Start by marking “The Architect of Song (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Architect of Song (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #1)

The Architect of Song

(Haunted Hearts Legacy #1)

A lady imprisoned by deafness, an architect imprisoned by his past, and a ghost imprisoned within the petals of a flower – intertwine in this love story that transcends life and death.

For most of her life, Juliet Emerline has subsisted – isolated by deafness – making hats in the solitude of her home. Now, she’s at risk to lose her sanctuary to Lord Nicolas Thornton, a my
Published August 15th 2016 by Golden Orb Press

To ask other readers questions about The Architect of Song, please sign up.
A.G. Howard This title will be available both as an e-version and as a paperback. However, only the ebook is available for preorder (https://www.amazon.com/Archit…moreThis title will be available both as an e-version and as a paperback. However, only the ebook is available for preorder (https://www.amazon.com/Architect-Song...).

The paperback will become available for purchase on the official release date: August 15, 2016.(less)
A.G. Howard Hi! Although there are a lot of erotica-themed new adult books, it's not officially a requirement for the genre. The only requirement is to have disco…moreHi! Although there are a lot of erotica-themed new adult books, it's not officially a requirement for the genre. The only requirement is to have discoveries about sexuality along with finding one's footing as an adult. The book doesn't necessarily have to have explicit sex scenes in order to accomplish those things.

My series wouldn't be categorized as erotica (it's nothing like 50 Shades of Grey), but it does have sensual undercurrents since the story-lines and characters are more mature. It also contains more intimate scenes -- steamy with a side of emotional stakes -- than my young adult books would.

But it's not as graphic as some new adults are, because it leans more toward literary than traditional romance. I hope that answered your question! :)(less)

Start your review of The Architect of Song (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #1)
A.G. Howard
Mar 27, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is book one in my New Adult historical literary romance series with paranormal elements, slated to launch in August 2016.

Please note: There are significant differences between my new adult (NA) novels and my young adult (YA) reads. I've listed the four most noteworthy ones for quick reference:

(1) Origins: Unlike my YA stories, my NA series is not spun-off or based-on any classical novels or fairytales. The world/setting/characters/canon/origins are unique and completely my own.

(2)
C.G. Drews
Being a rabid fan of Splintered and A.G. Howard in generally, I was 100% DESPERATE AND DYING to read this book. Very apt of me since this is about a ghost. (Hahha, get it? Dying to read....about a ghost?? Shh I'm hilarious.) It did take me a while to get into the story, and admittedly: Historical Fiction isn't my favourite. But the last 50% was amazing and I COULD NOT STOP READING.

Basically it's a period drama / ghost story. Which suits me JUST FINE because I love ghost stories. Also fun fact: I
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Finally read it. Just didn’t do it for me.

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
***************

My September Lit-Cube box

Nouf *LostinFantasy*
Actual rating: 3.5/5 stars. (Rounded to three Goodreads stars even though I might change to four later - undecided)

Okay, so this book pretty much consumed me for the past couple of days. I could not put it down until I got all the answers to this captivating and romantic ghostly mystery.

The story revolves around three characters who are closely connected in a pretty complicated way that reveals itself as the story goes on. Our main character Juliet Emerline, is a girl who's just lost her
Wendy Higgins
Oh my goodness!! I am blissed out from the beauty of these words.
Breathtaking and romantic.
Stacee
I just adore Anita's words and this was just as perfect the second time around.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An ARC of this title was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own. This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I was offered a review copy of The Architect of Song and being a hard-core fan of A.G. Howard's Splintered series, I couldn't say yes fast enough. This is her first "new adult" novel and it's historical fiction with ghosts and baronets and an orphaned protagonist and it's very reminiscent of Crimson Peak , which I just recently watche
Maria
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Candace Robinson
I really liked this one. I normally don't like books with ghosts, but this one worked for me. I liked that the main character was deaf, and I also liked the mystery of the story. I liked being able to guess what was going to happen. Now the love triangle was odd not because one was a ghost, but I still give it a five because I just love the era and the atmosphere! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20... ...more
Steysha Kravits
Mar 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 30%

Insta-insta-insta-love, stupid as hell Mary-Sue and a ghost-pervert. I don`t really care about the plot, because every page made me raise my brows so high that I started to worry it`ll leave permanent wrinkles.
I get that the MC`s deaf, and the ghost was the only, ahem, person she could hear, but come fucking on. The fist time she met him she was naked in a bath tube. What would be your reaction if you saw a ghost? Don`t know about you, but the only thing she was curious about was whe
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
This book needs more than 5 stars!!!! Omg it was so good! It was beautiful! I need more now!!!!
Sabrina
Checkout my full review on my blog!! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

This book was absolutely beautiful. From the first page I knew I would love The Architect of Song. The writing was haunting, tormenting and lush, all in one. Each word, phrase was intricately crafted to create a dark telling of a tragic love story that goes beyond death. This book is perfect.

This book consumed me for a week. I could have finished it in one day but The Architect of Song was so achingly beautiful that I h
monica kim
The book overall was fun and I really liked the mystery, however the last chapter was cringey af. I also need to see if I can find some own voices reviews of it because I question how some of the rep was written.
Stephanie (Bookfever)
 photo THE ARCHITECT OF SONG_zpsnqgykzbo.jpg

This book was gorgeous, simply gorgeous. I had high expectations and I'm so glad they were all met. I knew this was going to be a great read but it still took me by surprise in the best way possible.

The heroine of this book, nineteen-year-old Juliet Emerline was really interesting and I liked her so much. As the summary says, she is quite isolated by her deafness until she risks losing her home to Lord Thornton. A lot of mystery surround him as well as a ghost of an young English nobleman t
Tracy (Cornerfolds)
Read more of my reviews at Cornerfolds.com!

Initial reaction:

A.G. Howard is hands down one of my top 5 favorite authors and her books are on my auto buy list! I adored her Splintered series SO much that I would basically read her grocery list. When I saw that A.G. was going to be releasing the first book in a new adult series, I knew I had to have it!! I will admit... I had no idea what this book was even about when I requested a copy. I saw the cover, saw the author, and dived right in!

As it tur
Kristen
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts:
This book was so, so beautifully done. I’m a long time fan of Howard’s work and this did not disappoint in any way. I loved the characters, story and pacing. This novel was in essence a ghost story. I’ve not had the best of luck lately with ghost stories but this one was exactly what I’ve been looking for.

The main character, Juliet, was so easy to relate to and I found her voice wonderful. I had no problems getting into the story and her headspace. The loss of her mother was so poig
La La
Twists, turns, and gorgeous prose! I will say A G. Howard is the only author who can make love triangles palatable for me, and you all know how I deeply loathe them. Although this is a period story she still managed to shine a light on her love of fashion. If you like classics like Jane Eyre, you will love this book.

Please don't be turned away by the NA (New Adult) classification because the intimate scenes are steamy, but not explicit.

FULL BLOG REVIEW: lalatoadstone.blogspot.com/2017/01/ra...

I
Charlie Holmberg
My first A.G. Howard book and I loved it! Can't wait to read more of her works. I've been looking high and low for an author who writes romantic fantasy that hits the steam level I like, and voila! Howard, you beautiful goddess, thank you for giving me a great read!
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Full review on The Bent Bookworm!*~

This book totally surprised me. I was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, though I was hoping I would. So I was delighted when this was my initial reaction:

Yep. This was one giant dark truffle of deliciousness. I started it one day, and about two chapters in decided I wanted to just sit down and devour it all in one go, so I waited for a weekend day and did just that.

First of all, don’t go into this book expecting something it’s not. This is a gothic
Britt
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-authors
Let's talk about the Architect of Song shall we? I was very impressed with this story in general. I am not familiar with the Phantom of the Opera which the story is loosely based on. That being said it was very easy to get lost in this amazing yet slightly macabre world. I love that she went with a more historical tale as well. It was obvious that she did her research cause the imagery I got while reading seemed to suit this story to a tee. From the very beginning I felt that creepy macabre vibe ...more
Pili
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anita Howard is one of my auto buy authors and every book of hers reinforces this more and more!
The Architect of Song is a perfect example of a brilliantly done gothic novel. Atmospheric, enticing and absolutely captivating!

The writing is as vivid and visual as it was in her previous books and it paints us clearly both settings and characters without bogging down the narrative.

Very soon we are completely enthralled by the mystery and Juliet's experience through it all. Given Juliet's disability
Bethany Crandell
Same gorgeous prose you've come to love in AG's YA novels, spiced-up a bit in this stunning, historical NA read.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Beautifully written story with amazing characters, suspenseful mystery, and epic romance!

Opening Sentence: Melancholy.

Excerpt: No

The Review:

Nineteen year old Juliet has lived a quiet life with her mother but recently her mother passed away and it has left Juliet devastated! Ever since she was a child Juliet has been deaf and it has caused her to feel awkward in social settings! She would love nothing more then to live out her life in her childho
Jessica | Booked J
Blog | Twitter | Instagram

If you’re new to my reviews and don't know, let me catch you up to speed: I am in love with words written by A.G. Howard. I mean. Obviously. There, I said it. I’m almost positive that I would read an instruction manual titled How to Unclog Your Toilet With Your Pinky Finger if A.G. Howard wrote it (although, Anita, please don’t take this as an invitation to write said instructions--that was a weird statement even for me and I am sure I should talk to a therapist about i
Guadalupe
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4,5 / 5

OMG!! A. G. Howard did it again, she made me cry, laugh, smile and suffer. This story is simply wonderful. I couldn't help but falling in love with the story, with the characters... with everything!

It's a must read for everyone!!
Jessica Nelson
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the moment I read this book, I loved it. Enraptured by the gothic landscape, the lush and haunting prose, and the memorable, unique characters. One of my favorite romances!!!
Sabrina
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read, well more like listened to this book. the Architect of Song was my first audiobook and man was it ever stunning

For the storyline itself, this book was yet another stunning enchantment created by A.G. Howard. I fell in love with all the characters. The story itself flowed beautifully and kept my interest locked in. Each secret that unfolded was crafted with such delicacy. Overall I was amazed.

As for the Narrator, I was completely speechless. She did a fantastic job at executing the story
Marie
 photo Architect-of-Song-AG-Howard-SweetMarie83_zpsxgf1nsjg.png

Find this and other reviews at Ramblings of a Daydreamer.

I try really hard not to set my expectations too high with books anymore because I feel like I’m often disappointed when I built a book up in my mind. That being said, after reading Splintered and Unhinged by AG Howard, I couldn’t help but get excited and set high hopes when I read the synopsis and saw the gorgeous cover for The Architect of Song. Once I started reading, I knew within a few chapters that I was right to get excited abou
Marguerite
All of the stars. All of my heart.

The Architect of Song is such a beautiful book, A.G Howard has outdone herself with the stunning prose, intriguing story and wonderful characters. I went into this book expecting a lot (I am a huge fan of the Splintered series) and not only did this book deliver, but it exceeded everything I had hoped or anticipated that it would be. In short, this has become a favourite and certainly one of my favourite reads of the year.

Juliet is a wonderful heroine - a perfe
Lisa Mandina
I don't know exactly where to begin, I just loved this book so much! Once again Howard has created a vivid, wonderfully complex world that I lost myself in right away. The characters were intriguing, and even with the seriousness of the story and mystery, you still get some humorous dialogue, something that is a big plus in a story for me! Juliet is a strong female character for the time period the story takes place in. She is able to get by even with being deaf, although she does need the help ...more

• La crêperie des petits miracles
  • Between Burning Worlds (System Divine, #2)
  • La librairie des rêves suspendus
  • The Enchanted Sonata
  • Cuando reescribamos la historia
  • Moonlight (Dark Guardian, #1)
  • Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1)
  • The Cruel Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #1)
  • Blade (Phoenix Ashes #1)
  • Harper & Knox (Whispered Reviews, #1)
  • The Age of Witches
  • Without Rival: Embrace Your Identity and Purpose in an Age of Confusion and Comparison
  • On the Isle of Sound and Wonder
  • Father of Dragons (Binding of the Blade #4)
  • The Antidote
  • Drawn to the Alpha (Alphas in Heat #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • 100 % Bio - La mythologie grecque, vue par deux ados
#1 New York Times and International bestselling Author of gothic / fantasy & paranormal tales, mystical & romantic with a side of horror. A.G.'s dark Alice in Wonderland inspired Splintered series has been published in over a dozen languages.

Young adult, Adult, and literary romance. Repped by Jenny Bent.

How A.G. Howard rates books on GoodReads:

"I only rate or review books I enjoyed reading, and w

Haunted Hearts Legacy (4 books)
  • The Hummingbird Heart (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #2)
  • The Glass Butterfly (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #3)
  • The Artisan of Light (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #4)

News & Interviews

“Love enters a man through his eyes, a woman through her ears.” 4 likes
“Love is inside each of us... a dormant seed. Once it has been planted, whether in the soils or the fallows, it will take root and either flourish to something beautiful and dramatic, or grow dormant, content in its stasis. But there’s no right or wrong season for it to bloom.” 0 likes