Start by marking “Justice, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Justice, Volume 2

Justice, Volume 2

(Justice #2 of 3)

Let Justice Be Done...

...though the heroes fall. The members of the mighty Justice League of America have become victims of the deadliest criminal masterminds of our time. The villains have gained the trust of the general populace, while continuing their true plans for world domination. But the Justice League has had enough, and they are now ready to fight back!

DC pantheon

Published February 21st 2007 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Justice, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice, Volume 2

Start your review of Justice, Volume 2
James DeSantis
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
How come I haven't really heard of Jim Krueger? This dude obviously loves Superheroes, and he handles them really well.

So the last volume we were having all our superheroes losing. Like, really really bad. Hell, this volume starts with Superman STILL getting his ass whooped. Then, luckily, the backups for the Justice League are called in to help. This is a really big moment for some secondary characters, and goes to show how each superhero can be extremely important. The villains take a backsea
Garrett
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Anne
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Volume two is just as amazing as volume one, maybe even better.
The combination of Braithwaite's penciling and Ross' painting makes this a true work of art.
That is not to say that the plot is lacking anything. This really has everything that I love about comics all rolled into one perfect package.
Seriously, the only problem I have is that my library doesn't have volume three. Thank God for Google and Wiki!
If you get a chance to read this one, don't pass it up!
Carlex
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good script and excellent drawings by Alex Ross. You can not ask for more.
Justyn Rampa
Jan 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The promise of the first volume wains here a bit for me as the story devolves into what I feel is a liberal re-hash of two landmark JLA stories, "Identity Crisis" and "Tower of Babel".

Doug Braithwaite writes the intro notes for this volume and he comes across as utterly charming. In fact, I really love his artwork throughout all three volumes. He does a fantastic job balancing realism while adhering to the roots of the characters.

There is also one moment in this volume that bothers the crap out
Sesana
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Volume two brings more of the same of volume one: action, huge stakes, and gorgeous artwork. A very fun read, and even more fun to look at.
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
This one didn’t hold my attention quite as much as the last volume but I have to give credit for how much work went into this. There are so many DC characters featured here that it’s pretty much awe inspiring. Again, this is one of those few arcs deemed “epic” and world changing... and it actually feels epic and world changing.

Ross’ art is gorgeous, as always.

I just wasn’t as entertained as I was reading the last one.
Julio Bonilla
•This is where I learned about Aquaman’s history with Black Manta.
Gavin
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
If Volume 1 was the JLA getting their asses handed to them, this is the bounce back, lead by some of the "B-team" members. However, given the power, I don't know why Captain Marvel is seen as a B-teamer, he takes a whole pile on solo, and wipes the floor with them, making me wonder just how powerful he is in comparison with Superman. There is also the appearance of others, like Ralph Dibny (Elongated Man), Plastic Man [yes this is dumb to have 2 identical men, and they make fun of it themselves] ...more
B. Rule
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first half of this volume lacked clarity in narrative and layout, but it gradually refocuses and becomes a fun throwback, all-star story by the middle. There is a clear love of comics history and Silver Age zaniness here, while updated with a more contemporary sensibility. The multitude of cameos they manage to shoehorn in is amazing, with the Doom Patrol, Metal Men, and the Phantom Stranger all making appearances alongside more typical Justice League players. There is also an embarrassment ...more
Ubalstecha
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
The second volume of this series is by far better than the first. In this one we find out that our favourite heroes have not been killed off by the advancing hordes of bad guys. Instead, they have used their smarts and experience to defeat them and escape. The problem is that they are not smart enough to capture them, as would have happened in a classic Justice League comic or cartoon.

When our heroes reconvene, they discover several things. One, the B-team Leaguers and associate members have beg
Caro
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Ooooh. This was a good one. Tense was my middle name during my reading trance. There was so much that happened. I loved the story and the dialog. I was really feeling this one. I can't wait to read the last volume and see how it all turns out. I am sooo glad I'm reading this now and not when they started coming out. I don't know if I could have stood the suspense of waiting. I definitely wanted to open a can of Ka-Pow on the villains. There were some good twists and turns, some AWESOME moments, ...more
JenRaye
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Alex Ross, the artist for this series is beyond amazing.
Claire
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Beautiful art and a great progression of the story from volume 1.
Owais
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: superhero-comics
It's clear now that Justice is a love letter to the JLA. ...more
Michael
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: loeg-archives
Overall, gotta admit that I enjoyed this story a little more than expected. Parts of it didn't entirely work for me - the ease with which Brainiac's turning humans into robotic life was undone, the literal deus ex machina of Wonder Woman being reborn, anything with Zatanna (sorry - I can't get past the lameness of talking backwards to cast spells, or the anything-goes-except-what-the-writer-doesn't-want aspect of her powers - she can chase Brainiac anywhere, but couldn't say "NamauqA, raeppa" wh ...more
Steve Tetreault
What it's about: DC's heroes fight back against their attackers and start to investigate what has caused the villains to unite and change the usual behavior. Someone is manipulating the heroes, the villains, and perhaps the world's population! The heroes find themselves unable to fight back as the villains put their plans into motion.

The villains' offer of a wonderful new world for the citizens of the world may have some strings attached. And if the heroes can't overcome the bias against them,
Adam Graham
May 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
The second volume of Justice picks up right where the first one left off. DC's first string Justice League in serious peril.

They're helped out in part because the Justice League has an unbelievably deep bench including many people who are second stringers for no logical in-world reason but because marketing and precedents. So that mean Alex Ross is unleashed to paint even more heroes and there's much rejoicing.

The plot deepens as there's a mysterious revelation and then even more questions rais
Sean
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Justice League Fans!
The second volume of the Kruger/Ross/Braithwaite JLA jam gets bogged down by the sheer number of things going on. While the villains' plot becomes more apparent, there are quite a few strange occurrences that aren't plot holes but are too coincidental to ignore. The art is still phenomenal but there were some coloring issues where some panels were too dark. The book is still very good but not nearly as good as the first volume. ...more
Andrew
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
So this is the middle part of the twelve-issue Justice series. There are a lot of fun moments in here. (I won't mention specifics, since some of them are more fun if you don't see them coming.) There's a lot going on here, maybe too much. At this point, I think the series might be a little better with a few less heroes and villains and a little more breathing room. Still, that's a minor complaint. The art continues to be excellent and the story is great fun. ...more
Lavell
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Artwork: Beautiful to look at. Story: ExcellentGreen Lanturn alone in space. Wonder Woman deformed and continuing to go even further. Batman trapped and not being able to do things and this all while the bad guys know their identities. Wow! There are so many plot things that are happening in this story.
Joseph
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Well, this was much better than the volume 1 I thought. This book is about all the primary and secondary Justice League members together to plan against the League of Doom and Brainic. It flowed pretty well and the art work seemed to be better than volume 1. I look forward to volume 3.
Ανδρέας Μιχαηλίδης
Reread it after many years, expecting to be disappointed. In truth, the opening twist is quite good, even though the reveal and resolution are patently superhero-silly.

Beautiful art throughout, though.
Phil Deschler
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Justice League is still in very difficult trouble.
Brent
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of these fine creators and DC superhero comics
Recommended to Brent by: DC Comics
Shelves: comics, superhero, fiction
Intermediate volume of a great big story: Bratithwaite's pencils and Ross's paints are the great pleasure here.
Recommended.
Liv
May 02, 2021 rated it liked it
A little bit slower but still enjoyed it. Villains are everywhere! Second tier Justice league members are showing up! Let’s see how we get to the epic conclusion.
Dion
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Artwork: Still as good as volume 1, just not as iconic throughout.

Story: Still entertaining and engaging, but often lose focus with its plethora of plot lines and character; it's sometimes not clear.
Octavi
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
COJONUDO.
Hans
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
(This review is a collective for all three volumes of Justice)

This comic was both so interesting and so amazing :D
Whilst I carry the general opinion that I prefer Alex Ross' artworks to be on covers or promotional material as opposed to materials (as they are so detailed filled and therefore I find it hard to see what's quickly happening) but I felt in this series, the artwork truly shined!
The storyline was so gripping from point one and even though it required some default understanding of th
Erik
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
In this, the second act of Justice, the world’s greatest superheroes finally manage to fight back against the bad hand of cards dealt out to them by Lex Luthor & Co. However, deception and malevolent intent bubble to the surface when Luthor senses impending doom as a result of his precarious pact with Brainiac. That is, a hunch turns into a strong suspicion that there is a price to be paid for his villainous colleagues’ utopian belief in delivering humanity from evil.

The most powerful aspect of
« previous 1 3 next »

• Crisis on Infinite Earths
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 1: Public Enemies
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 2: Supergirl
  • Superman for All Seasons
  • Trinity, Vol. 1 (Trinity, #1)
  • Green Lantern: Rebirth
  • Superman: Earth One, Volume 1
  • Countdown to Infinite Crisis
  • JLA, Vol. 1: New World Order
  • Infinite Crisis
Jim Krueger is an award-winning filmmaker, video game developer and New York Times best selling comic book author.

Justice (5 books)
  • Justice, Volume 1
  • Justice, Volume 3
  • Amerykańska Liga Sprawiedliwości - JLA: Sprawiedliwość, część 1 (Wielka Kolekcja Komiksów DC Comics, #20)
  • JLA: Justicia, Parte 2 (DC Comics: Colección Novelas Gráficas, #49)

News & Interviews

'Tis the season of the beach read, that herald of summer sun and vacation vibes! Whether you're the type of reader who has very strict rules...