Start by marking “Faerie Blood (The Changeling Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Faerie Blood (The Changeling Chronicles, #1)

Faerie Blood

(The Changeling Chronicles #1)

I’m Ivy Lane, and if I never see another faerie again, it’ll be too soon.

Twenty years after the faeries came and destroyed the world as we knew it, I use my specialist skills to keep rogue faeries in line and ensure humans and their magically gifted neighbours can coexist (relatively) peacefully.

Nobody knows those skills came from the darkest corner of Faerie itself.

When a
ebook
Published April 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Faerie Blood, please sign up.
Rhianna This particular book does not have any explicit content. But I'm pretty sure Ivy and Vance's relationship will progress in later books and will not be…moreThis particular book does not have any explicit content. But I'm pretty sure Ivy and Vance's relationship will progress in later books and will not be suitable for a 13 year old. - R (less)
Emerge by Tobie EastonFacsimile by Vicki L. WeavilScardust by Suzanne van RooyenThere Once Were Stars by Melanie McFarlaneForget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
#WO2016 Books
58 books — 70 voters
Dead Witch Walking by Kim HarrisonThe Magicians and Mrs. Quent by Galen BeckettThe House on Durrow Street by Galen BeckettThe Master of Heathcrest Hall by Galen BeckettWords from the Heart by Kathleen Fuller
"Ivy"
104 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Montzalee Wittmann
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Faerie Blood
By: Emma L. Adams
Narrated by: Luci Christian
Series: The Changeling Chronicles, Book 1
I really liked this fun book about a missing human replaced by a changling. Ivy and the Mage Lord works together to find out what is going on...of course nothing is so simple! Lots of action, adventure, creatures, and touch of romance. Lots of fun!
The narrator was terrific! I have more in the series! That's how much I liked it.
Dee Arr
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Overall, “Faerie Blood” by author Emma L. Adams is not a bad read, and is good enough that readers of fantasy should enjoy the story. The plusses and minuses of it all:

The PLOT is solid, though it is a standard that has been done before. Ms. Adams puts her own touch on it with the mixture of the human and supernatural races barely coexisting, creating tensions that feel natural and allow for additional subplots and color. While I didn’t catch any holes, the storyline was somewhat predictable and
Ian
Everyone has a book in them. And sometimes that book should stay in them.

(I don't rate books unless I've read at least 50%)
Lola
I got a copy in exchange for an honest review

Faerie Blood is a great Young Adult Urban Fantasy book filled with action, magic, supernatural creatures, awesome characters and a fast paced storyline. From the first chapter this book had my attention, it start action packed with hints of a dark past and I wanted to know more. It only gets better form there on. Someone's kid has disappeared and Ivy accepts the case. Then the Mage Lord gets involved and things get even more interesting.

The story has
Pamela
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a really great paranormal read. Ivy Lane is the lead character, and she has already survived years of torture in Fairy. She now resides in an apartment with her flat mate and dear friend who is also a strong witch. Ivy had been taken when the wall between the fey world, and the mortal realm fell. Winter, and Summer courts had since returned, but lots of scavengers and other fey remained. Ivy kills them for a living. She is hired by a couple whose son has disappeared, and left a changing ...more
Lisa
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun, crazy adventure in the first book of a new author for me. Look at that cool cover and it's about the Fae, count me in. This was a super fast paced story and I loved Ivy, the main character and her roomate, they complemented each other quite nicely. I do believe this is going to be a great series and I'm thrilled that I get to follow Ivy in her world. This reminded me of Cassandra Palmer series somewhat.
Monica
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I enjoyed the premise of this urban fantasy novel. There were times where it did remind me of other popular urban fantasy novels but I did like the overall premise. Ivy is a human who was taken to faerie when the veil collapsed. She returned ten years later, human time to find out that nothing was the same including herself. The book kept me interested and I am excited to read the next one.
Bec
The story was entertaining enough but the plot suffered from many inconsistencies and other issues that an editor really should have taken care of, it was noticeable enough to be annoying throughout the story.
Cindy
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and exciting.

I didn't want to put this story down. Ivy is one tough woman with a mysterious past. It took a while to completely get her childhood story but it flowed well with the present. I really enjoyed how she reacts to Vance. He isn't how she portrays him. She is a bit judgemental but eventually she starts to see him for who he really is. This was a fun and exciting adventure.
Shannon Bittner
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was interesting enough that I finished it, but it was not that good. I often found myself a little lost on how the character came to certain conclusions, and sometimes sentences were so poorly written that they should not have been in there because I just couldn't make sense of them. It seemed like the plot depended on the character getting attacked/in a fight every time she left her house. If she got into fights that often then I would expect her to be a bit better at fighting (to the ...more
MJ
May 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-modern
A bit reminiscent of Kate Daniels, in that we get a sword wielding mercenary in a world that had magic bust open in the near past. That's where the similarities end. Ivy is a girl who was taken at the faerie invasion, but escaped her tormenters, and now kicks ass. The world needs people who can clean up the evil left behind when the veil was sealed. So Ivy takes on a case of a missing kid, it just gets too close to her past as a kidnapped victim in faerie. Pushy mages don't help.

I liked the stor
Shelley
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
*Source* Amazon
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

Faerie Blood, by author Emma L. Adams, is the first installment in The Changeling Chronicles. The story takes place 20 years after Faeries crossed over into the human realm to stop a human on human war, and caused great chaos in their wake. In lieu of stopping the war, the Faeries left behind those with magical abilities, closed the way into Faerie for those left behind, and helped themselves to innocent children in the areas they dest
Tèo Sip
My face halfway through this book...

There's no plot nor worldbuilding and the main character always rushes into fights with people much stronger than she is. Alone. Without any plan. And forget to bring along her wit.
Trillian Anderson
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!

I really enjoyed this story. There were a few things that kept this from being a favorite, but generally, I liked the world building, the characters, and storyline. I really liked Vance, a somewhat snobby man with an ego, but he was fun and likeable, and I enjoy that sort of blend in characters. Heroine was also likeable, and I found her easy to sympathize with.

I am on the fence about getting the next book in the series, but I expect I will when money allows.
Lyndi W.
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
I waffled back and forth on this one. Ivy fell into the Bumbling Investigator trope and I got annoyed at the fact that she constantly refused help. She'd have died a dozen times over without help. But I like the characters, the plot was engaging, and I'm interested in where the story is headed, so I'll continue with the sequel.

Kinda reminds me of the Ivy Granger series.
Connie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put down

I really enjoyed this book about Fairies magic and humans. It kept me entranced as the heroine struggled with her dilemma ...how was she human but also have magic powers
Melinda
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
A fast-paced interesting read - in this genre. I quite liked our heroine and hero...and it there was a good bit of world building
Nana  Devourer of Tomes
Really worth a read. Much better and lighter than the annoying grimdark October Day and Kate Daniels
Treena
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
I finished this book but I'm not a fan of the writing style. Not for me.
Tonja Drecker
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, cute fairies who flutter around have nothing to do with this fast-paced story, where danger lurks around every corner and a bloody war threatens to rage.

The setting is modern Earth about ten years after a magical rift opened up, allowing fairies to stream in and rage war. It ended and the rift was closed, but fairies and other magic survives. Ivy is a woman in her mid-twenties, who works as a sword for hire with the goal to destroy the last evil fairies left on Earth. She has an attitude
Janna
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start off by saying that I love books about Faerie, and the about the Fae. I was excited to find a new urban fantasy series that looked like it was action-packed with a strong lead heroine. This is the story about Ivy Lane, who is a human with some rather unusual skills... and background. Not to mention that the cover is gorgeous!

As far as the story itself, it moved at a rapid pace, but I found the writing to be somewhat awkward and clunky at times. The transitions were a little rough and
Michele
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Ivy and her witch roommate, Isabel, are minimum wage magical practitioners just trying to make enough money to pay rent. A decade ago, the veil between earth, Faerie and the spirit realm was pierced, allowing the three worlds to briefly mingle. In the aftermath, earth had a new power dynamic where mages, Necromancers, witches and half-fae policed their own while humans tried not to get stuck in the crossfire.

Ivy relies on her iron weapons and Isabel's spells to help resolve supernatural conflict
Jun 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book could have been so many things. It was none of them.

I feel like the premise had so much promise - what a great set-up for a dark, creepy, post-apocalyptic but faerie-filled world. Especially given the use of Celtic faery lore - what a brilliant idea!

But. Oh my spaghetti. There was no sense of timing. There was no dramatic tension. There were inconsistencies over plot points. There was no tension between the 'love interests'. There were no consequences to events. There were no personal
Alicia McCalla
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing adventure. Ivy is a strong main character. She has lots of spunk. I want to read the next book to learn more about her story.
Relina Skye
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Faerie Blood by Emma L. Adams is the first novel in The Changeling Chronicles series. For the span of about two days, faeries stormed the world from the ley lines. They devastated the world leaving massive casualties, a hoard of minor faeries, and tons of pregnant humans behind. What they took with them were human prisoners. One of these prisoners was thirteen-year-old Ivy Lane. For three years she was stuck in the Gray Vale until she found a way to kill her Sidhe Lord. What she didn't realize w ...more
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This book was really good, fast paced.

The book had some continuity issues such as the Lord Mage asking if her client was missing their daughter, when earlier it was their son. But otherwise the minor errors didn't detract from the story.

We are pretty much dropped right into the action and the world is a different one from what we know. Faeries have come out into the open, they came to help prevent WWIII, but in doing so there was some collateral damage, which included Ivy's parents. We don't qu
Kari Chapman
I should have taken a hint from chapter 1. I almost stopped reading right there - it was cheesy, cliched and over-the-top. The main character wasn't likeable. But I figured I'd be fair and keep going. The book actually did improve for a while. I felt more of a connection to the main character and the plot was moving along at a good clip. Almost too fast really, as I felt several chances for developing the world were missed.

But as I kept going, the unlikeability of the main character got worse ag
Mary B. Grove
3.5

What I like: different world view, interesting main character who’s scarred for different reasons than usual, and has real limitations, plus having magic isn’t a get of jail free card.

Didn’t like: same old same old insta-lust. I am so tired of this crap. IT ISN’T BELIEVABLE. It makes the characters fake whenever it’s use. Insta-lust is a cheap lazy shortcut used by writers who don’t want to spend (or may not have) the skill, time and energy it takes to write a believable beginning to a romant
Angela
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FINALLY A FASRIE ISN'T A HERO!!

They're a mass world of different kinds of villains! I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book because the Fey have usually been written as kind and light-hearted. But to see where they break out of their own realm/world of Faerie (an actual PLACE) and stolen lives, killed thousands, and torment humans to no end.

I'm a huge fan of Monster Mercenaries... in any book. And Ivy is perfect for the job. She's quiet a fighter, forced at a young age to grow up & ta
Lauren Brochu
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I didn't have any expectations going into this book, if any slightly wary as many YF fairy-tales can be very sappy, and unconvincing. This was not high literature or anything but I was very pleasantly suprised and really enjoyed the book. I can even say I am looking forward to reading the next. I admit to a certain weekness for both retold tales, and PI stories, so this was right up my alley.

My one negative comment is that the editing of this book could have been better, silly wording, and gram
Girls, Guns and G...: Faerie Blood - BotM November 12 36 Nov 25, 2016 03:47PM
  • Hunter, Hunted (The Spire Chronicles, #1)
  • Maggie Goes to Hollywood (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #6)
  • Fairy Magic (Dragon Born Awakening, #1)
  • A Grave Magic (The Shadow Sorceress, #1)
  • Hunted by Magic (The Baine Chronicles, #3)
  • Save the Last Vamp for Me (Discord Jones #3)
  • Dead and Kicking (The Harry Russo Diaries, #1)
  • Kissed by Eternity (Sunwalker Saga #6)
  • Rylee (The Rylee Adamson Epilogues, #1)
  • One Part Human (An Obscure Magic, #1)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • Bite Me (London Undead, #1)
  • The Brimstone Deception (SPI Files, #3)
  • Magic of the Gargoyles (Gargoyle Guardian Chronicles, #1)
I'm Emma, a NYT & USA Today bestselling author, book-hoarder, gamer, and restless dreamer. I write dark fantasy novels, including the Changeling Chronicles, the Legacy of Flames series and the Thief's Talisman trilogy.

*Note: I am not a professional reviewer and I use Goodreads only to record my reading progress. Please don't send me unsolicited review requests.*

The Changeling Chronicles (8 books)
  • Faerie Killer (The Changeling Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Faerie Magic (The Changeling Chronicles, #2)
  • Faerie Realm (The Changeling Chronicles, #3)
  • Faerie Wrath (The Changeling Chronicles, #4)
  • Faerie Curse (The Changeling Chronicles, #5)
  • Faerie Hunt (The Changeling Chronicles, #6)
  • Faerie War (The Changeling Chronicles, #7)
“I’ve left you alone for a day, which means you’ve likely got yourself into trouble.” “He’s” 1 likes