Start by marking “Letters to Lincoln” as Want to Read:
Letters to Lincoln

Letters to Lincoln

What do you do when your husband dies unexpectedly?
You write him a letter, of course.

What do you do when someone answers that letter?

Dani was mid-thirties when she found herself alone and without her soulmate.
Coming to terms with her loss took all her strength and her voice.

If Dani thought she’d experienced the worst life could throw at her, she was wrong.

Lies, deceit, con
314 pages
Published July 2017

To ask other readers questions about Letters to Lincoln, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters to Lincoln

Start your review of Letters to Lincoln
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK HERE.... It has been a while since a book had me tearing up from the beginning and Letters to Lincoln was just the book that brought on the full ugly cry. I cannot explain how deep, powerful and breathtaking this story was to me.

"I breathed hard in and out through my nose, anything to quell the nausea, the panic. But I couldn’t stop it. I opened my mouth and I screamed."

Dani's suffered the unimaginable and had lost hope in life itself. All she wanted was to be left and die but her fat
Siobhan
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Letters to Lincoln is such an emotional read. It’s a wonderful read, filled with emotions from both ends of the spectrum and everywhere in-between. It will break your heart and leave you smiling. It is one of those books that manages to feed you so many different things.

Truthfully, I’m tempted to push aside the ‘contemporary romance’ label this book has been given. Whilst it does fall into that category, to label it in such a way minimises what people can expect from it. The story is so much mor
Annika
description

First of all, please take this review and my rating with a grain of salt. Except for two very unhelpful 1 star reviews, this book has only received top ratings so far, so this is obviously a very clear case of "It's not you, it's me".

As for why I didn't love this...
Part of it was probably due to the enormous expectations I had for it. I was hoping for a brutal tear jerker, something like Rachel Higginson's The Five Stages of Falling in Love. A story to viciously tear at my heartstrings and stit
Janja
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

As a great fan of the author, I just could not wait to start reading. The story begins with a tragedy that marks you throughout your life. Dani has not only lost the meaning of herlife, but also her voice. In a deep sorrow she writes a letter and throws it to the sea, but the next day she gets a reply signed as Lincoln.
How the story continues I will not say, I can only say it is full of surprises and complications that I did not expect.
Sadness, grief, anger, cheating, honesty, craving, love and
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“Dani and I are just admiring the view,” Mrs. Hampton said. I gasped, silently of course. She had to be well into her seventies, but the naughty chuckle that left her lips and the dig from her elbow into my side had me desperate to laugh out loud… “Dani, I wish I’d brought a couple of chairs and a flask,” she said.

Funny how a field full of dead people can be one of the most peaceful places on the earth isn’t it? But then... of course, it would be peaceful, it’s not like they can
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Shelves: 5-stars, arc, bat, kindle
Letters To Lincoln is hard to put in a category. It is a wonderful and emotional story that is part contemporary romance, part women's fiction, part mystery.

Dani wakes up in the hospital broken arm, stitches everywhere, her husband dead, herself no longer pregnant. Along with grief, she feels guilt because she had been the one who wanted to go for that drive.

"The tears that flowed were my soul leaving my body. I watched it. I watched my soul climb on that bed and curl into Trey’s side. I watch
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read a few of this authors books but this is certainly my favourite. This is an amazing read, it's an unforgettable read that will stay with me for a long time.

Sometimes a book comes into my life at just the right time. I've had a few days of wondering if I wanted to keep blogging. I had also picked up and put down a few books. Nothing kept my interest. I decided to give Letters to Lincoln a go and I'm so glad I did. I was hooked from the start. I couldn't get enough of this story. It grip
Karen Hrdlicka
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While I haven't read all of Ms. Podger's work, I will say this book is drastically different than the other books I've read. While most of what I've read has been set in the US, this book is set in the UK and pulls the reader right to the coast in Cornwall. As always, Ms. Podger's characters are well developed and real. The feelings and circumstances are rooted deeply and are often brutal. There is so much emotion in this book, I found myself near tears on several occasions.
Dani moved in with h
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰

5 big emotional stars
What do you do when your husband dies?
You write him a letter?
What happens when someone answers that letter?

Wow - what an emotional story get the tissues to hand because you will need them. I absolutely loved this book. The pace of the book flows very well! It was heart breaking in places!
This book had me from the prologue I was a ball of emotions from the start..

Dani loses her daughter and husband in a car crash she is alone and coming to terms with her loss she is str
Charley Moore
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a new reader to Tracie Podger and I think that I may need to take shares in Andrex if her other books are like this one.

Heartbreakingly beautiful, I was crying within the first two chapters, then came all the other emotions, anger,hate and then happiness, anxiousness, and then more crying.

I wish I could rate this more than five stars...happily off to one click more titles now
Kath Middleton
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the description of this book, somewhat different from my usual book choices. When I was a little way in I feared it would turn into a real sobfest but, though the beginning is extremely sad, the book became a journey for Dani, the reader and a few other characters in the story. I think we all like a man with a dark past and there are several in this book. Dani is hit by one tragedy after another and, reeling from a recent revelation, finds the identity of Lincoln, the man with ...more
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
I have a confession to make – I have written and re-written my review for this book more times than I care to mention. I’ve been struggling to find the words to do it justice. It’s a devastatingly beautiful story, that has been exquisitely written. If I could award it more than 5 stars I would in a heartbeat. It deserves all the stars!

This is a story that will haunt me for forever more, and trust me, I mean that in a good way. Some tales just burrow themselves deep within you, and for me, this i
Jodie Scott
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Letters to Lincoln by Tracie Podger

Just wow. This book has all the feels going on and yes i cried at yet another of your books.

Do you ever find a book that hits you so hard emotionally that you think about everything in your life. Things that really matter and suddenly things that seem so wasteful of your time. A book that makes you appreciate the things you do and ands makes you stop worrying so much about things out of your control. A book that's makes you hug your little ones just a little t
Karenj
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Letters to Lincoln (Kindle Edition)

Ok... so where do I start?? Well how about when the tears started... at around 3% on an aeroplane..yup jetting off on my holiday and the tears were streaming down my face !! This story is so raw and takess you to the depths of emotional despair on far more than one occasion.
Dani's life as she knew it was about to change irrevocably following a car accident... she was to lose everything.. including the best known communication known to us..h
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by Tracie, and I must I say was exceptionally impressed. Based on the person who recommended me to the book, I knew it would have to be a good read, but I was not prepared for just how brilliant this Cornwall based emotional rollercoaster would be, and I loved every single page!

I felt the author really laid out the base of the book well. We felt and understood the deep connection the main character had with her husband, Lincoln. It was easy to know what she lost so much, wh
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Occasionally you read a book which is so good that it leaves you spellbound; Letters to Lincoln is one of those books. Tracie Podger has written a beautiful story, which had me in tears more than once. This story left me feeling warm, emotional and I spent some hours thinking about it afterwards.

I really loved the characters in this book, hated a few but that’s only natural. Dani especially caught my heart, her life is ripped apart by a car accident and to help her recover she writes a letter to
Carmel's Addictive Nighttime Reads
Dani had lost her world - her husband and unborn daughter, causing her such emotional loss and shock even her voice.

So Dani decides to write a letter and express all her built up feelings and emotions, the one thing she didn't expect was for someone to actually reply to her.

Dani learns a lot about herself from her writer and her past and finally seems able to open up but can both dani and lincoln deal with the past but also the present?

With such deep powerful emotions running throughout this boo
Mayra M
First 80% of this story, was amazing, a sure 5 stars!!
The rest.....not so much. It was just OK. I don't know what happened, but it didn't even seem to be the same story, or the same writer. We even started having typos by then, and everything felt rushed.
BooksSaveMe
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m a big fan of this author she can turn her hand to any genre and her writing style is addicting
Terri Turner
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful emotional book that will tug at your heart and consume all your thoughts. Tracie Podger once again has written an amazing book with strong characters that you relate to immediately. The story flowed perfectly and I found I couldn't put this book down.

Dani has lost her husband and unborn child in a most tragic of ways, utterly devastated she goes to stay with her father as she cannot face going home to the house she once shared with her husband.
She is so traumatised that she loses the
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lot more emotional than I originally thought; Letters to Lincoln is such a beautiful, heart-wrenching novel with surprises around every single corner (or in our case, page). Every single character was written with such poise, definition and beauty - I certainly will remember all of them for a long time to come. Whilst I did find certain parts of the storyline a little bit predictable, I still enjoyed the full conclusion of the novel and how certain situations were explained on a deeper level.

B
Kerry-Ann
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are only so many adjectives to describe this book. It is...to put it simply...amazing.

From the first chapter, you feel like you have taken a bullet. It will have you reaching for a box...or two...of tissues.

The author writes with such intensituy, that makes you feel every emotion along with the characters. You feel the devastation, the heartache, the sorrow. You feel the anger and resentment and loss. Then you feel the shift. You begin to feel less pain and realise that life can shift 180
Karen Atkinson
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where the begin with this book. This book has to be my favourite book I have read this year. It was been a couple of weeks since I have read Letters to Lincoln and I still find myself thinking about this book and certain parts of the book.

Though I have to warn you that by 2% in you will either be crying or at least have tears in your eyes. There are more tears that come later on in the story but they are worth it when you read this book.

Dani has it all and in the blink of an eye it's gone. As
Kelley
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know what to say about this book. Just Wow. Unbelievable book that grips you from the beginning. Had me in tears from chapter 1.
The Glass House Online Magazine
An emotional story that will have you reaching for the tissues more than once.

How do you piece back together your life after grief? How do you make yourself whole again when the person that once hugged all your broken pieces back together is no longer there to do so? And once you finally feel like the floor is not crumbling before you and you can walk on steady ground, how do you react when the rug is once more pulled from beneath your feet?

Letters to Lincoln follows Dani’s story as she is rele
Fiona Wilson
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2017-reads
I am a fan of this author, especially those stories which tug at the heart strings and have you crying while you read. This book was one of those stories.

A horrific accident leaves Dani on her own and unable to talk about what happened. Moving in with her father she writes a letter to her husband, puts it in a bottle and throws it out to sea. She doesn't bank on receiving a reply, or the fact that her first letter will lead to many more going back and forth between her and the mysterious person
Pam
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Ms Podger writes amazing developed characters that truly share the depth of their emotions with you while reading. This is a wonderful book to loose yourself in and ignore life around you. Expect to fell extreme sadness and loss, hope and will, anger and defiance....

Dani looses her husband and daughter in a horrible crash. Along with them she looses her voice. As we watch her try to learn to communicate we really get a good look at the person she is. She i
Terri Wilson
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Throughout my life, there have been books that completely transform my brain from a complicated stressed-out pile of mush to a relaxed centered functioning piling of mush. I think this happens when I read a book as good as this one because it allows me the opportunity to step out of my shoes and into someone else's. In order to do that though, a book has to have characters that I love and a setting that is descriptive enough so I can visualize it, but not be bogged down in every detail. This aut ...more
Katie
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been a long time since a book has affected me so emotionally until I read Letters to Lincoln by Tracie Podger. I laughed, I sobbed, I cursed Tracie at numerous times for making me feel all these feelings.

Letters to Lincoln is a raw, unapologetic look at life after death. Dani is involved in a car accident that not only kills her husband Trey but also her unborn daughter, Hannah. Inconsolable with grief, Dani moves back to Cornwall to her Dad's house and there she grieves. Her husband and
Wendy Hodges
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart wrenching. This story shattered my heart then slowly started to put it back together before it stuttered and even stopped for a few minutes. It is intense but also has that inspirational aspect that comes from loss and grief, moving on and building yourself up again. It has some twists that were unexpected and some I had figured out, but I was hooked and so invested in reading that each surprise hit me like a sucker punch. This is emotional and deep but there is some light as well. A story ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Another Life
  • Man Feast (Bergen Brothers #2)
  • Thirty-five and Single
  • Severance
  • All I Want (Paradise Beach #1)
  • Loving Juniper (Smoke Series, #3.5)
  • Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)
  • Living Hell (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Heaven Sent (South Shore Beach, #2)
  • Master of Revenge
  • The Step Sister (Sister Series, #10)
  • June 9th (Untouch Me #1)
  • The Royal Show Affair
  • Complicated Love (Moment In Time #2)
  • One Wild Weekend with Connor (One Wild Weekend with, #1)
  • Hell Bent (South Shore Beach Book 1)
  • Kyle and Juniper (Smoke Series, #2)
  • Mogul (Price of Fame, #3)
Tracie Podger currently lives in Kent, UK with her husband and a rather obnoxious cat called George. She’s a Padi Scuba Diving Instructor with a passion for writing. Tracie has been fortunate to have dived some of the wonderful oceans of the world where she can indulge in another hobby, underwater photography. She likes getting up close and personal with sharks.

Twitter