Start by marking “Lacy (Ilyon Chronicles, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Lacy (Ilyon Chronicles, #5.5)

Lacy

(Ilyon Chronicles #5.5)

The last thing Aaron ever envisioned was falling for a prostitute. Everything about it spells trouble. However, he can’t help noticing the way her smile lights up when she sees him and how much brokenness she hides behind it. Neither can he ignore how desperately she needs rescue and protection.

When Lacy shares a life or death secret with him, Aaron is willing to risk ever
Published December 14th 2018 by Living Sword Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lacy

Leah Good
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely a more grown-up book due to Lacy's "profession" but as someone who cares deeply about fighting human trafficking, I loved this book and Aaron's behavior towards Lacy.
Morgan
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This. Book. Well, I wouldn't exactly recommend it for children or young teens due to thematic material, but I would recommend it for about 15/16 and up. It's so. good. Different from the other Ilyon books due to the lack of Jace and Kyrin, but definitely worth the read. It doesn't delve as deeply into Lacy's issues and psychological damage as Redeeming Love (which I just read) does, but it's still really good and powerful. And that fact lets me be comfortable with recommending it for younger rea ...more
Shantelle
Aw, that was a sweet story! Some excitement and danger, romance, and unexpected happenings. I enjoyed! May have more of a review to come when this novella officially releases!
Sarah Grace Grzy
Wow. In Lacy, Knight takes a difficult issue and writes it into a beautiful and moving story with compelling characters.

As soon as I realized this novella was about Aaron, I was so excited. Aaron needed his own story and I'm so glad he got it. Both Aaron and Lacy were very interesting and realistic main characters and I loved them both. I didn't connect as much with Lacy, but that could be because she had a limited POV. (Or maybe not one at all. I can't remember.) I also enjoyed seeing Timothy
R.J. Rodda
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5

A moving tale of Aaron’s love for Lacy, a girl prostituting herself for the sake of her family. Aaron throws all caution to the wing as he lays down his life to help her find freedom and to keep her family safe. Needless to say, Aaron is quite the hero in this, but Lacy does have a bravery all of her own that shines through.
Erika Mathews
Despite being certainly an adult story, Lacy was so sweet and I loved it. Even though I’m not necessarily a huge romance fan or a huge fantasy fan in general, I absolutely adored this story. There were so many sweet and touching moments, and so many times to sympathize with the characters.

First, I loved the redemption romance aspect – it was first of all a story of Lacy’s relationship with Elom, and second a story of her relationship with Aaron – which is exactly how it should be. I loved how th
Faith
Review coming closer to the date of release.
Audrey Caylin
WOW. Such an impactful, inspiring, and heartbreaking story.
There is so much emotion and beauty packed into this little novella that I don't know where to begin!

CHARACTERS
Can we all give Aaron a round of applause? I was a bit hesitant to read a story "starring" him, as while I've liked him as a side character, I wasn't sure how he would carry the weight of his own story.

After finishing Lacy, I'd say he's nearly a strong a protagonist as Jace (in different ways though)

Aaron's story is di
Tricia Mingerink
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book as an unexpected surprise. I’ve always loved Aaron, but this book made me love him all the more. He is such a sweet and strong character, and that really comes through in this book! Although Jace (*cough* my favorite character *cough*) isn’t in this one, I still really enjoyed it.
I would recommend this book for older readers since it does deal with prostitution, but the topic is handled really well, as I would expect from Jaye L. Knight.
Hailey Rose
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I made the mistake of reading this novella before Bitter Winter so I was slightly confused but nothing too terrible. :) This is the sweetest little novella and such a perfect addition to the Ilyon Chronicles! The depth of the characters, the heartbreaking emotion--ahhh!!! Perfection!
BookWolf
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lacy is probably my favourite book from the Ilyon Chronicles so far. It reminded me a lot of one of my favourite books, The Reluctant Duchess by Roseanna M. White. Even though the main characters circumstances were difficult and very sad, they chose to trust in God. I don’t think Lacy is a book that you would give to pre-teens for them to read alone, but for older readers, it would be fine. It is very clean, especially considering where Lacy worked at the beginning of the book.

“Scars don’t bothe
Celestria
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so sweet and perfect😭❤ ...more
Mikayla
I was a little wary of this story, after reading Bitter Winter and figuring out who Lacy was. But somehow Jaye L. Knight managed to make something that I normally wouldn't read into a beautiful, real story.
Aaron was an awesome character. I loved seeing more of him, and his awesome relationship with his brother. His faith was really cool because while he has struggles and makes mistakes, he still has a very strong core faith. Also, his steadfast resolve was awesome.
Lacy was sweet and very reali
HazelNut
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Really sweet story! I enjoyed getting to know Aaron better very much, and Lacy is very sweet. This book had much more...action, if that's the right word, than I was expecting, which I didn't mind at all. :P The mentions of other much-loved characters were cool to spot. Lacy profession is dealt with very, very discreetly--which, knowing the rest of the Ilyon Chronicles, I was pretty much expecting, but was pleasantly surprised by at the same time? But anyway, yes, I really enjoyed this novella.
Serethiel ☽ ✨
AAAAACK I NEED THIS <333
Michael Hewston
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My only wosh for this book is that it where longer.
Laura Guenot
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jack Baillot
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lacy is one of Jaye's novellas, connected to the Ilyon series. This little novella focuses on Aaron, a not so main, main character from the main series. In this book he meets Lacy, who is working to provide for her family the only way she can, as a prostitute.
The story is tender and delicate and shows God's love in how He saves us from all our sins, even the ones we are most shamed of. Aaron shows this love to Lacy when he pays for her to escape the life she hates and provides for her family a
Bryn
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and endearing, this little story has been a must read of mine since the cover reveal some months back. Short but well paced, Knight tells a tale of worth, redemption and true love no matter the past or the cost.
S.G. Willoughby
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was very helpful in helping me return to reality more gently (though the plot was still plenty to keep me reading way past my bedtime) after the intense ride that Bitter Winter was. :) I read this is two late nights, and it was beautiful.

While Jaye did an amazing job with the giant cast of characters in Bitter Winter, it was nice to have a smaller cast in this one. Timothy and Aaron made great MC's, and I loved their brother relationship.

Yes, the title character is a prostitute. But while J
Rebekah Gyger
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Stars

I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that this time around, there were going to be two books released in this series at the same time. Lacy was a character I had not heard of at the time (she is introduced in Bitter Winter), but I had enjoyed Jaye's other novellas, which had to do with Jace. And if you love the story world Jaye has created, then this is a wonderful new addition.

However, I did not feel that the story was all that necessary to the overall narrative. Lacy is not a
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Move over, Redeeming Love, Lacy is here!!!

Okay, I know they are not quite the same, BUT, the unconditional love and the sacrifice are so beautiful!! This was a beautiful book.

Up until this point, when Lacy is introduced (in Bitter Winter), I would have freely recommended this series to anyone. Now, however, Jaye is moving the series into an older audience. Parents of younger kids at least need to be told.

Lacy didn't choose her life and the subject is handled very well, but still, it's prostitut
Hannah Gaudette
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
This book is incredible. We finally get to see from Aaron’s POV. He was a likable character before. Now he’s a favorite. First off, the storyline itself is both difficult to swallow and really, really good at the same time. Jaye’s new character, Lacy, is a prostitute, so that’s naturally going to deal with difficult topics. However, it is handled VERY well, typical of Jaye’s books.

The love story woven in the pages is so beautiful. It unfolds so gently. It’s so real. And the characters! Aaron and
Alyssa
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I almost felt like Lacy was a throwback to all of my favorite things about Resistance (the first Ilyon book). Because of this, it is marked as one of my favorite Ilyon books.

Why? Lacy is a slow(ish) books, focusing more on the characters and their relationships, taking time to, well, take time. I just loved it! Aaron was an excellent main narrator. I didn't remember him a whole lot - his last major appearances, I believe, occurred in book 2 - and I actually found that I enjoyed him! He wasn't as
Julian Daventry
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018, 2019
So at first, I was a little hesitant to read this. The theme just...was a little iffy, y'know? But I trusted Jaye to handle it carefully, and, well...she did it. I fell into the story, I fell for Lacy and her hard place in life, I fell for Aaron as I risked all to help. It was such a sweet little story, with some very important truths. The world isn't always bright and cheerful. But no matter how sinful our past, once we have truly repented of it, once we are made new, that sin has faded away...
Meagan
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Lacy. I knew I'd be reading it soon after finishing Bitter Winter, so my ears certainly perked up when I ran across her name during that read!

Lacy delves into a number of challenging topics; Knight handles each gracefully and thoughtfully. The resolution was a tad speedy, but that may simply be due to the story being novella length rather than a full novel.

While I prefer Bitter Winter, between the two books, Lacy certainly remains a fine addition to the series and worthwhile ti
Elizabeth Koetsier
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and happy story, where love is painted on each page. I so enjoyed getting to know Aaron better, and it is evident that much care and compassion were given to these words. While I don't normally read romance, I was surprised to enjoy it so much. It was also a wonderful picture of God's love for us as sinners. If you're a cautious, conservative person, please don't shy way from this story simply because of Lacy. It is still definitely more adult and I don't recommend it for young readers, ...more
Claire Banschbach
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really really enjoyed this one! I've liked Aaron since we first me him back in The King's Scrolls, so I was very excited to get a story from his POV. I think this is one of my favorite installments of the whole series, even as a novella. I'm not even sure why? It was just a really solid story. I loved all the characters. It just seemed very down to earth, if that makes sense. Anyway, I loved this one and yay for more Aaron!
Naomi
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from the author for promotional purposes. No reviews, positive or otherwise, were required. All opinions expressed are purely my own.
And I enjoyed it a lot! A sweet romance full of redemption, hope, and love. The story grabs your interest in the first chapter and draws you in to keep reading to discover the ending. Another wonderful book, Jaye!
« previous 1 3 next »
Ilyon Chronicles: Lacy Discussion **SPOILERS** 3 17 Feb 02, 2019 03:14PM
Jaye L. Knight is an award-winning author and shameless tea addict with a passion for Christian fantasy. Armed with an active imagination and love for adventure, Jaye weaves stories of truth, faith, and courage with the message that even in the deepest darkness, God’s love shines as a light to offer hope. She writes from her home in the Northwoods of Wisconsin where she lives with her three furbab ...more

Ilyon Chronicles (6 books)
  • Resistance (Ilyon Chronicles, #1)
  • The King's Scrolls (Ilyon Chronicles, #2)
  • Samara's Peril (Ilyon Chronicles, #3)
  • Exiles (Ilyon Chronicles #4)
  • Bitter Winter (Ilyon Chronicles, #5)
  • Daican's Heir (Ilyon Chronicles, #6)
“We don’t come to Elôm because we are worthy; we come to Him because we need Him.” 0 likes