Start by marking “Author Anonymous” as Want to Read:
Author Anonymous

Author Anonymous

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  1,779 Ratings  ·  625 Reviews
*An intoxicatingly risqué stand-alone book.

She’s an author.
She’s a mother.
She’s a wife.
She’s a fraud, a woman marked and bound by her own deceit.

Experience the astounding tale of how Anonymous battled through a year of scandals and betrayals, how her world fell from its axis with a single choice, and how she lost herself between reality and fantasy.

This is a stand-alone ta
Published August 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Author Anonymous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Author Anonymous

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
Aug 19, 2016 Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 Stars!!

description

“The life you live in as an author is nothing but lies. The men you create, the men you read, it’s all bullshit. I never understood your need for it when you have me.”

Wow! What an emotional journey this book turned out to be. It rarely happens for a book to leave me speechless, but this one really did. I finished this book several days ago and I’m still thinking about it, not only because it was real, raw or taboo, but also because it was one of the most tough-provoking books I’ve r
Candace
Check out more of my reviews at www.bookaddicthaven.com

I definitely had a love/hate relationship with this one. I listened to the Audible version of this book and I was immediately pulled into this story. This is a book that is raw and painful, forcing you to confront emotions that you'd rather tuck away and pretend didn't exist. Life isn't always perfect...and the grass isn't always greener. If nothing else, this book will make you FEEL.

This is the story of Tori, a wife, mother and successful
Anna's Ramblings ツ
4.5 STARS

One word: a TRAINWRECK.

<<<<<<< MILD SPOILERS & RANT ALERT >>>>>>>

Whenever I read a blurb that somehow stands out in the sea of romance books, I have a strong urge to read it, especially if it is taboo or controversial.

So when I saw that this book was based on true events experienced by a successful romance author whose books I had probably read in the past, I HAD to read it. I wasn't disappointed; it does stand out.

This is basically Fucki
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo efadec1847027739ac20bff38dc62a_zpskqdloxoq.gif

First and foremost, I love E.K. Blair and I’m a huge fan of this author. I love the way how Blair can easily bewitch readers with her words, characters and story lines. So when I found out E.K. was going to write a book based on a true story, I was beyond excited and couldn’t wait to get my grabby hands on it. Who wouldn’t be intrigued with a blurb that states, “She’s an author. She’s a mother. She’s a wife. She’s a fraud.” The curious per
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Sep 11, 2016 ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ rated it did not like it
**MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD**

I debated long and hard whether or not to post this review. I've finished reading this book a week or so ago and I had to sit on my review for a bit because of the backlash negative reviews have been getting from fans for this particular book.

I'm going to put aside the whole question of whether or not this book is indeed a true story of someone or a clever but shady marketing ploy. I have my own personal take on it but I won't be discussing it in this review. I'm not als
Mary Elizabeth
May 23, 2016 Mary Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Let me start this off by clarifying something. I went into this book knowing exactly what it was about. E.K. Blair is my friend, and we usually talk about things before we start writing, because that's what friends and authors do. I was one of the very first people to read Author Anonymous once it was complete, not only because I know E.K. on a personal level, but because I really, really wanted it. I was so entirely curious about the real-life story of a writer who isn't what she claims to be. ...more
CC

description

Tori Garrison is a successful romance author married to Landon, an absolute dream and the man she met in college. Her life is full with kids, career and the day to day, and while Tori’s family has been a solid foundation where she feels mostly content, she starts to feel like something is missing. Turning to another author’s advice for book research, Tori establishes an account on a social website that caters to certain sexual lifestyles. Not exactly sure as to what she hopes to find, she experi
 Sonya-❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥
★★★★★5 Stars★★★★★

photo 1471545892741_20160818184802212_zpsvhmotrvp.jpg

photo rfJO72E_zps5or7gerf.png

" Life is messy, and you can't compare reality to fiction because you'll always wind up disappointed.

What in the name of Ed Sheeran did I just read?!! Never in my life have I read such a captivating, destructive, heartbreaking story that made me not only want to pull ALL my hair out, but also had me reaching for top shelf liquor!! As I'm writing this review, I'm still trying to figure out in all that is holy, what I just experienced. Am I in shock, do I need a Valium? HELL.
Loyda
4★★★★ANGRY STARS

Ok this is going to be a totally different review from my usual because honestly, I can't even...

Going in I already knew it was going to be different, this book remind me of ARSEN a lot I had an ULCER the entire time reading this book. However; I just couldn't justify anything Tori did nothing and she was nonredeemable in my eyes. Therefore here's my review in GIFS...

★★★TORI★★★

★★★LANDON★★★

★★★BROOKE-BEST FRIEND★★★

★★★ALEC★★★

★★★AND FOR THAT ENDING★★★

F(BR) with my shhlut War

⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"E.K. Blair" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Author Anonymous
AUTHOR: E.K. Blair
GENRE: ROMANCE | TRUE STORY
CHAPTERS:
RELEASE DATE: August 29th, 2016

MY RATING: 5 STARS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Buddy read with Sonya from 'Chatterbooks Book Blog'

AUTHOR ANONYMOUS: Uniquely told through the voice of E.K. Blair, based on real life events. Moves from 'Present to Past' effortlessly.

A world of lies
Mistrust
Deceit
Temptation
Heartbreak

This is going to be a no f
warhawke
Sep 02, 2016 warhawke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of morally corrupted people :p
Genre: Memoir
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Tori Garrison lived a double life. As herself, she was a loving wife to Landon with two adorable daughters. But when she's Madilyn Kline, a New York Times bestselling author, she was a different person in a different world. A research on a fetish site led her to Alec and that world became dangerous when fantasy was left to rule reality.

I have been intrigued by this book since I first found out about it when I'm not even sure what it
Jan

If this story is not real and the Anonymous Author is just a publicity stunt from E K Blair to make us curious, oh well, kudos to her. It worked brilliantly. She probably is selling it like hot cakes and having a laugh at our expense, happy with her incredible achievement: The Art of Screwing with Others Heads.

If this story is real and the Anonymous Author really exists and asked E K Blair to be her voice and tell her story, I am sorry but I am going to be harsh. AA, I pity you.

I tried so hard n
Jo *Reading Is My Bliss*
Aug 21, 2016 Jo *Reading Is My Bliss* rated it it was amazing
Mind fucked. Completely. Mind. Fucked

That is how I felt at the end of this story. I started this book the way I usually would, with a bit of hope and excitement. I then moved into moments of 'OMG' and 'WTF are you doing' and 'this is not a good idea.' I then felt really worried, pissed off and angry. Then surprisingly there were moments I was completely caught up in the passionate thrills and so bloody turned on I wished I wasn't reading it at work.

Then I moved into complete and overwhelming sad
-Ya
Sep 01, 2016 -Ya rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The fact that Author Anonymous started with a letter to the readers from an anonymous author ‘Tori’ left me no choice but to rate the book based on how I feel about the main character Tori.

Tori is a cheater, a liar and a delusional person.

What is it about this guy that’s worth hurting the ones who love you?

umm... she was a sex addict?

It’s too much responsibility for me to bear, and it only makes me want Alec more because he’s the one that can make all the despair in my world disappear.

Seriously
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Well written. Addicting. Very hard to put down. I think this is one of those books you have to read for yourself. There has been just SO MUCH buzz. And I couldn't hold back. I NEEDED to read this and see what it was about. Overall, I'm really glad I did that. I'm still getting my thoughts together on it, but I really am intrigued to see what everyone thought! I'm still reminding myself that this wasn't fiction! And I was thrown off by the end. I need to time to wrap my head around it all.
Michelle
Aug 20, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This is not an easy review to write. It makes sense, because this was not an easy book to read.

I am going to have to break this down to really do it justice. I want to first state that E.K. Blair did a fantastic job writing this book. She took some pretty difficult things to swallow and created a story that was gripping and had me on the edge of my seat. There is nothing but pure talent showcased on these pages.

But this isn’t just about the ability of the author to write. This is about the aut
Nana
Aug 19, 2016 Nana rated it did not like it
Once again E.K Blair proves that she can evoke emotions with the narrative of the stories she writes. I know I should stay away from this story since I don't read or like cheating stories, but curiosity got the best of me and I was hopeful there would be something that I would empathize with Authors Anonymous, but this was not the case. Putting that aside, regardless of the story being told, I’m still speechless how soulless "Author Anonymous" was, and how her character, lacking better work, evo ...more
Myla
Aug 29, 2016 Myla rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Myla by: CC
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When I finished this book, my first reaction was… WTF! So many emotions involved while reading this book and I thought I figured it out what the ending of this story, but I was wrong, that’s when I want to throw my e-reader, because it’s just too much.

Tori is a well-known author in the romance genre, a mother of two and a wife to a successful chef/restaurant owner Landon. Her life seems perfect and happy, she couldn’t ask for anything more or so she thought.

Then she met Alec, it started innoce
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
1.5 ★'s

Well, I had a whole 'nother review written out but the freakin' last page RUINED it...and ruined the book as well. WTH??

description

Bottom line...this "alleged" author has problems. It's not even about her affair. She's had some things in her childhood that has affected her so greatly that it's messed up her needs.

It was mentioned in the book a few times how she's addicted to the new guy and she truly is an addict....if, and this is a big IF, she even exists.

description

So, if you weren't aware, this book is
Lillian ᴥᴥᴥ SO LYLY
***** 5 Stars *****

This book.... hit me at every level. My feelings towards this is amplified because it's based on a true experience and told in E.K. Blair's magical words. My mind is going crazy.

Author Anonymous is about cheating. You feel the excitement, the butterflies, the nerves. And then you see everything crumbling down.

This is E.K. Blair's best work so far....

The book didn't make me cry, but this story still hurt me tremendously. If you're married with kids, get ready for some serious e
Talon
Aug 14, 2016 Talon rated it it was ok
*I received an ARC in exchange for a HONEST review.*

I am not even quite sure where to start with this so I am going to try my best. I understand that this is someone’s story and I understand that they confided in EK Blair to put these words into a story and I respect that, absolutely I do but that doesn’t mean I understand it or the story line of the book.

I am all over the place with Author Anonymous. These type of books are usually a hit or miss for me. I have read some really good ones and I h
Alexis
Aug 11, 2016 Alexis rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Author Anonymous? Let’s see…it was probably the most addictive read I’ve read in SOOO long. It was a book that equally infuriated me but also had me feeling sorry for her at the same time.

Below are some of the thoughts that actually went through my mind while reading this book:

Seriously?
Oh my god…NO!!
Okay, this is so F-ing hot!
I can’t honestly believe she did THAT.
I should really hate that I’m enjoying this so much.
Ugh! *throws my Kindle*

Yes, those were just a few of the th
⊱ Poppy ⊰
"A story so damning, she couldn't tell it herself"

Seriously, if you ask me to tell you right now what i feel about this book?? i seriously doubt that you'll get any answer form me, i am JUST so angry at her, i am seething, how can she be what she is???? JUST HOW ... I pity you, whoever you are!! SERIOUSLY.PITY.YOU.

I really tried not to judge you but girl you didn't give a choice .. FUCK FUCK FUCK ...!!!

I JUST CAN'T .. JUST CAN'T WRITE A REVIEW RIGHT NOW!!

Ela
Aug 28, 2016 Ela rated it it was ok
Lucy
Jun 22, 2016 Lucy rated it it was ok
review
This is a VERY difficult review to write. I will start with my positive impressions. The story was very well written. I have not read anything by E.K. Blair before, but this made me want to read some of her other work. I will also say that to open up about something so private and reprehensible, takes a certain level of courage. Yes, she is anonymous to us, but she had to share that story with Ms. Blair and I don't care how close they may be, it couldn't have been easy.

That point though, l
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author s
Ang~Dirty Laundry Review
I was so excited to read this book. I hadn’t read EK Blair before, but the blurb intrigued me and I couldn’t wait to jump in. Unfortunately, I didn’t love this book. In fact, I didn’t even really like it all that much, but I had to keep reading because I really wanted to know how it would end. That’s why I’m giving it three stars. I also think the book was well written, and the author certainly held nothing back in telling this story. I’m not sure what I think about the “true story” angle. I’m a ...more
Give Me Books
Aug 21, 2016 Give Me Books rated it really liked it
Please note: We had two reviewers read this book, and their opinions differed. Our star rating has been changed to reflect that, so please read on to see what the girls both thought! That's books, right?!

Damn! This story was addictive! I finished it in a single day because I couldn’t put it down. I think that this story is something that all people, especially romance readers and writers, can relate to.

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t sometimes fantasize about the male lead in my book while La
Chanelle
Aug 29, 2016 Chanelle rated it it was amazing
If I had to pick one word to best describe myself when I finished the last page, it would definitely be speechless. WOW!
E.K. Blair delivers a heart stopping story that will not only shock the panties off you, it's bound to affect you in some way. I do not say this lightly. You’re likely to either love or hate this book. I do not consider it ‘safe’ in any way.

Now that you’ve been warned, don’t scamper away just yet. This book may be everything that some readers avoid. I can respect that. But thi
Linda
Aug 29, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
WOW.

I don't even know what to say. This book was...

Addicting.
Heart breaking.
Gut wrenching.
Raw.
Honest.
Brave.
Intense.

I started this book late at night and I only put it down to get a few hours of sleep. I had to keep reminding myself that this was a true story. This book has consumed my thoughts all day. I'm not even sure what to make of it yet. What I do know is that a book that affects me like this one did deserves 5 stars. Author Anonymous made a great choice in selecting E.K. Blair to write t
Young Adult Conte...: Author Anonynous, by E.K. Blair - Starting October 29, 2016 53 34 Nov 09, 2016 02:26PM
you don't get a free pass 2 58 Sep 23, 2016 08:00AM
The "Author" Revealed?? 125 2084 Sep 14, 2016 09:07PM
Why do you think Author Anonymous wanted her story told? 5 81 Sep 14, 2016 02:02PM
Alec 4 141 Sep 11, 2016 09:00AM
Some Like It Hot!: This topic has been closed to new comments. тeaѕer тυeѕday~ Author Anonymous 8.30 2 71 Aug 30, 2016 05:11PM
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • Barbarian's Taming (Ice Planet Barbarians, #8)
  • Disclaim (Deliver, #3)
  • Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part One (King, #5)
  • What If She Does
  • Pennies (Dollar, #1)
  • Moore than a Feeling
  • The Invisible Lie
  • Amore: Part 1 (Amore, #1)
  • One
  • Chandler (Fixed, #5)
  • Sweet Cheeks
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel #2)
  • Anti-Stepbrother
  • Mr. Mysterious (Mister, #4)
  • Behind Closed Doors
  • The Roman (The Florentine #3)

“And another thing. Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanos and then it subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. No, don’t blush, I am telling you some truths. That is just being “in love” which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.” 3 likes
“And in the end, we were all just humans . . . drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.” ~ Christopher Poindexter” 3 likes