Start by marking “Too Late” as Want to Read:
Too Late

Too Late

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  25,428 Ratings  ·  3,462 Reviews
Sloan will go through hell and back for those she loves.
And she does, every single day.
After finding herself stuck in a relationship with the dangerous and morally corrupt Asa Jackson, Sloan will do whatever it takes to get by until she's able to find a way out.
Nothing will get in her way.
Nothing except Carter.

Sloan is the best thing to ever happen to Asa. And if you
Published by Wattpad (first published April 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Too Late, please sign up.
Catarina Wattpad is a website where people can publish books online. Colleen Hoover wrote a book and published it there. You can read it here: …moreWattpad is a website where people can publish books online. Colleen Hoover wrote a book and published it there. You can read it here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/5461625...

You just have to sign up and you can read it for free. I hope this helps :)(less)

Es Summer
Apr 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people who like to torture themselves

Too Late is an excruciating read that could not appease me in any way.
When CoHo released this book, she suggested that this story would be a little edgier and darker than her other reads.
It was, but mostly, Too Late was a melodramatic get-together of underdeveloped characters and a ridiculous plot line.

The story is about Sloan, a girl that is apparently very strong and unyielding, however, in my opinion, she comes across as a whiny doormat.
There, I said it. ^.^
She has an abusive boyfriend, Asa,
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
So I leave GR for a bit because real life sometimes exists and I hate it. Then I get a message from my bookpushing bestie giving me a 'gentle' nudge to read this book.
commercial photography locations

So I figured that even if my tiny little brain cannot wrap itself around anything else right now that some smut would be just the ticket to get me back to reading.
I've been missing me some reading.
commercial photography locations

This little free book surprised me. Colleen Hoover's books are usually full of angst but overall they feature 'goody-goody' character
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

When I read that Too Late would be “different than anything CoHo has ever written before” my reaction was pretty much . . .

commercial photography locations

I mean for real. She just had a book released yesterday that stated the same thing and from what I’ve heard so far it’s the same angsty instalovey bullcrap with some kind of rip-your-heart-out (assuming that you, unlike me, actually have a heart) plot twist (and YASSSSS of course I’ll still read the damn thing).

B
~Poppy~
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
“While Sloan is very, very beautiful,” Carter says, making sure not to look at me. “Looks have shit-all to do with love. Love isn’t found in the attraction you have to someone. Love isn’t found in the laughter you share. Love isn’t even found in all the things you have in common. Love is not, in any way, shape or form, defined by nor found in the abundance of bliss it brings two people.” He downs his third glass of champagne and with the same routine, Dalton fills Carter’s glass for a fourth tim ...more
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4.5 STARS****

Okay, well that happened! I really enjoyed this one!

We have 3 main characters….

Sloan – college student and girlfriend of Asa.
Asa – the biggest drug dealer on his campus who is being investigated.
Carter/Luke – undercover police officer assigned to bring down Asa. Also the other man.

I liked Sloan, she was a great heroine. You see Sloan is strong, even though she didn’t think so. She wanted out of her relationship with Asa but if she leaves her brother, Steven won’t be able to rece
Pearl Angeli
"And that's where love finds you... in the tragedies."

3 Stars

Whoa, Colleen Hoover just showed us her dark side! Too Late was so different compared to her previous works because this book contains some graphic sex scenes, use of drugs, and domestic abuse. Once again I was awed by Colleen's writing and I'm happy that she was able to come up with something new, but I honestly can't say that I loved everything in this book. Although there were parts that blew me away, there were things that unfo
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

It's 4.00 am in Turkey and my eyes are killing me right now but I don't even fcking care cause I loved this story a lot. :)
Colleen, I love you so much woman... You're my all time favorite author. :)
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Back on wattpadd FOR FREE! | https://www.wattpad.com/story/5461625...

"Love is not found. Love finds.
Love finds you in the tragedies."

description

"Worries flow from her lips like the random words
AleJandra
5 Coconut cake and Jesus on a stick STARS

"The world doesn’t owe us a thing. We take what we’re given and we make the most of it. But you took what you were given and you shit on it and then expected more.”

Descorchen el Champán.

Traigan los mariachis.

Saquen los globos y el confeti.

Para celebrar que por primera vez LE VOY A DAR 5 ESTRELLAS A UN LIBRO DE COLLEEN HOOVER, y lo voy a poner en mi estantería de favoritos.

description

Esta historia fue publicada en Watpadd. Por un lado, que bueno porque e
Dana Ilie
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I wanted to really like this book but I can't with Sloan and Asa. Neither of them is very appealing. Not one of my favourites of hers.

Jennifer Kyle
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 STARS

”Love is not found. Love finds.”

description

This story is about a desperate college girl named Sloan who is trapped in a relationship with her boyfriend/drug lord, Asa Jackson. Asa has a firm hold on Sloan including her housing and her affections while dangling her handicapped brother’s welfare to keep her put. When an undercover detective named Luke begins to penetrate Asa’s organization he finds himself falling hard for Sloan.

”He'll never walk away. He'll either do this until he's in prison..
Kimi

Non Spoilery section:
Hello non spoilery person! Why on earth haven’t you read this book yet? What are you waiting for?!

On second thought, there miiiiiiiight be a few reasons why you don’t want to read this book and by a few I mean a lot. You see this book has a trigger warning for basically everything you can possibly think of.
Here’s a list of all the trigger warnings:
(view spoiler)
Beth Hudspeth
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

Witty, wildly addicting, and scary at times. This over the top Wattpad story will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time. Colleen is out of control.

Omg you guys. I had to rate this 5 stars on the sheer fact that I was SO addicted to this story. It's super far fetched, but I really didnt care. I read this in one sitting, minus the 6 chapters I read back in October before all this craziness. This is classic CoHo and totally new twisted CoHo. I did
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
2.5 STARS

I really don’t know what to say. I’ve just finished chapter 45, the final chapter of this continuing story on Wattpad, and I’m disappointed.

I was struggling with this book and no matter how hard I tried, I wasn’t invested in the story nor could I connect with the characters.

Why?

It’s hard to explain without giving away any spoilers so this is going to be short and vague.

Something different. The story is certainly more violent and more graphic than we are used from this author and that’s
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think this has to be the second book by COHO that I actually adored...

After reading Ugly Love, I fell in love with COHO's writing, so I decided to do what every other bookworm would do when they fall in love with a new author: I bought all her books. I made a huge mistake though... Every single other book that COHO has written has been a mess to my eyes. Somehow she was able to make a come-back with this new story, because MY GUACAMOLES ARE HOT AND SPICY THIS TIME!

This story has everything
Andreea Pop
Starting 2017 with a CoHo book seems quite perfect to me.

3.5 stars for this one. You can definitely see she wrote it for fun, because it's nothing like her other works. It's the first time I feel the story gained a superficial nuance, only scratching the surface of a basis for a normal novel and I noticed that especially with the secondary characters. You usually fall in love with CoHo secondary characters, but this time I barely felt a connection to them. Oh, and the fact that it's not layered
Andie
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this much darker side of Colleen's writing style! These characters and their story is definitely not something I could ever forget. The best part? It's FREE on Wattpad!
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

TITLE: Too Late
AUTHOR: Colleen Hoover
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE:

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A murder, an arrest, an attempted murder makes TOO LATE one thrilling un-put-down-able- read!!

I've pretty much read all of this authors books and have cray cray loved each and everyone of them so am keen to see why this has so many mixed reviews..This is nothing like what I expected from this author, it's got an underlying darkness to it which has me racing through the pages..

TOO LATE: This story foc
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

This was a great story!
I didn't read it back when Colleen published it on wattpad. I hate wattpad. I want a whole story in one whole book and not a chapter a week/day or anything like that. So I'm really happy she decided to put this into a real book.

It was so much 'darker' than her usual teenage romance thingies.

It was NOT a love-triangle. The blurb sucks. I almost didn't start reading because I hate love triangles, but we quickly realize that Asa is the bad guy here. REALLY BAD. Even though we
This book is full of sex, drugs, and rock&roll PSYCHOPATHS! As it has already been said, Too Late is by far Colleen Hoover's darkest book to date. I wouldn't say it officially falls into the "dark" genre, but it is dark compared to the current books that feature her recognizable name. It's graphic in terms of language, sexual content, drug use, and violence, which is not the norm in your typical CoHo book. This fact in no way, shape, or form counts against Ms. Hoover in the slightest. Author ...more
ambsreads
Apr 09, 2016 rated it liked it
WARNING: I would not recommend this book if you don't like (or are triggered by) cheating, abuse, rape, drugs. I also wouldn't recommend this book if you don't like jealous alpha men, slight love triangles or insta-love.

Too Late was a book that attempted to tackle some serious issues, but fell short on some accounts. It's no secret I love Colleen Hoover, I've recommended her books to countless people after having Hopeless recommended to me two years ago. I was particular excited for a book tackl
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommended to Nenia ✨ Queen of Literary Trash, Protector of Out-of-Print Gems, Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Mother of Smut, the Unrepentant, Breaker of Convention ✨ by: Kat Stark
Shelves: new-adult, romance

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Edited: Apparently TOO LATE is no longer free to read. :(

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the first Colleen Hoover book that I've ever actually liked. Every single other one of her books that I've read ended up getting a one-star review from me, but this...this was good. I devoured it the way I devoured the Meiji chocolate mushrooms I bought in San Francisco last week: all at once - with no regret.

Sloan is in an abusive relationship with an
Jen
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First, I have to say that I loved reading this book for FREE on WattPad. When I found out about this book I dropped everything and immediately went to the website to start reading. It didn't matter that the book wasn't finished at the time and that she was releasing a chapter a day. Once I was caught up reading all of the chapters that were out at that time, waiting for the next chapter to be released added a level of excitement for me. It gave me something to look forward to each day.

Sloan is
*TANYA*
Jul 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
VERY disappointing!!! I cannot believe CoHo wrote this book. Perhaps one of the worse books I've read this year. >: (
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

Colleen Hoover worked her magic and gave us a free book over on wattpad. It's a bit of a pain to read it there only because I couldn't figure out how to highlight but I loved all the comments everyone was making! Anyway, CoHo + free = winner...almost.

The story's about Sloan, a college student, who's in an unfavorable relationship with the local drug dealer, Asa. She also meets another college student, Carter, who becomes much more involved in her life...and therein lies the problem.

I was
Rachel Reads Ravenously

Started reading this when I only had access to a computer, and even when I got my kindle back I couldn't stop. Very very compelling and I read it quickly, but honestly it was extremely over the top. Especially near the end. Otherwise I would have loved it.
Laurie –A Court of Books–
“Love finds you in the forgiveness at the tail end of a fight. Love finds you in the empathy you feel for someone else. Love finds you in the embrace that follows a tragedy. Love finds you in the celebration after the conquering of an illness. Love finds you in the devastation after the surrender to an illness.”

You might find myself weird (I least I kind of do), but I actually liked this book. It was kind of sick but I had a good time reading it! I read it in two sitting actually. Well I kind
Aleri
May 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
No sé si tenía mis expectativas muy altas y no vi venir lo que la autora hizo, no niego que a veces los libros suelen ser crudos y reales pero hay líneas que creo no deben ser cruzadas, la autora al final dice que si alguien tiene una relación con violencia busque ayuda pero nos presenta a una protagonista que día tras día es violada y abusada por su novio, peor que la razón por la cual esta con él al final viene valiendo, la protagonista termino estando igual de enferma que él, no entiendo la l ...more
Jaclyn
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love. Love is not found. Love finds.

*round of applause for yet another brilliant Colleen Hoover book*

AND GUYS! THIS ONE IS FREE ON WATTPAD! WHICH MEANS EVERYONE CAN READ IT!! And needs to read it!!
CLICK IT!!!

BUT I STILL NEED A PHYSICAL COPY FOR MY COLLEEN HOOVER COLLECTION PLEASE

Anyways...Wow..that was so wow...Literally the only word flowing through my head right now.

I read this without knowing what this was about, just that it was Colleen Hoover and I jus
Amy (Foxy)
Have you heard about this book by Colleen Hoover? It was a fun project she did where she uploaded a chapter a day on Wattpad for FREE. I didn't read it when it was available in this format. I waited until it came out on kindle.

As I reading it I would imagine what it must have been like for the readers who had to wait for the next chapter to be uploaded to Wattpad. I have to say I would have gone nuts because each chapter ended leaving me wanting MORE.

I loved this book, even though, it was ve
  • Kissing Trouble
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Zora and Nicky
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • The Struggle (The Things We Can't Change, #2)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Zero Hour (Gypsy Brothers, #8)
  • Dusty (Dusty, #1)
  • The Arrival (The Eslite Chronicles, #1)
  • Before Hadley
  • Patch Up (Patch Up, #1)
  • Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA and Women's Fiction.

Still doesn't know the difference between affect/effect, further/farther, or if the oxford comma is in or out.

If you want to follow me, my username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity. We've donated over one
More about Colleen Hoover

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“and that's where love finds you... in the tragedies.” 72 likes