is a Man (Glyph Warrior #1)
Jammin Jenny
I really enjoyed this dystopian fiction story. One of the MCs is a whiz at making glyphs that can enhance various functions of the body. She actually creates one that (view spoiler). If you are a fan of sci-fi or dystopian novels with female heroines and good guys that look like bad guys, then you will probably like this book.
Caitlyn
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is set pretty far in the future which for some reason is always really fun to read. Maybe because it's cool to see what other people think could happen in the future? What big events they can make up?

Two stories are actually told in this book. One at the beginning of each chapter in italics and then the rest of the book is dedicated to Misha and Halycon's story (and supporting characters). Eventually these two stories come together and you find out the connection. My reaction was
Coyora Dokusho
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it! The narrative was kind of choppy, but the characters were super interesting and cool, the plot as well.
Patricia Pike
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book from the moment I picked it up till the time I put it down, and then it stayed in my mind for a while more, teasing me with the characters and themes.
Antony Millen
"Hero is a Man" is the debut novel written by fellow Taumarunui author, Nix Whittaker. It is the first part of her newly launched "Glyph Warrior" series. Once again, reading a local author challenges me to expand my genre horizons, this time venturing into SciFi Romance.

It turns out, this is an opportune read for me as, in my current novel, I am not necessarily endeavouring to write science fiction, but ultimately doing so by setting it in the near future.

The setting for "Hero is a Man"
Carol Nicolas
After the end of the world, people struggle to survive all over the planet. In one colony, Misha is a peaceful man who tries to stay out of trouble. Then he meets Halcyon, a blue haired genius/inventor who has discovered the secret of the glyphs, which give their bearer extraordinary powers. As he tries to protect her from dirty politics, assassins, and drug lords, he finds he is falling in love with her -- something he had never planned on.
The story is interesting, the premise and the world
Claire
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! I could imagine myself in the world from a third person point of view, well written :) Am hanging out for number 2 :)
Lisa
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A confusing story

First let me say that I came to like the story. The double time lines was somewhat confusing but I really came to enjoy the main characters. The concept was interesting enough that I am drawn to read the next book.
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warning *biased* review as this is actually my own book under a pen name.

This is a easy light read where the romance is sweet. Would even be suited for teenagers as there aren't large vocabulary words that would keep a less able reader from appreciating this novel.

Set in the future after the world has managed to put itself back together after global warming has wrecked its havoc. We follow the story of Misha. I like Misha for being a stoic, but a completely reliable person who doesn't get
Dax Munro
Jan 21, 2018
Melissa
rated it did not like it
Jun 18, 2015
Jeffery
Mar 03, 2015
Patricia Pike
Feb 05, 2015
Nix Whittaker is a high school teacher in a small rural town tucked away in the middle of the North Island of New Zealand. She immigrated to New Zealand when she was a young girl from South Africa and had completely embraced the New Zealand life.
She has been writing from a young age when she read all the books available for people her age and was forced to write her own just to feed her voracious

Glyph Warriors (4 books)
  • You can Run (Glyph Warrior #2)
  • Sorrow Also Sings (Glyph Warriors #3)
  • Blind Leading (Glyph Warriors #4)
“I don't really have parents. I have parasitic ancestors who refuse to die."
-Halcyon Smith (Hero is a Man)”
1 likes