Start by marking “Assassins: Discord (Assassins, #1)” as Want to Read:
Assassins: Discord (Assassins, #1)

Assassins: Discord

(Assassins #1)

Kindra’s moral compass has never pointed north, but that’s what happens when you’re raised as an assassin and a thief. At sixteen, she’s fantastic with a blade, an expert at slipping through the world unnoticed, and trapped in a life she didn’t chose. But nothing in her training prepares her for what happens when her father misses a target.

In the week-long aftermath, Kindr
Published September 5th 2016 by Triton Books (Riptide Publishing)

Lex Kent
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, ya-or-na, f-f
This was really good. What a ride! I felt like I just watched a block buster, action-spy movie. Yes, this is a book about assassins, but there was a ton of espionage too. Those of you who know Requiem, think if she had a sixteen year-old sister, who has a little bit more of a conscience, and you have Kindra.
As far as I know this would be considered a YA book. With two of the main characters under 18. But this is clearly a book for adults too. There was many times I got so lost in Kindra's chara
Sean Peters
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Thank you to Net Galley, the publishers and the author.

Kindra’s moral compass has never pointed north, but that’s what happens when you’re raised as an assassin . At sixteen, she’s fantastic with a blade, an expert at slipping through the world unnoticed, and trapped in a life she didn’t chose. But nothing in her training prepares her for what happens when her father misses a target.

In the week-long aftermath, Kindra breaks rank for the first time in her life. She steals documents, starts questi
Rain
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
"There were always places to go and people to kill."
3.5 stars rounded up to 4. The protagonist of this story is a sixteen-year-old girl named Kindra, but due to the life she has been forced to lead, feels much older (I actually had to double check her age, and the book definitely didn't feel Young Adult - and to be honest, every teenage character seemed older than they were). Together with her parents and her sister, they form a band of thieves/assassins for hire. During their latest mission,
Megan  (YABookers)
I received this free from the publishers via NetGalley

Kindra has grown up in a family of assassins and thieves, and she has been raised to be the exact same thing. However, when one mission goes wrong, she starts to question everything she’s ever known and done, and questions her orders on the current mission. Things go wrong and Kindra ends on the other side of the mission with a group of people she used to see as family, protecting the man her family was hired to kill.

I liked Assassins: Disco
Fenriz Angelo
Jan 26, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 20%
Lacks a compelling narration (at least of my liking), a.k.a me dió hueva.

Might fast read from time to time but i'll leave it at DNF for now.
Wart Hill
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Things I Find While Shelving

I received a free ARC via NetGalley

There's a commonly used phrase, I'm sure you know it: blood is thicker than water. But that isn't the entirety of it. In actuality, the phrase is the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb. I think that, in full, that phrase sums up Assassins: Discord perfectly.

It is a book about family.

Kindra starts the book with the family she was born into. A family that taught her to blindly follow orders, to fight for unname
ReadWriteLove28
Assassins ~ action contemp ~ great LGBTQIA rep ~ funny
A.W.
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Action right from the beginning that kept me at the edge of my seat.  The mystery also kept me turning the pages.  I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did but I'm glad I took the time to read this book.

Kindra blindly follows her parents' orders while Dru grew up in a loving family, opposite to how Kindra grew up.  I enjoyed the few moments between Dru and Kindra and by the end of the book, I was left wanting more of their story.

I know Erica Cameron has a second book of the series out
Finn Longman
I must preface this review by telling you that I had only one reason for requesting this book from NetGalley: I recently finished the third draft of a novel about a 16-year-old girl raised since childhood to be an assassin, and I thought I should suss out the competition. Not least because if this proved to be too similar, or significantly better, I might have needed to rethink my querying plans.

Well, good news: beyond their protagonists, my book and this one have very little in common either i
Kate
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author and I enjoyed it. There's quite alot of action and spy like scenes so if you enjoy that side of a book you'll enjoy this.

The main character was born into a family who make their money taking jobs which involve assassinating people. Kindra hasn't had many choices in her life, forced to follow the path which her parents carved out for her. When I read for the first time in the book she was only 16 it struck me as a little unrealistic. How could someo
Olivia Chanel's Galaxy of Books
Thank you Erica Cameron for my e-arc of Assassins: Discord!

Assassins: Discord is like those action movies you watch on TV where there’s guns, explosions and car chases. Only in this book there are more girls than guys. The girls are complex, the girls are kissing and they’re more badass than anyone else. In other words, this book is like those action movies you watch on TV, only a thousand times better. I love Assassins: Discord not only because it’s refreshing and features a storyline that isn’
Nicole Hewitt
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 Stars

This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Assassins: Discord follows Kindra, a teenage girl who's been raised as an assassin. Yeah, I know this sounds a tad bit far-fetched, but I was able to suspend disbelief for the most part---I mean, it's not that much stranger than crime families who raise their kids to be in the "business," right? If mom and dad are both assassins, it seems logical that they'd train up the kids to be a part of the action.

Kindr
ren
Rating: ★★★

I received an ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review.

Being completely honest: I wasn’t expecting a lot from this book. I’m not the biggest fan of assassins in modern days so I went into Assassins: Discord with very low expectations. And well, I was surprised (at first, at least).

First, because of the writing. I loved it. It’s sharp and efficient and totally fits the tone of the book and the story. Second, because the first half of this book is absolutely breathtaking. I-need
Payal
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it
A story about a ruthless teenage girl-assassin? Sign me up right now! Kindra Weston has been trained from birth in the arts of hiding in plain sight and killing people without leaving a trace. It wasn't like she had any say in her occupation, but that doesn't mean she isn't good, dangerously good, at her job. When her father muffs an important assassination, it puts into motion a sequence of events that spirals her life out of control. Saying any more would be a spoiler.

While Assassins: Discord
Roxanne
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and Riptide for proving me a copy of the eArc in exchange for a fair review.

Kindra is a teenage bi-sexual assassin. Everything in her life is pretty normal right up until her father missing the target. He never misses the target, and after that moment everything begins to change. She begins to ask questions and do more research.... and worst of all she begins to wonder if they should even be killing the target.

With the botched hit brings other families to complete the miss
Adara
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic young adult novel about a teenage girl who grows up as part of a family of assassins. When a job goes wrong, the family tries again to kill the mark and make things right. Only then things get even more botched, and Kindra is unexpectedly kidnapped by a member of another group trying to protect the mark--another family that Kindra knew from when she was much younger. From there, things go even more sideways as Kindra brgrudging helps that family and the mark, and uncovers mor ...more
CR Daylex
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book should have been everything I wanted. I love gunslingers, girls who can fight and crazy crime family novels. The rival gangs were a bit like Romeo and Juliet.

But for me, the writing really let it down. I struggled to even understand what was going on for the first 50 pgs or so, because so many characters get dumped on the reader at once and it's almost entirely dialogue with no world-building.
Carmel
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
I thought I would love this book but I just didn't and found myself doing other things to not have to finish reading it.

There was nothing about it that made it bad - nothing wrong with stories or characters but I just couldn't get into it.
Riska Sleepless
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: queer-mc, kindle
this had way too little action and actual killing for a book about assassins...
Carrie Pack
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review to come!
Chiara
A copy of this novel was provided by Riptide Publishing for review via Net Galley.

Oh, this review is hard to write. Because on the one hand there were many times that I wanted to DNF Assassins: Discord because it was really, really long, and I also didn’t feel like the plot was moving fast enough (and I was more than a little bored at times). But on the other hand there were elements I liked, and against all my DNF feelings, I did finish it, and I’m quite glad that I pushed through.

Assassins: Di
Lindsay
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
Assassins: Discord had its strengths and weaknesses. It started off with a bang that held my attention with all the questions I wanted answered. Why had brought this family to take down others? What had happened to Ryce? Why did Kindra and Sera not refer to their parents by ‘mom’ and ‘dad’? Is this the life that Kindra really wants to live? With time, all these questions were answered with some effective twists; one of which I had foreseen.

I enjoyed the action. It was pretty much nonstop and the
asdfghl
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listen, this is a f/f hit men. With a decent plot. With a decent writing.
Granted, the writing could be 2 seconds more polished, but frankly the concept is 1 start all on its own and let's not forget the wide minority/orientation representation!!!

I'll buy everything like this and brand it 5 stars until it will become the norm.
Natalie
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
whoa. this book was a thrilling, wild ride. i got to the end and....i need book two like nowwww???
the entire thing read like an intense, non stop action movie!! i have sooo many questioooons and i need them answered immediately...but obviously i'm gonna have to wait for book 2 to get them *pouts*
Martha
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-goodness
Actual rating: 3.5.

The last 35% or so of the book was a lot of fun, it just took a long time for interesting stuff to start happening. (Yay for f/f + badass teenager girls in YA, tho!)
M. Hollis
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
It's not you, it's me.
Brett Jonas
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Another wonderful read from Cameron.
Liza Wiemer
Oct 20, 2016
crosire
Apr 30, 2018
Steph
Nov 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Junior Hero Blues
  • Tempest (Playing the Fool, #3)
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • Detour (Transportation, #1)
  • Friendly Fire
  • Straight Shooter (Rear Entrance Video, #3)
  • Loud and Clear
  • Counting to Zero
  • Medley (Changing Lanes, #2)
  • Shadows & Dreams (Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator, #2)
  • Sharpshooter
  • Reckless Behavior (Bad Behavior, #3)
  • My Brother's Keeper
  • Darkness (Common Law, #3)
  • One Under (Porthkennack, #9)
  • Stranded
  • Shatterproof
  • Three of Hearts
After a lifelong obsession with books, Erica Cameron spent her college years studying psychology and creative writing, basically getting credit for reading and learning how to make stories of her own. Now, she’s the author of several series for young adults. She’s also a reader, asexuality advocate, dance fan, choreographer, singer, lover of musical theater, movie obsessed, sucker for romance, Flo ...more

Assassins (2 books)
  • Assassins: Nemesis (Assassins, #2)