Start by marking “Jillian's Promise (Rose Island, #2)” as Want to Read:
Jillian's Promise (Rose Island, #2)

Jillian's Promise

(Rose Island #2)

Army officer Keith Foster has everything a man could possibly want—a successful career, two adorable sons, and a strong marriage. All that changes when he finds himself in the hospital recovering from a gunshot wound. His request to go home to his family is proving impossible.

According to the doctor, the shooting not only shattered Keith’s body, but it caused him to forg
Published February 3rd 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Jillian's Promise, please sign up.

Start your review of Jillian's Promise (Rose Island, #2)
Lu Bielefeld
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
=====================
My first reading by this author.
divorced couple
alcoholism
heroine has boyfriend
two teenage children
second chance
Christian

After ten years of marriage, two healthy kids, several deployments, and five moves, I could honestly say I loved Jillian and our life together more today than the day we married.

Looking down, she placed a hand on her flat belly. “I wasn’t going to say anything, but I’m pregnant.” “Seriously?”

That horrible night I’d lost both the bab
Debbie DiFiore
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very moving story

What a story! I didn't want to read it but I did. I liked Keith very much and I liked the heroine but they really made me angry. She is dating a very nice guy. I am not sure she was sleeping with him because it never says. It doesn't mention her husband's activities either and honestly I downbeat to know. But Lyla and Avery were interesting characters. Everyone in this book mAde me want to know more about them. Such a very moving book. I liked the family dynamics and how everyth
Sweetpea
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jillian is the love of Keith's life. When he wakes up after being shot, he has amnesia and has forgotten the last seven years of his life. He doesn't remember that they are divorced, that Jillian is now with another man or that his sons are teenagers. As Jillian helps him to regain his memory, he remembers the terrible secret that drove him into his downward spiral. If they are to have a life together again, he must reveal the secret and hope for her forgiveness. I loved this story and the narra ...more
Staci
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely a unique plot for book two in this contemporary romance series. Keith suffers from amnesia but knows he wants his wife Jillian back.

Sweet story and secondary character Lyla was a nice addition.
Martha
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
A story where PTSD was quite well developed and detailed, which I throughly enjoyed.
However, there were some cliches in the story, that I wished were written in a different manner which took this from a four star to a three star.

I loved the writing style and Jillian was so real to me. I wanted to read the story and learn the end! I am enjoying the fact that there are more books written about married couples now than ever before.
Wanda
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine that your Keith and you wake up in the hospital and you have no memory of the last several years of your life. The last thing you remembers is getting on a plane on your way overseas for your deployment, your wife is pregnant, you have two young sons, and your brother-in-law is deploying with your unit. You wake up to find that your sons are teenagers, your brother-in-law was killed, you're divorced, and your wife lost the baby. This is Keith life, it's turned totally upside down.
I loved
Linda
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

I couldn't put this book down until I finished. I was reading while the Dr listened to my heart I was so into this book. I read "Anna's Courage" yesterday and became enthralled with the author's writing and Rose Island. Can't wait to read the next book about Bianca. The characters are great and the book brought tears to my eyes in places but it was a story of romance and faith and made you feel like you actually know these people. I certainly recommend this book! It's a great st
Holly
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a good story! I adored Keith. This story grabbed my attention and held it thorough out. I didn't want to put it down! The characters and relationships were well developed. The relationship between Keith and Jillian was of course the primary focus but there was also a story with Lyla, her daughter, and people in their lives. These two stories intertwined in a very interesting manner. I look forward to more books by this author.
Lyn Brown
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

I am absolutely in love with Rose Island. Keith and Jillian story really touched me. I've been married for 20 years and almost divorced my husband a few years ago, but through God's love and guidance, we've made it. Seeing Jillian and Keith come back together was great
Carol Duncan
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book.

This story is about Jillian and Keith's story and the challenges they face. It is a great continuation of the lives of their families on Rose island. You will enjoy reading it.
Linda Walters
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great review

I have already read Nick and Anna's story. Keith and Jill's story was Every bit as good. Laughter, tears, and so much more. What a gifted author. I cannot wait to find out what happens with Bianca' s story.
Ppianogirl1963gmail.Com
Great read

This book was just as wonderful as the first one in the series. I'm hoping for a third one! ☺
TamiLouise Siddle
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jillian's Promise is the best book by this author so far. While having a predictable ending, it is still a page turner, cleverly written, and relatable to women everywhere. :)
Carolyn S. Brunsdon
Loved it!

What a wonderful web of plots with great characters and intriguing connections from beginning to end. Can't wait till Bianca's story is told. Well done!
Tracey Billing
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if your ex husband was shot a woke with amnesia? This is a great story of love lost and found again, with God as the central figure.
SmallRain
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. I grew up in an alcoholic home and it was no fun. I think the alcoholics dilemma was well portrayed, the powerful urge for just one more drink. I also suffered from PTSD and thought was fairly well described but Keith had only one trigger were I had many. Jillian and her sisters were well portrayed. The religion is there but what type is not stated. To any Catholic it is easily decoded as modern RC. I highly recommend this book.
Michele
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Krstin has become a favorite Christian author of mine. This book was uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging! The story was authentic and real and made my heart happy. I highly recommend this book if you enjoy Christian fiction! I’ll be starting book 3 of this series next. :)
Charlene Davis
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great 2nd book

I love any of the books written with the ocean as a backdrop. The characters from book one to two can be stand alone but much more interesting read in order. Makes the stories pop.
Cassandra
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a beautiful story this was! I cried by the time I've finished it. Kristin definitely knows how to write a heartwarming, realistic story and characters. Really enjoyed it. Just as good as Book one, Anna's Courage. I'm looking forward to reading more of her work!
Kathy
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Rose Island Series

Hope there is more in this series to follow. Kristen Noel Fischer keeps you wanting to continue reading. She delivers a very worthwhile Christian novel. Hope there’s more to come.
Sandie
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A beautifully written story of love and faith. This is a great second chance story of a family that belongs together. I loved Jillian's strength as a woman and mother. I loved that Keith was a good man, but real in his struggles and mistakes. Great lessons in this book.
Lindsay Rankin
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books
I loved this book! It sucked me in and I read it in a day! I highly recommend it, though I also recommend reading the other books in the series in order! Each book builds on the story of the last, even though the main characters are different for each book.
Linda Horin
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining Book

I enjoyed this book as much as I did the first book in Kristin Noel Fischer's Rose Island series. It was a quick, entertaining read with a good faith message, and it kept my interest from cover to cover. This book will not disappoint.
Angeline
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second changes are real

This was my second book reading by this author. Once more i loved the story. Heart warming and a challenge to believe in second chances.
Cindi Garrett
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written!

So glad I found this Christian author! Love her books! Filled full of faith, love, family and the struggles of life in the world today.
Mary Beth Davis
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Ms. fischer’s style of writing. The story was so sweet and loving. Look forward to reading more of her stories!
Sharon
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I loved this book. It was well written and covered hard subjects. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Carilyn
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great story of loss and unexpected redemption.
Joan
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in this series yesterday, immediately downloaded this one, and read it today. I’m starting the third one tonight.
Roxanne
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Rose Island) 2. Jillian’s Promise

The changes in lives because of deceit. But with the love and trust of faith in our savior, your life can be changed.

• A Reason to Live (A Reason to Love #1)
  • Not Until Someday (Hope Springs #7)
  • Only Her Amnesiac Fake Fiancé (Mystical Lake Resort #6)
  • Only Her Hockey Legend (Mystical Lake Resort #7)
  • A Reason to Believe (A Reason to Love #2)
  • A Reason to Forgive (A Reason to Love #3)
  • Not Until Forever (Hope Springs #1)
  • Only Her Blue-Collar Billionaire (Mystical Lake Resort #4)
  • Home to You
  • The Librarian and Her Beast (Middleton Prep #1)
  • Not Until Us (Hope Springs #4)
  • Cher Ami and Major Whittlesey
  • The Forgotten Daughter
  • Not Until This Day (Hope Springs #6)
  • Dance with Me
  • Inca Trail to Machu Picchu: Sixteen strangers and the quest for the holy Facebook photo.
  • All I Ever Wanted
  • Goodnight Beautiful
Kristin Noel Fischer writes stories that combine uplifting women’s fiction with inspirational romance. Her books focus on overcoming tragedy through faith, family, friendship, love, and laughter. Readers enjoy her realistic characters and hope-filled endings.

If you’re looking for a heartwarming, compelling read without gratuitous love scenes or foul language, you’ve come to the right place.

Kristi

Rose Island (4 books)
  • Anna's Courage (Rose Island, #1)
  • Bianca's Joy (Rose Island #3)
  • Vicki's Gift (Rose Island #4)

News & Interviews