Start by marking “Marcus (Rebirth of the Gangster: Meet the Family #1)” as Want to Read:
Marcus (Rebirth of the Gangster: Meet the Family #1)

Marcus

(Rebirth of the Gangster: Meet the Family #1)

Rebirth of the Gangster is a black-and-white comic exploring the moral challenges of a young inner-city prosecutor torn between crime, the law, and family tradition.

Marcus Thompson is this young prosecutor, an African-American son of rich parents. Hunter Anderson is a poor, white man, son of a dying mom and dead dad. They both get sucked into a life of crime as they strug
Published March 22nd 2016 by CJ Standal Productions

To ask other readers questions about Marcus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marcus

Erin
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
CJ Standal gets off to a scintillating career start for what will hopefully be a long running serial. There's a lot to praise about Rebirth, from the dynamic illustrations of Juan Romera to the rich storyline and deep characters. While my personal favorite character is the short-fused Lex, there is no denying that the reluctant power and troubled history of Marcus are the driving force of this story. Intricately interwoven flashbacks draw us into the mind and motivations of Marcus as a successfu ...more
Leticia
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
To read more reviews like this, please visit me at Shh, I Am Reading Review Blog

Normally, I don’t review comics but this was a nice and rather surprising step outside my regular read. This was awesome. What a great start!
The flashbacks work into the current story perfectly. The story for the comic hooked me in, line and sinker, quite quickly. The ending left me wanting to know more. I am interested, for sure, to see where Marcus goes from here.
I also enjoyed the graphics, they’re beautifully dra
CommonBookSense
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this comic. It was very short but by the time I had made it through to the last panel, it left me wanting more. I would have preferred it have some color, but understood the nostalgic appeal the black and white brought to the story. I would read more installments of this comic book, and recommend it to anyone who enjoys this style of stories.

You can find this review (along with many more) on the CommonBookSense blog, found here.
Kari
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was pulled in immediately by this comic's intriguing cover and the increasingly suspenseful and intricate plot kept me mesmerized to the very end. The author's clever incorporation of flashbacks introduces a rich complexity to Marcus and the striking artwork perfectly nuances his current professional success with his gritty past. I can't wait for the second issue!
Anink Coroner
Jul 08, 2018
Kevin Seeley
Apr 30, 2016
Brian Barr
Nov 12, 2018
C.J. Standal
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dan Beghin
Aug 08, 2016
Andréa
Apr 07, 2017
Also available for under $1 on Selz 1 1 Mar 27, 2016 01:35PM

Rebirth of the Gangster: Meet the Family (5 books)
  • Hunter (Rebirth of the Gangster: Meet the Family #2)
  • Lorena (Rebirth of the Gangster: Meet the Family #3)
  • Andrea (Rebirth of the Gangster: Meet the Family #4)
  • Linda (Rebirth of the Gangster: Meet the Family #5)