Start by marking “A Child's First Book of Trump” as Want to Read:
A Child's First Book of Trump

A Child's First Book of Trump

A New York Times bestseller!

What do you do when you spot a wild Trump in the election season? New York Times bestselling author and comedian Michael Ian Black has some sage advice for children (and all the rest of us who are scratching our heads in disbelief) in this perfectly timely parody picture book intended for adults that would be hysterical if it wasn’t so true.

The
Published July 5th 2016 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about A Child's First Book of Trump, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Child's First Book of Trump

Manny
Can I play too?

TrumpMelaniaJesus

Here's Jesus Christ, he's so mild and so meek
The Trump tries to mention him once every week
But not to Melania, 'cause it's apt to confuse her
"He what? He got crucified? Wow! What a loser!"
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Interesting book on Trump...almost 'Dr. Seuss' like in design.
Sheri
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, nonfiction
Picture book for adults. You'll love it or you'll hate it, but it seems most here on Goodreads tend towards the love it side.
Kristina
I was sitting next to my husband at the Indigo bookstore in the Eaton Centre in Toronto looking at a few books when I noticed that he was doing his man giggle thing. So I look over and he's reading this book. So now of course I have to read it. If you're a Trump supporter who doesn't have a sense of humor, you will definitely want to avoid this book and this review.

While this is a children's book written in rhyme (some are a bit forced), it's really directed towards adults. The pictures are very
Dan Thompson
Jul 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book is a disgrace. It is a propaganda hit job similar to that used in Nazi Germany. I not only wouldn't let my child read it, I wouldn't let my dog urinate on it.
Jen  Bigheart
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"It's diet is cash, its friends are all go-getters." Its poop spells out..."TRUMP" in ten-foot high letters!

Political satire...gold!
Sarah Rosenberger
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, picture-books
A very Seuss-y look at a very shitty man.
David
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
For children of all ages. Very witty, very forthright.
Christine
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor-and-parody
Last night, my friend and I went to the restaurant with the great food and the wonderful staff (aka Double Knot). Before we ate we stopped at the Bookstore of Temptation (aka Joseph Fox - they have a website, too) and brought books. I did not buy this book. As great as it is, and it is great, it is not 16 dollars great when you are limited in funds and are already buying $60 worth of books. I did read it because JF is that type of awesome bookstore.

If Trump, his speeches, and his gerbil or attac
Kristin
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Found at the book-fair at work today. Best stocking stuffers for your favorite family members!

Give these boys a big gold star
Shani Zhang
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book standing up in a book store. It took all of 5 minutes, but goddamn was it a glorious 5 minutes. I took pictures of so many pages that I want to frame/print out and mail to fox news. The whimsical illustrations and simple rhyme scheme almost distracted from the insightful message at the very end: "Don't respond to its brags, its taunts, or its jeers; ignoring a Trump is a Trump's biggest fear"
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I was first in line for my library's copy. A super quick, enjoyable roast to Mr. Trump. The Trump in this story is a creature resembling one of Seuss's animated characters. "For all the Trump's astounding uniqueness. It certainly has a curious weakness: A Trump loves to dine on hatred and violence; It cannot endure a moment of silence." Curiously, it's a picture book, but cataloged adult in most systems I've checked. References to the "size of his manhood" and "it's poop spells out 'Trump' ...more
Maggie Mattmiller
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dr. Seuss style rhymes and message. It actually made me laugh, and was more clever than I would have expected. Not one I could have in my classroom because of politics... Although I kind of wish I could!
Tina
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, picture-books, 2018
Scary times, most frightening picture picture book since The Giving Tree, or the one with the creepy old lady sitting in the grown man's lap.
Aimee
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's an accurate description of our embarrassing president. All children should read this before hearing/seeing anything else about him.
Steve H
Dr. Seuss-like couplets describe an orange windbag creature called the Trump, and the whimsical drawings capture a surprising likeness. Another in the great list of books you probably don't need to own but which are perfect to get, share, and enjoy from the library.
Monica Edinger
My oh my! I wonder what Mr. Geisel would think. Certainly this is blunt as blunt can be (and really for adults, I'd say).
Karin
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! Want an example of satire! Here it is.
Judy, Not
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect!

Had I time to find the rhyme to rate this book. I'd say it's a most telling tale of this crook!
Linda Atkinson
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Love!
Whitney
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super creative and hilarious!
Hubert
Gets at the heart of why children should begin to be critical of the then-candidate now-President! Well illustrated, and very cleverly designed and written.
Elaine
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is great, I only wish it was longer....
Anisa Jackson
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious (if not for the fact that it's disgusting how much support such a rotten man has gained). Broke down Trump and all that constitutes Trump and his asinine, narcissistic behaviors and thoughts. Another one of those children books that was intended more so for the parents than the kids, but still child appropriate due to showing kids how to handle other's awful behaviors and statements: do not engage them. Well done! Reminded me of Dr. Seuss' style of writing; quirky and catchy, but incre ...more
Aubrey
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not a book I was remotely aware of, nor a person I have any interest giving my attention to, I stumbled upon this book after it was donated to my place of work and thought, ah, let me give it a glance. I found myself chuckling at the witty Dr Seussian way of words and art to tell a tale of this strange beast we all can't quite comprehend exists. It reminded me of what a punch we can pack even in the fewest of words and pages. Quite a surprise this one.
Amanda
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
The rhymes are fun and the illustrations are very Seuss-esque. I really wanted to love this book. I probably would have if I read it when it was first published rather than 7 months into this disaster of a presidency. I know it's just meant for laughs, but ignoring a Trump is probably the worst thing to do.
Rachel
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny and accurate. Though I thought it was over after she turned the tv off🤷🏽♀. Kinda felt like an ending to me, though the actual ending was pretty good too. Also there might be a few words that kids wouldn't know, but at the same time it's a great learning opportunity.

Plus it's just damn funny.
Kressel Housman
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
Though the title of this book claims it's for kids, it really isn't. It's a Dr. Seuss-style book in which Trump is the bofa on the sofa. I can't see spending money on it, not even as a gift, but if you happen to be browsing around a bookstore, it's a fun and topical way to spend five to ten minutes in this strange and tense election year.
Cindy
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, 2016, humor
Hilarious!!!

I would quote the book, but I would just be rewritting the whole thing. Political satire at its best. And the drawings.

I might just buy this book so whenever I need a laugh, I can have one.
Andy

• Underwater Puppies
  • Mo's Mustache
  • Reasons My Kid Is Crying
  • Off the Leash: The Secret Life of Dogs
  • Texts From Mittens: A Cat Who Has an Unlimited Data Plan...and Isn't Afraid to Use It
  • The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library
  • What Is Punk?
  • Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most Awesome Beverage on Earth
  • Snappsy the Alligator and His Best Friend Forever (Probably)
  • Robot Zombie Frankenstein!
Michael Ian Black (very famous) is a popular comedian who began his career with The State, a sketch comedy troupe he co-founded at New York University in 1988, which went on to have a successful run on MTV. He then co-created the Comedy Central television series "Viva Variety," a fake European variety show. From there, he appeared on several television shows before landing the role of Phil Stubbs, ...more
“I've won each and every game that I've played.
Won every opinion I've ever conveyed.
Won every debate, no matter the topic.
I once had a tie--I felt philanthropic."

Making a deal? It has no superior!
Building a wall? The rest are inferior.
"My wall will be numero uno primero.
I'll pay for it using another's dinero."

And there is the crux of the Americus Trumpus:
The swagger, the boasting, the oversized rump-us.”
0 likes