Start by marking “The Eyes of the Accused (The Ben Whittle Investigations #2)” as Want to Read:
The Eyes of the Accused (The Ben Whittle Investigations #2)

The Eyes of the Accused

(The Ben Whittle Investigations #2)

A dark and gripping psychological mystery

Fresh from the horrors of their last case, private investigators Ben and Maddie are plunged into a disturbing world of terror as they search for missing pregnant girl, Hannah Heath.

Drawn to Frank Crowley, a suspect in Hannah’s disappearance, Maddie is about to come face to face with true evil. As she gets close to Crowley, Maddie will learnHeath.

Drawn

Published June 1st 2017 by Bloodhound Books

To ask other readers questions about The Eyes of the Accused, please sign up.
Mark Tilbury It'll be available on Amazon on Friday 8th April.
Thank you for your support!

Start your review of The Eyes of the Accused (The Ben Whittle Investigations #2)
Alan Cotterell
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
Excellent follow up

The first book was very good, this is a worthy successor. Another case that is fairly unusual. Certainly don't think I have read another book with a similar situation .
Roll on the 3rd book in the series.
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
I loved Mark Tilbury's first debut novel but holy smokes Batman, I REALLY LOVED this, his second brilliant piece of fiction. Mark Tilbury has got such a unique, sharp and switched on writing style that I am now a huge fan, a HUGE fan. Ranting, raving, rant, rave...

This novel has a fantastic plot that is brilliantly paced with so much packed in, I was reading so fast I think my Kindle had a problem keeping up and my reading speed was out of this world. Yet again we meet up with the familiar characters from
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
With The Eyes Of The Accused being the second novel in the Ben Whittle Investigation series I would recommend reading The Revelation Room prior to this one.

I developed a bit of a soft spot for Ben and Maddie in The Revelation Room so was delighted to be reunited with them again. Was lovely to see the relationship between the pair grow and I can’t wait for things to develop further and follow them on their journey.

Ben and Maddie are now doing the leg work for Ben’s dad’s P
Amy
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

This is the second book in a series and I think that you’re better off starting with the first book as there are quite a few references to the book here. Of course if you want to ignore my solid advice you can easily start here and be just fine, but the first book was pretty good and you would be missing out on some key characterization.

This picks up shortly after the events of the first book and Ben and Maddie are about to start working a new case. A
Linda Strong
Eyes of the Accused is the second in this particular series (THE REVELATION ROOM is first). There are a few pointers to what happened in the first book, but not enough to spoil anything should you decide to go back and read that one .. which I highly recommend.

Ben Whittle and Maggie White are private investigators who work for Ben's father. They have been hired to find a woman who has been missing for several months ... and she's due to give birth any day.

There is a suspect and Magg
John Nicholl
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from one of my favourite authors. Mark Tilbury keeps giving the public what they want, and his writing gets better and better. If you haven't read his books, what are you waiting for? It's a definite 5 stars from me.
Eva
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Eyes of the Accused is the second book in the Ben Whittle Investigations series and I personally think you should really read the first one to get the full effect. I mean, you can read this one as a stand-alone and you wouldn't be missing out on too much but why would you want to? I had high hopes for this one after having read The Revelation Room and I was not disappointed. I feel The Eyes of the Accused is even better than its predecessor!

After having survived events in The Rev
Maggie James
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was anticipating something pretty good from Mark Tilbury after his first novel The Revelation Room, and The Eyes of the Accused didn't disappoint. Tilbury set the standard high with TRR, and has raised it even higher with TEOTA. The story hooked me in straight away and kept me intrigued; much as I liked TRR, TEOTA is even better. How Tilbury does it, I don't know, but he manages to blend humour into his psychological thrillers very successfully, in a way I've not encountered before. I'd love t ...more
Cheryl
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an outstanding read!

This is the first book by this author I have read, but is the second in this series. So impressed was I, that I have now downloaded the first in the series & I'm devouring it as I speak. :)
The novel was a real page turner and the writing so fluid that it was a quick read. The main protagonists are engaging and the writer has left space to delve further into their characters at a later date. Ben & Maddie's burgeoning relationship is so sweet & innocent
Kerry
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Eyes Of The Accused is book 2 in the Ben Whittle Investigation series and, in my opinion, is even better than the first, and I thoroughly enjoyed The Revelation Room too! The series has recently been re-launched by Bloodhound books and you really should check them out if you love a good psychological thriller.
I would recommend reading the series in order.
This is quite a difficult book to review without spoiling book 1 for those who haven't read it yet, but I have thoroughly enjoy
Susan Hampson
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-reads
This is the second book in the Ben Whittle series so really I would advise you to read The Revelation Room first, as there are a number of references made back to the story in this book and of course you will then be as excited as I was to be reading The Eyes of the Accused too.
Although the first book was a complete story the characters lives continually develop in a series and I really wanted to know how Ben and Maddie were fairing. Was there going to be romance in the air and would this
Mark Wilson
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mark Tilbury is fast becoming one of the most exciting authors contributing to the Crime/Psychological Thriller genre today. I’m unashamedly a fanboy.
With Eyes of the Accused (follow-up to The Revelation Room), Mark utilises an easy flowing narrative, punch, often dark, humour, and no lack of technical skill. Mark effortlessly brings a new energy and perspective to an often formulaic genre, shattering any preconceived notions you held about what constitutes a fresh, invigorating, and thoro
Joy Mutter
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As Mark Tilbury became my favourite author after I read The Abattoir of Dreams, I was destined to read The Eyes of The Accused. I’d already read and enjoyed The Revelation Room, book 1 of the Ben Whittle Investigations series a few months ago. Although it’s not vital to read book 1 first, I think it helped my enjoyment of book 2, as there are references to horrific goings on at a farm which might perplex readers who’ve not read book 1, but I had no such problem. Although the Ben Whittle series d ...more
Susan Angela Wallace
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Eyes of the accused by Mark tilbury is a psychological mystery thriller read.
Private investigators Ben and Maddie are plunged into a disturbing world of terror as they search for missing pregnant girl, Hannah Heath. Drawn to Frank Crowley, an original suspect in Hannah's dissaperence, Maddie is about to learn the true meaning of evil.
He has done it again with book 2. This book had me gripped from start to finish and I just couldn't put it down. With brilliant characters the story was fanta
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Book 2 in the Ben Whittle Investigations series, we are only a few weeks past where The Revelation Room leaves off.  Ben is working with his Dad, who is still recovering from his abduction and a surly sort because of it, and with Maddie in their Investigation office.  This time they are on the case of a pregnant girl gone missing.

Once again, the author puts you in the mind of every side of the multi-dimensional coin.  POVs from Ben again, the girl in question and the dark, dark mind of the ant
Books 'n' All  Promotions
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My rating 4.9 out of 5 stars

This is the 2nd book in the Ben Whittle series and picks up shortly after the end of The Revelation Room with Maddie, Ben and Geoff picking up the pieces of their lives that were wrecked by Ebb.

Mark has an unbelievable talent for creating characters that are totally unlikeable and this book is no different.

Ben is a very insecure young man but very likeable he is the sort of character you want to take home and mother. Maddie is also
Alexina
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Eyes of the Accused, is the second in the Ben Whittle series, this follows on from the enticingly gripping The Revelation Room, and I would suggest that you read this first as the back story although mentioned in The Eyes of the Accused, works better if you have previously read The Revelation Room.
Ben and Maddie are working for Ben's dad, who really doesn't treat Ben well and I found myself getting so cross with him, but he plays the part well.
Hannah goes missing on her way home
Monica Mac
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ben and Maddie are back, in this, the second in the series.

Geoff Whittle is the head of the private investigation firm that Ben and Maddie work for and he is, quite frankly, a horrible man and I really don't know why Ben puts up with him! I know, Geoff is just a character in a book, but it speaks to the author's skill with characterisations that I really didn't like him one little bit.

A pregnant Hannah Heath disappears and Whittle Investigations are tasked with finding her. Geoff urges Ben and
Roopkumar Balachandran
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror-thriller
I have read the The Revelation Room and now Mark Tilbury's The Eyes of the Accused, like the first book this novel did not disappoint me. The author had given great character presentation with a tinge of dark humour. I feel the dash of humour to the narrative is Mark's trademark, I liked his style.

Caution Spoiler:

Below is the spoiler, instead of revealing the story I want to say some on the major characters in the novel. I segregate them into dark (evil) and light (good) Ben Whittle and Maddie bel/>Caution
Julian Anderson
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When an author creates a character so odious that simply reading about him makes you want to take a shower, you know you are reading something good. When there are two such characters and the author even manages to coax feelings of sympathy, then you found something quite remarkable.
Eyes of the Accused is packed with strong characters that weave their way through what is at heart, a simple storyline. That said, no part of this book is dull. Rather you can sit back, let the author do all th
Jackie Roche
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved Mark's first book "The Revelation Room". When I saw this I had to purchase it, although I'm always dubious as to whether a second book will live up to the first.
No worries! This, to me, was even better than the first. I think because I already knew Ben and Maddie and Ben's obnoxious father Geoff.
I was hooked from the start and taken on a chilling, thrilling roller-coaster of a ride that didn't stop until the final page. I was breathless by the time I'd finished.
This boo
Nic
Apr 16, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I did enjoy this book - I liked that you get an insight into the perpetrator's mind and background and these were the strongest chapters I felt.

I wonder if it may have been an advantage to read the first book first, as this may have given more depth and greater understanding of the relationship between Ben and Maddie.

I also feel that reading the first book may aid the reader to get into the style of writing and humour of the book.

Overall an enjoyable read, it
Kayleigh Simmons
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic sequel to The Revelation Room, The Eyes of the Accused is the second book in The Ben Whittle Investigations series and was everything and more than I had been anticipating. Mark Tilbury skillfully blends dark humour with psychological thrill making you laugh and shudder on the same page, and as a result I didn't want to put the book down! The character development and depth of Frank Crowley is really brilliant and Tilbury gives you a chilling insight into the mind and workings of his ...more
Pat
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it

Oh dear, I wish I hadn't read this so I didn't have to write this review. I enjoyed the first book and really wanted to like this plot. And the plot WAS good, very good in fact - but the dialogue was awful.

I'm not even going to mention the plot except to say that it was tense and scary and, as I said, very good. The whole book was ruined by the juvenile sounding dialogue, particularly Geoff's (Ben's father) childish and petulant ramblings. How did Ben and Maddie
Livia Sbarbaro
Brilliant storytelling... just brilliant

When Hannah Heath ,a heavily pregnant care worker disappeared without trace ...Ben and Maddie are asked to take the case by Bens father who is housebound since their last big case a while back.As they look into the case they stumble upon Frank Crowley, a rude,unkempt individual with little respect for women who lives in his own fantasy world..Maddie realises to break the case she will have to get to know Crowley..Ben who has fallen for Maddie is torn..Fran
Chris Nolan
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having read the first of the Ben Whittle investigations, The Revelation Room, ad thoroughly enjoyed it, I was delighted to be sent an ARC of the sequel by Bloodhound Books in exchange for a fair and honest review. If anything, this is even better than The Revelation Room, as we see Ben and his girlfriend Madeline taking a more dominant role in the running of the agency following the terrible injuries which Ben's Dad suffered in book one. When a care home assistant goes missing on her way home fr ...more
Jacqueline Evans
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in this series, The Revelation Room, I just had to read this too. I loved the first book but enjoyed this one even more. Getting to know more about Ben and Maddie as they try to solve the mystery of a missing pregnant woman, made for a totally gripping read. The story grabbed my attention from the very start; flowing perfectly with so many funny one liners that I laughed out loud quite a few times. For me at least, if a crime or psychological thriller can do that, th ...more
Natasha du Plessis
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the second book in the series and I feel it can be read as a standalone. There is some references to the first book but it doesn't distract from book 2. I love the writing style of Mark Tilbury as well as some of his characters, some stronger than others.
If you like a mystery as well as a psychological thriller then this is the book for you.
Nicola
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another book I read in one sitting. The authors a genius.
William Stuart
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read Mark Tilbury’s debut novel The Revelation Room. Because the book was so entertaining, I gave it 4.5 Stars (rounded to 5 Stars). When he released the second book of the Ben Whittle series, The Eyes of the Accused, it immediately went on my TBR list. Read on for my review!

Synopsis (from the author): Fresh from the horrors of the Revelation Room, private investigators Ben and Maddie are plunged into a disturbing world of terror as they search for missing pregnant girl, Hannah Hea

• Faceless (DI Rosalind Kray, #1)
  • This Little Piggy (DI Rosalind Kray, #2)
  • Suspended Retribution (DI Rosalind Kray #3)
  • The Other Mother
  • Care To Die (Inspector Jim Carruthers, #2)
  • Watching The Bodies (Jake Boulder #1)
  • The Kindred Killers (Jake Boulder #2)
  • A Murder of Magpies (The Magpies, #2)
  • Degrees of Darkness
  • The Puppet Master
  • Inside The Whispers (Samantha Willerby Mystery Series, #1)
  • Jaded (DI Rosalind Kray #4)
  • Final Betrayal (Detective Lottie Parker, #6)
  • Ice Cold Alice (Tequila Mockingbird, #1)
  • Winterscroft
  • The Missing Children (DI Kayli Bright Trilogy, #1)
  • Dead Jealous (Calladine & Bayliss, #7)
  • Dark Houses (DI Greco, #2)
Mark lives in a small village in the lovely county of Cumbria, although his books are set in Oxfordshire where he was born and raised.

After being widowed and raising his two daughters, Mark finally took the plunge and self-published two books on Amazon, The Revelation Room and The Eyes of the Accused.

He's always had a keen interest in writing, and is extremely proud to have had seven novels publ

The Ben Whittle Investigations (2 books)
  • The Revelation Room (The Ben Whittle Investigations, #1)
“The concrete floor beneath the airbed was hard and uncompromising, digging into her back and making it difficult to breathe. The stale air reeked of disinfectant and shit. And something else that she couldn't quite place. Death, perhaps?” 1 likes