Start by marking “Wolf of the Northern Star (The Wolfkin Saga #2)” as Want to Read:
Wolf of the Northern Star (The Wolfkin Saga #2)

Wolf of the Northern Star

(The Wolfkin Saga #2)

Ghost, once known as the cub Luca, is finally home. Back among his kind and learning what it means to be both a man and a shaman, Ghost battles the expectations of his people, his family, and the pressures of a society that is both foreign and familiar. His power is greater than any seen before, dwarfing that of even the legendary Shaman Gray Shadow—and his union with Kane ...more
Kindle Edition, 1, 369 pages
Published June 15th 2017 by SJ Himes

To ask other readers questions about Wolf of the Northern Star, please sign up.
Max Yeah, the date keeps changing. I'm thinking about deleting it from my list, by the time it comes out I will have forgotten what happened in the first …moreYeah, the date keeps changing. I'm thinking about deleting it from my list, by the time it comes out I will have forgotten what happened in the first book.(less)
Mature Content by Megan EricksonA Destiny of Dragons by T.J. KluneAn Unnatural Vice by K.J. CharlesOn Point by Annabeth AlbertOversight by Santino Hassell
June 2017 MM Releases
199 books — 307 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
1,156 books — 1,569 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Wolf of the Northern Star (The Wolfkin Saga #2)
Shin Mon Thway
Reread: 25th May 2018

Reading this series again just confirmed that these books are still standing as my all time favorite paranormal series. The world so rich and the character so vivid and alive! 🌟 These books are the epitome of an author’s creativity coming life at best. 👏 If you like magic, courageous and noble Alpha shifters, kind and passionate and magical shamans, and treachery, backstabbing, politics and intricate storylines, what are you waiting for my friend? Just read this now! 😍

Origin
Deborah
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Re-read 22nd - 24th August 2019
Absolutely brilliant I just can’t get enough of this series and this author.

Original review

I’m completely hooked.

Again I’m late to the party but you can be sure I’m going to be on time for the next one.

This continues on from Wolves of Black Pine (yes that must be read first) and it’s another brilliant read and I’m absolutely thrilled that I’ve finally found a well written well thought out werewolf series.
Honestly I feel like I’ve been looking forever and it’s not o
Barbara➰
Reread November 2018

Have I mentioned that I love this series? Have I mentioned that this is at the top of my mate story list? Have I mentioned that I love Kane and Ghost? Have I mentioned that I need more like right now? Well, if I haven't mentioned all those things before, I have now. I'm sure I will continue to reread this series for years.

Reread May 2018

I would give this 50000 Stars if I could. It was even better the second time. I smiled and I cried. The reunion got me again. I love
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Third re-read: 20.11.2019
I have a couple of questions I hope we get answers to before this series ends. I'll put them in a spoilers tag because some of them are spoilery....

(view spoiler)
Lorraine Lesar
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading the brilliant first book, I knew what to expect, didn't I? No. This second book, blew me away.
My expectations were high. The author met everyone of them. I wanted shine and got brilliance.
What can I add that the other 1,037 other readers on GR alone hasn't already said? Nothing. My only disagreement would be the non 5* reviews. This and the first book, is a 5* read. The author must have King Midas blood running through her veins somewhere, because whatever she writes is gold. 18
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
OMG!! The best!! I hope this series has a very long life. I can't wait for the next installment!

Whether this author is writing as Revella Hawthorne or as S.J. Himes, she has me completely captivated. I am now a huge fan!
Jewel
Wow.... Just wow! I'm looking forward to book 3. Thank FSM this one did not end with a cliffy. Looking forward to Burke's story!!
Christine
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, paranormal
Just when I was ready to give this a 1 star rating the last 5% of the book happens and I find myself struggling between said 1 star and a 5 star just on the strength of the very end!
I couldn’t bring myself to ignore the other 95% that I struggled through though so I went with a 3 star.

This book could have been cut in half. It was very repetitive with the descriptions and details. It became predictable that whenever Andromeda entered a scene you knew there would be some reference to how fearsom
Bo
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough about how awesome this series is. I loved the author's different take on mate bonds. There is quite a bit of action too. I really do think they should've ended Remus sooner. They seemed a little too concerned by human backlash when their people were being killed. I got to understand and like Caius much more in this book. Andromeda kicks so much ass. I love her so much. I cried so much at the beautiful and perfect ending. I can't wait to read more by this author!!
Jenni Lea
There are no words...

Oh, how am I going get beyond this book? This marvelous, marvelous book still has me in its grip. I can't stop thinking about it. I loved it even more than the first book! I am in awe. Just freaking fantastic. I am dumbfounded. I have no words to even begin to describe how much I loved this.

If you haven't read this series yet, I urge you to pick it up now. Gah!
Bev
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟+🌟

This series is blowing me away. Totally! When I started Wolves of Black Pine I had no idea just how addictive this series was going to be or how superbly the author tells a story. And that's exactly what Himes does - tells a story so damn well I'm enthralled.

Wolf of the Northern Star picks up where Wolves of Black Pine ends, and what a pick up! Straight into the action. Kane and Ghost are where they need to be; their relationship is rock solid and I love that the author didn't meddle wit
Dia
4,5 stars rounded up

After finishing Wolves of Black Pine I needed to know what happens next with Kane and Ghost/Luca. It wasn't exactly a cliffhanger but it was close. I was super afraid for them and I had so many scenarios in my head. Well maybe that's why I got a little disappointed with how their trial for violation of Law and blasphemy went. I mean, a big part of the book revolves around this trial, and we do get to see how the traitors are punished, BUT it didn't keep me on the edge of my
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
I am so happy with the way this ended.

I may be a tad bit confused as well but that does not diminish my happy!

This was the perfect wrap up to the ongoing story line from book 1 with the perfect hook at the end to just make me need more!

I can’t wait for more of all the new revelations! There are so many new stories to tell and I am dying for them!

I loved that this book read as two adventures, both equally exciting.

Such a great series and I really can’t wait for more.
Ariana
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the series picks up right where we left book 1.
Ghost and Kane have to go through the anguish of a Tribunal before the issues with the real villains can be sorted.

Again, there’s a lot to like:

- Ghost and Kane in the earlier parts of the book are just delightful.

- I really love some of the secondary characters:
Andromeda, her wisdom and no-nonsense approach in her leadership.
Burke, and his calm and strength, and his solid friendship for Kane.
Sophia, her grit and emancipation in a world
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. The beginning made me think I wasn't going to enjoy this as much as the first, because I was so damn outraged on behalf of Kane and Ghost. But this ended up giving me everything I wanted, even if the path there was definitely not smooth. SJ Himes makes her characters work for their happy but she doesn't torture them, which I really appreciate.

I so loved the world created here. This author always creates a setting that feels real and present and characters that you know and care about
Cadiva
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stunning return for the Wolfkin Saga

This book manages to tie up all loose ends - and add in a few surprises - without ever feeling like it's specifically doing so.

The story continues with wolfkin still missing, Ghost and Kane still facing threats over their soulbond and Simon Remus still trying to genetically engineer his own hybrid super soldiers.

Without revealing any plot points, there were two stand out moments for me in this story and both times Sheena handled them with a deft hand, smoothin
haletostilinski
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally finished this, woot woot!

RTC....

~*~

4.5 stars!

Overall I loved this. I loved getting the conclusion to Ghost and Kane's love story. I loved seeing the story threads from the last book be closed (and some new ones opened up for book three :D).

This is mainly the first half of the book being the "trial" over Ghost's and Kane's soulbond and as well as Roman and Claire's. Ghost and Kane are kept apart somewhat, but it's oh so sweet when they are returned to each other.

The second half is the t
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.5 Stars

I liked the first one, but holy hell this one was amazing. So many tears. Such a good ending. I can't even write up a decently coherent review right now because my face hasn't stopped leaking.

After the epilogue there was a note that the "Wolfkin Saga will continue." I can't even imagine what the next one would entail but I don't even care because I'm gonna read it anyway.
Denise H.
**** Werewolf lovers, this series is for you !****
Book one is fantastic, and book two is even more exciting. Now that we know the characters and their struggles, we are more in tuned, and the events flow seamlessly. I also liked all of the clan names.
We see Instinct. Magic. Strength. Loyalty.

Strong Alphas, brave women, unbreakable pack mates, and the ever present evil ones, keep our attention.
Not everyone likes Alpha Kane and Shaman Ghost's soulbonded mating,

even if it is approved by the God
Tammy
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At this point I’m absolutely speechless with how phenomenal this series was!!😲 if I could I’d give this book a perfect 10 🖐🤚 You can’t even fathom just how perfect this book ended! This will go down as one of my all time favourites!
Theresa
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I never thought the sequel to The Wolves of Black Pine could live up to my expectations, with how much I loved book one, but SJ Himes knocked it out of the park! She picked right up where she left off and within the first chapter I was totally immersed in her world just like I was the first time around. My god how I love Ghost and Kane. These two do crazy things to my heart. The Wolf of the Northern Star continues to give us the rich Wolfkin history that I just can't get enough of. The character ...more
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifters
I am so happy right now.

Review to come.
Rick
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT all around!!!!
Micah
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
What fun this book was. I’m getting invested in the characters and relationships. I typically hate shifter books but this author does such a great job with words I had no problem looking past that. I really enjoy like every thing this author writes and can’t wait for the next installment cause I’m here for it
Kathleen
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it

An interesting mixture of old-style MF romance (which I hate) and kickass apex predators (which I love). I thought the "spiritual" aspect of the story was overdone, but the pack dynamics were well conceived and realized. The first half of the book was a bit mind-numbing, much in the way politics or courtroom drama are to me. Not enough action, in Ghost's head too much, a tendency toward too much tell and not enough show. But about half way through the book, the dam broke and the rescue
Shirley
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Absolutely freaking loved this series it had me completely captivated from word one. I loved Kane and Ghost they were so cute together. I was worried the author was going to rip them apart but I’m glad to say they were stronger than ever. There was a lot of action in this book and I loved the twists and turns……..especially at the end ♥
I really hope we see a lot more from this series as I can’t wait to see what comes next.

Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR LOVE BYTES

I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved this book. In fact, how much I love this series, the characters and the world that SJ Himes has created. There has been a long long wait between book 1 and book 2 and if like me you read Wolves of Blackpine eons ago then I would totally recommend a re-read before you start this one. There were so many small details and nuances of the story that I had forgotten but that made the second book that much richer.

The author drops you in
Monica Vidal
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW! I can’t believe the details and word building of this series. Seriously. I pretty much read the two books in like 4 days and am totally obsessed. Just sad book 3 is not out yet.

Kane and Ghost are so precious and their bond is glorious and they are so in love. I love when the MCs make me cheer for them.

I can’t wait to read the next book and I’m totally hoping we get to see Burke and his new found mate.

Ivy
This sequel is as amazing as Wolves of Black Pine (book 1)
Ghost and Kane had to face the tribunal, prove in front of Greater Alphas and Shamans that their bond is real and not force.
They also have to find Gabe's family, take down Remus and stop the horrendous things that happen to their people.
Tell you, this book is amazing and that I loved every pages, is obvious.
The love between Ghost and Kane is stronger than ever. Ghost with his pur heart , see his kind as it is. Wolves corrupted by their hu
Charlotte
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!

I loved this book!! Everyone has waited a long time for this and trust me when I tell you it won't let you down. I'm not gonna say that much because i don't want to spoil it for you guys but sooo many good things happen 😜 Ghost is his normal funny beautiful self, Kane is still a complete smoking hot badass as well as the rest of the gang and a few surprise new ones!!!! Oops lol
If you haven't started this Series and kickass shifters, at times a heartbreaking plot, an evil you would hunt
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • The Sea (The Knight and the Necromancer #3)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • The Border (The Knight and the Necromancer #2)
  • The Prince's Consort (Bred for Love, #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Wolf Found (The Wolves of Kismet, #2)
  • Poisonwood (Poisonwood & Lyric #1)
  • Wolf Reborn (The Wolves of Kismet, #3)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
I am currently working on BHS#5, a BHS spinoff series, and the second book of the Realms of Love series.

If you have questions for me, and want an answer sooner rather than later, find me on Facebook or Twitter. Social media links on my website, along with a FAQs page for the most common questions I get asked.

Current writing cluster titles are available on my Works in Progress page at my website.

The Wolfkin Saga (2 books)
  • Wolves of Black Pine  (The Wolfkin Saga #1)