Start by marking “Reaperlands: Runner (Reaperlands Part One)” as Want to Read:
Reaperlands: Runner (Reaperlands Part One)

Reaperlands: Runner (Reaperlands Part One)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  6 reviews
After apocalypse, there’s a whole world to reclaim…

It’s been a decade since the Viral plague that brought the dead back to life with a hunger for living flesh. The survivors have long since fled the big cities and resettled in the countryside, mountains, and plains, building a network of fortresses and cavernous sanctuaries.

As civilization rebuilt and reshaped itself in th
Published March 21st 2016 by We Built It Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Reaperlands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaperlands

Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
You can tell Roy Burdine works a lot in animation. It screams through in the style of his writing. Minimalist writing with each sentence chosen to brand a certain image into the reader’s head, Reaperlands is a graphic novel translated into written form. It was a refreshing read having just emerged from a story where I felt bogged down by adjectives and similes galore.

The story is simple, an initial foray into the obviously planned Reaperlands series, and the characters introduced have the potent
Allies Opinions
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First things first, let me go ahead and prepare you by saying that after reading Reaperlands you’re going to want more. I want more. So, so much more! Roy Burdine’s writing is addictive.

I’ll be real with you for a moment and admit that horror / zombie is not really my main genre. The books I pick to review from this genre are few and far between. I was hesitant to read Reaperlands until a blogger friend of mine read it. She recommended it so I took a shot and don’t regret it at all. Even though
Autumn
Apr 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016

When I read the blurb to this book and noticed it dealt with zombies I have to say I was ready to read it. I love anything to do with zombies the bloody, gory, scarier the better or so I think this was definitely bloody but not scary or gory. The author does a good job with introducing us into the world that is post apocalyptic. Though I did want a bit more, though I do understand this will be set over a series of books it just didn't have that full punch
Corey Henio
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short but riveting, exciting in a deadly way. Although, I think it be much better if it was a graphic novel, and I love the title, "REAPERLANDS"!! I'm excited to see what happens next!!
Leticia
I received this eBook from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I have such a deep love and respect for post-apocalyptic stories. I've read many, watched many and played many games involving the topic. This one is just as awesome.

I enjoyed the story. The world building was impeccable. You could easily picture the now desolate Los Angeles as the main characters did their job. But it is no shocker, as Roy works in animation.
The characters are first introduced as Red and Blue as they do th
Britta
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love Zombies, People who like Dystopian books
I LOVED THIS. I'm really glad this was my intro to Zombies. I couldn't put it down once I started. The way Burdine writes very visual, it made me think a lot of, The Walking Dead which helped. If I remember correctly Roy Burdine also is an Illustrator and it shows through in his writing. (I might be wrong) The book also included drawings as you read, about every chapter or so. They are well drawn and help with the story. The Characters were nicely developed, I'd be interested in seeing how Gus & ...more
Melanie Marsh