Start by marking “Release Me (The Music Within, #2)” as Want to Read:
Release Me (The Music Within, #2)

Release Me

(The Music Within #2)

Fifteen Years…

For fifteen years, Cade Anderson, drummer for the world-famous rock band 7’s Mistress, has been in love with his best friend, the band’s lead singer. Even though it’s been years since they were lovers, Cade still wants the man. When his best friend falls in love with someone else, life as Cade knows it is over. The band breaks up and Cade has to figure out ho
Published April 28th 2016 by Bramblerose Press

To ask other readers questions about Release Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Release Me

Start your review of Release Me (The Music Within, #2)
Judith

Jan
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, ku, rock-star
*** 3.75 Stars ****

I thought, a cowboy and a rock star??
Hmmmm....🤔
Well, in case you wondering, it worked!

✔Opposites attract trope.

Shile
Oct 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, 2020, lgbtqiap, mm-romance
Wendy

Wow......Loved it !! 5 "opposites attract" stars from me :)

photo opposites-attract-quotes-funny_zpsmzgyis49.jpg

I've read book 1 a while ago, so I already know who Cade was. He was quite the asshole in book 1, but what can I say.....I love redeemable assholes !! For those book who haven't read 1, this can be read as a stand alone. I enjoyed reading the first book though, just not as much as I did this one !

photo 850111._SX540__zpsxo9pg2hy.jpg

Cade has been the drummer for 7's Mistress for 15 years. He has also been in love with his best friend, the lead singer, for just a
Elsbeth
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it

Rockstar Cade

description

Cowboy Mal

description

This had me rolling my eyes a bit in the beginning but it turned out fine. I was glad I didn't read the first installment cause Cade would've driven me crazy with his "Tag-this-Tag-that". Far too much comparisons with Cade's first love Tag for my taste!!

I liked Cade's protectiveness. Although he had grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth, he wasn't an ass about it. He just liked to use his money to take care of his people. Mal had grown up quite differently
Renée
Okay........I made it all the way through. I didn't DNF.

And I suspect it's a case of it's me and not the book. We all have our tastes, right? The type of writing and stories that we flock to and those we just stay the hell away from.

Me? My tastes are simple tales of everyday people where authors really spend time on character building and relationship building. There needs to be some angst, and there needs to be a HEA. And, above all, there needs to be REALISM in my romance. That's the good st
Lelyana's Reviews
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lelyana's Reviews by: Mihaela

* 4,5 stars*

Not a secret that I love fairy tales in my books.I found out that this series is a modern fairy tales, you know, cheesy, eye rolling romantic, stubborn MC, and I enjoyed it. And a definite HEA added to that, I'm a happy girl.

I never hated Cade in Tag's story, I dunno, I think Tag was a little douche let him hanging in the past. Of course he said no to Cade million times, but clingy Cade need a strong hand to make him go and forget his love for Tag. And Tag was just like let him love
~Kristin~
3.25 Stars
This one was a mix of things I liked and some meh not so much. It was just ok.
Nadine
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wasn't aware this was the second part of the series when I started this book, I think it can be read as a standalone, but I won't go back to book 1 because a lot was given away in this installment.
Ah, this was a wonderful book. Two very different men fall in love. Rockstar Cade is looking for a new band after his former band split up and cowboy, farmer and barkeeper Mal is fighting against old demons and new problems as the farm he lives with his (nearly) blind mother is in financial trouble.
W
Johann Shah
He grabbed his cock and started stroking. He propped his empty hand against the wall of the shower, his head thrown back, eyes closed. His thoughts immediately went to the same scenario it always did when he tugged one out. Bright green eyes stared up at him from his knees as that beautiful mouth wrapped around Cade's length. Only this time, the eyes were sapphire blue, and the mouth belonged to someone different. Someone new.

Kincade Anderson was a world's well-known rock star and filthy ric
Carra
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You know when you finish a book and you just sit for a few minutes thinking, “Wow, that was a truly satisfying read!”? That was me when I finished Release Me. This was an all-around wonderful story with characters I loved, a well thought out and executed plot, a perfect blend of emotion, drama and heat…and an ending that put a huge smile on my face (even if the epilogue was a little sappy-it still had me grinning!). And even though there’s apparently some backstory to be found in the author’s bo ...more
Steffi
I haven't read the first book in this series but I didn't have any troubles with the mentioned previous storyline and it can be perfectly read as a standalone.

I enjoyed this book a lot!!
There are many things which might have bothered me in other books but the couple is just great so that I could ignore some flaws.

I really liked the contrast between the couple: rich rockstar vs. poor farmer boy. Despite the differenced they have a lot in common and enjoyed both being grown men with both feet down
Tina
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

4,5 stars.

Lisa Cullinan
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read
Faith does it again

For those of you who were floored by Deliver Me, the first book in the series, rest assure you will NOT be disappointed by Release Me. Cade Anderson was the drummer for 7's Mistress (coolest band name ever) who managed to make a complete mess of his life by the end of book one. I always felt that he needed a chance to redeem himself—well, he got it!
Just so you know right up front, the former band members play no part in Release Me. I thought I'd miss Tag and company, but hones
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all I loved this story. I read the first book Deliver Me and enjoyed that one but this one had more for me. Loved Cade in the first book and my heart broke for him when Tag found someone new and fell in love. Cade felt more for Tag than he felt for him and I was hoping he would get a HEA. This book picks up about 3 months after the band breaks up and Cade went out to take his mind off Tag and winds up in Mal's bar. The sparks fly from there and the chemistry between this 2 are off the c ...more
Santy
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!!

This was a lovely story about two completely opposite people meeting and falling in love.

It was fluffier than I expected and for a rock star, Cade was exceptionally thoughtful,caring and dedicated to his man .Now I didn't read book 1 where apparently Cade acted like a right bastard but the Cade I met in this book was wonderful and seemed to be repentant enough of his previous actions.

I loved the struggling,troubled, closeted cowboy Mal initially but he nearly lost me by the way he o
bookfaerie
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was a bit of a rating rollercoaster for me. I began liking it very much; until it became too sappy and predictable. I hate that about a story so my rating quickly dropped to a 2 star. Then, out of the blue, the story became angsty and emotional and it captured my interest again. So, my rating increased with it to a 4. Unfortunately, in the end, it once again became too sappy and predictable so I had to take away another star; which leaves this at mediocre for me.

The MC's are likable an
K
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get this book, Release Me, by Faith Gibson. When I read Deliver Me, that was the first time reading anything from this author. I fell in love with those characters and the author’s writing style and was hooked immediately. Both stories are definitely re-reads on my shelf. Release Me delivers the same attention to detail with in-depth characters that will win your heart within just a few pages.

We met Cade, the drummer for 7’s Mistress, in Deliver Me and he was the epitome of s
Christine
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, m-m-read
4.5 Stars

Cade was a dick in the 1st book but this book shows him in a whole different light. Malcolm is such a strong man to have survived all his torments. This story will make you laugh, cry, cuss and every other emotion that you can feel as them 2 men find their way.
Melissa Mcentyre
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Release Me, Book 2 from 7's Mistress Deliver Me start of The Music Within series by Faith Gibson is a can’t but down read. Release Me can be read as a standalone but you understand more of the angst and character bonds if you read Deliver Me first. I was given this for a fair review.
Kincade “Cade” Anderson was the drummer and trouble maker in the rock band 7’s Mistress. 7’s Mistress is no more; Cade lost his friends and his way.
Malcolm “Mal” Wilson is dirt poor bar owner and farmer in the clo
Nikki
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Music Within Me Series and I’ve got to say I love this book. Faith Gibson’s writing and story telling only gets better with each book.
When we left Cade in Deliver Me he seemed broken and unredeemable. In Release Me, we learn that is far from the truth.
Cades story begins three months after the break up of the Band 7’s Mistress and Cade finds himself a drummer without a band. On a chance trip to a honky-tonk in BFE, Kentucky — Cade meets the sexy bar keeper Mal.
Mal has no
Abbey's Fully Booked
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Release Me is book 2 in The Music Within series, however I haven't read the first book in the series, so it most def can be read as a standalone as I don't feel like I missed anything by not reading it.

This was my first book by Faith, and I really enjoyed her writing style. The story line and character development was thoroughly thought out and came together well in the end.

Cade and Mal's journey to HEA wasn't pretty yet was so beautiful at the same time. They were both such very different peo
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Faith is an amazing author!!! This is not the first book I've read by this author and certainly will not be the last. I absolutely love her writing, she takes you through the full range of emotions with her writing.
Kincade "Cade" Anderson's life was falling apart all around him... The band he was in, 7's Mistress, broke apart and the "love" of Cade's life married another man. For three months he was constantly drunk trying to forget about Tag and Eric. Then a sexy as sin cowboy took home to sl
Kristina
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Release Me by Faith Gibson

Sometimes when you read a book and it's so excellent that you can't put it down and when you're finished with the book you have a hole in your heart because you'll miss the characters in the book - well that's how I felt while reading and when I finished Release Me by Faith Gibson.
This is the first time I've ever read anything by Faith Gibson but it certainly won't be the last time.
The story which is a m/m romance is about hot as sin and sweet as candy rock star drumme
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Release Me is a m/m romance and I loved this book. Faith Gibson knows how to write a book that just drags you into the story and you just know that you have to finish reading this book before you can get anything done. At least that is what this book did to me! Forget housework, forget errands, just forget so you can read this book.

This is Cade Anderson and Mal (Malcolm) Wilson’s story. I will let you read the synopsis that Faith Gibson wrote.

We first learned a little bit about Cade Anderson i
Dariteone86
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
*ARC for honest Review*

Ahhhh what can I say. I loved this book. I didn't know if I would be able to read about Cade after what happened with Tag but I could not stop reading. I did get sad about Malcom's past story. Love is love and it shouldn't matter what sex the other person is.

Three months after Mistress7 splits up Cade is looking for another band to play with. In music city, Tennessee, Cade meets Mal at a bar. Too drunk to dive to the hotel, Mal offers to bring him home for the ni
Raj
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Despite it's mouth watering cover this book at times made me feel like a traveler in the desert.And like the desert, it was hot in parts but extremely dry in other areas.I could not wait for the journey to end so that I could get a drink of water!Maybe tighter editing would have made it more appealing as some chapters were totally unnecessary.

Cade the musician had to have had the patience of a saint to put up with the stubbornness that Malcolm his cowboy exhibited at times.Despite it's rock & ro
Karlijn
I loved it, it was really good and hit me in the heart. But that end. I'm a huge fan of HEA, like huge! But the epilogue wasn't my thing. I was too big. Just, no. It's a book I will read again, but I will skip the epilogue. ...more
thunderlightning
3 stars

This book could’ve been so good, but half the time I just wanted it to get it over with and be over. Like I those 300 pages just stretched on and on.

Both MCs aren’t bad, but also not that remarkable. The writing is good. The plot is decent i guess. I just didn’t feel this book at all.

The conflict pissed me off. Even though Mal had absolutely all the reasons in the world to be pissed, somehow he ended up forgiving Cade and make it out to be that his pride is the thing that made him stub
Melissa Mendoza
Blurb:

Fifteen Years…

« previous 1 3 next »

• The Stopping Place
  • When You Come Back to Me (Lost Boys, #2)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Spring Strings
  • Pieces of Me (Missing Pieces, #2)
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • Pieces of Us (Missing Pieces, #3)
  • King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Call the Coroner (Staniel, #1)
  • The Half of Us (Family, #4)
  • Fire and Water (Carlisle Cops, #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
Faith Gibson lives outside Nashville, Tennessee with the love of her life, and her four-legged best friends. She began writing in high school and over the years, penned many stories and poems.

When her dreams continued to get crazier than the one before, she decided to keep a dream journal. Many of these night-time escapades have led to a line, a chapter, and even a complete story.

When asked what

The Music Within (3 books)
  • Deliver Me (The Music Within, #1)
  • Finding Me (The Music Within, #3)

News & Interviews