Start by marking “Fuoco cammina con me (Hidden Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fuoco cammina con me (Hidden Legacy, #1)

Fuoco cammina con me

(Hidden Legacy #1)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  49,142 ratings  ·  4,521 reviews
Nevada Baylor è alle prese con il caso più rischioso della sua carriera di detective privato e questa volta non è affatto sicura di uscirne viva. Il suo bersaglio è Adam Pierce, un pirocinetico capace di sciogliere un metro cubo di acciaio in meno di un minuto.

A complicare la situazione, nella vita di Nevada compare Connor "Mad" Rogan, un altro mago di primo livello, noto
Paperback, Harmony Blue Nocturne 122, 395 pages
Published March 25th 2016 by Harper Collins Italia (first published October 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Fuoco cammina con me, please sign up.
Briar The cover did not do this book justice and I suspect the person who chose the cover didn't actually read the book. They probably heard words "heroine,…moreThe cover did not do this book justice and I suspect the person who chose the cover didn't actually read the book. They probably heard words "heroine," "hero," "Burn for Me" and decided to make a cheesy PR cover. However, let me be clear. I would not classify this as PR. This is an epic urban-fantasy series that I can not wait to see more of.(less)
Jimmy Have you checked out the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning? I won't lie to you.... The first book..... was work... to get through. Lots of world buil…moreHave you checked out the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning? I won't lie to you.... The first book..... was work... to get through. Lots of world building but I hated the FMC. There is so much character growth though that the series turned absolutely amazing. (less)

·  49,142 ratings  ·  4,521 reviews

Start your review of Fuoco cammina con me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
Kat Kennedy
You'd think with all the bestsellers they have, they'd be able to get some decent covers for their books. Don't get me wrong. I love their writing, but I'm embarrassed to hold these books in the street. ...more
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

For those of you who have been living under a rock don’t already know, Ilona Andrews is my F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E.

Has been since I first read Magic Bites five or six years ago. After I binge-read all the available Kate books, I moved onto The Edge which I also loved, and knowing that the Ilona love was not a fluke, the internet stalking began, in which I discovered the Curran POV Collection and Kinsmen sci-fi short stories, etc.

And the Andrews, have never, not once, let
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
And the moral of this rerererererererererereread is : I don't understand why everyone is so desperately looking for a covid-19 vaccine right now, when they could just call The Butcher of Merida for help. I mean, I'm pretty sure Rogan would make the pesky virus go "splat!" Peaches-style in less time than it takes to say "unleash the murderous crustaceans" and stuff.

I have the best ideas, I know.

👋 Until next time and stuff.

· Book 2: White Hot ★★★★★
· Book 3: Wildfire ★★★★★
· Book 3.5: Diamond F
Robin (Bridge Four)
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: THE ENTIRE WORLD or at least those who like UF without Vampires.
Re-read of the series in May and June

description

5th read and I still love practically everything about this book. It is like coming home after a long trip away and just being so happy to be there again. If you haven't started this series yet you are missing out in my honest and very humble yet biased opinion

Rereading Again....for no reason what-so-ever *whistles nonchalantly*

Buddy Read with Alexa, Athena, Ya, Carole, oOSarahOo, and Sandra

Fantastic and fun buddy read with some great girls. Totally wort
Navessa
Let's talk about expectations, shall we? A few years ago, I went on a business trip to London. I was good friends with the co-workers I traveled with, and already had a fantastic rapport going with our British counterparts because I served as the liaison between our two companies.

The trip was a roaring success; everyone not only got along, but got along really well, and because of this dynamic, we accomplished everything we set out to early on in the week. That left us with a lot of free time t
Jen Davis
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not one of those readers who swears a favorite author can do no wrong. I feel I have to say this because it seems like every time I pick up an Ilona Andrews book, I find myself fawning all over it, like a teenage girl with her first crush. BUT IT'S REAL LOVE. I SWEAR.

This book rocked my socks off as much as any Kate Daniels book ever has. And while the Andrews team has a unique voice that is unmistakable, this book is not Kate: Part 2. The world-building is fantastic and utterly different fr
Nicole
I've read many books this year. I've given only 11, 5 stars. 7 of these are by Ilona Andrews. If that doesn't tell you how good they are and that you need to check out their books, I don't know what will.

Ok, not enough? Fine. Let's see, why would this book be worth it? First, I need you to forget that beautiful hot cover (the male model doesn't even look good, for God's sake...) and the title (because it's not what you think it means). Now let's see the content:

➀ Awesome family. Yes, this is #1
Anne

HIDEOUS COVER ALERT*!
I refuse to blame Andrews for this ridonkulous looking cheese-fest, but I wish that whoever is in charge of this sort of thing at Avon would get a clue.
This looks like the sort of thing I've come to expect from crappy PNR, not Urban Fantasy. This cover doesn't say kick-ass story between these pages, it says Fabioish romance inside.
Well, guess what?
They don't have sex in this book.
The folks who were hoping for a little *bow-chicka-wow-wow* (thanks to the cover)
chan ☆
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
so i'm going to leave my initial review below bc i think it's funny how differently i feel about this book now!

i definitely stand by my assertion that this book is best consumed with eyes on page. the audiobook narrator for the male love interest did NOT do him justice. and i do think that while nevada is a perfectly fine main character, she isn't overwhelmingly special.

but that being said, i really did enjoy this book the second time around. i think the nuance to mad rogan's character was reall
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
*****5/3/2017*****

There is a Mad Rogan POV scene on IA's site!!!!!

5 If I Could I Would Kidnap IA And Make Them Tell Me Stories Forever Stars

There might(definitely) be untagged SPOILERS.

In 1863 European scientists discovered the Osiris serum, a concoction which brought out one’s magic talents. These talents were many and varied. Eventually the world realized the consequences of awakening godlike powers in ordinary people. The serum was locked away, but
Corina
Every book by Ilona Andrews has been exceptional so far.

IA books have the best world building, they are always incredibly stunning in detail and description. But they also never overwhelm with super in depth descriptions as some high fantasy books do. The detail are just enough to make me feel like I could see it with my own eyes. Whenever I read one of their books I dive into a world that's vibrant, fascinating and keeps me glued to the pages until the very end. Their books are non-stop reads f
Em Lost In Books
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star, 2018, 2020, 2010-19
Definitely got better on reread... but I still hate that cover!
Jilly
If the writing team of Ilona Andrews decided to write an instruction manual on how to use my dishwasher, I would buy it, stay up all night reading it, chuckle out loud while my family sleeps obliviously, and highlight all of my favorite parts until the pages were so yellow that it looked like my dogs took turns "marking" it as their own. In other words, I'm a fan.

This book hit every one of the happy spots in the Big Book Map that is located in my brain. It's like one of those old Nintendo Mario
Adina
I wanted a fast pace Urban Fantasy with a strong but caring heroine, a dangerous Alpha love interest with a hidden heart and some smut. Burn for Me delivered on all accounts. Urban Fantasy is my go to genre when I need something light, fun and the right amount of sexy. Ilona Andrews is one of my favourite writers for this type of books and I knew I couldn’t go wrong with her new series. I love Kate Daniel’s adventure but I wanted something new and maybe a little bit more romance so decided to st ...more
1st read - October 2014
14th read - May 2020
15th read - August 2020
16th read - March 2021
17th read - July 2021

Original Review

I'm a massive fan of Ilona and Gordon Andrews's Kate Daniels series, in fact I'd put it
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
After the brilliant Magic Breaks, Burn for Me further proves that Ilona and Gordon can do whatever the hell they want and it will always be gloriously entertaining!

Only three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and good UF from Ilona Andrews. There aren’t many authors who can be counted upon to always deliver the best, but Ilona and Gordon are among them. Burn for Me is just another in a long string of successes for this husband-and-wife writing team.

Please don’t let the cover and the tit
Melindam
description

This statement has never been more true than for this particular book. The cover just screams "cheap-romance-with-sex" and if it hadn't been for the recommendations of Tadiana & Steven I probably wouldn't have touched it with a barge-pole (yes, I am a booksnob).

But I listened to reason (recommendations), wrapped the book in thick paper & started reading ... and then I got hooked & I had great fun.

The story has everything you need and in perfect proportions: nice world-building with urban fantas
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Review also posted at Fantasy Literature:

The husband-wife author team of Ilona Andrews began their new Hidden Legacy urban fantasy series in 2014 with Burn for Me. The initial trilogy is finished and a spin-off series is starting soon, beginning with Diamond Fire (starring Nevada's younger sister Cassandra) that promises to be lots of fun!

In an alternative reality to our world, a serum discovered in 1863 unleashed people’s magical talents. As the powerful and rich sought the serum as a new way
Aisling Zena
Re-read 7/8/21, 29/7/19

10/5/17

Rogan POV from Burn for Me (Part 2)

30/4/17

Re-read! I needed a pick me up and this was perfect.

12/3/17

Rogan POV from Burn for Me (Part 1)

5 stars

description

If there is something Ilona and Gordon Andrews excel at is world building. And once again they weaved their magic and I fell for it! I love this book! Crushing hard on Mad Rogan and Nevada, in the modern vernacular totally shipping them!

N
Haïfa
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf, reread, audiobook
You can find this review and more at Novel Notions.

Third and fourth read: for no reason at all 😏

Second read: I'm in a phase in my reader's life where I need a comfort read. And what better choice than an Ilona Andrews's series? :D

Actual rating: 4.5 stars.

This book is hot stuff!
And I'm not using the word "hot" based on the cover (ugly and misleading) or the title (deliberately equivocal?). I had a blast reading "Burn for me": it was fun, it was fast-paced, it was intriguing and, let's be honest,
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I read this book for the Unapologetic Romance Readers' New Years 2017 Reading Challenge. For more info about what this is, click here.

I'm not very good at fangirling, but some books make me want to try. BURN FOR ME makes me want to try. It was so good. The heroine, the villainous antihero, the magic system, the world-building...it was all so, so good. Reading this transported me to childhood again, when I could completely immerse mysel
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
BUUURRRRNNNNN!

Not a real review, but this book is eons better than that cover. I don't know how Ilona Andrews keeps coming up with a never-ending set of AMAZING urban fantasy realms without them feeling stale. This writing team is everything. The second book can't come fast enough, and I actually think I like it better than the Kate Daniels series.

Winner.
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
Re-read in Audio this time.

HELL YESSSS TO THIS SERIES!!! Lemme tell ya, Mad Rogan has some mad skills.

I GIVES IT 10 STARS

I love Ilona Andrews books and this book was no exception. It's like the author sprinkled crack on the pages, I just couldn't stop reading. I didn't want it to end. EVER. Seriously, were do they come up with this brilliant, magical stuff?

I love the writing, all the humor, the action, the romance and everything about the characters. It's really easy to relate to Nevada, she'
Helen 2.0
Buddies, who's up for a White Hot BR on the release date?????? Let me know!
----------------------
There was a fluid, magnetic grace in the way he moved. All those muscles I had been admiring yesterday were just a by-product of his journey toward his goal. And the goal was power. Raw, lethal power. All of him, his incredible strength, his blinding speed, his flexibility, dexterity, and stamina blended together to achieve an almost feral savagery. Tiny hairs stood on the backs of my arms. It was
Deborah Obida
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Deborah by: Tessy Ijachi
As much as I hate the cover, Tessy said its an amazing book and won't stop gushing about it. In return I gave her one of my favourite books to read. Guess what? She was right, I loved it.

#Experimental love read.

I don’t even know where to begin this review from, I love the book, charcters, magic, plot etc. But I still find it hard to review this. Urban fantasy and 3 star reviews have always being my hardest to write but I will do my best to make this good.

World building and Writing
The magic sys
Kat
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-4
I love the writing team of Ilona Andrews. Their urban fantasy books are always chock full of adventure , magical elements and humor, and this series, featuring freelance detective Nevada Baylor is a great new one. Nevada usually investigates small-time magical criminals, but due to circumstances is forced to take the case of an extreme magic user who could incinerate all of Houston. Mad Rogan, a famous mage, is also searching for him, and they team up. I lvoed the chemistry between them, as well ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Alright, first things first. What were they smoking at the Avon Romance office the day they decided to choose this as the cover? IT'S SO HORRIBLE. If anything, it stopped sales instead of encouraging them. Jesus, some bad decisions were made that day.

All that out of the way, this was an excellent start to a series. No one does world building like the Ilona Andrews team. Burn for Me is about Nevada, a private investigator who is sucked into a job she is not expected to complete. A fire
⚓️
4 stars ✨

”So instead of talking to me, asking for my credentials, or doing any of those things a normal person would do, you decided to assault me and chain me in your basement?”
He shrugged, a slow, deliberate movement. “It seemed like the most expedient way to obtain the information. And let’s be honest, you weren’t exactly harmed. I even took you home.”
“You dumped me on my doorstep. According to my mother, I looked half dead.”
“Your mother exaggerates. A third dead at most.”
I stared at him.
Angela
May 2019 Re-read: *sighs happily* I love this series.

November 2016 Re-read: This gets better and better each time. Though it's over far too quickly. I need the next book! May 2017. *sigh*

30 November 2015: $1.99 on Kindle

25 October 2015: $1.99 on Kindle

October 2015 re-read: Okay, couple of addendum points to my review. I still have questions about the world-building, but I trust that it'll be further explored in future books. However, on a re-read I've noticed things that I simply didn't the firs

• Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1)
  • Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • Written in Red (The Others, #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
See top shelves…
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade ...more

Hidden Legacy (6 books)
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Ruby Fever (Hidden Legacy, #6)

Articles featuring this book

“You seem to be under the impression that I work for you and you can give me orders. Let me fix that." I hung up.” 179 likes
“Yes, I'm a hermit. Mostly I brood," Mad Rogan said. "Also, I'm very good at wallowing in self-pity. I spend my days steeped in melancholy, looking out the window. Occasionally a single tear quietly rolls down my cheek.” 141 likes