Start by marking “Even the Score” as Want to Read:
Even the Score

Even the Score

Single dad Andy Shaw loves his job as a sports agent, with one exception: it doesn’t leave him much time for his kids. No parent likes being sidelined, so Andy decides to hire someone to share the workload. But when one of the hottest agents in the industry applies, Andy knows that this deal is definitely trouble.

Danicka Douglas works her butt off, but being an attractive
Published September 6th 2016 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Even the Score, please sign up.

✦❋Arianna✦❋
May 26, 2016 rated it liked it
3 Stars!!

description

Beth Ehemann delivered a cute little gem with just a little bit of suspense and drama that I’m sure will appeal to readers who are looking for a sports romance/office romance. Apparently this author’s newest release is a spin off from her “Cranberry Inn” series but of course it can be read as a standalone. While this was just an okay read for me I have to say I quite enjoyed the author’s writing, so maybe I will read one of her upcoming books in the future.

Andy Shaw worked hard over th
Christy
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 'Dandy' Stars!

photo quotYoure too good to be real.quot-3_zpsp4a8aczf.png

Andy Shaw… I’ve been waiting for Andy’s book from the moment I met him (and saw him get away from his evil ex-wife) in the first book of the Cranberry Inn series. Andy is everything I love in a hero. He’s sweet, sexy, kind, and to top it off- he’s a great dad. I’m a sucker for single dad books and this one really hit the spot!

Andy Shaw is a successful sports agent who spends most of his time working. He doesn’t want it to be this way- he’s got two kids at home who need him, so
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance
3.5 Learning Not to Keep Score Stars
* * * 1/2
This was my first Beth Ehemann book but will not be my last. There was care, humor, smart dialogue and pacing with strong characters.

The idea for a series of a close knit circle of friends through the years is not a new one but it can be a solid way to draw the readers to feel comfortable and want to know about all of characters over time. This was the sense I got from the start.

With our main couple for this book, they had a past knowledge of each o
NMmomof4
DNF @ 59%

For those of you that know me, you know I am one impatient chick. So the fact that they both only had crushes on each other, but otherwise just have interacted professionally (except one night with a few heated kisses that felt kinda out of nowhere tbh) at 59%?!?! Yeah, not for me. I started to want to skim. I knew about the stalker by the blurb, but I felt like there was no hope for any type of relationship soon because they are dealing with the stalker drama. I think I can see where i
Wil Loves Books!
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
I listened to the audio book. Christian Fox's voice has become one of my favorites. Anyway, this one is super sweet. Totally in love with Andy and Danicka was a likeable, smart and sassy heroine. I found the stalker storyline to be super predictable. Regardless, I loved this one!
BookLover
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Montlake Romance in exchange for an honest review.

Everyone who has read the Cranberry Inn series knows Andy, Brody’s best friend. I really liked Andy and hated his wife/ex-wife, almost as much as I liked him. I truly couldn’t understand why Andy was with her and when he decided to divorce her, I was thrilled. I was even more thrilled when I learned we were going to get a story for Andy!

Andy felt so much guilt over not getting to spend as mu
Whitney
5 Brody Murphy, who? stars

If you have been following my reviews on this interwoven series then you know that I have mad love for Brody Murphy. He was the perfect catch in Room for You and my love for him grew with every book Ehemann released. Even Viper, with his crude jokes and tats, couldn't top Brody for my book boyfriend of this series. But now, it's with a not-so-heavy-heart that I tell you that Brody has been replaced by Andy Shaw. *swoon*

I recommend that you read the first three in the
Cyndi
This was good! Andy is a sweetheart and I liked the way their relationship evolved!
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Beth Ehemann is such a smart writer. Her stories are always the perfect blend of humor, romance and authentic dialogue between captivating, relatable characters. I'm bias because I happen to think this author is one of the most refreshing writers around so I went in to Even the Score expecting to love it. I was not disappointed.

Andy's story definitely feels a bit different from Brody's and Viper's, so if you're expecting more of the same, you'll be in for a surprise. The only things similar are
Denisa
2.5 Well, wasn't this boring.

This was one of those forgettable books. The guy was a pretty weak character and unfortunately, the chick didn't compensate too much. Even the plot was pretty long and boring and skimmable. Everything was just so damn predictable!
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
ARC kindly provided for an honest review given by author and Netgalley

Even The Score is the first book by Beth Ehermann that I have had the privileged to read and review for an honest review, and what a book it is! Even The Score is out for all readers on September 6th!

This book slowly become one of my favorites due to the combination having a single dad of TWO as the male protagonist, and the equality of gender role jobs coming from the female protagonist. Golly! Beth Ehemann did such an incr
Annika
description

While I was looking forward to reading this book (I'll be eager to read anything Beth Ehemann puts out, no matter what), I was also a little wary. I liked Andy well enough in the previous books, he seemed to be a great guy, but he also came across as rather boring and, I'll just say it as it is, a total wuss. The way he let himself be treated by his bitchy (now ex-) wife really put me off.
I'm happy to say, though, that Andy definitely managed to redeem himself in my eyes. He's become your typica
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Even the Score by Beth Ehemann
3 stars!!

“You moved in for safety and now you’re gonna stay for love. Deal?”

This was my first read by Beth Ehemann and it certainly won’t be my last. Having since been told that this book is a spin off from The Cranberry Inn series it seems I have my work cut out in catching up with this band of merry men. It was the synopsis that drew me into this book, having worked in sports management for most of my working life I am always intrigued to see if an author gets
Juanita
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audios
This was my first book by this author. Not bad. Absolutely loved Andy!! Danicka is a stubborn woman but I understand her reasons. I need to read the other series connecting to this one (Brody and Viper)
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
It would be fair to say that Andy has a crazy busy life. He is a very successful businessman, managing some incredibly talented professional sport stars. He is also pretty much solo parenting his two children after his marriage ended.

His ex wife was someone he thought he would be with forever until the money he made got to be more important to her than the people in her life. Andy is a forever kind of guy. When he falls in love with someone, he is all in. It was like that initially for him with
Irene
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I really enjoyed Even the Score.

The storyline kept me entertained and turning the pages.
Andy and Danicka were likable, strong, stubborn and passion characters that took time to get to know each other while working together before giving into their feelings.
While I enjoyed watching their romance unfold, Danicka did frustrate/annoy me a little with how stubborn she was at times. I totally understood her reasons and while it didn't take anything away from my overall reading enjoyment I felt
Linda
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle

Ahhh. That was nice!

Even the Score was a quick and easy read for me. It is a sweet, office romance with a bit of suspense added in to the mix. I enjoyed it.

Andy is Brody and Viper's agent from the Cranberry Inn and Cement Heart series respectively. However, this is a standalone novel and though Brody and Viper make appearances in this book, it is not necessary to read those books first.

I have read all of Beth Ehemann's full-length novels (I have one novella to go!) and while this one w
Beth Hudspeth
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
Another book from my bookworm box!
The first book I’ve read from Beth Ehemann and I am pleasantly surprised. There were so many elements to this story. I was expecting only a workplace romance but you get so much more! Loved it!
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
This was my first Beth Ehemann book I believe and it was pretty decent. There were a few things that I didn't care for but overall it was enjoyable.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review
Dominika
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5
AJ
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

I loved this one!

This book can be read as a standalone, but technically it follows on from the Cranberry Inn and Viper’s Heart series, and is the story of sports agent, Andy Shaw. Andy has appeared in each book of the previous series, and I loved seeing him finally get his happy ending.

Andy has worked hard to build his career and not only is he an agent to a range of successful athletes (Brody and Viper included), but he runs his own very successful company. He is also a single father to
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This was a cute story. I wasn't expecting Andy to be so likable at first. He is a sought after sports agent and I really was expecting him to be arrogant. He was actually more sensitive. He was a great father and a man who expressed that he liked having a relationship. He didn't run the other direction just because his first marriage didn't work out. I loved his best friends. I'm definitely going to check out if they have their own books. Dani was another story. She was an up and coming sports a ...more
Raine
It didn't hit it out of the park for me

I didn't read the Cranberry Inn series or Viper's series, but I don't think I needed to read those before reading this book. I thought this was a nice story. It was a nice romance with a nice couple. I just didn't read feel the chemistry and connection between the two main characters.

Ellie, Andy's assistant/receptionist, formed a friendship, or should I say attachment, to Danicka so quickly it made my head spin. If felt like it borderline stalkerish and cl
ItaPixie
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I didn't know what to expect from this story after I've met Andy in the previous books in the series but I have had a good time knowing him and his kids better.

I loved Andy,he is a great man and an amazing father...he was unlucky in the wife department but he fixed that problem getting a divorce and becoming a single dad.
I was so glad fate put on his way the beautiful Danicka, and even if their journey didn't start under the best of luck I've appreciated how our Hero take care of her.

I've read

Three Chicks
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review by Jen Skewes

Even the Score is the book that I have been waiting for. After reading The Cranberry Inn Series and meeting Andy I knew I needed his book. I loved Brody but there was just something about Andy. From the moment I knew he was divorcing his bitch of a wife I wanted his story. And Beth Ehemann did not disappoint. If anything she completely exceeded my expectations and made me fall in love with Andy even more than I already have.

What I love about this series the most is
Jamie
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible
Going into this book I was super excited at the possibility of a hot office romance that takes place in the sports world. After all, Andy and Danicka are both agents for some prime players. Andy has his own business and Danicka has been working for a couple of douche canoe's .... when Andy decides to take on a partner, Danicka takes the opportunity to bring her roster to Andy and grow with a new business. The set up was great! There was chemistry from the first meeting and they had a lot in comm ...more
Ashley
2.5ish cute but a bit boring, bland and so little depth.
I loved the Cranberry series but this seems like a really diluted quality to me.
My gut is to click two stars but I didn't dislike it I just truly didn't like it. I think indifference with a bit of eye rolling would describe my reactions.

She claimed her Dad and best friend were great, but in later chapters claimed no one had ever done anything special for her (like Ellie's bday surprise). She claimed her bestie was so great but then later
Patricia
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, netgalley
Even the Score is a cute story about taking chances, overcoming past disappointments and embracing the unexpected in order to find true happiness.

I first fell in love with Andy while reading the Cranberry Inn series in 2014 and I was beyond excited when Ehemann announced Andy would be getting his own book. He was everything I hoped he would be and more; his doting ways were absolutely swoon worthy. Each role Andy portrayed was genuine and I adored seeing him in his many hats.

Danicka was fierce
Emma
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Super cute office romance with a tiny bit of suspense added in! I have loved all this author's work so it was no surprise that I enjoyed reading this wee gem. Fairly predictable plot but great characters and cute banter!
İlkim
Aslında fena değildi ama şöyle ki kurguda kopukluk var bir sürü. Aksiyonlu kısımları iyi gibiydi ama sonuçlanma şekli hoşuma gitmedi. İyi ki Room For You okumuşum da birkaç karakteri tanıyordum. Viper'ın hikayesini okumadım, artık okumaya üşenirim de. Hatta bu kitaptaki Andrew sanırım o room for you kitabında da varmış ama hatırlamam ne mümkün. İyi gidiyordu, yazar sonunu aceleye getirince bir garip oldu benim için.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Even the Score, by Beth Ehemann - starting March 12th 24 16 Mar 26, 2018 06:59PM
  • On the Line (Hometown Players, #5)
  • Hooked
  • Backfield in Motion (Seattle Lumberjacks, #4)
  • Holding Holly (Love and Football, #4.5)
  • Some Day Somebody
  • Cross Check (Bayard Hockey, #2)
  • #Vacay
  • Beneath the Surface
  • Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)
  • Can't Resist a Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #3)
  • Stay with Me
  • The Older Man
  • The Janitor (The Contenders, #1)
  • Fool's Gold
  • Bad Vibes (The Edge of Texas #3)
  • Our Time
  • Bigger Than Beckham (Philadelphia Patriots, #3)
  • The Sound of Serendipity
Beth Ehemann lives in the northern suburbs of Chicago with her husband and four children. When she's not sitting in front of her computer writing, or on Pinterest, she loves reading, photography, martinis and all things Chicago Cubs and Blackhawks!
“Why are you so good to me?”
… I leaned forward and kissed her forehead gently. “Because whether or not you’re ready to admit it, you’re my girl.”
2 likes
“Oh my God.” A smile rolled slowly across Ellie’s lips as she looked back and forth between the two of us. “I feel like I’m watching the most adorable conversation on the playground right now. Are you two going steady now?” 1 likes