Start by marking “Fleabee's Fortune” as Want to Read:
Fleabee's Fortune

Fleabee's Fortune

(Deptford Mouselets #1)

The great rat festival of First Blood is approaching, by which time Fleabee, daughter of Rancid Alf, must have committed murder, or she will be killed herself. She is terrified by Jupiter, Lord of All, who will ultimately dish out the punishment, but she hasn't acquired the same blood lust that seems to possess all other rats.
Published (first published December 15th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Fleabee's Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fleabee's Fortune

Start your review of Fleabee's Fortune
Matthew Hodge
Reread in 2018: While I was less impressed with this back in 2013 (a year which marked my return to reading Robin Jarvis books), reading it this time round there are more subtleties than I realised. Having said that, they will probably only be appreciated if you have read any of the original Deptford books. So this is probably still the worst place to start on the Jarvis canon. But if you're a fan, this is an intriguing start to a series that never quite went anywhere in particular but had great ...more
Edward Davies
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Deptford Mice books, and this was one I missed when I was younger (I was lucky enough to find it in a second hand book shop). It feels so much shorter than the other books, though it has a similar page count, and it isn't quite as scary as the other books, but it is still an enjoyable read
X
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I didn't think it was as good or as detailed as the Deptford Mice trilogy, but that might be understandable as (I guess) it was written for younger readers. It was still enjoyable and still very much Jarvis, and the glimpse of some characters from Deptford Mice was interesting!
Mono33
SeaJay
Oct 05, 2013
Kaspian
Oct 08, 2011
Robin Jarvis (born May 8, 1963) is a British children's novelist, who writes fantasy novels, often about anthropomorphic rodents and small mammals – especially mice – and Tudor times. A lot of his works are based in London, in and around Deptford and Greenwich where he used to live, or in Whitby.

His first novel – The Dark Portal, featuring the popular Deptford Mice – was the runner up for the Smar

Deptford Mouselets (2 books)
  • Whortle's Hope (Mouselets Of Deptford S.)

News & Interviews