Start by marking “Three of a Kind (Wallflowers Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Three of a Kind (Wallflowers Series #1)

Three of a Kind

(Wallflowers Series #1)

“Romance and poetry, ivy, lichens, and wallflowers, need ruin to make them grow.” ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

They say money is the root of all evil, but sometimes, evil lurks in the most unlikely places.

Calla Lily Armstrong spent her whole life shielding her heart. Now she's ready to break down her walls and see what's hiding on the other side. With the help of her new friends,
Published November 21st 2016

Start your review of Three of a Kind (Wallflowers Series #1)
Stacey is Sassy
Sometimes reality is better than the books.

I love it when an author lets us know she’s a reader. I know most authors are readers but it’s cool when an author shares her love of books through her characters. In Wallflowers we get to meet three romance readers…just like me. I had a permanent smile on my face as the three women talked about their favourite historical romances. I’ve had the same types of conversations, sometimes online and sometimes face to face. It doesn’t take long for like-minded
Pam
4.5 brick by brick stars
“To Wallflowers everywhere: may you find your Happily Ever After in whatever form you choose. Be it with a man, woman, or dancing to the beat of your own music.”

Calla Lily Armstrong has been living her life behind a brick wall where she is safe from harm and any emotional or physical attachments. Then one day she sees a man who can tempt the undies off a nun and begins to question her choice in lifestyle.

Part of her plan to start livin is opening her life to friends,
Gi's Spot Reviews
IT'S LIVE!!!

PERFECT!!! That's what this book was for me. Absolute and undeniable perfection, from start to finish! I was already in love with CP Smith's writing, but this book took my devotion and amazement to a whole new level! I adored every single thing about Calla and Devin's story! They were just as perfect as their book! Wow....

Calla Lily – adore the name, btw – has locked herself in her bookworm isolated life, since an accident stole everything she loved the most from her, as a child.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was an entertaining and low angst read. Three woman recognize that they are wallflowers and make a pact to help each other to stop letting life pass them by. Starting with helping Calla catch the new-to-town and hunky detective.

What Calla doesn't know is that she doesn't need to catch Devin because he has already set his sights on her. He just needs to break down those protective walls she has built for her to see he is already standing right in front of her.

This was a fun story. These
Kate
Wallflowers are for life. Wallflowers always stick together, and Wallflowers never leave a woman behind.

You love soulmates? Instalove? No other women drama? Some utterly hilarious, over the top alpha maleness murder, mystery and mayhem? Then this my peeps is the book for you.

Calla Lilly is a strong heroine, she loves hard when she lets it happen. Her Aunts are her saving grace and her blood is so blue she would be a smurf.

Calla Lily has put her life on hold that she doesn’t know how to escape
Barbara➰
**4.25 Stars**

I feel like I've waited forever for this book ever since Smith put a teaser up. I was really looking forward to it and she did not disappoint. It's a great start to a new series.

Calla spots her new neighbor in the yard. She tries to work up the nerve to go talk to him being pushed by her aunties. Meanwhile, Devin "Devil" spots Calla in the window. After a few misunderstandings, Devin is set on Calla being his. But outside forces make it hard.

This was a great setup to a new series.
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
5 Wallflower Sisterhood Stars!!

C.P. Smith has quickly became one of my favorite authors after reading A Reason to Breathe, Restoring Hope, and Property Of. Now she has given me a new book to love.

Wallflowers: Three of a Kind is a story about three young women who once they get to know each other, find they all have something in common, all three for their own reasons have avoided relationships….you get the impression they’ve had relationships, just not good ones.

In Wallflowers, we are
♡Tonya♡
** 4.5 stars **

Sweet, funny and full of action and suspense. This story reminded me why I totally adore CP Smith. I always look forward to her stories. Throw in references to one of my favorite fictional heroes (Devil Cynster - to all of you historical romance lovers) and I was thrilled.

HERO~Devin was fantastic. Sexy, sweet and protective, to me he was what romance heroes are made of. He was tough as nails and not willing to let Calli push him away. I love how he protected her and was
Shadi ***save your ratings use disclaimers**
Usually I include safety info with authors but for those that know the author it isn't needed. For anyone new to CP Smiths writing. She writes safe instalove books.

This is my absolute favorite of all of CP Smiths books so far. The heroine grew through the book as a character and honestly I love "wallflower" stories to begin with. The H was dreamy, posessive and loyal. So the casting characters were some of my favorite character types to read.

What really set it a bar above was the plotline. I
Gio Listmaker

Female Friendships Are My Favorite
Supportive Side Characters

Then It Wore Me Out With OTT Southern Slang

Asian Women Stereotype With Broken English
Quote "You no take me to jail."

Insta Stalk From The Hero (Not A Fan Of The Hero Breaking Into The Heroines House)

The Heroine

Runs Away
TSTL (Killer On The Loose But Does Not Stay Safe)
Berates Herself Constantly
Takes Advice From A Stranger Verses Her
Ivy Deluca
Full review posted here as well as http://afterdarkbooklovers.com/

description
The Good, The Bad, and Everything In Between

-The setup. Calla Lily (Cali) Armstrong has lived her life protecting herself from everything. She’s stuck her nose in a book to avoid emotional connections. Just when she decides to open up to friendships and love, in walks Poppy and Sienna (hence the Wallflowers are born) as well as love, when the Devil… I mean, Devin Hawthorne moves into her aunts’ building. Former cop turned private
Carmen Rae
I don't know how I managed to forget how much I love C.P. Smith's writing. I have read and obsessed over every one of her other novels and when this one was released I flaked. And now that I have read it (devoured it in one sitting while swearing to my husband I was going to put it down in a second (#sorrynotsorry)) I want to go back and kick myself for not reading it sooner.

First, I have to say that for me this book was like reading Kristen Ashley with a Southern accent. The theme worked to
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, this book completely caught me off guard! It had me laughing, smiling, swooning and falling in love with Calla Lily & Devin!! I loved how the southern dialogue reminded me of home.

Devin "Devil" Hawthorne didn't realize what he was getting himself into when he decided to relocate to Savannah for a change of pace, and he definitely didn't intend on starting anything with anyone there. Yet Calla Lily (Cali) catches his eye and there's no going back from it. Reading about Calla
Janie
Devin is the best Hero written by CP Smith, IMO. I also really loved Calla. She has been handed so much shit in life but she's still this sweet, loving soul that has finally decided to let people into her world and heart. With an amazing cast of secondary characters, along with the perfect amount of suspense that keeps you guessing, this is a book you don't want to miss. This book made me laugh out loud many times. I can't wait to read Sienna and Poppy's stories.
Diksha
This is my 1st time reading this author's work.
I liked it!
Will read more books by her =)
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Calla Lily - yep, just like the flower - has spent most of her life, so far, being raised by her Aunties. There is a big back story behind this circumstance that I won't cover off in my review though.

As a young woman, Calla lives a bit of a hermit lifestyle. She is a bookworm and has her dream job working for a publishing company. She is also incredibly beautiful and the wonderful thing about that is that she is completely unaware of it.

At a company picnic she decides to make more of an effort
MelissaB
Dec 16, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: 2016-reads
I got to about 16% and just couldn't take it anymore. The writing was so fluffy and the characters just acted strange. Then the author started to talk about Devil's Bride by Stephanie Laurens way too much, the heroine was carrying around the book, waxing poetic about how she is like that heroine and comparing the hero to that hero. No, just no. If I want to read Devil's Bride, I will. I don't want to read constantly about it in this silly book. I just couldn't take the silliness of the story and ...more
Jenn
Feb 04, 2017 added it
I feel awful- but after four starts, I just couldn't get into the story. Too much inner monologue for me off the bat. I'll try something else by this author -as I've had great experiences prior with her books. This one just wasn't for me. :(

BEAUTIFUL COVER!!

nicklein
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kept me engaged and on the edge of my seat the whole time. Loved it.
Freya Barker
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wallflowers: Three of a Kind is a story about three women who, each for their own reasons, have so far steered clear of romantic entanglements, yet make a pact to brave their fears and take that leap. One by one.

Calla was raised by her two aunts, who play a crucial part in the woman she has become. But her deep rooted fear of abandonment has her hiding from the rest of the world. She has good reason. She’s not blind, though, and has spotted the dark stranger who moved into the apartment next to
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Wallflowers: Three of a Kind by CP Smith
4 stars!!!

“Wallflowers stick together through thick and thin and never leave a Wallflower behind,”

This is one of those books that caught my attention by its beautiful cover, although I am not a cover whore it does help to make me want to read the synopsis which is always the ultimate kicker. CP Smith is a new to me author so this was definitely a walk into the unknown, but I love finding new authors and CP Smith is definitely one I will be keeping on
Maree Repa
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Romance in the Garden of Love

I was just so excited to receive this most amazingly new book from one of my all time favourite authors, C.P. Smith. Such a beautiful, and truly a winning, sexy and romantic stories of all time. I was so thrilled to read and enjoy this one so completely!

This most wonderful and poetic form of the truest beauty in this entire world. Just like those gorgeous flowers, all around in the garden set in heat of the south, Savannah. We meet Calla Armstrong, who grew up with
Renégade ♥
Apr 09, 2019 marked it as not-for-me
Reminder:

The story was not bad. It had potential. But from the very beginning, I didn't like the exaggerated southern accented colloquial speech pattern. I was born and raised in SC and have spent a ton of time (went to college, etc.) in the low country near Savannah. The dropping of every 'g' in any word with an 'ing' was annoying! Every person in the book talked like that, when not every person in the South talks like that. And the only non-Southern person in the book was an Asian woman
Polly
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I really really tried with this one y'all!! The blurb basically promised a sure thing for me. I had so many annoyances with the execution though.

Calla is a book editor who keeps to herself. She's a wallflower that needs to branch out in her life or it's going to pass her by.

Devin is her new neighbor. He's a PI who just moved to Savannah to escape his past jobs and his friends are there.

A few of this issues I had are:

I'm southern. I like a good southern book as much as the next person but
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone but part of a series
Ages of H and h: late 20s
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
Rough Draft Book Blog
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wallflowers: Three of a Kind by C.P. Smith
Devin & Calla
WORTH LYIN’, STEALIN’, OR KILLIN’ FOR
5 Stars because 10 is not available

Oh. My. God. This book is amazing! A whole hearted “feel good” kind of book. I love the connection these three girls have. Calla, Poppy, and Sienna are the perfect combination of goofiness, hilarity, and love. When I set out on this journey I knew I’d be reading something a little different than my normal “romance novels” and holy freaking hell… this one pulled every
Yesenia Gonzalez
I absolutely loved this! Once again C.P Smith wrote another great book.
Calla is a wallflower she has always been into books that's her thing but when she see a very hot neighbor she decided to finally be adventures. She has these two aunts who raised her when her parents passed away who have supported her on everything and they encourage her to spread her wings. She meets/ already knew of them two other girls who work with her and these three team up to be wallflowers who will help each other
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Calla): 27yrs old – 3/5
Hero (Devin): 30yrs old – 4/5
Plot: 3/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none

HEA: yes with a fucking ‘3 day later’ epilogue – what is the goddamn point of that?! It just pisses me off

Triggers: none

Average score: 3/5

Best Line: “Be bold, Cali” and “Dilligaf”

Worst Line: “Fang Ken Yoo.” - because it DOES NOT sound like ‘fuck you’

Personal Review:
This was a good ol’ romance between two southerners. I have to
Alice
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait to read a new book from one of my favorites authors. I already know it's going to be AMAZING.
Sheila'S Book Corner
CP Smith made us all hang ten for her next book. She is an author that is my Automatic One click. She really feeds my Insta-Love, Alpha male and Sassy heroine obsession to the T.

So when Wallflowers was announced I was ecstatic cos I love her books, and just by the way I also fucking loved her cover of Wallflower. One thing Mrs Smith can Guarantee when you read her books are plenty Laugh out moments, great Characters be it main or Side Characters, she always gives us amazing Dialogue that most
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Living On A Dare (Cheap Thrills, #2)
  • Until Valerie (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Tainted Gold (Providence Gold, #3)
  • Fireball (Cheap Thrills, #1)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Classy AF (Cheap Thrills, #3)
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • Until Mayhem: Happily Ever Alpha World
  • Until Fools Find Gold (Providence Gold #1)
  • Mad Gold (Providence Gold, #2)
  • Bound To Me Forever (Providence, #7)
  • Until Mani
  • Scary Hot (Until Series and Club Alias Series Crossover)
  • Until Ellory: Happily Ever Alpha World
  • Until Twyla (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings #4)
  • Until the Tequila (Killers & Happily Ever Alpha World Crossover Novella)
CP Smith/Christina Smith writes romantic suspense with OTT alphas, insta-love, and feisty heroines! She believes books should be about escape rather than reality. Ms. Smith writes what she likes to read and leaves the rest to those with better imaginations. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband and five children. You can follow her on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cpsmith74135

Wallflowers Series (4 books)
  • Double Trouble (Wallflowers Series #2)
  • One Heart Remains (Wallflowers #3)
  • A Highland Wedding (Wallflowers #4)
“I looked back at the vine growing through the crack in the path and wondered if I could take a chance like it had and change the course of my life.” 1 likes
“My momma used to tell me that every action in this life touches someone. How we choose to live our lives is the difference between touchin’ someone with the hand of God or the hand of the devil. I’d say walkin’ away from someone you care about is about as far away from God’s love as one can go.” 0 likes