Start by marking “A Star-Spangled Murder (Susan Henshaw, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Star-Spangled Murder (Susan Henshaw, #6)

A Star-Spangled Murder (Susan Henshaw #6)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  166 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Susan Henshaw and her family have been coming to their summerhouse in Maine for years, but when neighbor Humphrey Taylor is found bludgeoned to death in her living room, Susan's relaxing holiday goes out with the tide as she searches to find the killer before he or she strikes again. But the killer may just find her first . . .
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published May 29th 1993 by Fawcett (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about A Star-Spangled Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Star-Spangled Murder

Naomi Blackburn
Jun 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
OMG..this book was brain numbing! It gave cozy a whole new meaning. I have read some cozies that weren't as light and fluffy as this book. In my humble opinion, the only thing that was missing were the recipes! Just nothing to this book..can't say anymore!
Gina
***EDIT***

After thinking about this book all day I have decided to change my review to 1 star. I have been angry all day that I even wasted time reading it and there really isn't any redeeming qualities in the book. I was much too generous earlier giving it a 2 star review and I won't hurt anyone's feelings by saying DON'T READ THIS BOOK!!! IT STINKS! 1 STAR.

Bookflap Description- Susan Henshaw and her family have been coming to their summerhouse in Maine for years, but when neighbor Humphrey Tay
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A bit disjointed for me. The premise was good, but I felt the book jumped around a bit.
Sallie
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
I've read a few of these mysteries, and I always enjoy them. She keeps me wondering and interested to the end.
Margo Brooks
I had trouble with this book. The setting was interesting--an island in Maine near Arcadia National Park--and I enjoyed the accounts of Maine's 4th of July celebratrations, but I didn't like any of the characters and couldn't keep them straight. I know that part of the story hinged on the fact that no one was terribly upset when the neighbor's husband winds up murdered, but would the houseguests really all go to the fireworks the next night--especailly when half the island is out looking for one ...more
LJ
A STAR-SPANGLED MURDER - NR
Wolzien, Valerie - 6th in Susan Henshaw series

Susan Henshaw and her family have been coming to their summer house in Maine for years, but when neighbor Humphrey Taylor is found bludgeoned to death in her living room, Susan's relaxing holiday goes out with the tide.

Somebody in the small town committed murder—and in between making potato salad, watching the July 4th parade, and dodging firecrackers Susan means to find out who.

Way too light for me, not my cup of tea.
Sandybear76
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
I found this mystery at the Friends of the Juneau Library bookstore. It was a huge space in a small shopping center.

Susan and her friend Kathleen traveled to Maine to Susan's family summer house on a small island, which is busy preparing for the island's Fourth of July celebrations. Susan has new neighbors, a family with 3 little girls, who have a big secret.
ChrisGA
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Susan and Katherine go up vacation in house on Maine island and find another dead body. Complicating the situation are three children and one big, stupid dog. Enjoyed this one and meeting Titiana. Very engaging storyline.
Gail
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not one of my favorites of Wolzein. Still pretty good, but I didn't like some parts.
Linda
Jul 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
Good little mystery set at the Fourth of July in Maine.
Margaret Lewis
Loved the setting. Captured 4th of July at Arcadia National Park.
Mary Thompson
Apr 24, 2009
Shannon
Jan 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Booked for Murder (Lighthouse Inn Mystery #5)
  • The Red Scream (Molly Cates, #1)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • Hunting A Detroit Tiger
  • Going Out In Style (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #1)
  • Roots of Murder (Bretta Solomon, #1)
  • Sisters in Crime (Sisters in Crime, #1)
  • Dying to Meet You (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #2)
  • The Body in the Kelp (Faith Fairchild, #2)
  • Estate of Mind (Den of Antiquity, #6)
  • Dealing in Murder (A Molly Doyle Mystery #1)
Valerie Wolzien is the author of the Susan Henshaw suburban mysteries and the Josie Pigeon seashore mysteries. Ms. Wolzien lives in an old house overlooking the Hudson River. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached online at valerie@wolzien.com.
More about Valerie Wolzien...

Susan Henshaw (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Murder at the PTA Luncheon (Susan Henshaw, #1)
  • The Fortieth Birthday Body (Susan Henshaw, #2)
  • We Wish You a Merry Murder (Susan Henshaw, #3)
  • All Hallows' Evil (Susan Henshaw, #4)
  • An Old Faithful Murder (Susan Henshaw, #5)
  • A Good Year for a Corpse (Susan Henshaw, #7)
  • 'Tis the Season to Be Murdered (Susan Henshaw, #8)
  • Remodeled to Death (Susan Henshaw, #9)
  • Elected for Death (Susan Henshaw, #10)
  • Weddings Are Murder (Susan Henshaw, #11)