Start by marking “Mating the Omega (Mercy Hills Pack #1)” as Want to Read:
Mating the Omega (Mercy Hills Pack #1)

Mating the Omega

(Mercy Hills Pack #1)

Omega wolf Jason and his family have been on the run for six years to keep Jason from being forcefully mated to his pack’s cruel Alpha. When a brutal attack leaves his father desperately injured, Jason comes to the conclusion that it’s time to call it quits. Terrified as he is to deliver himself into an Alpha’s power, he makes a deal to mate with the Alpha of the richest p ...more
Published April 7th 2016 by Ann-Katrin Byrde

To ask other readers questions about Mating the Omega, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mating the Omega

Shin Mon Thway
I think Ann-Katrin Byrde is a real rarity among her fellow authors who write similar genre because she’s literally the only author that have come across in my path who writes Mpreg stories which are not heavy on the smut but heavy on the plot. 😁 I noticed it the first time when I listened to her Oceanport Omega series on audio and this series was definitely the same. 🙂 Despite being set in a shifter world which co-exists peacefully with humans and is rich with the diversity of alphas, omegas, b ...more
Tanu Gill
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
It was quite an enjoyable read. The characters are well-written, the story arc has been explained well, the plot is quite thought out, and even the secondary characters have a lot of depth. The relationship development between Jason and Mac could have used some work, because there was all action and no communication. But I guess the action scenes implied at the growing affection between them, so I am willing to let it go.

I was happily engrossed in the story right from the beginning. I liked the
Susan
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, mm
I’m used to the writing in mpregs being… well, nog that good. Mostly it’s head hopping, massive amounts of insta-love and sex scenes around every corner.

But…. the writing in this wasn't all bad. Just very boring . The reason I read shifter mpreg is because I love the overly sappy cases of insta love, the growls, the MINE! We get none of that here. So even though the writing was pretty decent, there was an actual storyline, and there is no insta love whatsoever… this was also pretty boring…

description

Give m
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I liked the premise, and I was into the story until about the halfway mark, but once Jason met Mac the story fizzled. Jason's POV is in the first-person, while Mac's is in the third, so the transitions between chapters were kind of clumsy.

Also, this is more of an action story, what with Jason being chased by thugs hunting him down for an evil alpha who wants Jason's True Omega powers.

I didn't feel the connection between Mac and Jason, and the ending was crazy abrupt. Jason gets attacked by the
Meags
3.5 Stars

This was one of those books I walked away from thinking, “yeah, I enjoyed that,” but then I went and read the reviews of a few very trusted GR buddies who took issue with a couple of things and it made me contemplate some story elements I hadn’t considered along the way. It didn’t make me second guess myself, as my rating stayed intact, but it did make me reflect on a few things that hadn’t really occurred to me while I was reading.

For me, this story starts off really well, following ni
Borderstar
Good little story that was surprisingly well-written! I went in thinking a bit of fluff...and whilst it is to an extent, there was actually a decent story in there too I thought. I liked the writing style and it was easy to get into, the characters were also likeable enough…although I do think some of it felt a bit rushed.

There was definite insta-lust going on and the length of the book maybe made everything seem a bit rushed towards the end? The final chapter read almost like an Epilogue and co
Jenni Lea
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mpreg, growl-and-howl

Good little shifter-fluff-with-mpreg-plus-KNOTTING story, now with bonus plot!
books_and_brew

Meh...

Not my favorite MPreg or MM Shifter story. It seemed a bit immature in a way and while I realize Omegas are naturally submissive, I would have liked to have seen Jason in a stronger role. For me, I think the main issue was that I wanted more. More description, more sex, more background story, more of the budding romance between Mac and Jason and also more world-building.

We just got the bare minimum on everything and it felt like it was incomplete. I will not be continuing this series.

On
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
This review can also be found at https://shansbookshelf.wordpress.com

3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐

Mating The Omega is the first book in the Mercy Hills Pack by Ann-Katrin Bryde. It falls under the genre m/m fantasy romance.

This book was defiantly different not bad different or anything just well .. Different. I can honestly say I've never read anything like it before. Yes it was m/m romance and I've read loads of them and yes it was about wolf shifters; I've also read books with shifters, but no I've never read a
Chanty
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Jason is an Omega on the run. His father is helping him, but gets injured. So Jason decides it's time to quit running. He offers himself to an Alpha, which he hopes will treat him well. Luckily for him, the Alpha is great. Just not that interested in Jason. The Alpha's Head of Security is interested. But it takes a little push to get them together. I liked the story and immediately continued to the second one. Unfortunately I had to give that one up.

When you read this book it seems like a HEA. B
Christy
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having recently discovered the writings of Ann-Katrin Byrde, it was a no-brainer in my mind to go looking at her backlist. Considering she writes paranormal shifters with mpreg, a favorite genre and trope of mine, I knew I'd find more of her books to enjoy. The description for 'Mating the Omega', her first book in the 'Mercy Hills Pack' series, had me more than intrigued so I was happy to dig in.

Jason and his dad have been on the run from their old pack alpha for six years. Jason is a True Omega
BWT (Belen)
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was ok

A/B/O AU with mpreg, some mentioned knotting, different main character POV, and a HFN.

I found myself off kilter with this from almost the beginning because of the accents in the narration (more on that later) and because of the truly odd, to me, shift between Omega wolf shifter Jason's first person POV to Alpha wolf shifter Mac's third person POV.

I did like the way that the mpreg was handled (don't worry - no ass babies!), and how omega discrimination was set up and there is some intere
Lilia Ford
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
3.5

Another highly readable shifter Alpha/omega story. I've read this basic plot quite a few times--frequently in books I DNF--but somehow this felt fresh and intelligent. Byrde's got a gift for avoiding annoying contrivances, formulas, and lame-ass crap in her shifter stories, which makes her a goddess worthy of worship for us poor addicts. Her stories manage to feel sweet and healthy without being sappy or dumb. She's clearly interested in undermining the usual Big Dominant Alpha, sweet, submi
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
This was a very interesting read. It had a much deeper meaning than I was expecting. It touches on some serious subjects. To me, how omegas and shifters as a whole were treated is very reminiscent of women's rights and discrimination against people of color. Like I said, much deeper than I was expecting yet very engaging.
Eugenia
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifter, paranormal, mm
This book was interesting enough to keep me listening. So maybe it wasn’t quite a 2 star rating. But, parts dragged. The world building was lacking, although what was there proved interesting. And then it just ended. Oops, no exit here. That left me feeling unfulfilled.

There was one major mating scene with knotting. Other than that, most of the sex was off page. The narration was great, the book, not so much. I don’t think I’ll invest more time in this series.
Leaundra
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars rounded up to 5. I really enjoyed this one. I liked how their shifter word was a little different. I thought both Jason and Mac were so sweet together. I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series.
Mimi
I really liked her take on the mpreg genre.
Line
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Started out well, but the ending felt rushed and... Incomplete?! Yeah, something was off for me.
HJ
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, pnr
KOLL

M-preg shifters. Not bad, but just okay.
Sakina Carter
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good make your heart happy kind of book. It wasn't too heavy and is a quick cute read.

I thought Jason was adorable.

The ending though I didn't get. It was rushed and had no real ending, I hope this storyline is continued in the next book.
Finnegan
Cute, fluffy, turned a few stereotypes around, but ultimately a bit bland and totally forgettable. This is a great book to read in between two heavy hitters, when your heart and mind need to recover a bit.
Rachel Emily
This book was a pleasant surprise! I read a lot of m/m mpreg alpha/omega stories (it's like crack, I swear!) but many are not written well. And many are like 15 pages and basically PWP.

I was definitely surprised by the quality and the quantity of story with this, I really loved the characters. There was emotion, romance with some sweet moments and some sexy ones, a real relationship between Jason and Mac, and other characters that I'm interested in reading about, too.

At the same time, I do thi
Kelly H. (Maybedog)

I don't understand why I'm suddenly into these mpreg books when before I'd hated them. Maybe it's because these are explaining it and they aren't usurping women. Plus they're very tender and caring.

This world building is fantastic and interesting and unusual.

I'm glad there was a little danger at the end. I would have liked more, but even that small amount it made the book better.

Darlene
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent shifter book. This is the first book of the series and well worth the read!
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
I like a good shifter story.
I don't mind Mpreg stories.
I did like the protagonist Jason in the story.
I didn't like that we didn't get enough world building in the world of the Mercy Hill Pack.
I don't like when characters who are major players like Jason's father in the beginning just kind of disappear when the lovers meet.
I did like the overall story and I do want to thank Book-Buddy Teetee for referring this book to me.
I didn't like the ending per se. I thought it was rushed or better yet too
Cheryl
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, were-something, meh
When I started reading this, I was pleased that it was a bit different from the other wolf shifter books I've read. A father and son, running from their pack and an abusive alpha who wants the omega for himself. Jason is frightened of his old alpha and will do whatever it takes, to avoid being returned to him, including offering himself to the alpha of another pack. There's a great story here and you can't help but wonder whether or not Jason will end up back with his tormentor, while hoping he ...more
Hc
Omega who isn't a total pushover.. perfect. Otherwise, hello.... borrrriiiinnnggg.

In this world, shifters are known but.. not to say subservient to humans just quite.. but humans are firmly in charge. This is certainly different cus shifters are almost always portrayed as stronger than humans so for them to NOT be the dominate species certainly makes it a little different.

My interest has been piqued to see where this is heading. I actually kept looking at page numbers thinking this was going to
Daphne
Oct 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-books, m-m-read

For a mmpreg shifter book, this was good! That sounded like a backhanded compliment and I don't mean it that way. I just mean that in this category, this book stands out because it's more nuanced and the characters were more developed than others in this category. Jason was scrappy, tough but also still had his omega-type characteristics. Mac was less developed but he was a good egg, and that was enough. My main beef here is that the book just stopped. It felt unfinished, like it neede
Teetee
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: para-mm-shifters
A sweet enjoyable shifter book that is well written, a lovely chance of pace for the genre. Rather enjoyed the world building which is fleshed out even more in book 2 (which is about double in size to this one). Loved tough but tender Jason, the clichéd omega who's chock full of attitude but trying to be a good omega. Mac was his sweet counterpart, determined to make give up Jason to his alpha even though Mac wants him for himself. Again the world building is great and this is a great start to a ...more
Becky
Apr 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This started off strong, kept going and then seemed a bit rushed to end. It had a good conclusion that didn't leave you hanging but it felt as though there were about 5 pages of book that had been ripped out and lost and I was left wondering, 'but what happened to that guy?'

Nevertheless an enjoyable read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• My Life is not a Horror Movie, Derek (I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek, #2)
  • Werewolf's Way (Chronicles of the Shifter Directive #1)
  • The Alpha's Choice (Lost Omegas, #2)
  • Taken (Dragon's Egg #1)
  • Protecting Pippen (Wolf's Mate, #4)
  • Tiny Houses
  • Soul Mate for Sale (The Omega Auction Chronicles, #1)
  • Rock Star Baby (Bad Oak Boys, #1)
  • The King's Command (Bred For Love, #2)
  • First Omega (River Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Red River (Pack, #2)
  • His Verum Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #8)
  • Pretty Poison
  • Scorch (Dragon's Destiny: Fated Mates #2)
  • The Alpha King (Kingdom of Askara #1)
Ann-Katrin Byrde is a writing duo comprised of Ana J. Phoenix and Kate Lowell. As a team they strive to bring you the best mpreg stories they can. They both love to write, read and dream. In their spare time, you can often catch them hunting wild plot bunnies in the fields of their imagination.

(Source: Amazon.com)

Mercy Hills Pack (9 books)
  • Abel's Omega (Mercy Hills Pack #2)
  • Duke's Baby Deal  (Mercy Hills Pack #3)
  • The Omega's Alpha (Mercy Hills Pack #4)
  • Legally Mated (Mercy Hills Pack #5)
  • Omega's Flight (Mercy Hills Pack #6)
  • Omega's Heart (Mercy Hills Pack #7)
  • Sanctuary (A Tale from the Mercy Hills Universe)
  • Lone Wolf's Omega (A Tale from the Mercy Hills Universe)