Start by marking “Ravish: The Awakening of Sleeping Beauty” as Want to Read:
Ravish: The Awakening of Sleeping Beauty

Ravish: The Awakening of Sleeping Beauty

3.23  ·  Rating details ·  408 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
An innocent beauty, trapped in sleep . . .

Sheltered from society, Aurora Jacquard has yet to feel the sweet release of physical love. Then, on the night she is about to give in to temptation, she inexplicably falls into a deep coma.

A handsome prince, determined to discover her secrets . .

Jacob White is one of the best neurologists in the world, and he intends to awaken A

Published September 23rd 2008 by Avon Red (first published September 10th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ravish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravish

Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈

Y is for Yardley

Read a book on the bottom of your to-read list.

2 stars

Ok guys, it's time for Jess's annual drunk Christmas review!!

My parents have a big Christmas party every year with friends and we eat lots and lots of food and drink lots and lots of booze. So by the end of the night, I am usually feeling a little tipsy, pretty festive, and quite in the mood to review something. I read this book awhile ago but never got around to reviewing it. I think 2 stars is kinda generous. But usually ge
Delta
More of a horror story than a fairy tale...

Although Ravish: The Awakening of Sleeping Beauty is clearly a very adult adaptation of the "Sleeping Beauty" fairy tale, this story comes across more as a chilling tale of horror in this reader's opinion. It would have been better in novella length, with the plot tighter and faster and with fewer of the repetitious steamy scenes that at times slowed things down.

A good-versus-evil romance...

The heroine, Rory Jaquqard, was intriguing near the end whe
Jenne
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Well this was a different take on Sleeping Beauty, comas, voodoo, doctors and stuffy parents lol. The bedroom scenes were pretty smoking but the rest of the book fell a little short for me. I did like Jacob and Rory but wanted to smack him for not realizing (view spoiler) But that being said it was entertaining enough and ...more
Camille-Dhark Nytmhare
Come on people this IS erotica!!! Don't get it twisted. The ratio of story line to sex is fairly balanced IMHO. This fantasy keeps you engaged in the mystery of sleeping beauty while providing a healthy dose of steamy hot monkey love.

I am a person who loves fairy tales. And erotica. I am gaga over this book because of the novelty of it being an erotic fairy tale. My first one. I would not consider this an erotic romance. But it is pure adult fantasy.
Ravish is about a logical man who is engaged
Torzilla
Mar 14, 2010 rated it did not like it
I REALLY wish there was more character development. Dialogue and reactions are what primarily irked me the most about this tale. Rory, Jacob, and all the secondary characters appeared more 2D than any other book I've read. Not to say that I'm necessarily flaming this book, mind you, but I just find it hard to believe that everyone could live happily ever after when 75% of the book was about sex.

Then again, most of the story was based upon the dream world. Maybe that's why I feel so skeptical abo
Nisha
Jul 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
The surprising thing about this book is that it really isn't too bad. I noticed that there's a lot of people who feel like this was one long sex scene, but its erotica, of course it's mostly sex scenes.

The whole sleeping beauty story is modernized using voodoo magic as the root of the enchantment. The 'Prince', aka Doctor, falls in love with the heroine through sexual dreams while she is in a coma/sleep state. There's a secondary love story with the Doctor's younger brother and a voodoo priestes
Erin Napoleone
Sep 01, 2013 rated it liked it
meh. the story line was interesting. but the sex scenes were dull, repeats really from her other book crave. this reminds me, slightly, of 50 shades and the redundancy of words used and situations replayed. it loses its appeal. loses its sexiness when you can expect what will happen. it's not erotic when you can predict how the scene will play out because two pages before, it has already happened. like I said, meh.
Sophie
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-reads
Started this book on the reviews I had read on here. It didnt even take me 24 hours to read it although I did skim read parts of it. I know its fiction but it was still a little 'out there' for my taste. Theres no denying, theres alot of sex in this book and sometimes it did get a little samey other parts of it were quite hot. A quick read and you dont necessary get invested in the characters so i have given it 2 stars.
Oh Mel
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Ravish: The Awakening of Sleeping Beauty is the third book of these fairy tales inspired books. As with the other two books, I found myself more interested in the story than the romance/steam between the two characters.
Marissa
Jan 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
The plot was a good idea, however that is quickly overshadowed by the fact that most of the book is about sex and the plot is peppered in between the sex scenes.
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Hades (Andrews, Russell)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Dead (Guardians of the Dark, #2)
  • Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Erotic Fairy Tales
  • Enchanted Again
  • King of the Godfathers
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
  • The Battle for Gotham: New York in the Shadow of Robert Moses and Jane Jacobs
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)
  • Vampire Trinity (Vampire Queen, #6)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Blind Man's Alley
  • Demon Lover (Fairytale Fantasies #2)
  • Hunter's Moon
  • Too Wicked To Kiss (Scoundrels & Secrets, #1)
  • Bound, Branded, & Brazen
A few random facts about me:

I am a fiction addict.

I love J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts, Jim Butcher, J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, Stephen King, Jennifer Crusie, Marian Keyes, J.K. Rowling, and a slew of other authors.

I have been known to stay up all night to finish a new novel. I don't so much read as devour.

I am an out of
More about Cathy Yardley...