Start by marking “Lacy (Ilyon Chronicles, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Lacy (Ilyon Chronicles, #5.5)

Lacy

(Ilyon Chronicles #5.5)

When Lacy shares a life or death secret with him, Aaron is willing to risk ever
Published December 14th 2018 by Living Sword Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lacy

Start your review of Lacy (Ilyon Chronicles, #5.5)
Leah Good
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely a more grown-up book due to Lacy's "profession" but as someone who cares deeply about fighting human trafficking, I loved this book and Aaron's behavior towards Lacy.
Morgan
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This. Book. Well, I wouldn't exactly recommend it for children or young teens due to thematic material, but I would recommend it for about 15/16 and up. It's so. good. Different from the other Ilyon books due to the lack of Jace and Kyrin, but definitely worth the read. It doesn't delve as deeply into Lacy's issues and psychological damage as Redeeming Love (which I just read) does, but it's still really good and powerful. And that fact lets me be comfortable with recommending it for younger rea ...more
Shantelle
Aw, that was a sweet story! Some excitement and danger, romance, and unexpected happenings. I enjoyed! May have more of a review to come when this novella officially releases!
Sarah Grace Grzy
Wow. In Lacy, Knight takes a difficult issue and writes it into a beautiful and moving story with compelling characters.

As soon as I realized this novella was about Aaron, I was so excited. Aaron needed his own story and I'm so glad he got it. Both Aaron and Lacy were very interesting and realistic main characters and I loved them both. I didn't connect as much with Lacy, but that could be because she had a limited POV. (Or maybe not one at all. I can't remember.) I also enjoyed seeing Timothy
R.J. Rodda
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5

A moving tale of Aaron’s love for Lacy, a girl prostituting herself for the sake of her family. Aaron throws all caution to the wing as he lays down his life to help her find freedom and to keep her family safe. Needless to say, Aaron is quite the hero in this, but Lacy does have a bravery all of her own that shines through.
Erika Mathews
Despite being certainly an adult story, Lacy was so sweet and I loved it. Even though I’m not necessarily a huge romance fan or a huge fantasy fan in general, I absolutely adored this story. There were so many sweet and touching moments, and so many times to sympathize with the characters.

First, I loved the redemption romance aspect – it was first of all a story of Lacy’s relationship with Elom, and second a story of her relationship with Aaron – which is exactly how it should be. I loved how th
Tricia Mingerink
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book as an unexpected surprise. I’ve always loved Aaron, but this book made me love him all the more. He is such a sweet and strong character, and that really comes through in this book! Although Jace (*cough* my favorite character *cough*) isn’t in this one, I still really enjoyed it.
I would recommend this book for older readers since it does deal with prostitution, but the topic is handled really well, as I would expect from Jaye L. Knight.
Faith
Review coming closer to the date of release.
k.m.s.
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW. Such an impactful, inspiring, and heartbreaking story.
There is so much emotion and beauty packed into this little novella that I don't know where to begin!

CHARACTERS
Can we all give Aaron a round of applause? I was a bit hesitant to read a story "starring" him, as while I've liked him as a side character, I wasn't sure how he would carry the weight of his own story.

After finishing Lacy, I'd say he's nearly a strong a protagonist as Jace (in different ways though)

Aaron's story is di
Hailey Rose
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I made the mistake of reading this novella before Bitter Winter so I was slightly confused but nothing too terrible. :) This is the sweetest little novella and such a perfect addition to the Ilyon Chronicles! The depth of the characters, the heartbreaking emotion--ahhh!!! Perfection!
Celestria
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so sweet and perfect😭❤️
Mikayla
I was a little wary of this story, after reading Bitter Winter and figuring out who Lacy was. But somehow Jaye L. Knight managed to make something that I normally wouldn't read into a beautiful, real story.
Aaron was an awesome character. I loved seeing more of him, and his awesome relationship with his brother. His faith was really cool because while he has struggles and makes mistakes, he still has a very strong core faith. Also, his steadfast resolve was awesome.
Lacy was sweet and very reali
Lizzy
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Really sweet story! I enjoyed getting to know Aaron better very much, and Lacy is very sweet. This book had much more...action, if that's the right word, than I was expecting, which I didn't mind at all. :P The mentions of other much-loved characters were cool to spot. Lacy profession is dealt with very, very discreetly--which, knowing the rest of the Ilyon Chronicles, I was pretty much expecting, but was pleasantly surprised by at the same time? But anyway, yes, I really enjoyed this novella.
Serethiel ☽ ✨
AAAAACK I NEED THIS <333 ...more
Michael Hewston
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My only wosh for this book is that it where longer.
C.S. Wachter
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This novella takes gives us a peek into the life of one of the less major characters from the world of Ilyon, Aaron. It is a sweet story of love, redemption, and sacrifice. A quick and enjoyable read. And a must read for fans of Ms. Knight’s Ilyon Chronicles.
Age Appropriate For: 15 and up for talk of prostitution and a child being born as a result (not detailed
Best for Ages: 15 and up

Description: The last thing Aaron ever envisioned was falling for a prostitute. Everything about it spells trouble. However, he can’t help noticing the way her smile lights up when she sees him and how much brokenness she hides behind it. Neither can he ignore how desperately she needs rescue and protection.

When Lacy shares a life or death secret with him, Aaron is will
BookWolf
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books
Lacy is probably my favourite book from the Ilyon Chronicles so far. It reminded me a lot of one of my favourite books, The Reluctant Duchess by Roseanna M. White. Even though the main characters circumstances were difficult and very sad, they chose to trust in God. I don’t think Lacy is a book that you would give to pre-teens for them to read alone, but for older readers, it would be fine. It is very clean, especially considering where Lacy worked at the beginning of the book.

“Scars don’t bothe
Jenni Sauer
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
So I need to be perfectly honest and say that I haven't read any of the other books in this series... The cover caught my attention, as did the synopsis, and I decided to give it a try even though it's book 5.5 (plus it's on Kindle Unlimited...)
So none of the stara knocked off are because I didn't understand what was going on. The author actually did a fairly decent job filling us in. There were only one or two places I was lost, which was far fewer than I expected! For the most part I was able
Jack Baillot
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lacy is one of Jaye's novellas, connected to the Ilyon series. This little novella focuses on Aaron, a not so main, main character from the main series. In this book he meets Lacy, who is working to provide for her family the only way she can, as a prostitute.
The story is tender and delicate and shows God's love in how He saves us from all our sins, even the ones we are most shamed of. Aaron shows this love to Lacy when he pays for her to escape the life she hates and provides for her family a
Bryn
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and endearing, this little story has been a must read of mine since the cover reveal some months back. Short but well paced, Knight tells a tale of worth, redemption and true love no matter the past or the cost.
S.G. Willoughby
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was very helpful in helping me return to reality more gently (though the plot was still plenty to keep me reading way past my bedtime) after the intense ride that Bitter Winter was. :) I read this is two late nights, and it was beautiful.

While Jaye did an amazing job with the giant cast of characters in Bitter Winter, it was nice to have a smaller cast in this one. Timothy and Aaron made great MC's, and I loved their brother relationship.

Yes, the title character is a prostitute. But while J
Laura Guenot
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rebekah Gyger
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Stars

I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that this time around, there were going to be two books released in this series at the same time. Lacy was a character I had not heard of at the time (she is introduced in Bitter Winter), but I had enjoyed Jaye's other novellas, which had to do with Jace. And if you love the story world Jaye has created, then this is a wonderful new addition.

However, I did not feel that the story was all that necessary to the overall narrative. Lacy is not a
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Move over, Redeeming Love, Lacy is here!!!

Okay, I know they are not quite the same, BUT, the unconditional love and the sacrifice are so beautiful!! This was a beautiful book.

Up until this point, when Lacy is introduced (in Bitter Winter), I would have freely recommended this series to anyone. Now, however, Jaye is moving the series into an older audience. Parents of younger kids at least need to be told.

Lacy didn't choose her life and the subject is handled very well, but still, it's prostitut
Hannah Gaudette
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
This book is incredible. We finally get to see from Aaron’s POV. He was a likable character before. Now he’s a favorite. First off, the storyline itself is both difficult to swallow and really, really good at the same time. Jaye’s new character, Lacy, is a prostitute, so that’s naturally going to deal with difficult topics. However, it is handled VERY well, typical of Jaye’s books.

The love story woven in the pages is so beautiful. It unfolds so gently. It’s so real. And the characters! Aaron and
Alyssa
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I almost felt like Lacy was a throwback to all of my favorite things about Resistance (the first Ilyon book). Because of this, it is marked as one of my favorite Ilyon books.

Why? Lacy is a slow(ish) books, focusing more on the characters and their relationships, taking time to, well, take time. I just loved it! Aaron was an excellent main narrator. I didn't remember him a whole lot - his last major appearances, I believe, occurred in book 2 - and I actually found that I enjoyed him! He wasn't as
Daria Doshrelli
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Christian fantasy novella with a lot of heart.
Sure, the Pretty Woman thing has been done a few times, but does it ever get old when it's done well? This novella is part of Jaye Knight's larger series, but I must admit I enjoyed this story more than the longer books. The characters are so sweet and they get their HEA.
If you're looking for looking for something that glorifies the darkness and how bad life is, this book's not for you. Sure, they all have problems and some seem insurmountable, but
Tonja  Condray Klein
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing Ilyon Piece!

This is an exceptional contrasting story that shows how the ultra-religious and the massively-greedy can put regular people into overwhelmingly-breaking situations. I adore how this story shows the amazing power of Grace, Mercy, Family, Friendship, and Love from unlikely places at times. If you haven’t read the previous books then this still a great place to begin. Still... I would suggest you get Books 1-5 first! If you’re even half the reader I am, then you won’t re
Liz Koetsier
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and happy story, where love is painted on each page. I so enjoyed getting to know Aaron better, and it is evident that much care and compassion were given to these words. While I don't normally read romance, I was surprised to enjoy it so much. It was also a wonderful picture of God's love for us as sinners. If you're a cautious, conservative person, please don't shy way from this story simply because of Lacy. It is still definitely more adult and I don't recommend it for young readers, ...more
Ilyon Chronicles: Lacy Discussion **SPOILERS** 3 22 Feb 02, 2019 03:14PM

• Decree (The Blades of Acktar, #5)
  • Dare (The Blades of Acktar, #1)
  • Destroy
  • Deliver (The Blades of Acktar, #4)
  • Defy (The Blades of Acktar #3)
  • Deny (The Blades of Acktar #2)
  • Midnight's Curse: A Cinderella Retelling (Beyond the Tales Book 2)
  • Dagger's Sleep: A Retelling of Sleeping Beauty (Beyond the Tales #1)
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • She Walks in Power (Protectors of the Spear #1)
  • Counted Worthy
  • Romanov
  • Fawkes
  • Escape From Avoria (The Milana Legends, #2)
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • The Case of the Cereal Robber (The Kitten Files, #3)
Jaye L. Knight is an award-winning author and shameless tea addict with a passion for Christian fantasy. Armed with an active imagination and love for adventure, Jaye weaves stories of truth, faith, and courage with the message that even in the deepest darkness, God’s love shines as a light to offer hope. She writes from her home in the Northwoods of Wisconsin where she lives with her three furbab ...more

Ilyon Chronicles (6 books)
  • Resistance (Ilyon Chronicles, #1)
  • The King's Scrolls (Ilyon Chronicles, #2)
  • Samara's Peril (Ilyon Chronicles, #3)
  • Exiles (Ilyon Chronicles, #4)
  • Bitter Winter (Ilyon Chronicles, #5)
  • Daican's Heir (Ilyon Chronicles, #6)

News & Interviews

“We don’t come to Elôm because we are worthy; we come to Him because we need Him.” 1 likes