Start by marking “Anaheim Vacationland” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Anaheim Vacationland

David O'Neal

Anaheim Vacationland

A historical look at the city of Anaheim and its growth since Disneyland opened in 1955, with a focus on motels, dining and other areas affected by tourism. Filled with vintage photos, postcards and other ephemera from days gone by.
paperback
Published July 4th 2008 by Extinct Attractions Publishing, Inc. (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Anaheim Vacationland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anaheim Vacationland

Tracey
Mar 06, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: disney
A Pictorial history of the Anaheim area, mostly post-1955 to current day, covering not only Disneyland, but the surrounding hotel/motels, dining establishments and other attractions. Contains a great selection of postcards and other advertising ephemera. The proofreading left a LOT to be desired (typos galore), but the information and underlying story is a worthwhile read.

The author & his brother lived in many of the run-down motels surrounding Disneyland in the mid 1980's - their annual pa
Ron
Jun 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
If you remember the Anaheim that surrounded Disneyland in the early years, you must add this book to your Disney collection. The only thing keeping it from five stars are a handful of typos. My copy is the second edition. Let's hope these typos are corrected for the third edition.
Sue
Feb 21, 2012 rated it liked it
I borrowed this book for free for my Kindle. It was interesting, but left me wanting more. I have purchased some of David O"Neal's extinct attraction dvds and even preordered a book that has yet to be finished or delivered. I just wanted more information. Good luck to David and his projects.
Robert Norman